Jump to content
Cyan

Weekly Server Maintenance - September 27, 2017

Recommended Posts

Aly-DN   

I have zero idea why you addressed that to me, @Arkannis-SL. Just a few points since you did, though. The server wide buff being left out after maintenance is unacceptable and the players who care about it should be posting against what has happened. Period. A player's lack of proficiency with the written English language should have nothing to do with the validity of their opinion. Ignore anyone that says it does. No one is going to get banned for stating their opinion on the forums -unless- that opinion is laced with profanity and personal attacks. 

Bottom line, it does seem like the staff is just phoning it in with Aion lately. The Birthday is just the latest instance of the lack of care. The continued issues with the Kromede instance,  the switch to the laggy 32 bit client, the Cake buffs not stacking with the Prestige Buff, the server wide buff being left out after the server maintenance and the lack of anything remotely special to mark the actual Birthday has just left me personally with a sense of profound sadness. I understand that Aion is an 8 year old game. I understand that Aion isn't making tons of cash for the company, though it could be argued that the lack of care for the game has led to that. But GOOD HEAVENS. Please. There are still plenty of us out here who love this game. Please. Give us ONE staff member to ourselves. One staff member who does nothing but push for things for Aion. One staff member who isn't juggling three other games, because something is always going to get missed when that happens. And it just feels like it is always Aion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arkannis-SL said:

Hey @Nyinu-KR (good morning),

As a player, it was very painful to watch anniversary buff being foiled the way it was.

Nothing can be done and if we dare to try to do something to fix it here, we end up being accused of being trouble-makers, offenders, drama-queens, gamers that don't know how to write, among other things.

So eventually, we have to let it go. Hopefully, a new team in the future will be more community friendly.

Play with friends is the best i can do now. Receiving a free hammer ban in the face for something nobody cares no more is not worth it.

Cheesecake brought a peaceful atmosphere to the threat, from my part, i intend to keep it.

If you want to get bullied down into submission, that's your business. But don't assume the general community should adopt the same mindset. The last thing you should do is become complacent with things "not working." That just leads the Devs to thinking that they can walk all over us because "we don't care." 

For Christ's sake, don't be a victim. -.-;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For heaven's sake, there's making a point, and there's beating it to death with drama, and it got to the drama point. Or past the drama point into just being a nyerk because you can point.

There's "I don't like this thing/I really don't like this thing; here's why, maybe even with some reasonable suggestions" vs "NCSUX I HATE YOU YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE MY COMPUTER IS WORTH MORE THAN YOUR CAR," which is where the thread(s) went.

Speaking from experience, the more assholeish/all caps/accusational/epicbitchfest you get in a post, the less likely anyone is gonna read it, let alone address it, professionally or otherwise. You're just going to get skimmed or skipped over entirely to see if anyone else can make the point without frothing at the mouth.

You're more or less welcome to complain. Just don't be a douchenozzle about it, stay on target, and maybe remember that you, the player, aren't the only one frustrated by what decisions are made well above your paygrade (muster even a sliver of empathy for the messengers). They can pass your concerns up, but all the drama in the world isn't necessarily going to make those people care.

Aion is dying, in Korea, in NA, probably in the other regions to some degree or other, because the decision makers at the top don't care, even with every lick of drama they've gotten for their decisions. All of us who have enjoyed Aion hate seeing it die because the people at the top just don't care, but throwing a tantrum and destroying things isn't going to fix it and is just going to alienate people against you. 

I guess our experiences in Aion can translate just a bit into dealing with shit in real life, huh?

Support sucks to a game-destroying level, literally, too, but I'm not going to attack Cyan/Hime over that when they have no power over what Support does or doesn't do. Good luck dealing with Support. Like, legit RIP with that effort.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Cake has a very good point in there. I quoteth the Cake (removing the naughty words)..

Quote

Speaking from experience, the more a--holeish/all caps/accusational/epicb--chfest you get in a post, the less likely anyone is gonna read it, let alone address it, professionally or otherwise. You're just going to get skimmed or skipped over entirely to see if anyone else can make the point without frothing at the mouth.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

For heaven's sake, there's making a point, and there's beating it to death with drama, and it got to the drama point. Or past the drama point into just being a nyerk because you can point.

There's "I don't like this thing/I really don't like this thing; here's why, maybe even with some reasonable suggestions" vs "NCSUX I HATE YOU YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE MY COMPUTER IS WORTH MORE THAN YOUR CAR," which is where the thread(s) went.

Speaking from experience, the more assholeish/all caps/accusational/epicbitchfest you get in a post, the less likely anyone is gonna read it, let alone address it, professionally or otherwise. You're just going to get skimmed or skipped over entirely to see if anyone else can make the point without frothing at the mouth.

You're more or less welcome to complain. Just don't be a douchenozzle about it, stay on target, and maybe remember that you, the player, aren't the only one frustrated by what decisions are made well above your paygrade (muster even a sliver of empathy for the messengers). They can pass your concerns up, but all the drama in the world isn't necessarily going to make those people care.

Aion is dying, in Korea, in NA, probably in the other regions to some degree or other, because the decision makers at the top don't care, even with every lick of drama they've gotten for their decisions. All of us who have enjoyed Aion hate seeing it die because the people at the top just don't care, but throwing a tantrum and destroying things isn't going to fix it and is just going to alienate people against you. 

I guess our experiences in Aion can translate just a bit into dealing with shit in real life, huh?

Support sucks to a game-destroying level, literally, too, but I'm not going to attack Cyan/Hime over that when they have no power over what Support does or doesn't do. Good luck dealing with Support. Like, legit RIP with that effort.

 

But... I'm not being an nyerk? Assuming your comment was directed at me, considering it was after my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Forthyn-SL said:

But... I'm not being an nyerk? Assuming your comment was directed at me, considering it was after my own.

It wasn't.

If I'm using a targeted "you," I try to quote the post or the person by name.

Edited by Cheesecake-IS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyan   

Let's try and keep the replies on topic, please. There's been a fair bit of back and forth in this thread that has strayed far from the subject matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blu-EK   

stop ruining ur events + game and we wont have to whine about it and make drama in that particular weeks server maint thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blessing-SL said:

stop ruining ur events + game and we wont have to whine about it and make drama in that particular weeks server maint thread

You still need to follow forum rules regardless of what is going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×