Weekly Server Maintenance - September 27, 2017

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled game update Wednesday, September 27, 2017 from 6:00 AM to 12:30 PM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. Daeva's Day Celebrations will continue for one more week.
  3. Kromede's Revenge will continue for one more week.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week
 BWbNHCX.gif Jz21qZB.gif 7LpM0Y7.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daeva's Day Celebrations will continue for one more week. 

We should bring own cake and candles!! Buy some present for NCsoft Office. Lets put all out money guys together and buy something really expensive from BCM, cos Daeva's Day Celebration continue for one more week. If we don't get cake, lets give it to NCsoft team. Thank you!

• Aion Team

Hi everyone, we ran into a snag getting the server wide buff applying during the maintenance. For the next week the cake has returned so you will be able to run to it and grab buffs just like before. If you are resisting the EXP buff, removing your armor can help.

8 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hi everyone, we ran into a snag getting the server wide buff applying during the maintenance. For the next week the cake has returned so you will be able to run to it and grab buffs just like before. If you are resisting the EXP buff, removing your armor can help.

So when will we get the server wide buff @Cyan?

• Aion Team
Just now, GrimFrog-IS said:

So when will we get the server wide buff @Cyan?

The server wide buff won't be returning, but instead the cake has returned for this next week. Originally the plan was for the server-wide buff to remain and the cake be gone.

It's worse than server wide buffs + 100% amulet.

Server exp event and amulets stack multiplitively.

Server exp events:

• No event (now): x1
  • Regular double exp events (incl. previous week): x2
  • 2017-09-22 Aion NA anniversary: x3

Exp amulets:

• Regular 100% amulets (e.g. Poeta/Ishalgen farmables): x2
  • Daeva's Day cake 200%: x3 (Cake buff is an exp amulet and cannot be combined with other exp amulets)

Exp event and amulet combinations: (effective exp multiplier)

• Regular double exp event with regular 100% amulet: 2x2=4
  • Last week's double exp event with 200% Daeva's Day Cake: 2x3=6
  • 2017-09-22 Aion NA anniversary with cake: 3x3=9
  • This week (no event but with cake) 1x3=3

With my level 64 chanter sitting at 149 billion out of 162.5 billion exp to reach level 75 (91.68%), with this effective 3x exp I am not going to be burning any of my remaining untradable Fissure scrolls in order to achieve Bankai this week...

This really pisses me off. How hard is it for the developers to give the player base what they promised. This is now a constant issue, release dates not being met, events not working the way specified and the players being confused/angry on the forums till we finally get an "oopsie, we f'ed up again" post.

Event details are posted so the players can be aware of the goings-on and plan their week accordingly. I planned my week knowing that I wouldn't have access to the cake buff this week but I would have the server xp buff, and so I made sure I got one last cake buff before maintenance. That should've been 6 more hours of 300% XP instead I'm met with no server xp buff and the 22 FoO  runs I needed to hit 75 has doubled to 44. I mean seriously you don't even need to shut the servers down to turn on the server xp buff.

Of course this doesn't matter since you guys already made bank from all the Fallen Poeta hackers buying resets (all of which are 75 now) Meanwhile I'll have to shelve my toons till the next time the server monkeys figure out where the server xp buff switch is.

Archived