MemeDream-KT

Whats the lowest gear you can PvP in?

Im returning again and got into a 1v1.  I outplayed them but had no chance cuz of gear... (Proof: i.imgur.com/M2I3LYu.png)

What is baseline gear that you need to do damage in PvP because this is just ridiculous.......... 

Capa-KT   
Posted (edited)

a mix of a couple ultimates and legendaries is pretty baseline, otherwise you won't hit much unless they're alts/returning players/ppl who play 30min per day

without mostly legendaries it's unlikely you'll even survive 1v1 pvp encounters (open world or otherwise) at this point, unless your class has strong survivability and/or escape mechanisms; most ppl running solo will have the proper gear for it i.e. what I mentioned at the beginning of this post and that's at the very least, if they're not full ult +15 ofc.

Edited by Capa-KT

Im almost full ultimate, and it seems there is still people who can 3 shot me, so its always relative, and this is the most gear dependent patch Aion ever had.

Capa-KT   
18 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

this is the most gear dependent patch Aion ever had.

tbh I feel that was the case in 5.8 too if you compared ppl in +15/not fully purified gear vs ppl in +27/30, but I guess there wasn't enough of those max geared ppl to make such a big impression as there are now

we were also fed so many events (by the time that ppl actually reached +27/30 or full caeus) that there was barely any time to really pvp (particularly 1v1s where gear difference really shows imho) and get destroyed repeatedly, compared to 6.2+

although I do agree some things are clearly put out of reach of 99% of the population like kaisinel, and most of the population will most likely not reach full ultimate +15 if they haven't reset pvp instances with Luna at all (and if they haven't had prestige or instance boost packs until now, it's more than likely that they won't even reach full ultimate +0) before 7.0 hits which is honestly quite nyerking sad

Posted (edited)
On 20/6/2019 at 6:04 AM, MemeDream-KT said:

Im returning again and got into a 1v1.  I outplayed them but had no chance cuz of gear... (Proof: i.imgur.com/M2I3LYu.png)

What is baseline gear that you need to do damage in PvP because this is just ridiculous.......... 

well i'ts been 8 months alrdy since 6.0 update, i think its enough time for any acitve Average player to be half Legenday & half Ultimate, so if you are ancient geared even all +15 most of the times you will get beaten.

BTW i see you used Seizure Arrow and that is an old skill, you should change it for the Advanced version ASAP just look for it in your skill tab, it's called Soul-Busting Arrow, damage is 35% higher, life leech is 80% instead of 50%, and cooldown 30 sec instead of 45, so its a huge boost, also u used it on the Sorcer, always use it on mobs! with a good crit on low def mobs you will recover a lot of HP.  (sometimes i recover like 50k HP  xD )

Edited by DevilNest-KT

If someone is coming from scratch, say this month (yeah it's me) and just hit level cap... I grind 2 - 3 hours a day, or 5 - 6 hours every other day.. What sort of progression am I looking at? I'm fairly experienced with Aion, in older times, but I haven't mained in a long time.

Am I looking at a month? Two months? Three months before I see something like half ancient half legendary? 
Should I look at building into legendary and purchasing some crafted ultimate?

Just looking for the more efficient route I can take, but still be able to kind of fight if I need to I guess.

Posted (edited)

Mmm maybe 4 to 6 weeks to get full ancient +15 ? but that it just the easy part ,for legendary you need to gather, AP and Spirit Fragments, and enchanting legendary past +10 becomes a lot harder.

So maybe u can get 1 piece legendary to +15 every 10 days? 

This is pretty relative estimaton it all depends how focused you are and how you manage your time, how good is your RNG, or if you want to drop some money ofc things will go faster.

About crafted gear each passing day they become less and less profitable or useful because 7.0 its pretty close (my guess 45 to 90 days) and they can not be upgraded to new gear while current Genesis Crystal can be upgraded to 7.0 Tier 2 gear.

Even after saying this, i as a 2 handed dps class if you want to notice a big and fast improvement and you have kinah around from previoud patches i still recomend you to buy a Masterwork ultimate crafted weapon. Can be PvE or PvP it will work rlly fine in both aspects.

As even at +0 is better than a Legendary +15 genesis weapon.

I guess prices vary from server and faction. In KT-E they go around 200 to 350 millions maybe.

Or you can try to craft it yourself as you need the failed craft to de enchant to get the Spirit Fragments to purify you genesis set

Edited by DevilNest-KT

23 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Mmm maybe 4 to 6 weeks to get full ancient +15 ? but that it just the easy part ,for legendary you need to gather, AP and Spirit Fragments, and enchanting legendary past +10 becomes a lot harder.

So maybe u can get 1 piece legendary to +15 every 10 days? 

This is pretty relative estimaton it all depends how focused you are and how you manage your time, how good is your RNG, or if you want to drop some money ofc things will go faster.

About crafted gear each passing day they become less and less profitable or useful because 7.0 its pretty close (my guess 45 to 90 days) and they can not be upgraded to new gear while current Genesis Crystal can be upgraded to 7.0 Tier 2 gear.

Even after saying this, i as a 2 handed dps class if you want to notice a big and fast improvement and you have kinah around from previoud patches i still recomend you to buy a Masterwork ultimate crafted weapon. Can be PvE or PvP it will work rlly fine in both aspects.

As even at +0 is better than a Legendary +15 genesis weapon.

I guess prices vary from server and faction. In KT-E they go around 200 to 350 millions maybe.

Or you can try to craft it yourself as you need the failed craft to de enchant to get the Spirit Fragments to purify you genesis set

That was a helpful response, thank you.

Truth is, I can probably put in 4 - 5 hours every day or more, girlfriend pending (I'm not about to neglect a lady!)

I'm fairly confident I can be somewhere "on the grid" by the time patchwork comes out.

Posted (edited)
On 20/6/2019 at 0:04 PM, MemeDream-KT said:

...a ranger that outplayed a sorc? you are literally an anti-sorc class, so don't bring this specific pvp into this.

Back to your question: It depends on what gear the enemy has, if you are in ancient and he is in legendary he won, if you are in legendary and he is in ultimate, he won, if you are in ultimate +0 and he is in ultimate +15 he most likely won again.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, Capa-KT said:

tbh I feel that was the case in 5.8 too if you compared ppl in +15/not fully purified gear vs ppl in +27/30, but I guess there wasn't enough of those max geared ppl to make such a big impression as there are now

we were also fed so many events (by the time that ppl actually reached +27/30 or full caeus) that there was barely any time to really pvp (particularly 1v1s where gear difference really shows imho) and get destroyed repeatedly, compared to 6.2+

although I do agree some things are clearly put out of reach of 99% of the population like kaisinel, and most of the population will most likely not reach full ultimate +15 if they haven't reset pvp instances with Luna at all (and if they haven't had prestige or instance boost packs until now, it's more than likely that they won't even reach full ultimate +0) before 7.0 hits which is honestly quite nyerking sad

Well, to give an idea of how difference of gear is at its worse in this era, just look at Better's old videos from the 5.0 era.

Sure, he could kill multiple people, even whole groups, but sometimes he barely survided even one or 2, and people would take awhile to die, but nowhere close to going through 3 shot rampage like he does now.

Now compare with this:

Edited by Matsukamy-KT

taha-DN   

as   Arhangelos-KT said:

Back to your question: It depends on what gear the enemy has, if you are in ancient and he is in legendary he won, if you are in legendary and he is in ultimate, he won, if you are in ultimate +0 and he is in ultimate +15 he most likely won again.

I think this hit the nail on the head and cannot be more true. unless your a pvp god, the simple fact of the matter is  if your opponent has better gear then you  for the most part u simply lost plain and simply especially if they are a decent pvp'er.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:45 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, to give an idea of how difference of gear is at its worse in this era, just look at Better's old videos from the 5.0 era.

Sure, he could kill multiple people, even whole groups, but sometimes he barely survided even one or 2, and people would take awhile to die, but nowhere close to going through 3 shot rampage like he does now.

Now compare with this:

You also brought another issue here, class imbalance, the guy in the video probably belongs to the cancerous players where in 5.8 he played the ultra-broken templar which would never die and could aoe-kill a whole group and in 6.2+ he plays the ultra-broken gladiator which is as tanky as that templar and can also kill a whole group in aoe as well.

I never understood people playing stupid-op classes and making videos on youtube.
It is like an AT putting pvp videos in 6.5 or something, yeah you win we get it, it is not like you are a pro player, you simply play the class that is broken as f^ck at the moment.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT