Need a guide for aion 2019 / class recomendation

Norlagnus-KT

5 minutes ago, RegretThis-EK said:

Korean aion streamers have access to a bunch of accounts. I’ve seen him on a Templar and gunner. He might just have a soft spot for gladiator despite its deficiencies 

Yeah, most of the time, Better and other streamers are playing accounts of their followers, not their own. Sungmin plays the same toon better did many times, and that gunner that sijeon and rsrjrns play are the same toon. Grb when he played aion played accounts of followers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, RegretThis-EK said:

Korean aion streamers have access to a bunch of accounts. I’ve seen him on a Templar and gunner. He might just have a soft spot for gladiator despite its deficiencies 

Every class has it's deficiencies.

16 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Yeah, most of the time, Better and other streamers are playing accounts of their followers, not their own. Sungmin plays the same toon better did many times, and that gunner that sijeon and rsrjrns play are the same toon. Grb when he played aion played accounts of followers.

Well, I can't say for sure, but he advertises #Templar and #Gladiator on his official channel on Afreeca. I assumed he owns both. I honestly think that if you consider the entire game, not only 1v1s, Gladiator's are on the best spot atm.

3 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Well, I can't say for sure, but he advertises #Templar and #Gladiator on his official channel on Afreeca. I assumed he owns both. I honestly think that if you consider the entire game, not only 1v1s, Gladiator's are on the best spot atm.

Well, he has a templar called "Better", I assume that is his only templar, but many times he is playing a templar that is not that one. So we can safely say its not his toon.

12 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Sure but glad’s deficiencies make it so that they are near the bottom of the ladder in Korea. And no, sins, gunners, and ATs are infinitely better right now.

5 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Just to be sure, was this an opinion from Better? The KR streamer that is 95% of the time streaming GLADIATOR? The reason I asked this is because he said one time that he thinks Templar is better when I asked in his stream. Why the hell is he streaming Gladiator all the time instead? Lol! On top of that, he is fully fully fully geared.

As I said before, a Templar with full CDs and maxed out might be a solid choice for 100-0 win, but this is not the case in Aion, almost never. Aion is only about 1v1s in Arena or pre-arranged fights, which don't represent not even 5% of the game.

no it wasn't him it was chovegeta! honestly at this point it's just getting repetitive telling people to play what they enjoy most. There was a time when they called it Gladion cuz glads are too op lolol 

16 hours ago, RegretThis-EK said:

Sure but glad’s deficiencies make it so that they are near the bottom of the ladder in Korea. And no, sins, gunners, and ATs are infinitely better right now.

That's kinda funny, because all I see are Gladiators pretty much destroying other people... :S Sure Sins, Gunners and ATs are also strong. So is Painter and SW and Cleric. I meant it overall, for Aion's type of combat. Low CDs, good defense (parry, hp leech, self-heal), OP offense (pull, jumps, ranged attacks, AOEs, sure strike) and due to the good defense, they are almost never focused.

12 hours ago, Chibi-DN said:

no it wasn't him it was chovegeta! honestly at this point it's just getting repetitive telling people to play what they enjoy most. There was a time when they called it Gladion cuz glads are too op lolol 

If I'm not mistaken Chovegeta also doesn't main a Templar, but a Gladiator instead.

Do you know what's even funnier? All Gladiators that I have come across - except myself lol, but I'm not really geared and I'm putting my Gladiator to rest and I'll reroll Painter - say that Gladiator is not OP, but ask anyone else to see what the answer will be. I wonder why. I mean... the denial man.

All in all, I don't mind Gladiators being OP. I could chose to keep playing and gearing mine too, but I think that Painter will be much more fun to play. What botters me is people that play the class always deny it's OP. I'll say again: Sure Gladiators can be countered as any other class they have their weaknesses, I meant it overall and considering Aion's fast paced combat, they are OP for a number of reasons, some of which I have pointed out.

I’m sure your perception is based off watching geared Korean gladiators fight in open world where they are more likely than not fighting people they far outgear. Also those gladiators have non-nerfed transformations and don’t have to stack a bunch of crit and are running around with 18-19k attack. But in general our burst is pretty rubbish in group pvp compared to other classes such as say, a gunner, sin, AT. Even a ranger’s agonizing arrow gives them some value in group pvp despite being focused. Most classes offer some utility or higher spike than a gladiator. 1v1 I guess we are fine. I wouldn’t say we are OP but we have as much of a shot to kill anything that isn’t chain so long as we can survive and have an extendable which not even 1% of NA has

5 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

All in all, I don't mind Gladiators being OP. I could chose to keep playing and gearing mine too, but I think that Painter will be much more fun to play. What botters me is people that play the class always deny it's OP. I'll say again: Sure Gladiators can be countered as any other class they have their weaknesses, I meant it overall and considering Aion's fast paced combat, they are OP for a number of reasons, some of which I have pointed out.

Agreed. I have a lot of fun with my Gladiator especially when I just wanna pass out beat downs, lol, And I'm not that well geared however she can hold her own. I just wish there were better looking outfits available for her (this excludes BC Store outfits because they take my mane away and I don't much care for this) in game. ATM all the current plate outfits flat out suck @%$&'s. I used to have such a cute outfit for her before 6x came along and ruined her ability to combo all types of gear. We need better outfits for plate wearers if they're going to keep the current gear restrictions that's for sure.

Oh and one more thing: Just what is it with this "one leg on, one leg off" crap? I've wondered about this since day one. I mean, who is designing these horrible outfits? I'll leave that there while still able to remain pleasant concerning this....., lol.

Do you know what's even funnier? All Gladiators that I have come across - except myself lol, but I'm not really geared and I'm putting my Gladiator to rest and I'll reroll Painter - say that Gladiator is not OP, but ask anyone else to see what the answer will be. I wonder why. I mean... the denial man.

Well, the red zerk was op as hell in 6.0. They nerfed that thank god. But the gladiator still a tier higher than he was before 6.0, for many reasons. I would not say he is better than SM/AT/GN/CL. 

4 hours ago, RegretThis-EK said:

I’m sure your perception is based off watching geared Korean gladiators fight in open world where they are more likely than not fighting people they far outgear. Also those gladiators have non-nerfed transformations and don’t have to stack a bunch of crit and are running around with 18-19k attack. But in general our burst is pretty rubbish in group pvp compared to other classes such as say, a gunner, sin, AT. Even a ranger’s agonizing arrow gives them some value in group pvp despite being focused. Most classes offer some utility or higher spike than a gladiator. 1v1 I guess we are fine. I wouldn’t say we are OP but we have as much of a shot to kill anything that isn’t chain so long as we can survive and have an extendable which not even 1% of NA has

There are plenty of videos of them fighting other +15 Ultimate players on youtube. That's not the issue.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, the red zerk was op as hell in 6.0. They nerfed that thank god. But the gladiator still a tier higher than he was before 6.0, for many reasons. I would not say he is better than SM/AT/GN/CL. 

Let's see. SM is focused 95% of the times, so, unless they have someone to back them up, they are nyerked. They are also squishy af because they have basically no defense except for the pet shield. AT is strong af and most of the times also forgotten because of its defense. We agree here. I'm not sure if they have the heal potential of a Gladiator, though. Do they? Gunner is squishy af. If they don't burst you in 2s, they are dead. Cleric has a shitton of survivability, but no offense whatsoever. It takes 30s for a Cleric to kill someone while other classes kill people in 5s.

Again, I'm talking about the big picture here. Aion's overall gameplay, not only in one situation, but in all situations that the PVP in the game puts you on. Maybe I'm being delusional, who knows. That's what I see in the 4925521734324 KR videos I've watched so far. You walk free in group as a Gladiator. If in open world, you have the potential to full heal using one 10s CD skill, or a 1m one if you chose to use the Draining Sword stigma. Idk. Overall if I had to choose, it would be a Gladiator as top 1 in OPness.

1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

There are plenty of videos of them fighting other +15 Ultimate players on youtube. That's not the issue.

Let's see. SM is focused 95% of the times, so, unless they have someone to back them up, they are nyerked. They are also squishy af because they have basically no defense except for the pet shield. AT is strong af and most of the times also forgotten because of its defense. We agree here. I'm not sure if they have the heal potential of a Gladiator, though. Do they? Gunner is squishy af. If they don't burst you in 2s, they are dead. Cleric has a shitton of survivability, but no offense whatsoever. It takes 30s for a Cleric to kill someone while other classes kill people in 5s.

Again, I'm talking about the big picture here. Aion's overall gameplay, not only in one situation, but in all situations that the PVP in the game puts you on. Maybe I'm being delusional, who knows. That's what I see in the 4925521734324 KR videos I've watched so far. You walk free in group as a Gladiator. If in open world, you have the potential to full heal using one 10s CD skill, or a 1m one if you chose to use the Draining Sword stigma. Idk. Overall if I had to choose, it would be a Gladiator as top 1 in OPness.

I get the feeling you haven't fought end game geared people as an end geared game gladiator. A lot of your assumptions are based on highlight videos on youtube (where 99% of the time they are posting only wins and not losses) and your experience in open world where most people are not end game geared. In PVP instances, against end game geared people, gladiator spike is pretty rubbish. 1v1 we have as much of a chance as anyone unless it's a cleric where it is so lopsided in the cleric's favor that most gladiators do not even try.

What's next? AT saying they are not OP? Lmao

In 1v1 situations

Even if you outplay a gladi and you are 100% HP and they are about to die, they can still kill you so easy. 25m Leap & Pull + determination + knockdowns and RIP

And in Open world with mobs around and so many life steal skills they get fully healed like nothing.

And in pvp instances one of the most cancer setup it 3 glads & 2 healers, they are simply not going to die and omg the knockdowns are endless lol

Just saying, Glad is one of the strongest class now and in 7.0 too.

13 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

In 1v1 situations

Even if you outplay a gladi and you are 100% HP and they are about to die, they can still kill you so easy. 25m Leap & Pull + determination + knockdowns and RIP

And in Open world with mobs around and so many life steal skills they get fully healed like nothing.

And in pvp instances one of the most cancer setup it 3 glads & 2 healers, they are simply not going to die and omg the knockdowns are endless lol

Next is a ranger is crying about a painter and complains everyday why he didn't reroll when 7.0 launch :P

55 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

In 1v1 situations

I’ve already stated that barring a chain, a glad has a chance to kill any class. But judging from your post, a lot of what you are stating is paper pvp and theory crafting and no actual experience. You’re a ranger so I expect you to be biased. Objectively speaking, what I’ve been saying that is in group pvp other classes offer more. Sins are OP, ATs are OP, Gunners are OP. Gladiators are middle of the pack on the totem pole. In Korea they aren’t even high on the list on preference for a group. That so called cancer set up is really rubbish. I would know, I run it. It can be countered by 2 clerics and a chanter. 

This is not getting us anywhere. Gladiators will always think that there are better classes and that Gladiator is not OP, and easy to play might I add. The other day I said that in some Glad's stream, that Gladiator was one of the easiest classes to play, and he almost banned me from his channel. :S I didn't mean to offend him or anything, but he got so mad... the denial.

2 hours ago, RegretThis-EK said:

I’ve already stated that barring a chain, a glad has a chance to kill any class.

Well you statement has no value because every class has a chance to kill any class duh! 

really all the situations i described are just theory pvp and don't happend every single day? Maybe you are not experienced as you think you are and that is why your "objective" opinions are biased.

What’s there to deny, someone in this thread already gave you a rundown of what Koreans think and they have the benefit of knowing what it’s like to play and fight against max geared classes with kaisinel and low ping. Glads aren’t high on the list. Speaking as someone who has a gladiator who is as max geared as you can get without an extend or kaisinel I’m telling you perception is not reality. To be OP is to be the big shit of a game and I’ve listed 3 classes who are better. I’ve never stated the class was unplayable. It has its strengths but OP? Nah

3 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Well you statement has no value because every class has a chance to kill any class duh! 

really all the situations i described are just theory pvp and don't happend every single day? Maybe you are not experienced as you think you are and that is why you "objective" opinions are biased.

I’ve been playing this class since 1.5 in 2009. I’ve seen every iteration of it. But sure I’m not experience at all.

11 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

really all the situations i described are just theory pvp and don't happend every single day? Maybe you are not experienced as you think you are and that is why your "objective" opinions are biased.

I always love the "every class has a chance to kill every class" statement. Sure-  that works on paper.

But there's a big difference between the "throw your keyboard down the stairs" OP class  and the "make one mistake and you almost certainly  lose" class and that's what we have in Aion.

32 minutes ago, RegretThis-EK said:

What’s there to deny, someone in this thread already gave you a rundown of what Koreans think and they have the benefit of knowing what it’s like to play and fight against max geared classes with kaisinel and low ping. Glads aren’t high on the list. Speaking as someone who has a gladiator who is as max geared as you can get without an extend or kaisinel I’m telling you perception is not reality. To be OP is to be the big shit of a game and I’ve listed 3 classes who are better. I’ve never stated the class was unplayable. It has its strengths but OP? Nah

Yet they roflstomp people 90% of the time, open world or arenas. Equaly or very very close to their gear (I know it because they usually look people over on the website to check their gear). I don't even know how many hours of KR footage I've watched so far of Templar, Gladiator and Painter by now, but it was a lot.

Templar is tanky af, but it's not even close of the potential burst of a Gladiator (this is Kaisinel +15 Ultimate 18k+ atk). Painter has the most insane burst I've ever seen, but it's retardedly squishy. After the 3s "ignore-all-atks" and the 8s 50% dmg reduction you have no more defense. It's kinda like Gunner on the burst with a few more defensive skills. The bottleneck is the 15m range. Feels like you have to always be on a 10m range to not get the "too faw away" message or so your oponents don't break the lasers cast, which will be very dangerous in 7.0+ because more world bosses drop extendable weapons and we are going to see a lot more people running around with those. I like the agressive gameplay, though.

I don't see how the 3 classes that you listed can be better in all situations. I'm not talking about 1v1 only. Think of it on the overall gameplay. Sure Glads have a hard time against equaly geared Chains, but who doesn't? Even SM fear locking isn't enough sometimes.

Anyways, you probably won't change your mind, I'll most likely not change mine. It's all good in the end.

I think people are misconstruing my words and taking it as I’m saying my class is weak or rubbish. We are talking in relative terms. 1v1 my class is fine. It isn’t the worst and it’s not the best. I’m saying there are other classes that I feel are better and offer utility, especially in group. In group, multiple gladiators, the dps is dogshit. 

Archived