Weekly Server Maintenance - September 27, 2017

Cyan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that I agree with most people complaining on this topic.

We are tired of random actions taken at the very last moment not according with the event / post informations. I was also planning to use these last 6 hours buff + 100% server buff, now I see the experience was halved because this buff is not multiplicative. I'm terrified by the lack of experience you guys have regarding server / game configurations, It needs to be said. 

It seems like you guys have nightmares when you need to change small details into the current game patch, you gotta do something about it for the sake of your community and stop covering yourself with compensations that are not even close to what you promised on first place.

Removing Aion Anniversary server buff is destroying this event which, we all agree, is special & important one.

The 'oh thanks god we still have the cake' mentality is not working.

I would like then to strongly suggest the following, if i am allowed to:

a) please consider & study the possibility of restoring Aion Aniversary server buff, at least, at least, for this last weekend (Sept 30,Oct 1st) of Aion Anniversary.Event.

b) it would also compensate that last bizarre sudden official servers shutdown, in which many players were kicked out from their STF rank S instances.

Come on guys, we play and support this game since 2008. Bring wide server buff back online, at least 50% would be awesome!

bring back the server wide 100% exp buff and leave the cake as well we all cant play 24/7 to benefit from the exp besides its a anniversary for aion 300% exp for all the players who love aion make the community happy we are were your money comes from lol besides the way you explained it the 100% was supposed to stay as long as the cake and with all the problems the community has had with the sendlogs server crash and all that pushing a button is not too much to ask really disappointed right now as is 90% of the community in aion the 10% who are not mad is your lvl 75s,  its like we got promised a trip to Disney Land and you took us to the dentist instead.... 

The problem I have with using the Cake Buff to sub in for the server wide buff is that you can't refresh the Cake XP buff. You have to wait for it to tick all the way down before you can take it again. So there are times when you are going to start a long instance and you either ask your group to wait 15 minutes for your buff to expire so you can take it again or ask them to wait 15 minutes into the instance while you leave to retake the buff.

They really are not interchangeable. 

They actually don't care about anything at all no more.

It is clear by now they're not even truely willing to listen to aion community.

After Red Code missing NPC xp buff fiasco we though it would get better, it is getting much worse.

Announcing one thing and doing another.

Perhaps NCSoft should take a closer look of how poorly handed those N.A. servers are being managed.

And find someone else who is not interested in destroying the gameplay experience.

It is not good for business.

rfbKfYL.gif

Words cannot properly express how utterly disappointed I am.

I had everything set up and ready to go to make my final push to 74, a pretty big accomplishment for someone like me who's a hellacious slacker, but that opportunity is gone now. I don't have the luxury like some of the playerbase to take advantage of the +200% Anniversary buff when it came on last Friday. I probably got 3hours of it. (And when I say "take advantage of", boy, do I mean take advantage.)

The 100% server buff was decent enough to give a nice XP push, a lot of us could live with it. But the cake buff is a sorry excuse of an appeasement; like other players, I took the cake buff before logging off expecting to utilize a server buff. Sorry, not sorry. This is just sad. I need to make it clear that what's so sad is nothing is ever as advertised anymore. You understand that, right?

BUT...

You know what would be awesome? +200% Server buff on Friday (I won't even ask for Saturday because I figure someone needs to be in the office to turn off the switch). You'll be taking three birds out with one stone: 1) playerbase will be happy, 2) said playerbase will buy BCM items to level (you make money), 3) NC saves face. Everyone wins.

Please let me know when server buff is back so I can login.  I took the cake buff before I logged off.  Was looking forward to 5 hours+ of 6x XP on each of my toons, while the promised server buff was up.  Please do us right and restore the server buff and keep the cake up for the second week of celebration.

It's getting more and more upsetting with each week lately. It started out so well and now this... Tbh I rather wait for such great events, but get a better result out of it w/o further issues. Not rush things like this one, I'd suggest you to take your time to review everything and not end up noticing the errors later when it's too late. There were several issues the last week where many prestige users were affected, where players were not able to log in for the anniversary since you decided out of nowhere to disable the 64bit client because you couldn't take your time to find an actual solution w/o causing more issues and it keeps getting worse. How is the merge going to happen like this? *sighs*

Players and Aion gamers are currently so stressed out about doubts towards possible problems during the upcoming server merge.

Bringing back the buff event would help aliviate these tense days. 

Restore the server buff.

Let people enjoy the game this weekend. B|

20 hours ago, Cyan said:

The server wide buff won't be returning, but instead the cake has returned for this next week. Originally the plan was for the server-wide buff to remain and the cake be gone.

This is unacceptable. Some of AFK for hours in order to have the cake buff expire so that we could refresh it and have the full 6 hours ready for the server wide xp buff for a total of 6x. Now it will just be 3x xp maximum and those who waited got cucked and wasted energy usage.

If the server side xp buff remained even those who had the cake buff expire would be able to reach 4x xp if they had 100% xp amulets.

We are now getting less, and the only way to compensate this is by giving a week of 100% bonus xp server side after the next maintenance, cause what is going on right is not the same thing and is only better in regards to XP payout for crucible spire but that's it.

You already stuffed up with the nurse that was suppose to give a secondary xp buff that would stack with amulet type xp buffs but you screwed that up and cheated us, and now you are screwing us again and think that its okay.

THIS IS NOT OKAY!

You still need to crackdown on those who are exploiting Fallen Poeta, its not fair they get it easy while others grind in Fissure of Oblivion or spend lots of Luna and get less. Support staff has been taking ages and a combination of screw ups has made me very mad, and I'm usually a calm person despite my character name.

This such a slap in the face to us who pay monthly for prestige. Aion advertises the prestige buff but with the cake buff we now have to choose between what we pay for monthly or the XP. The choice is pretty clear but honestly they should just fix prestige so we don't have to choose. The old system pre 4.8 worked good for this since you didn't lose your buff if you wanted XP since it was all account based. Maybe if they lost their prestige customers they would care more about this. I know I won't 'cause monthly rewards but still.

Enable server buff back.

Listening to Aion community is not a weakness. On the contrary, Aion Staff team will get much stronger after all this.

Making community happy was the core purpose of Anniversary event.

Many MMO Podcasts on internet, for example, do consider very well when players are actually heard,

Make the right decision.

Archived