aion 7.0 release in N/A

Asante-KT

Can we get some kind of a estimated release date on 7.0? There are many things to consider such as if we need to try to upgrade equipment now to +15 or just save our stones and upgrade in 7.0

Also to a lesser degree should we try to craft pve gear or just wait till 7.0 to get the better gear? I do understand we need some gear to do the higher instances but any kind of eta would help make some of these decisions. Such as doing pandora quest etc. If an eta isn't met that's okay because it's an Estimated Time of Arrival. But some kind of estimate would be very helpful in deciding what to upgrade or not.  Also NCSOON is not an eta. Thx.

Idk exactly if you get +0 t2 ult with +0 t1 ult but if so reach for that. Crafting ult masterwork pve gear is based on your rng so unless you have a lot of money to spend id wouldn’t recommend it. Legendary pandora questline takes a day or two depending on your tenacity and getting full ult pandora + weapon takes 5 weeks total so up to you. Honestly i would just play rn and I wouldn’t really think of it as wasting time if you really do love the game. As for me im an addict and i cant pull myself away from the game even if i dont have the best gear and get demolished by asmos

EU hasn't gotten 7.0 yet and they usually will get it before us. Korea just got it not too long ago. Usually we are somewhere between 3 months to 5 months behind EU. Look for the EU announcement (I think they have this. I played my EU acct. just last week and didn't hear anything so the announcement may or may not have happened for EU). Anyways, we're usually a few months behind their announcement for ours. And we  are 6 months behind Korea getting theirs which, they got their 7.0 sometime early last month I think. That's when I first played 7.0 on my Kora acct. anyways. Please note this is just for estimates

Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, Chibi-DN said:

Idk exactly if you get +0 t2 ult with +0 t1 ult but if so reach for that. Crafting ult masterwork pve gear is based on your rng so unless you have a lot of money to spend id wouldn’t recommend it. Legendary pandora questline takes a day or two depending on your tenacity and getting full ult pandora + weapon takes 5 weeks total so up to you. Honestly i would just play rn and I wouldn’t really think of it as wasting time if you really do love the game. As for me im an addict and i cant pull myself away from the game even if i dont have the best gear and get demolished by asmos

Lol, I'm one of those Asmos. Great post tho. I agree with you and your suggestion/s (the Asmo counterparts, lol) are what I'm doing as I wait. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Asante-KT said:

Can we get some kind of a estimated release date on 7.0? There are many things to consider such as if we need to try to upgrade equipment now to +15 or just save our stones and upgrade in 7.0

Also to a lesser degree should we try to craft pve gear or just wait till 7.0 to get the better gear? I do understand we need some gear to do the higher instances but any kind of eta would help make some of these decisions. Such as doing pandora quest etc. If an eta isn't met that's okay because it's an Estimated Time of Arrival. But some kind of estimate would be very helpful in deciding what to upgrade or not.  Also NCSOON is not an eta. Thx.

PvP equipment needs to be +15 to be upgraded to T2. Ancient, Legendary or Ultimate, it doesn't matter.

I'd say the ETA is around 3-4 months based on older patches.

Never waste kinah on crafting PVE equipment. Waste of kinah.

19 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

EU hasn't gotten 7.0 yet and they usually will get it before us. Korea just got it not too long ago. Usually we are somewhere between 3 months to 5 months behind EU. Look for the EU announcement (I think they have this. I played my EU acct. just last week and didn't hear anything so the announcement may or may not have happened for EU). Anyways, we're usually a few months behind their announcement for ours. And we  are 6 months behind Korea getting theirs which, they got their 7.0 sometime early last month I think. That's when I first played 7.0 on my Kora acct. anyways. Please note this is just for estimates

Hope this helps.

Lol, I'm one of those Asmos. Great post tho. I agree with you and your suggestion/s (the Asmo counterparts, lol) are what I'm doing as I wait. Thanks.

7.0 was released in KR on november 28th, 2018. We are usually 9 months to 1 year behind KR depending on patch size.

KR has gotten 7.2 last month, which brings back Katalam as an instanced PvP map.

Just now, KonkersGG-EK said:

PvP equipment needs to be +15 to be upgraded to T2. Ancient, Legendary or Ultimate, it doesn't matter.

I'd say the ETA is around 3-4 months based on older patches.

Never waste kinah on PVE equipment.

7.0 was released in KR on november 28th, 2018. We are usually 9 months to 1 year behind KR depending on patch size.

KR has gotten 7.2 last month, which brings back Katalam as an instanced PvP map.

Thanks for clearing this up. Must have been the 7.2 release I played last month.

23 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Hope this helps.

With the exception of one patch, we usually get the patches a couple/few weeks before GF, and the one time GF did get it before us, they didn't release the full patch. EU usually releases "announcements" much sooner than we do (at least in the form of a broad ETA, whereas NA tends to wait until the last minute to announce anything at all). Did you mean, like, TW, Japan, or RU?

BnS just got their huge patch, so I like to believe 7.0 will be Soon(tm).

15 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

I hope they NCsoon us long time on this patch cause... Nyerk Painters.

Why?, 7.0 will be adding a much needed infusion of LIFE back into this game. As is stated above I've played it on my Korea acct. and to me, The new (well, revamped I should say for us old timers, lol) map and, there when I was flying, actually using my best skill, to go to fight it almost felt like older Aion, the game I fell in love with so, I'm really excited about it.

3 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Painters are strong, but not that OP. They can be countered.

Unfortunately unless we get more character slots I'll never know. I have way too much time and $$ invested in my current characters to delete one of them. I have 7 Asmodians and 1 lonely Elyos spiritmaster so, at the current availability all my slots are full. So unless I decide to create one in either my EU or Korea accts, I'll never know.

11 minutes ago, 2s105714-DN said:

7.0 in 2 weeks in Europe. NA not much further behind imo.

Most likely wrong.

The reason for EU's speed with the update is that they just dropped 3 languages from their localisations. Usually NA and EU waited around the same time until an update was released. HECK, EU even caught up with NA on 6.2 yet with 6 languages in total vs 1 language in NA. They dropped the localisation of those 3 languages (ITA,PL and SPA) for various reasons which were adressed in their last Daeva's Tavern. This sped up the process by perhaps 2-3 months of further testing. With that being said and mentioned you gotta reconsider your statement. Additionally EU has collected a BUNNNCHHH of voltunary QA Testers that love the game with passion and want to contribute to the development and it's Update speed. EU is now very fast. I think if anything, NA might start to RUSH and bring you an incomplete or bugged 7.0 within a month from now. So maybe 2 weeks after EU if anything. EU however is quite far from what I know. You will have at day one the Siege, Altars, instances and more.

The reason for EU's speed is that they care about their player base. NCWest is a dogsht company that can't get their sht together. Imagine being asked to bring back the instance boost pack since start of 6.2...THEY OKED IT...and nothing yet. And please don't even talk about bugs. I can't remember 1 patch that wasn't bugged. Expect 7.0 July 24th or around that time. 

6 hours ago, 17s70E2-KT said:

Most likely wrong.

The reason for EU's speed with the update is that they just dropped 3 languages from their localisations. Usually NA and EU waited around the same time until an update was released. HECK, EU even caught up with NA on 6.2 yet with 6 languages in total vs 1 language in NA. They dropped the localisation of those 3 languages (ITA,PL and SPA) for various reasons which were adressed in their last Daeva's Tavern. This sped up the process by perhaps 2-3 months of further testing. With that being said and mentioned you gotta reconsider your statement. Additionally EU has collected a BUNNNCHHH of voltunary QA Testers that love the game with passion and want to contribute to the development and it's Update speed. EU is now very fast. I think if anything, NA might start to RUSH and bring you an incomplete or bugged 7.0 within a month from now. So maybe 2 weeks after EU if anything. EU however is quite far from what I know. You will have at day one the Siege, Altars, instances and more.

I don't know if you play on EU or not but it was explained to us that more languages don't slow down the process of getting an update. The localization is first done from Korean to German, as explained to us in the past on forums. Then they further translate from German to all other languages, simultaneously and not one after another, so it has zero impact if the additional languages are 2 or 5.

Removing these extra languages was all about cutting costs. It was explained to us in one of the askaion videos that localization, which meant translation, voices, testers and what not, cost a lot. We had merges of all kind of servers and we no longer have those mentioned languages as servers anymore. We have two international servers, one French and one German. Aion is getting smaller each year. It doesn't grow. It makes sense that their team is also cutting costs and downsizing. Whatever explanation they gave us in the latest video, contradicts whatever was said in the past. 

We do have volunteer testers but so far our events and last 6.5 update still had plenty of bugs you could see withing 5 minutes of playing the game.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:30 AM, Cheesecake-DN said:

With the exception of one patch, we usually get the patches a couple/few weeks before GF, and the one time GF did get it before us, they didn't release the full patch. EU usually releases "announcements" much sooner than we do (at least in the form of a broad ETA, whereas NA tends to wait until the last minute to announce anything at all). Did you mean, like, TW, Japan, or RU?

BnS just got their huge patch, so I like to believe 7.0 will be Soon(tm).

By the way, I counted more than one patch :P

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Update_History

5.1, 5.3, 6.2 from what I see at first glance. Others seems very close, one or two weeks difference as you mentioned. I think it's a great progress from the beginning of Aion EU, when the difference was in lots of months. 

I know that NA is dropping the news in the last moment but if NA want to release it before EU, it has to do it next week.

14 minutes ago, 2s105714-DN said:

By the way, I counted more than one patch :P

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Update_History

5.1, 5.3, 6.2 from what I see at first glance. Others seems very close, one or two weeks difference as you mentioned. I think it's a great progress from the beginning of Aion EU, when the difference was in lots of months. 

I know that NA is dropping the news in the last moment but if NA want to release it before EU, it has to do it next week.

Yeah, I forgot about 6.2, lol. Legionmate reminded me today. xD I just try to not think about the 6.X patches, especially with how they've gone here in NA. :P

I don't recall 5.1 being one, but maybe it was! I think 5.3 was the one that got released in two parts for EU?

Thank you for identifying which ones EU got first! No sarcasm! <3

But, yeah, EU's come along really far from the mess they were for years, and I'm happy for them. :)

I'm more worried now that our patch will nerf at something as usual :/

I know our GST won't be update anymore since we just recently updated. (Goodbye skins)
From history of Aion NA,they never announced any patch 1 week before releasing next week.(Usually a month)

I just wish we have EU skins because our selections are very bad.
This is the mark as first time in history that EU actually beaten NA.
I hope NA will learn something from EU.

• 2 weeks later...

Aion eu said a release date for 07/10 then backed off of it. It wasn't the end of the world. People understand sometimes expectations cant be met. Then they released a new update. Aion N/A doesn't give any updates except a big F/U. Aion EU is kicking N/A ass bad. How bad is the ping in EU from the states? Because this shitbag bunch in N/A act like updates are giving away the Colonel's secret recipe for chicken. Do updates cost N/A in dollars? How about a damn estimated ETA?       REEAAALLLYYY!

1 hour ago, Asante-KT said:

How bad is the ping in EU from the states?

roughly 150 without ping reducer

Idk if it's still the case, but a few years ago sometimes they would ban you without a heads-up because you're not supposed to be on EU servers if your IP address locates you in NA. :3

Archived