Need a guide for aion 2019 / class recomendation

Norlagnus-KT

I want to start a new character covering all quests in the game (except the ones that can be done multiple times), i would like a list of all quests if possible.

I was thinking about creating a Chanter, since i like healing and also like punching things.. How is chanter in the pvm utility / pvp ranking atm?

Also, how can i transfer money from my characters to my new one?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 1s1FF6B5-KT said:

I want to start a new character covering all quests in the game (except the ones that can be done multiple times), i would like a list of all quests if possible.

No can't do!

9 minutes ago, 1s1FF6B5-KT said:

I was thinking about creating a Chanter, since i like healing and also like punching things.. How is chanter in the pvm utility / pvp ranking atm?

Chanter got a lil bit nerfed, but it's still very very strong and needed when geared (pretty much all classes but templars I'd say!). They are not really healers, as some of their heals got nerfed and the aoe heal is very limited.

12 minutes ago, 1s1FF6B5-KT said:

By using the broker. Unless you want to use hacks, that's the only way.

Tbh playing what you’ve been playing is the best route. Every character has their pros and cons but according to koreans here’s a list.

PVP 1v1 (7.0+ By order)

Physical - Temp/Sin/Painter/Glad/Chanter

Magic -

Cleric/SM/SW/Gunner/Sorc/Robot

PVP Group

Physical -

Painter/Temp/Chanter/Glad/Sin

Magic - 

As a recently returned player who is clueless about current gearing issues with my class(cleric) it would be cool to have a profile system like they do in Everquest (Magelo) where you can see how the best of the best gear themselves. 

In 7.0 theres a item guidance system where it shows you the upgrade paths and whats required for each class etc. i wish we had a character look up page like korea where we can see who’s wearing what but unfortunately we don’t :/ but then again they take any game really seriously and those functions are always a must!

7 hours ago, Chibi-DN said:

Tbh playing what you’ve been playing is the best route. Every character has their pros and cons but according to koreans here’s a list.

PVP 1v1 (7.0+ By order)

Magic -

PVP Group

Physical -

Magic - 

Wait, chanter is the worst physical class? I thought they could beat the others thanks to his healings.. What happened?

17 hours ago, Chibi-DN said:

PVP 1v1 (7.0+ By order)

Magic -

PVP Group

Physical -

Magic - 

So templar went from rubbish to top again? Maybe a +15 T2 templar... lol.

20 hours ago, Chibi-DN said:

PVP 1v1 (7.0+ By order)

PVP Group

Physical -

Where is Ranger on the list? QQ

On 7/3/2019 at 0:31 PM, 1s1FF6B5-KT said:

Chanter is pretty good, has been for awhile and it's a class that people usually want in their groups. It has support skills, group shields, group buffs, but also its share of offensive capabilities. You can't go wrong with Chanter, but not the best offense or defense.

3 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

So templar went from rubbish to top again? Maybe a +15 T2 templar... lol.

This was based on a popular korean streamer. Also based on max gear, settings, control etc. 

2 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Yeah lol. I don't believe in that list.

Idk about you but i like to watch every informative video that comes out on youtube /afreeca. Everyone’s opinion is different ofc and it’s your choice to believe in that list or not. Just giving my insight on the question op asked. 

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

@Chibi-DN  what about Ranger why they are not on the list xD

Ranger is strong no doubt, but with their one digit pings in korea they get smashed pretty hard considering they're really squishy if caught.. :( Everyone's playstyle is different so we can't 100% compare ourselves with Korea ya know? But Templars are #1 right now with that 3 second reflect skill with their already massive defensive,hp, and offensive capabilities. Keep in mind like i said that list is based on same skill, item, and control set! What we can do in NA vs KR is a lot different so just take it as you will. There will always be someone out there who can outplay you somehow regardless how op a certain class is.. KR implements changes pretty quick because they listen to their community and put them highly in regards compared to us over here so there is a lot of skill balances as such. Everyone says play what you enjoy and that's the only real good advice one can give because even if you play a really op class and you don't enjoy it what's the point? I played chanter when it had its op heals and damage but the playstyle just wasn't for me. Don't follow the herd like a sheep and just stick to what you love best and continue that route!

On 7/3/2019 at 3:05 PM, Chibi-DN said:

PVP 1v1 (7.0+ By order)

Magic -

PVP Group

Physical -

Magic - 

Like you said this is an opinion and an odd one at that. I was so confused seeing this because I keep up with the patches and watch pvp videos. I watched the korean sm named Chovegeta today and his list I 100% agree with. Cleric isn't better than any of those in the current patch since in 7.0 their heals and dps got gutted a bit again. Heals were lessened and removed from some things and some of their dots got the damage removed and are just debuffs aka they aren't blowing you up and healing back to full in 2 skills. Some videos I have seen they don't even bother to use sacrificial power for dps because the negative heal boost is way too harsh. You can go on youtube and check for his stream today. His list is Gunner is the current number 1 class in 7.2. I agree with that because they got buffed in 7.2. The skill that the icon is a red bullet does and extra 2.5k damage per hit for a few seconds and is on a low cd. Enough to make temps run away when they use it. At least the videos I have seen. His other top classes are sm, sw, Painter and temp. He also says sm now beats cleric which I also agree with since in 7.0 they now have another undispellable skill which means a cleric will now 100% be silence buried fear etc. Also some of their damage got buffed. Sw also got a buff and he said temps beat Painter. He said ranger is good but better in 6 vs 6. I didn't ask him about anything else.

1 hour ago, Briearios-DN said:

Like you said this is an opinion and an odd one at that. I was so confused seeing this because I keep up with the patches and watch pvp videos. I watched the korean sm named Chovegeta today and his list I 100% agree with. Cleric isn't better than any of those in the current patch since in 7.0 their heals and dps got gutted a bit again. Heals were lessened and removed from some things and some of their dots got the damage removed and are just debuffs aka they aren't blowing you up and healing back to full in 2 skills. Some videos I have seen they don't even bother to use sacrificial power for dps because the negative heal boost is way too harsh. You can go on youtube and check for his stream today. His list is Gunner is the current number 1 class in 7.2. I agree with that because they got buffed in 7.2. The skill that the icon is a red bullet does and extra 2.5k damage per hit for a few seconds and is on a low cd. Enough to make temps run away when they use it. At least the videos I have seen. His other top classes are sm, sw, Painter and temp. He also says sm now beats cleric which I also agree with since in 7.0 they now have another undispellable skill which means a cleric will now 100% be silence buried fear etc. Also some of their damage got buffed. Sw also got a buff and he said temps beat Painter. He said ranger is good but better in 6 vs 6. I didn't ask him about anything else.

Yea i mean like i said kr implements changes more often than we do but in the end its better to stick with what you like and fits your playstyle, op or not. Gunner is indeed op but just really takes a lot of time and money to make it to the top

3 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

Chovegetas templar has over 18k physical attack, its pure madness.

Thing is Templars still have a lot of long CDs. Sure in a short fight they win, but I meant in a dungeon or a continuous fight. Idk. I think every class should have low CDs (45s tops). Of course they would have to balance skills to match the lower CD.

I'm pretty sure that a maxed Templar can beat any maxed class even now in 6.5, but they have to wait 7-15 mins to do it again lol.

I'm no expert, especially at PVP. However IMHO how you gear your character should be based on their class and more importantly, your playstyle. Everyone is different a little in regard to playstyle so you should gear your character/s according to your strong points and weak points. It seems to work for me and has for 10+ years now.

As for the new Painter class: I haven't played it yet even though 7x is available on my Korea account. I'm kind of waiting for NA's release of 7.0 to see if we get the extra character slots we were promised with 6x we never got as NA is my main play account. My Korea and EU accounts were created just to experience new things/patches so I have an idea of whats to come for NA. So I can't at this time justify the expense both in time and real $$ for the creation of any more characters on either other than the two that currently exist on each.

Chanters are cool. I love the way you can just use your staff or mace to beat the opposition sensless. They're a real stress reliever.

My personal favorite in the 'Up close and personal' classes tho are Assassins. There's just something about a pair of daggers or dual broadswords running the 'slice and dice' angle that really appeals to me. Gladiators run a close second a long with the Chanter in this regard. And Chanters come with the added ability to 'heal the masses,' as it were so if you are a good healer Chanter might actually be the best class for you. If you like range the Chanters alter ego, the Cleric, which I also play by the way comes with many of the same healing attributes along with the ability to take out the opposition from a distance.

So, again we're back to playstyle which only you know best. I wish you the best of luck and most fun whichever class you decide to go with.

On 04/07/2019 at 2:53 PM, Chibi-DN said:

This was based on a popular korean streamer. Also based on max gear, settings, control etc. 

Just to be sure, was this an opinion from Better? The KR streamer that is 95% of the time streaming GLADIATOR? The reason I asked this is because he said one time that he thinks Templar is better when I asked in his stream. Why the hell is he streaming Gladiator all the time instead? Lol! On top of that, he is fully fully fully geared.

As I said before, a Templar with full CDs and maxed out might be a solid choice for 100-0 win, but this is not the case in Aion, almost never. Aion is only about 1v1s in Arena or pre-arranged fights, which don't represent not even 5% of the game.

Archived