Weekly Server Maintenance - June 26, 2019

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, June 26, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 1 hours and 30 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Steel Rake Fortress will continue for 2 more weeks.
  • Summer environment settings will be applied.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

d1c8wohsvd531.jpg nl3oinynti531.jpg w45tzf2n1c631.jpg

• Aion Team
Just now, Rapier-DN said:

"Summer environment settings will be applied".- could you please clarify what impact that has for the players?

It's just like the winter or Valentine's ones. No effect, just pretty!

2 minutes ago, cinderellaxmagic-DN said:

lool why do you guys want that event that sounds awful and impossible 

Read the bottom of the post that you quoted. There are players that are sitting on upwards of 3k gold ingots from when we all lost our ranks. It's not impossible.

@Maladro-KT Unfortunately, I think we got any changed to the gold sands trader that we are going to get. Maybe I am wrong, but the fact that we have been ignored on this (as in Cyan has never remarked on it), makes me think he has nothing to say.. i.e. we aren't getting the 1500 gold bar legendary transformations.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

Read the bottom of the post that you quoted. There are players that are sitting on upwards of 3k gold ingots from when we all lost our ranks. It's not impossible.

@Maladro-KT Unfortunately, I think we got any changed to the gold sands trader that we are going to get. Maybe I am wrong, but the fact that we have been ignored on this (as in Cyan has never remarked on it), makes me think he has nothing to say.. i.e. we aren't getting the 1500 gold bar legendary transformations.

I guess so but thinking it tho would you really want an event that just gold ingots shop buying only no offense but that sounds kind of boring on so many levels like that's when imagination just dies which is kind of sad right there wouldn't it be better for like a fun interactive kind of event  that will one day come again  with the legendary contracts haha im waiting for another fun event that drops it like that shugo treasure one few weeks ago ;p but I guess that's my idea for a fun event haha 

@Maladro-KTReally just because EU got it you want it here well I don't know if you know but there are tons of things we have gotten here that EU has not and will not get if you like EU so bad go play there nothing is stopping you. Each Aion publisher is different if you prefer one over the others go play their game

3 minutes ago, cinderellaxmagic-DN said:

I guess so but thinking it tho would you really want an event that just gold ingots shop buying only no offense but that sounds kind of boring on so many levels like that's when imagination just dies which is kind of sad right there wouldn't it be better for like a fun interactive kind of event  that will one day come again  with the legendary contracts haha im waiting for another fun event that drops it like that shugo treasure one few weeks ago ;p but I guess that's my idea for a fun event haha 

Alright. Let's be supper clear. Those prices weren't an "event". They were temporary changes to the gold sands trader in other regions that came in coordination with the resetting of gp. So it was the classic "carrot and stick" approach. They took away all the GP their players had earned (stick) and then gave their players those temp changes (carrot) to make people feel better about having something taken from them. Gave them something nice to buy? Get it now?

If you didn't have a lot of GP when the GP was reset, it doesn't effect you at all. Doesn't help you and doesn't hurt you. You wouldn't even notice that it was happening. It wouldn't effect actual events.

If you did have a lot of GP before that reset, you would now be sitting on thousands of pretty much useless gold bars and nothing to buy.

Does this make sense now?

I understand needing something to buy, but could it be something that doesn't grant advantage?

NCWest: : "We're resetting GP to level the playing field."

High GP Ranks: "But now my hands can't hold all these gold ingots, give us an advantage to buy."

Rest of players: "But didn't you reset GP to level the play field?"

11 minutes ago, Dwywei-KT said:

I understand needing something to buy, but could it be something that doesn't grant advantage?

High GP Ranks: "But now my hands can't hold all these gold ingots, give us an advantage to buy."

The GP reset was to level the playing field for rankings. Not for anything else. Though it's funny. Most of those people who had high ranks have high ranks again. Kinda blows the theory that ranks were all EB farming. Though that's beside the point.

Those who had ranks before earned that GP. They earned it by actually sieging. But also by doing other activities that were open to everyone (including EB-online). No one broke any rules getting that GP. Even if you don't agree with the way GP has been earned in the past, you have to agree that everyone could take advantage of all of those ways. In reseting the GP (and thus opening ranks up to those characters that aren't as old as others), the company took something earned away from those players. In return they gave them gold bars. It's hardly a fair trade if there is nothing to actually -buy- with those gold bars. Keep in mind that everyone month now our GP is reset and players are still be compensated with gold bars.

In other regions, the posted additions to the gold sands shop were made. Notice that the legendary contract, which is what everyone wants, has a limit on it. It's not like people could have unlimited legendary contracts. And this was hardly the only way to get legendary contracts. Anyone who has been actively playing Aion for the past several months has at least one legendary contract and most have several. (Ofc they might not be the one they wanted or even one that is good for their class.. damn RNG!) So having that contract in the gold sands in a limited buy amount and for a limited time is hardly giving anyone some gigantic advantage.

We haven't had that addition to the gold sands shop, even though players have been asking about it. Cyan has been totally silent, which usually means we aren't getting it.

So honestly the crying is over the top. Though go ahead and continue if it makes you feel better.

2 hours ago, Dwywei-KT said:

I can guarantee with proof that you're not going to get a logical, unbiased discussion from this statement

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 hours ago, Ereliya-KT said:

@Maladro-KTReally just because EU got it you want it here well I don't know if you know but there are tons of things we have gotten here that EU has not and will not get if you like EU so bad go play there nothing is stopping you. Each Aion publisher is different if you prefer one over the others go play their game

i play on NA since beta son, probably u are new player and dont know me and i dont care actually, the fact they reseting our GP i dont really care cause still u can be ranked with the current mechanics but they should compensate us better, like the limited edition goldsand shop like EU got,  me and most of veteran players we are stuck with 3k +  useless gold ingots that we cant buy something good and @Cyan stay silent on this

On 6/26/2019 at 4:13 AM, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, June 26, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 1 hours and 30 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Steel Rake Fortress will continue for 2 more weeks.
  • Summer environment settings will be applied.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

d1c8wohsvd531.jpg nl3oinynti531.jpg w45tzf2n1c631.jpg

Gameforge has announced that 7.0 will start on 10th of July , is it coming to us?

Archived