Why there will be always voices calling for classic server

Neleth-KT

Back in mid 2017 before launch of 6.0 6 months there was an event in Korea called Solution Server I'm not sure how exactly this event worked but it's some kind of classic server with max level 50 and closed and delete all data after event was overed and all rewards transferred to main server.I can say the feedback of this event was not successful because back then KR server still having 5.8 they still have scrolls 8 maps that ain't got deleted yet until 6.0 what people was missing in that time was they had in 3.0 and 4.0 patches Katalam,Danaria,Sarpan,Tiamarantra ofc they didn't miss just maps they miss what those maps offered them such as AM/EF,group raksang,Kahrun weekly and daily and from 4.0 such as BM Camps but what Solution Server offered them was the patch before 3.0 which those contents still have in 5.x so nobody interested.NCsoft concluded classic server failed and that's following by closed of master server in next 6 months.

Back to present Laklum designed with Katalam designed in their mind they even suggested Laklum is partial based on Katalam ofc the idea is failed and it supposedly to fail because what people miss is not a map or design of it but it's what map has to offer them,Katalam was vast and big map that you can run to anywhere if your enemy camping that spot but in Laklum chance to runaway and do other camps is not the map is too small and easily for camping.People did not want Katalam map back,they want everything like the same not just map.It doesn't matter if we having many empty maps people may not use it but they glad that they have it it's like a big house with a lot of space you may not using those space but you glad to have it.Right now what we feel is like living in Hong Kong's studio we have what we needed but it's narrow can't breath no room for running.

Until NCsoft decided to give everything that they deleted back to players exactly like they had,there will be always voices calling for classic server.
Thank you for reading.

I am not sure why this is so hard to understand. We can't have a classic server or a fresh start server or a whatever-you-want-to-call-it server because we DON'T HAVE THE POPULATION.

DNest is right in that everyone misses the way things "used to be" and Cake is equally right in saying that everyone's idea of the Glory Days of Aion is totally different. I miss 1.9 and am probably one of the only people that will point to that patch as what Aion should be.

What people like you, @Neleth-KT, need to try and wrap your head around is that things change and that something left stagnant will become repetitive and boring. You may not have liked the direction that the Korean Devs took this game, but it is their game and their vision. We can complain. We can suggest. But we need to keep in mind that change is going to happen because without it, the game would have died years ago.

As for demanding we be given back what they took away. What a horrible idea! We don't have the population to fill 6 end game maps any more.. if we ever did. In order for PvP to work in Aion, everyone needs to be concentrated down onto one end-game map. That map needs to be populated during peek hours.. if not 24/7.. so that open world can happen. That may not be your cup of tea. You might really just want a game where you can go to solitary places and explore, but that just isn't Aion. I would suggest something single player and sand-boxie if that's your thing or something like GW2 where open world has no PvP and the world is vast and exploreable. 

Do you misunderstood something ? Nobody requested for a classic server in this thread at all.

I just explain why there will be always voice calling for classic server.I'm either support classic server in this thread.
I did research about KAION and found out the reason NC gave up idea about classic server was dated back in 2017.

You can't stop what people want,NC misunderstood that people just want the maps back but in reality they want experience that they had in old patch back.
Your voice ain't louder than other people you're the one that fighting the impossible.You try to silence other people voices but I try to understand them why.

What you need to accept @Aly-DN is there're people who think differently than you,and let them have space even all they can did is just complain and probably not going to change anything but at least they can share their feelings what they want on forum which suppose to open to everyone.

52 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

What you need to accept @Aly-DN is there're people who think differently than you,and let them have space even all they can did is just complain and probably not going to change anything but at least they can share their feelings what they want on forum which suppose to open to everyone.

An open forum means you can be disagreed with, strongly or not. It's not a safe space nor a place protected by constitutional free speech. You can come here and post, and so can Aly. And, within the bounds of the rules, you can even be ridiculed for your opinion and posts. God knows it's happened to me enough.

The classic server has been beaten to death. The "discussion" of it has been beaten to death. It's the exact same posts ad nauseam. Trying to cover up the monotony with a bow of "why" it is is adorable. It's the same thread. You just made the same thread that you and others have before.

It is not happening. You know where to go if you want one.

Even if we had enough population to have a classic server with time it would be destined to failure, and simply for a reason, people always want to have new content, I just put this example, as soon as the EU published the date they will release the 7.0 the people in NA started asking what date we would have it.

We can also search in google for private servers with different versions of Aion, and choose the version that we liked the most and with the largest number of players that say they have, and in which I have come to enter, I have found a population much smaller than this one.

I know very well that if we had always stayed in 4.0 (the version that I liked the most) a long time ago I would have left Aion because in the end I would have ended up bored for not having new contend.

As much, I miss the good old days, I agree that we dont have enough people for a classic server. Best thing for game would be for now to release 7.0 as soon as possible since EU just announced it. I think you know this but Aion has  a problem where players get bored of a patch very fast, so they need to release new content.

I'm sure you can find a private server if you wish to visit a older version of this game.

I dont know if this is  just wishful thinking or you just in denial. NCsoft wont do it so all you can do is to accept it or move on....

17 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

We. Don't. Have. The. Population.

Agreed, and I feel as you do about many things except 4x was my favorite Aion era. However as you and others have said, Things have changed and while we can suggest, we have to move on and hope for future additions to make Aion great again. The 7.0 patch is a good start for I felt like I did pre 6x when I played thru it on my Korea account so, move on ppl!

And as for the Classic server argument? Lemie try this Aly: "W-E  D-O-N-T  H-A-V-E  T-H-E  P-O-P-U-L-A-T-I-O-N ! ! !"  Well, I tried anyways, lol.

Hopefully as more things and content is added to Aion ppl will come back. But for now we loyalists (lol) just have to be patient and deal with things as they are while we await things to change for the better.

Btw I really like the vision we don't have enough population that vision will getting you smaller and smaller and close in the end.

Instead trying to find a way to getting new players some people just lock themselves in the box and think every way out has a problem.
I don't mind we getting close because I don't think NCwest CEO has a vision as well I think Aion deserved to be in a better company handle.

There was once a runner, named Aion. The runner got into a terrible accident with a combine harvester operated by someone who maybe shouldn't have been driving a combine harvester, and lost a leg. Everyone agreed that things were much better when Aion had both legs, because with just one leg to stand on it could hardly manage, never mind win any races. And then a brave soul named Neleth exclaimed: "Everybody, I found the leg in the field, let's reattach it!" And everyone said, "No, Neleth, let's not."  And then Neleth said: "But it was much better with two legs, so let's just reattach it!" And then... well that's where we are now. :|

48 minutes ago, Rakesh-DN said:

There was once a runner, named Aion. The runner got into a terrible accident with a combine harvester operated by someone who maybe shouldn't have been driving a combine harvester, and lost a leg. Everyone agreed that things were much better when Aion had both legs, because with just one leg to stand on it could hardly manage, never mind win any races. And then a brave soul named Neleth exclaimed: "Everybody, I found the leg in the field, let's reattach it!" And everyone said, "No, Neleth, let's not."  And then Neleth said: "But it was much better with two legs, so let's just reattach it!" And then... well that's where we are now. :|

Especially since the leg would be a rotted husk by now, and all the runner's fans have moved on to cheer for other runners and won't come back to cheer for the runner with a rotted, bone leg, and there aren't enough of the runner's fans left to support buying a fancy prosthetic for running. >_>

Archived