NC Coin

Markova-KT

Good first of all I would like to ask that please check the values of the shop, take into account the difference of the dollar of many countries, before putting such high values on the items or prestige, in my country, it is almost impossible to pay the dollars of nc that I require for a prestige.

This version of Aion is marketed toward North American players and their dollar values. They're not going to lower the amount of money they can milk out of their target playerbase by catering to a smaller, poorer country.

$12-$15 is pretty standard for subscriptions in NA games. 

I'd just like lower prices in general.

So everyone would manipulate their IP to show that they are in the country that has the lowest prices.

As Cake stated, this version of Aion is marketed in North America. The prices and currency will reflect that.

27 minutes ago, 17s4CFB3-KT said:

That's what very well, for what is called NA, but I think we should understand it as players from all over the world.

You ignored the first part of my comment. If they made things cheaper for your country, for example, everyone that plays Aion would then manipulate their IP to show that they are playing from your county and get the cheaper price. Do you see how that wouldn't work?

By what? Driver's license? Passport? Voter registration? Come on. What you want is not only not fair, but wouldn't work.

It isn't fair to say, "Because you live in the US, you can afford to pay $15/month for Prestige. If you live in XYZ country, you get a discount and get to pay $10/month". How do you know that the person in the US makes more than the person in XYZ country? You don't. 

If you want to play on these serves, you are subject to the same price for things that everyone is. That's fair and no one can manipulate the system.

Aly I think you're a bit extreme it's true that people can cheat out geographic location to anywhere in the world.I did it with a ping reducer and can fool a website.

But some systems like Stream is price by location I don't know what method they used it's just they showing it's possible to apply region price system.
Maybe just maybe by paying in currency in that country or maybe use Paypal.I don't know if Stream made it work that means there's a way.

Maybe identify with a credit card from that bank country you can fool location but you can't fool your credit card.Just one of ideas I can think o_o

If someone made enough afford to make a credit card from that country let them they try hard enough xD

Just in case you wondered how hard to get a credit card in a country

-You have to be a citizen in that country
-You have to got a job
-You need to have enogh and stable salary
-You need to have estate properties

And what if someone doesn't have paypal or they don't have a credit card.

And again.. you aren't addressing how this is -fair-. If someone's country's economy is depressed, it doesn't mean that your personal economic status is lower. Just because your company's economy is higher, it doesn't mean that you personally are in a good economic position to pay more for something. This isn't communistic system where you walk into a store and pay what you can afford. The price is x. If you want the item and you can afford x, then you buy it. If you can't afford that amount, then you just don't freaking buy it. You don't go to the merchant and tell them to be -fair- to you, they have to take less for their product or service.

Seriously. People need to join the REAL WORLD.

I just showing it's possible.If you don't got a credit card unlucky you sorry :o

Personally nothing 100% fair but I can see this as more income for NCsoft people in poor country that don't buy in normal price they will buy if price fits for them.
Same principle when people buy games from stream when it's discount :P Does it fair to people who buy first ? No but the company sells more xD

35 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Personally nothing 100% fair but I can see this as more income for NCsoft people in poor country that don't buy in normal price they will buy if price fits for them.

Because a por country's priority Is use their income in videogames right?

I live in Australia and now our dollar has lost so much compared to the American dollar that it starts to be too expensive for me to buy NC coins, I used to buy 4,000 coins very often but lately, I need to be careful because they will cost me almost the double at the change from the USA dollar to the AU dollar. :) But it's fine there is not much for me to buy at this moment that I like or need.

10 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

By what? Driver's license? Passport? Voter registration? Come on. What you want is not only not fair, but wouldn't work.

It isn't fair to say, "Because you live in the US, you can afford to pay $15/month for Prestige. If you live in XYZ country, you get a discount and get to pay $10/month". How do you know that the person in the US makes more than the person in XYZ country? You don't. 

If you want to play on these serves, you are subject to the same price for things that everyone is. That's fair and no one can manipulate the system.

and you have no way at all in knowing what would or wouldn't work.

Nor  are you correct it stating that it isn't fair to ask a  different price  based upon your country - or maybe you have never paid for a prescription medication recently?  In which case an example doesn't come so easily to mind.

Given that the game  was and I would argue still is targeted to the NA market- well NA in theory has three currencies. NA  can decide to market the game however it wants in order to maximize its profits- if that means setting the game to different currencies then I would have no problem with that.

10 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

And what if someone doesn't have paypal or they don't have a credit card.

And again.. you aren't addressing how this is -fair-. If someone's country's economy is depressed, it doesn't mean that your personal economic status is lower. Just because your company's economy is higher, it doesn't mean that you personally are in a good economic position to pay more for something. This isn't communistic system where you walk into a store and pay what you can afford. The price is x. If you want the item and you can afford x, then you buy it. If you can't afford that amount, then you just don't freaking buy it. You don't go to the merchant and tell them to be -fair- to you, they have to take less for their product or service.

Seriously. People need to join the REAL WORLD.

Again it comes down to marketing, not social experiments. If NC wants to support only PayPal and credit cards I think that's quite fair.Just as setting  the price to a user's local currency as described above is also fair. Doesn't bother me at all if a user from Mexico would pay less than someone from the US in that scenario. 

In the real world, marketing sets prices in order to get the best return on their investment. It has nothing to do with "communism", there's no need to get paranoid.

As a consumer I would like this (15$ here gets more than 15$ in the states for the things that I like), but from the developer's point of view it means putting extra effort to cater to a market that has less to offer. So given NCWest's track record for that sort of thing, it's unlikely they'd accomodate.

In my country a basic daily salary is 20~25 euros (per 8 hour shift) which is like 22~28$... some people get more obviously, like 30 euros per day so that would be clsoe to 35$ per day It is not a decent salary but you have to live with it. Hence why I am a 100% free to play player. So a monthly salary of 5 days per week should be roughly like 600$ (rounded and averaged)

But this is NA servers where people in USA are regarded poor if they don't make at least 3000$ per month. So paying 1$ for an extra 80-luna entry on their game is not regarded expensive.

Archived