Thinking on coming back need opinions

I know this thread gets made almost every day, but I played Aion back from 2.7-4.6 my friends and I came back at the start of 6.0 and like everything except the inclusion of those terribly designed candy transformations and how they play a near primary necessity role for combat of any kind instead of just being a supplementary tool. 

A lot of the people on my friends list these days are new and returning players- so I feel like something about 6.0 is drawing people in, and keeping them around. ^_^

Using transformation scrolls is basically the same as using a bunch of scrolls in previous patches; I know I would use casting, running, crit spell, and strike/magic resist at all times in 5.8 so having all of that (and more) in one scroll is pretty handy. And personally I don't mind the transformation system because so many people were using fennec fox candies in previous patches and didn't look like themselves anyhow. What I really super appreciate is that you can use transparent scrolls to get all of those sweet candy-esque stats, but with your lovingly designed character in action. I pretty much only use the regular scrolls if I have a candy popped underneath it. (Would rather look like Veille than a fat panda y'know.)

Transparent scrolls still aren't as cheap as I wish they were, but they've been increasingly easy to acquire. I stockpile a lot from running Luna instances on my alts, and the latest maintenance has made Lunas more worthwhile to run than ever.

All this to say- I really hope you and your friends give 6.0 another try, and see how you feel after getting some higher tier transforms unlocked and popping a transparent scroll to utilize 'em! (Seriously, the high running speed from Legendary transforms is so freaking fun, I promise you you'll love it! :D)

15 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

A lot of the people on my friends list these days are new and returning players- so I feel like something about 6.0 is drawing people in, and keeping them around. ^_^

Using transformation scrolls is basically the same as using a bunch of scrolls in previous patches; I know I would use casting, running, crit spell, and strike/magic resist at all times in 5.8 so having all of that (and more) in one scroll is pretty handy. And personally I don't mind the transformation system because so many people were using fennec fox candies in previous patches and didn't look like themselves anyhow. What I really super appreciate is that you can use transparent scrolls to get all of those sweet candy-esque stats, but with your lovingly designed character in action. I pretty much only use the regular scrolls if I have a candy popped underneath it. (Would rather look like Veille than a fat panda y'know.)

Transparent scrolls still aren't as cheap as I wish they were, but they've been increasingly easy to acquire. I stockpile a lot from running Luna instances on my alts, and the latest maintenance has made Lunas more worthwhile to run than ever.

All this to say- I really hope you and your friends give 6.0 another try, and see how you feel after getting some higher tier transforms unlocked and popping a transparent scroll to utilize 'em! (Seriously, the high running speed from Legendary transforms is so freaking fun, I promise you you'll love it! :D)

I know right!?!

Isn't it awesome how NCGreed managed to figure out a way to monetize the ability to see you character's default appearance?

So super awesome! Like for sure!

if you were keep on played you wouldve have legendary transformation by now we had event for it/

however you are thinking comming back? if you dont like spending money or cant, try to hold up until 7.0 on 7.0 it will be ezier to optaion transformations.

if you are really planning on coming back while you testing waters if i were you i would do atleast weekly quest that is major quest that you have to do it no matter what you are P2W F2W doesnt matter.

5 hours ago, Morrigan-KT said:

I know right!?!

Isn't it awesome how NCGreed managed to figure out a way to monetize the ability to see you character's default appearance?

So super awesome! Like for sure!

Except it literally costs nothing to get transparents. Who even buys them off the BCM? Ridiculous.

Look, everyone should already have been running their Luna instances for exp (either to level up or to farm Bobonerk's gems) and crafting kinah bundles, and as of Wednesday they should still be running to get more materials for crafting transformations, storage cabinets, legendary enchantment stones, and the actual Luna currency. You don't even have to run the daily, you can just set up your turrets and go on a walk, which would probably improve your disposition considerably. ;) Every seven runs gets you 20 transparents, and they stack up very very quickly. 

I hardly saw anyone complain about candies in 5.X when everyone was running around as a fox or a puppy 90% of the time instead of their character's default appearance and to me, this is the same old scenario except with better stats, more variety, and a transparent option. 

1 hour ago, Haniya-DN said:

Except it literally costs nothing to get transparents. Who even buys them off the BCM? Ridiculous.

Look, everyone should already have been running their Luna instances for exp (either to level up or to farm Bobonerk's gems) and crafting kinah bundles, and as of Wednesday they should still be running to get more materials for crafting transformations, storage cabinets, legendary enchantment stones, and the actual Luna currency. You don't even have to run the daily, you can just set up your turrets and go on a walk, which would probably improve your disposition considerably. ;) Every seven runs gets you 20 transparents, and they stack up very very quickly. 

I hardly saw anyone complain about candies in 5.X when everyone was running around as a fox or a puppy 90% of the time instead of their character's default appearance and to me, this is the same old scenario except with better stats, more variety, and a transparent option. 

i cant agree more!

busted by Haniya so accurate post.

It amazes me sometimes how gullible today's gamers are.

YEAH, that's how it always starts, "Oh, but it hardly costs anything...!"  Nevermind the fact that companies like NCSoft are essentially forcing you to pay to see the character you may have spent an hour creating, (or to see that costume you just played $30 for.) A nickel here, a dime there. Hardly anything, right?

It's the principle of the thing.

That's called a slippery slope, and companies like NCSoft, EA, etc thrive on the willingness of suckers...err...enablers of such underhanded practices to part with their cash. They always start small to test the reactions. Today it's nickles, tomorrow it's dollars...next thing you know...you're paying $$ for hotbars and other (used to be) standard of living options. (Oh wait...that's already happening.) Can't wait for the "change your UI settings ticket" so I can edit my ui at will. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll cost next to nothing too.

But yeah, sure...It's only a $1 per 5-10 minutes to spare yourself the indignity of playing a furry. 

Whatever makes you happy I guess. :/ Happy your friends like it, though one look at how barren this game has gotten since 6.0 tells me more than a few dont.

Anyways, enable away!

Luna skins are gone and yes transformation is a must to do if you wanna play the game unless you wanna afk in town all day and do nothing.

If you can bear transform then good for you if it's no no then better find another game that you like.

1 hour ago, Morrigan-KT said:

YEAH, that's how it always starts, "Oh, but it hardly costs anything...!"  Nevermind the fact that companies like NCSoft are essentially forcing you to pay to see the character you may have spent an hour creating, (or to see that costume you just played $30 for.) A nickel here, a dime there. Hardly anything, right?

That's called a slippery slope, and companies like NCSoft, EA, etc thrive on the willingness of suckers...err...enablers of such underhanded practices to part with their cash. They always start small to test the reactions. Today it's nickles, tomorrow it's dollars...next thing you know...you're paying $$ for hotbars and other (used to be) standard of living options. (Oh wait...that's already happening.) Can't wait for the "change your UI settings ticket" so I can edit my ui at will. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll cost next to nothing too.

But yeah, sure...It's only a $1 per 5-10 minutes to spare yourself the indignity of playing a furry. 

Whatever makes you happy I guess. :/ Happy your friends like it, though one look at how barren this game has gotten since 6.0 tells me more than a few dont.

Anyways, enable away!

Your reading comprehension is as poor as your attitude. O.o

There is no IRL monetary transactions going on here. No nickels, dimes, or dollars. Literally nothing. $0.00

1. AFK the Contaminated Underpath instance once a day on as many toons as you feel like
  2. Collect the MAAD-S Skin Tissue and turn in your quest
  3. Repeat x7
  4. Get transparents

I have 350 transparents in my inventory right this second, and a few hundred scattered across other toons until I can be bothered to broker trade them over to my main. I have never spent any money- or kinah, for that matter- on these scrolls.

(Also y'all need to quit dunking on the transformation system QQ-ing about furries. First of all, only 26 of the 63 transformations are animals, and 22 of those are Normal and Greater tier. If you're still running around in one of those, then I fully understand why you're so grouchy. Secondly, I'd rather have furries playing Aion than the downright disgusting lolis. In my experience they're actually incredibly nice people, and financially supportive of freelance crafters, artists, and artisans. Cheers!)

9 hours ago, Morrigan-KT said:

Anyways, enable away!

OMG! You mean for-profit companies want to make MONEY?! That's crazy! What is the world coming to? Really glad that you used hyperbole to teach us about capitalism.

10 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

I'd rather have furries playing Aion than the downright disgusting lolis. In my experience they're actually incredibly nice people, and financially supportive of freelance crafters, artists, and artisans. Cheers!

Those damn Furry always yiffing all around geting all the attention and is not fair!!

We demand for Brony transformations to be added asap!

Our community deserves a place in Aion too!

full-900x675.jpeg

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

OMG! You mean for-profit companies want to make MONEY?! That's crazy! What is the world coming to? Really glad that you used hyperbole to teach us about capitalism.

You know how you turn a profit?

1) A regular steady stream of worthwhile costumes on shop.

2) A regular and varied stream of attractive (PERMANENT) mounts on shop.

3) Cosmetic services broadened to include various hairstyles and other aesthetically pleasing options. (So long as we can actually see said options upon application, without the need to pay you extra for the "viewing privelege".)

4) A "premium" service that's actually worth the price of admission.

5) A support/dev staff on hand that is committed to providing a fair platform for its gamers. One that enforces it's in game rules, not one that blindly turns it's cheek to gamers that violate said rules so long as they retain their "whale" status.

You know how you DON'T go about successfully turning a profit? Do the exact opposite of those things listed above, AND...

Selling half baked "tickets" designed to provide access through pay to something said user/customer already had access to for free. Aka: his/her characters created/default appearance.

No, that's how you lose customers, not gain them.

Something Aion 2019 knows all too well.

Ahh. Good. So you agree that gaming companies are not charities and that they are supposed to try and get us to pay money so they can keep developing the game and, hopefully, make a profit.

Then it's all good. 

On 6/23/2019 at 8:58 PM, Haniya-DN said:

Er, Ya, I get my Transparency scrolls off the broker. It is cheaper in the long run.

As to complaints concerning transforms in 5x? No one complained because you had a choice. Now you don't and that's the problem - at least for me anyways.

To the OP:

In all honesty the only advice I can give you is come back and give it a shot. Playing 6x will at least get you some preliminary gear and accessories to get you started in 7x. Everyone here knows how I feel about the changes to the game brought on with 6x so I won't repeat myself. I will only say that Aion still can be fun if you can stomach the leveling process which will only be a matter of hours, not days like it used to be. Once you are at lvl 80 THAT is when the real work begins unless you are PTW which, it doesn't sound like you are. 7.0 will be injecting some much needed LIFE back into the game IMHO which will be a start (I've played 7.0 on my Korea account so I've seen it).

As I've stated above get your transparency scrolls from the broker. You can get them in bulk there as I do for very little farming or luna instance work so save your $$ for the things that really matter to you from the BCM. I've been playing Aion since release so I've seen it all and while yes, there were many better days in the past, but as with 7.0 and beyond if new maps and storyline and most important for those like me, Flying zones are added Aion can recover hopefully into something special again. At least that is my hope anyways.

Point is, there are a lot of fun things to do especially if you have friends or are bringing friends into the game with you to do them with. I think one thing Aion needs from us right now is our patience for them to add/bring back maps and storyline, PVP/PVE instances/areas etc., etc.

Hope to see you in game (unless your Elyos, lol).

On 6/24/2019 at 1:15 PM, Aly-DN said:

Ahh. Good. So you agree that gaming companies are not charities and that they are supposed to try and get us to pay money so they can keep developing the game and, hopefully, make a profit.

Then it's all good. 

By any means necessary huh? Even if it means ripping customers off in the process? How schilltastically magnanimous of you.

Yeah this is why the Activisions, EA's and NCSofts of the world get away with what they do. After all..."Why apologize when we can simply double down on our shady practices. When the shit hits the fan, we'll always have our shills and white knight there to defend us, and best of all, they'll do it for free! "

"There's a sucker born every minute" - PT Barnum.

Sure. It's free market, right? If a company is raising prices and their product isn't worth what they are charging, people won't buy that product and the company will loose money. The company can continue on as they have or lower prices or maybe just improve the quality of their product. It's up to them. Why should they apologize? If they want to "double down", then that's on them. So are the consequences. 

If this game folds because of NCSoft's practices, then it does. That's on them. If they mess things up so badly, players will leave. If they fix things, players will stay or even come back.

You can call me a shill or a white knight and that's fine. You obviously haven't read my posts. I spend a lot of time criticizing the way Aion is being handled. But the one thing you aren't ever going to see me say is that somehow NCSoft (or any gaming company) isn't entitled to actually make money. They aren't a charity. And do you know why I can see that gaming companies are businesses? Because I live in the real world. If that makes me a sucker in your eyes, I don't give a damn.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

Sure. It's free market, right? If a company is raising prices and their product isn't worth what they are charging, people won't buy that product and the company will loose money. The company can continue on as they have or lower prices or maybe just improve the quality of their product. It's up to them. Why should they apologize? If they want to "double down", then that's on them. So are the consequences. 

If this game folds because of NCSoft's practices, then it does. That's on them. If they mess things up so badly, players will leave. If they fix things, players will stay or even come back.

You can call me a shill or a white knight and that's fine. You obviously haven't read my posts. I spend a lot of time criticizing the way Aion is being handled. But the one thing you aren't ever going to see me say is that somehow NCSoft (or any gaming company) isn't entitled to actually make money. They aren't a charity. And do you know why I can see that gaming companies are businesses? Because I live in the real world. If that makes me a sucker in your eyes, I don't give a damn.

By your logic, drug dealers are entitled to their profits as well. Free market is it not? Who cares about the greater societal ramifications right? (And before you get your panties in a bunch about that analogy I suggest you give it some actual thought.)

You don't think gaming is an addiction? That it can lead otherwise sane people to do insane things just for that momentary shot of endorphines? And that companies like EA and NCSoft don't know that there's a profit to be made by selling right into these people's weaknesses? Preying on these poor fools knowing full well that they've built a "dependance" that these consumers can't ignore. And no matter how badly they're worked over and scammed, they'll keep coming back for more. For that next fix.

You think these companies are innocent free market enterprises to somehow be praised?

You think selling scam boxes (loot boxes) isn't harming anyone? (A few world governments would have a word with you about that.)

See, the ends doesn't always justify the means. If you run a shitty business, your shitty business isnt entitled to anything but a shitty end. That's how true capitalism is supposed to work. It's designed to weed out the weak. Well, that's how it's supposed to work... 

Unfortunately we live in a millennial world now, where a complete lack of self integrity leads individuals to selling their souls, (along with their pride), just for a small moment of instant gratification. Standing loyally behind companies like EA just for the meager scraps they recieve.

But alas I digress. We're getting way off point here...so allow me to step off dat soap box...

To put it more succinctly, companies like these make money because stupid people willingly throw their cash at them for substandard products. (Well, those that lack any understanding of the true value of money that is. Spending other people's money is always easy and worry free amirite?) Then the same stupid go around justifying their stupid decisions by throwing empty platitudes like, "Well, they're a company, they're entitled to making profits." As if that somehow condones their shifty, unscrupulous behaviour. Thats it. That's the whole point I was trying to make.

We're done here. No point endlessly circling around this topic with a well publicised shill. Enjoy your cruise on the S.S. Titanic. Be sure to leave your wallet on the way out. (Cause...you know...NCsoft is entitled to their profits.) ;)

Are you nyerking serious.

Drug dealing is illegal. There's nothing "free market" about it or social ramifications. It's i l l e g a l in the US.

Loot boxes are shitty, but not yet illegal/regulated in the US, and my gov would probably nyerk up regulating it, too.

Did you really bash millennials? Is that seriously your argument? What year is it?

Look, I don't buy into EA/Activision/NCsoft's marketing, sales, and management techniques any more than you do, and I refuse to pay in for them, but, damn, dude. 

8 hours ago, Morrigan-KT said:

By any means necessary huh? Even if it means ripping customers off in the process? How schilltastically magnanimous of you.

Yeah this is why the Activisions, EA's and NCSofts of the world get away with what they do. After all..."Why apologize when we can simply double down on our shady practices. When the shit hits the fan, we'll always have our shills and white knight there to defend us, and best of all, they'll do it for free! "

"There's a sucker born every minute" - PT Barnum.

I don't understand your attitude. You do realize that gaming companies/producers have to make money somehow to pay their Devs/Staff, Etc., in order to produce and get the game to market right? Or do you expect charity from them and for them to pay for all this (and what I describe is in the millions) out of their own pockets?

I'm not defending anybody. However, that being said I myself don't mind spending a lil $$ on a game that provides me enjoyment. And Aion has done that for me in spades over the past 10 - 11 years now. So why would I ming giving back a little?

Having worked for a Casino for the past several years I find it interesting what people will spend money on and what they consider fun. Some will sit at the same machine for hours on a style that I personally would not like, or others come to play poker, Blackjack, craps or roulette. None of that interests me either ( well maybe occasionally some black jack). It is however what they want to do and what they enjoy spending their money on so more power to them. Everyone is different in their own special ways. So if you enjoy playing Aion for whatever reason it interests you then by all means have at it and give it hell. Along the way drop some coin on the game or possibly you will not be playing it very long. However, you will not get Ncsoft to serve you free drinks from the lovely waitresses. ( this message was not endorsed by Nc anyone) :D

11 hours ago, Morrigan-KT said:

By your logic, drug dealers are entitled to their profits as well. Free market is it not? Who cares about the greater societal ramifications right? (And before you get your panties in a bunch about that analogy I suggest you give it some actual thought.)

You don't think gaming is an addiction? That it can lead otherwise sane people to do insane things just for that momentary shot of endorphines? And that companies like EA and NCSoft don't know that there's a profit to be made by selling right into these people's weaknesses? Preying on these poor fools knowing full well that they've built a "dependance" that these consumers can't ignore. And no matter how badly they're worked over and scammed, they'll keep coming back for more. For that next fix.

You think these companies are innocent free market enterprises to somehow be praised?

You think selling scam boxes (loot boxes) isn't harming anyone? (A few world governments would have a word with you about that.)

See, the ends doesn't always justify the means. If you run a shitty business, your shitty business isnt entitled to anything but a shitty end. That's how true capitalism is supposed to work. It's designed to weed out the weak. Well, that's how it's supposed to work... 

Unfortunately we live in a millennial world now, where a complete lack of self integrity leads individuals to selling their souls, (along with their pride), just for a small moment of instant gratification. Standing loyally behind companies like EA just for the meager scraps they recieve.

But alas I digress. We're getting way off point here...so allow me to step off dat soap box...

To put it more succinctly, companies like these make money because stupid people willingly throw their cash at them for substandard products. (Well, those that lack any understanding of the true value of money that is. Spending other people's money is always easy and worry free amirite?) Then the same stupid go around justifying their stupid decisions by throwing empty platitudes like, "Well, they're a company, they're entitled to making profits." As if that somehow condones their shifty, unscrupulous behaviour. Thats it. That's the whole point I was trying to make.

We're done here. No point endlessly circling around this topic with a well publicised shill. Enjoy your cruise on the S.S. Titanic. Be sure to leave your wallet on the way out. (Cause...you know...NCsoft is entitled to their profits.) ;)

You can't be serious?? And I don't appreciate your "Panties" comment - whether it was directed at me or not makes no difference. It's rude and has no place in our forums.

Your "Drug Dealer" comment is so ignorant I won't even comment on it. In fact your entire post is. Sounds to me like you do not understand business practices as well as you think you do. And your sarcasm only further shows your ignorance. 

You are right about one thing though. It is pointless to continue this topic with someone like you. Enuff said.

On 6/26/2019 at 3:11 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Are you nyerking serious.

Drug dealing is illegal. There's nothing "free market" about it or social ramifications. It's i l l e g a l in the US.

Loot boxes are shitty, but not yet illegal/regulated in the US, and my gov would probably nyerk up regulating it, too.

Did you really bash millennials? Is that seriously your argument? What year is it?

Look, I don't buy into EA/Activision/NCsoft's marketing, sales, and management techniques any more than you do, and I refuse to pay in for them, but, damn, dude. 

"Not yet" being the operative term when it comes to loot boxes.

As for the drugs topic, been to Colorado lately?  Funny thing about the ambiguity of what's legal and what isnt today...that can change at the drop of a hat. That's "progression" for ya I guess huh?

As for the entitled, overly sensitive, pussified, safe space having, soy boy infused majority of this millenial generation...that wasn't the focus of my post however...yeah...not really a fan.

Archived