Some ideas about ranger

Neleth-KT

In BDO knife and bow is pretty much same weapon as bow you don't need to switch weapon to explain in Aion understanding it's like auto switch weapon but at instant rate.
The knife deals greater damage than bow because it's melee we should be able to combine a dagger and a bow as one weapon that auto change when distant or melee range.

In Pristontale there's a class called Atlanta that throwing javelin as weapon and using a shield as defense so is it possible in Aion that we will able to have crossbow with shield ? And add some exclusive skills to two hand bow and one hand crossbow like templar's sword/shield and greatsword ? I don't see this as a game breaking since there's another ranged class that using shield already such as cleric.

Well in this case I would like to request from the aion developing to give the sorc the ability to hide using a cloak because not only WoW had this ability but also Harry Potter had it as well. Or make mass sleep have like 100m range and sleep up to 1000 enemies, because in Charmed series, Piper could freeze everything and she was a witch. And also give the sorc invisibility since with magic you can practically do everything.

I am not being sarcastic, but maybe I am. The game could at least have some balance, everyone could request their class to be revamped and/or upgraded, but here is Aion that nothing matters and whatever class the developers decide to destroy, they will destroy and whatever class they decide to make overpowered, they will do it.

You have actual tanks that do more dps than glass classes, you have healers that can dps a lot etc. There are no roles, in every patch you have to choose the class they overpower and play it until next patch.

Yep it feels like sarcastic ._.

But I'm glad you replied to my thread and I can understand your point of view :)
But let me explain why I'm bringing this I do not want to make ranger OP or anything I just want to add feature that making class more fun more choices and at one point of time Aion did considered a crossbow for ranger but it turns into pistols instead chanter even have a whip like Castlevania series(I prefer whip over staff for chanter anyway and sorc/sm should use wand with shield/staff).Actually I want every class have a new weapon such as katars for sin,guitar for bard but the idea is kinda useless now since NCsoft simplify weapons to have same skill damage and weaving just die out with 6.0.I want weapons to have different skill damage make it a reason to choose weapon.

27 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Yep it feels like sarcastic ._.

But I'm glad you replied to my thread and I can understand your point of view :)
But let me explain why I'm bringing this I do not want to make ranger OP or anything I just want to add feature that making class more fun more choices and at one point of time Aion did considered a crossbow for ranger but it turns into pistols instead chanter even have a whip like Castlevania series(I prefer whip over staff for chanter anyway and sorc/sm should use wand with shield/staff).Actually I want every class have a new weapon such as katars for sin,guitar for bard but the idea is kinda useless now since NCsoft simplify weapons to have same skill damage and weaving just die out with 6.0.I want weapons to have different skill damage make it a reason to choose weapon.

I wouldn't mind a magic single hand weapon with a shield for sorcs. We had these in Lineage II. Or maybe a dual mystic weapon for mages. And I am only saying about mages because I play one.

If they ever bothered to remake Aion with more options it wouldn't be bad. but they decided to over-simpify the game, they probably wouldn't even bother bringing more item options.

I think they went wrong path and still doing it even after 4.5 they fully go to pvp focus.

I saw them focus things on pvp and I never saw Aion doing any better ? O.o It keep getting smaller and smaller even now they still focusing on pvp ? Even mighty Aion EU admitted they lost people during few couple years.
The only pvp they should do now is 24/7 battle royale then they should focus something new or even developing farming and housing.Improve character creation.

Seeing their lastest update about red katalam made me think they never do research why people like 4.0.I hope they will stop focusing pvp and do something revolutionary like 3.0 when they introduced housing.

Aion doesn't need to be modernize,Aion just need to be itself that everyone like.
Things like untradable almost everything and untradable kinah should never applied to Aion.

Gunner Two Handed weapon, Can use skills? ----------->  Yes

Ranger Two Handed weapon, Can use skills? ------------>  Yes

Gunner Single Handed weapons, Can use skills? -------> Yes

Ranger Single Handed weapons, Can use skills? --------> NO

i would say we deserve to Dual Wield Boomerangs !!

a8f3e2b3916b1f22bb1428c69049d048.jpg

I would say they need to make a new class, called "Mexican Mom" that she will wield dual flip-flops, they should also have a range of 100m.

S0r63aO.jpg

It should be the only footwear in Aion giving both speed for running when used as foot accessory, but also attack speed for the attack time. Accuracy should be +10.000, as it can never fail.

Great ideas!!! Maybe the first thong chucked could boomerang and distract (new stun chance = blind from looking at sun, perhaps) then on boomerang thong return to sender another chance to go again (found an extra thong washed up on the beach kinda thing and btw that's fair dinkum thongs were the #1 piece of beach litter in the Northern Territory of Australia from a recent study) otherwise cool down if not already chilled from a nearby esky/chilly bin; while the second airborne thong scores a hit (with chance of critical if stunned/blinded for example). Or for a completely different ranger two handed option just go a woomera (spear thrower) but maybe that would be more heading towards a new skirmisher type class or scout option (javelin/sling)...too complicated and regional i think? Anyways thanks for the thoughts :)

Archived