Forums

Need a guide for aion 2019 / class recomendation

Norlagnus-KT

20 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Yet they roflstomp people 90% of the time, open world or arenas. Equaly or very very close to their gear (I know it because they usually look people over on the website to check their gear). I don't even know how many hours of KR footage I've watched so far of Templar, Gladiator and Painter by now, but it was a lot.

Templar is tanky af, but it's not even close of the potential burst of a Gladiator (this is Kaisinel +15 Ultimate 18k+ atk). Painter has the most insane burst I've ever seen, but it's retardedly squishy. After the 3s "ignore-all-atks" and the 8s 50% dmg reduction you have no more defense. It's kinda like Gunner on the burst with a few more defensive skills. The bottleneck is the 15m range. Feels like you have to always be on a 10m range to not get the "too faw away" message or so your oponents don't break the lasers cast, which will be very dangerous in 7.0+ because more world bosses drop extendable weapons and we are going to see a lot more people running around with those. I like the agressive gameplay, though.

I don't see how the 3 classes that you listed can be better in all situations. I'm not talking about 1v1 only. Think of it on the overall gameplay. Sure Glads have a hard time against equaly geared Chains, but who doesn't? Even SM fear locking isn't enough sometimes.

Anyways, you probably won't change your mind, I'll most likely not change mine. It's all good in the end.

.... I mean... I can find you videos of classes wrecking geared gladiators too. Gunners, sins, Chanters, clerics.... and so forth. Again I’m not stating gladiators aren’t viable, but I think there are better classes. I mean you even said yourself that Better told you he thought Templar was better... and since he’s king glad around these parts, if the guy who plays multiple geared toons and fights multiple geared toons can’t convince you, I sure as hell cant so let’s just agree to disagree

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RegretThis-EK said:

.... I mean... I can find you videos of classes wrecking geared gladiators too. Gunners, sins, Chanters, clerics.... and so forth. Again I’m not stating gladiators aren’t viable, but I think there are better classes. I mean you even said yourself that Better told you he thought Templar was better... and since he’s king glad around these parts, if the guy who plays multiple geared toons and fights multiple geared toons can’t convince you, I sure as hell cant so let’s just agree to disagree

And this falls on my statement that gladiators always think they are not OP. :S

6 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

I see a lot of paper experience here because i don't remember to ever saw you in discipline or open world. 

You ever stop to think that maybe the two of you are on different servers??? Hmmmmnnnnn??? Light bulbs going off in your head yet??

And I'm going to say this because everyone  seems to be dancing around it: A lot of us here are VETERANS who have been playing Aion for many years or, as in my case, Since Release. We've seen a lot of things over the years and well know that while things in Korea can be a good GENERAL Indication of how things will happen or as in this case, Play out here we are NCWest and things here can at times work slightly different than they do in Korea and this goes for stats on a class as well as how that class plays.

Please keep the above in mind, thanks. (Makes smiley face - too bad they aren't working here, lol, for me anyways.).

1 minute ago, Aieryn-DN said:

You ever stop to think that maybe the two of you are on different servers??? Hmmmmnnnnn??? Light bulbs going off in your head yet??

And I'm going to say this because everyone  seems to be dancing around it: A lot of us here are VETERANS who have been playing Aion for many years or, as in my case, Since Release. We've seen a lot of things over the years and well know that while things in Korea can be a good GENERAL Indication of how things will happen or as in this case, Play out here we are NCWest and things here can at times work slightly different than they do in Korea and this goes for stats on a class as well as how that class plays.

Please keep the above in mind, thanks. (Makes smiley face - too bad they aren't working here, lol, for me anyways.).

1. They are in the same server.

2. NCwest ha snever changed the stats for skills or classes before and they didn't do it now. The only thing they changed on this patch was transformations as far as I can remember...

33 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

1. They are in the same server.

2. NCwest ha snever changed the stats for skills or classes before and they didn't do it now. The only thing they changed on this patch was transformations as far as I can remember...

I have seen things work slightly different here than they do in Korea. I play a Korea account. Which this account was only created so I can get a glimpse of things to come here in NA. I play an EU account as well for the same reasons. Both my Korea and my EU accounts have only 2 character each on them. A Sorcerer and an Assassin as these are my two favorite classes. Here I have 8 characters (the current max here in NA) 7 Asmodians and 1 Elyos, They are: 1 Sorc, Aieryn, my main, 1 Cleric, Marlieri, 1 Gunslinger, Irie, 1 Spiritmaster, Aymee, 1 Assasin, Mhoki, 1 Gladiator, Yiri, and my Ranger, Jali. My single Elyos is a Spiritmaster, and her name is Naterie.

I mention their names so there will be no mistaking me next time I'm ambushed with the gankfest and I know a few of y'all have seen me Open World quite a few times. My characters all are average sized (not lil tiny things), all have their manes, and are wearing the cutest outfits I can find to stamp their gear with. Point is, I'm easy to spot especially being Asmodian because my characters have a darker skin tone than most Asmo's due to my being Native American in RL thus, their way of reflecting me. I'm also thinner than most ppl which my characters also reflect. And lastly, for a mount I'm either on the Flying Pagatti or the Pagatti Veyron (Dragon/dinosaur looking mount with wings I hope becomes available soon).

Now, there should be no mistaking it next time y'all gank me or one of my Alts.

Back on point: As I've stated there are slight differences with regard to how things play out in Korea vs. how they do here. The fact we still only have 8 character slots while Korea now has 13 is a prime and blatant example of this but there are many others way too numerous to list. Some are very suttle, some more noticeable which is why I use my Korean account for only a General look at things to come, but I don't take it exactly as gospel, so to speak.

12 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I mention their names so there will be no mistaking me next time I'm ambushed with the gankfest

Now, there should be no mistaking it next time y'all gank me or one of my Alts.

I'm gonna be brutally honest with you here. In the time that it has taken me to quote your post and start this reply, I've already forgotten all of your toon names. I'm sure most others who read your post did too. I understand you don't want to be "ganked," but this is a pvpve game which you know. We ALL get ganked sometimes. Or sometimes we're the ones doing the ganking. It's just how the game works, especially now that the population is so low. Sometimes we must do unsavory things like kill undergeared people in order to complete our daily kill quests.

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I'm gonna be brutally honest with you here. In the time that it has taken me to quote your post and start this reply, I've already forgotten all of your toon names. I'm sure most others who read your post did too. I understand you don't want to be "ganked," but this is a pvpve game which you know. We ALL get ganked sometimes. Or sometimes we're the ones doing the ganking. It's just how the game works, especially now that the population is so low. Sometimes we must do unsavory things like kill undergeared people in order to complete our daily kill quests.

Not wanting to be ganked wasn't my intention by listing their names. As most here know, I accept the gankfest as part of Aion which it has been since day one. I am mostly a solo player tho as I'm here for other reasons than the PVP. But that's me. Everyone has their preference and own reasons for being here. I've accepted the PVP and the ganking as a part of Aion one must live with to play the game many years ago. So in this respect at least, you have taken me the wrong way. It happens so, no worries k?

Archived