Ready to 7.0 ? / Enchant Rate Again / Why Prestige ?

I noticed around the time of the p2w for legendary transforms event (which event I *did* take advantage of btw after having failed n number ancient transform combines to get even a single legendary transform that I never did get before that event) that the enchant success rates dropped significantly.  Ultimate enchant stones failing on attempts to get +10 or above on ultimate gear are nowhere near what they were before that event.  My experience since that time has been maybe 15% rate of success on any one such enchantment attempt, whereas before it seemed closer to 50/50 on your average day, and I also now see way less multi-level jumps in enchantment level on a successful attempt than I saw before.  I get the sense that legendary stone enchantment success rate has also dropped between +4 to +9 where I tend to use them on ultimate pieces.. most of my ultimate pieces that are that level go up & down over & over now whereas before they tended to trend upward much more easily.  I don't exactly live on the game, but I am able to play often enough to run around the map to finish all of the daily/weekly quests to acquire genesis crystals (as do a handful of friends/family that I play with), participate in most sieges and pvp instances that reward w/ enchant stones, etc., and we are all experiencing the same terrible rates of success in enchanting.  We *want* to enjoy and continue to play Aion for the open world pvp, being the gluttons for NCSoft punishment that we are, but at this point we probably play mostly for the fun of hanging out with one another moreso than any consistent, legitimate enjoyment of the current state of open world pvp or the getting shat on by the NCSoft "congrats on failing another hard-earned ultimate stone enchant" RNG.  Would be great if there were a "ultimate enchant stone guaranteed success" event or a "no dropping a level on failed enchant attempt no matter the quality of enchant stone" event.  Also, bring back the player population and the abyss :D

My gear now:  no exchange gear.  Genesis ultimates on everything but rings, gloves and belt which are ultimate masterwork (waiting to promote those genesis legendary pieces till I get more of the bigger ultimate pieces plused up).  Weapon and wings +15.  Weapon enchanted fairly easily with the appropriate quality enchant stone i.e. ancient to +3, legendary to +9, ultimate to +10, ancient to +11, ultimate to +15 (and this *before* the p2w legendary transform event).  Wings got the +14 with not too much difficulty (mostly also before the p2w legendary transform event), but +14 -> +15 took at least 9 ultimate enchant stone attempts before succeeding.  Plume +12 (on attempt number 4 to get to +13 with ultimate stone).  Bracelet +11.  Top +11.  Helmet +8 (cursed.. will not go to +9 and I won't use an ultimate on it before +9.. I lost count on the number of legendary stones I have thrown at it).  Pants +7.  Rest +3, 4 or 5.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's one important fact people can look forward to going into 7.0: T2 Ancient genesis gear is not only cheaper in terms of genesis crystals but the base stats are far superior to T1 genesis. In addition to this the enchantment level boost disparity is much less compared to T1 enchantment level (i.e. T1 goes 5, 9, 14... while T2 goes 12,24,36...). I've been studying the stats quite a bit and even T2 ancient closes the gap significantly to T1 ultimate. Sure, +15 ULT T1 will still hurt to fight, but T2 Legendary isn't all that expensive to reach and those stats are only slightly lower than T1 Ult and in fact on a few T2 Leg pieces certain base stats are higher than T1 Ult.

T2 Ult is pretty expensive to get when you look at all that goes into it so really only the players at the beginning who know how to get the new stella coins the fastest and other trade ins for the new ultimate ethium required to purify T1 Ult will have the advantage. Legendary ethium for purifying to T2 legendary gear is pretty cheap compared to Ultimate ethium needed for T2 Ult. Also there are lots of ways to rack up legendary pvp stones in 7.0 which should make enchanting less of a nightmare, but only some.

I can't say it's the perfect outlook as people will always find ways to gear up super quick, but I do see there is hope for people who aren't full Ult +15 or even full Ult +0. Looking at the stats and the somewhat lessened disparity in 7.0 gear, I plan try to get my current legendaries that are left to T2 legendary quickly because it will put me on a more even playing field with those that have to take the time farming to upgrade their full +15 ult. In the end I will still be behind, but I have some chance to make progress.

Just want to echo the many complaints on this thread about the failure of the enchantment rate. To simply state it sucks is an understatement. We do not have enough means to access fighting spirit fragments to sustain this nyerk poor rate of failure. I know a lot of players who have quit recently because of the boredom and the enchantment rate. The rate you get purple stones from instance bags is pretty poor as I seem to average 1 for every 12 bags. Sometimes I get lucky and get more sometimes and more often unlucky and get less. Seems like this was intended to get player base to buy luna and reset and run more. Nothing feels worse than wasting hours grinding to craft some stones crafting and de'ing gear for fragments to watch the stones you create all fail and no progress and this is happening all too much. This is not fun at all NcSoft. Which is why I myself am playing less and less and looking for other venues to occupy my free time.

I have never received an ultimate stone from siege and have been to pretty sure every one of them since 6.2 released and that is just a joke as the only time I have ever received an ultimate stone was by survey or after the morph was added. The problem with the morph is it uses a large amount of fighting spirit fragments which you need to also purify your gear in the 1st place so it is a huge bottleneck and I have 300 aetherforge and do all my genesis quests and camps a week and farm and still cannot sustain the amount of fragments to progress with this absurd failure rate. Every day less and less players are logging in normally the game is becoming a ghost town and even the early pvp window you may see one lfg recruitment for pvp instance in the whole two hours which shows many of the players do not even bother anymore because they don't have the gear and realize that they aren't gonna be rewarded. The only resolution for the gear progression is either better the enchantment rate or make the stones and fighting spirit fragments much much easier to acquire to make up for the failure rate. I know ncsoft doesn't want everyone in maxed out gear but that is what people keep playing to achieve and if you make it that difficult or impossible the players will simply get frustrated and find different games to play because right now Aion just isn't worth it.

P.S. I didn't get into the price of guiding stones and other mats on the broker and the kinah price for everything in this game slowly causing players to go broke that we have to either AFK kib farm and afk luna on multiple accounts daily just to progress. If you wonder why the player base is bored out of their skulls consider how advancing is best done while AFK.

We need something to progress with 100% success. Or at very least 80%. You can sell it in the shop for all I care, as long as it's brokerable. We need to feel that the 7 days of farm we just had to do was not wasted. It's very very very much frustrating to grind for a entire week and do not progress at all. It's a hard NO. No one will continue playing after multiple weeks of no progression.

I'll wait for 7.0 because I'm on farm mode right now to focus on the Painter class. Had I not liked the Painter playstyle I'd also be long gone by now.

On 7/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, KonkersGG-EK said:

That's 50% of the equation. On today's market, other than a handfull of games, no MMO survives without the f2p crew. You need to balance it up at some point, or else those players will mass quit, and the game dies either way.

Today's market games can stay open so long as you have 100 big spenders playing your game that have an emotional attachment to your product. I would say Aion has over 300 people still willing to pay w/e they need to so they can obtain their progression.

By the MMORPG's standards Aion has been dead for ages, People even made the death of Aion videos and yet here we all are and the servers still open why? Simple There are enough players still playing Aion that get enjoyment out of the money they spend on Aion than they do get out of spending it on anything else. 

You have to really produce a crappy product to not stay open in today's market. If you said this 5 years ago i would agree but the mobile style is in full effect in our genre currently and Aion has plenty of mobile style spenders.

well im still in 90% +10 ancient crystal now still after hundreds  upon hundreds of fails, so t2 ultimate crystal, not happening, not even bothering anymore  totally fed up on wasting grinding for stones just to constally blow every single one of them up fail enchantments. just gonna run  a crafted set. so get destroyed now, get destroyed in 7.0, be nothing new.

On 07/07/2019 at 2:46 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Today's market games can stay open so long as you have 100 big spenders playing your game that have an emotional attachment to your product. I would say Aion has over 300 people still willing to pay w/e they need to so they can obtain their progression.

By the MMORPG's standards Aion has been dead for ages, People even made the death of Aion videos and yet here we all are and the servers still open why? Simple There are enough players still playing Aion that get enjoyment out of the money they spend on Aion than they do get out of spending it on anything else. 

You have to really produce a crappy product to not stay open in today's market. If you said this 5 years ago i would agree but the mobile style is in full effect in our genre currently and Aion has plenty of mobile style spenders.

Will the whales continue spending and playing if there is no one for them to play against? I don't think so.

That's what I meant when I said they need the f2p players. I don't spend much, but it's mostly because there is nothing worth buying. In fact, other than event boosts, there is nothing.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, Euphoria-DN said:

The problem with the morph is it uses a large amount of fighting spirit fragments which you need to also purify your gear in the 1st place so it is a huge bottleneck

Ding ding ding! My complaint since the day they released the morph recipes.

18 minutes ago, Hellish-DN said:

NCSoft should make it that you get 5 fighting spirit fragments per daily area kill quest instead of 10 genesis crystals. It would boost pvp and make all parts of the map active, it addresses many of the issues this patch has.

Excellent idea. Though 5 fragments is a ridiculously low amount still, but at least that would help speed up stone morphing if not item promotion.

13 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Will the whales continue spending and playing if there is no one for them to play against? I don't think so.

That's what I meant when I said they need the f2p players. I don't spend much, but it's mostly because there is nothing worth buying. In fact, other than event boosts, there is nothing.

This is what mobile gaming is tho. It is happening in our genre as well. People are paying so when they talk about what they got they can go yea i got the +15 new set. I know people in BDO that have paid over $50,000 to the cash shop and pay people $400 a week to play the game for them so they can log in 1 day a week and enchant. They never leave town they never PvP they never PvE all they do is enchant. Progression is what people spend on. Content is what people complain about. As long as players can continue to spend on progression it does not matter how many players their are because people who spend that amount think differently.

I never met a big spender who do not think they have immunity from being banned thus they all either run bots or pay people to play/run bots for them and do the boring tasks. The smaller the population gets the more these players spend on other players to play the game for them because their is nothing for them to do and they want to progress.

A question for you  Why is PvP not currently booming in Aion?

Everything indicates that at least 80% of the community seem to be stuck at legendary>ultimate upgrades due to fragments or stuck on PvP stones to enchant their legendary gear. If 80% of the community are stuck at the same progression point PvP in Aion should be in its prime because 80% of the community are stuck at the same point thus the game being the most balanced it has been in years.

The only answer i can come up with is that no one wants to PvP on retail Aion they only want to play to progress gear/dodge PvP for the meme's. Then you got those who want to do fixed matches which i totally understand since they can fix it in a way where they can fight those who have gear so at least both sides seem to enjoy themselves.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is what mobile gaming is tho. It is happening in our genre as well. People are paying so when they talk about what they got they can go yea i got the +15 new set. I know people in BDO that have paid over $50,000 to the cash shop and pay people $400 a week to play the game for them so they can log in 1 day a week and enchant. They never leave town they never PvP they never PvE all they do is enchant. Progression is what people spend on. Content is what people complain about. As long as players can continue to spend on progression it does not matter how many players their are because people who spend that amount think differently.

I never met a big spender who do not think they have immunity from being banned thus they all either run bots or pay people to play/run bots for them and do the boring tasks. The smaller the population gets the more these players spend on other players to play the game for them because their is nothing for them to do and they want to progress.

That's an interesting POV. Btw, I'd gladly receive that money to progress for them. Rofl!

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

A question for you  Why is PvP not currently booming in Aion?

Everything indicates that at least 80% of the community seem to be stuck at legendary>ultimate upgrades due to fragments or stuck on PvP stones to enchant their legendary gear. If 80% of the community are stuck at the same progression point PvP in Aion should be in its prime because 80% of the community are stuck at the same point thus the game being the most balanced it has been in years.

The only answer i can come up with is that no one wants to PvP on retail Aion they only want to play to progress gear/dodge PvP for the meme's. Then you got those who want to do fixed matches which i totally understand since they can fix it in a way where they can fight those who have gear so at least both sides seem to enjoy themselves.

For me, quite honestly, is that because even if you are stuck on legendary, you still get 2 shot by the +15 whales/old players that had toons of mats saved. Imo, this is one of the best patches when the subject is equipment acquisition, they are messing up on the mats to progress said gear. They claim there is a localization team, is there really? Either give us the same game as KR has, or put that team to work, because it doesn't seem that they are working. Where are the cheap transparent scrolls and the skins we've been asking for 10 months? LOL!

1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

For me, quite honestly, is that because even if you are stuck on legendary, you still get 2 shot by the +15 whales/old players that had toons of mats saved. Imo, this is one of the best patches when the subject is equipment acquisition, they are messing up on the mats to progress said gear. They claim there is a localization team, is there really? Either give us the same game as KR has, or put that team to work, because it doesn't seem that they are working. Where are the cheap transparent scrolls and the skins we've been asking for 10 months? LOL!

What does KR have that improves the situation for f2p players staying in the game to be content for the big spenders? All the improvements i see are improvements for paying players. I only mention this because we were discussing f2p players leaving = death of the game. Saying thing tho i am not knowledgeable enough about KR to give a real opinion on whether KR is better for the entire player base or not. 

The transparent issue is one that can not really be talked about with out ranting/making people salty. If i were to make a random guess how much have transparent scrolls made NCwest/soft i would say about $28,000. The reason that you can not really get in to this issue is we do not know peoples emotional attachments to their character and what this game has helped people with in their own life so i am not really going to get in to it. Overall this is a problem created by the players paying for a product that should never of been bought. 

Skins is a stupid one its like they are trying to lose money on purpose here. One thing i learnt from playing BDO is the western player base foams at the mouth over skins/ones they do not own. The only reason i can see them doing this is if they believe flash sales will increase quarterly figures as needed to keep the product running. I highly doubt that is the case tho.

As to getting 2 shot i do not think i have ever came across a +15 ultimate player in 6.X because i have only been 2 shot in my gear 1ce(you can check out my gear at the share your enchant story thread). The only person to 2 shot me was a gunner forgot their name but they back to back crit me and i think one of them was a DP skill. This makes it hard for me to comment on this issue.

15 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

What does KR have that improves the situation for f2p players staying in the game to be content for the big spenders? All the improvements i see are improvements for paying players. I only mention this because we were discussing f2p players leaving = death of the game. Saying thing tho i am not knowledgeable enough about KR to give a real opinion on whether KR is better for the entire player base or not. 

The transparent issue is one that can not really be talked about with out ranting/making people salty. If i were to make a random guess how much have transparent scrolls made NCwest/soft i would say about $28,000. The reason that you can not really get in to this issue is we do not know peoples emotional attachments to their character and what this game has helped people with in their own life so i am not really going to get in to it. Overall this is a problem created by the players paying for a product that should never of been bought. 

Skins is a stupid one its like they are trying to lose money on purpose here. One thing i learnt from playing BDO is the western player base foams at the mouth over skins/ones they do not own. The only reason i can see them doing this is if they believe flash sales will increase quarterly figures as needed to keep the product running. I highly doubt that is the case tho.

As to getting 2 shot i do not think i have ever came across a +15 ultimate player in 6.X because i have only been 2 shot in my gear 1ce(you can check out my gear at the share your enchant story thread). The only person to 2 shot me was a gunner forgot their name but they back to back crit me and i think one of them was a DP skill. This makes it hard for me to comment on this issue.

I don't know if KR has it better for f2p, but what we have here is not working. I know that KR has a lot of p2w (or p2fast) because they comment on their streams. IDK. I just want the game to feel fun for the majority, which is not the case right now. Everyone is soft quiting or has stoped playing altogether.

About being 2 shot it was way of saying that someone in legendary can't win against someone in ultimate unless that person is really, -really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really- bad. The HP, damage and defense has a ridiculous gap.

42 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Is this 28,000$ from transparent scrolls based what assumption ? Although I do agreed there're people buying them but doesn't mean NA is doing the right thing because in every other region excepted NA they offering players cheap transparent scrolls and skins that they offering in GST are actually skins not mini transform outfit like NA currently offering.

1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

I don't know if KR has it better for f2p, but what we have here is not working. I know that KR has a lot of p2w (or p2fast) because they comment on their streams. IDK. I just want the game to feel fun for the majority, which is not the case right now. Everyone is soft quiting or has stoped playing altogether.

About being 2 shot it was way of saying that someone in legendary can't win against someone in ultimate unless that person is really, -really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really- bad. The HP, damage and defense has a ridiculous gap.

Fun of any sort requires participation which is the issue i was getting at where if 80% of the population are stuck at the same progression point why is PvP not booming. There is no fun because everyone soft quit. No one is participating hence no one can find fun activities. If the only activities you do in the game are AFK luna/AFK kibrium mooching then your never going to have fun again in Aion.

Despite saying this i do understand why they play this way. It is not like the participation part brings any sort of enjoyment in terms of progression it is just faster.

1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

Is this 28,000$ from transparent scrolls based what assumption ? Although I do agreed there're people buying them but doesn't mean NA is doing the right thing because in every other region excepted NA they offering players cheap transparent scrolls and skins that they offering in GST are actually skins not mini transform outfit like NA currently offering.

I said they are taking advantage of those with emotional attachment to the game. That was as far as i was getting in to it because you can not talk about this topic with out people putting their emotions in to it. Emotions = forget reason.

I am basing my assumption off how many players i saw on EK when i was playing their that used Transparent scrolls. Since kinah was scarce and not many had 8 characters if any and they were being sold on EK-E for 100k EA i doubt players were buying them off the broker.

5 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Fun of any sort requires participation which is the issue i was getting at where if 80% of the population are stuck at the same progression point why is PvP not booming. There is no fun because everyone soft quit. No one is participating hence no one can find fun activities. If the only activities you do in the game are AFK luna/AFK kibrium mooching then your never going to have fun again in Aion.

Despite saying this i do understand why they play this way. It is not like the participation is any better in terms of progression it is just faster.

I said they are taking advantage of those with emotional attachment to the game. That was as far as i was getting in to it because you can not talk about this topic with out people putting their emotions in to it. Emotions = forget reason.

I am basing my assumption off how many players i saw on EK when i was playing their that used Transparent scrolls. Since kinah was scarce and not many had 8 characters if any and they were being sold on EK-E for 100k EA i doubt players were buying them off the broker.

Ok this is where I disagreed a bit,these static on EK does not reflecting one on KT/DN assuming a lot of players have 8 chars and getting transparent scrolls from luna.Nobody really selling transparent scrolls from BCM 100k ;) Even though I saw some players on KT did bought transparent scrolls from BCM.

The money is not unlimited source they can't drain people money for transparent scrolls forever.It will eventually stopped  NA is being too greedy.If it does want people keep supporting the game it needs to give people cheap transparent and all skins in BCM like before 6.2.The current method is wrong.

7 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Ok this is where I disagreed a bit,these static on EK does not reflecting one on KT/DN assuming a lot of players have 8 chars and getting transparent scrolls from luna.Nobody really selling transparent scrolls from BCM 100k ;) Even though I saw some players on KT did bought transparent scrolls from BCM.

The money is not unlimited source they can't drain people money for transparent scrolls forever.It will eventually stopped  NA is being too greedy.If it does want people keep supporting the game it needs to give people cheap transparent and all skins in BCM like before 6.2.The current method is wrong.

We seem to have a bit of miscommunication through typing here my bad. No one in EK was buying and selling transparent scrolls from the BCM. I was saying the broker price of transparent scrolls was 100k. Since kinah was scarce on EK and people wanted to look like their character and not a furry they bought transparent scrolls from the BCM because no one had the kinah to buy them from the broker.

Tbh i doubt any of their big spenders quit over not being able to see their character. These are the players that will happily buy transparent scrolls from the broker if it is the cheapest option. I agree the current method is bad but only because it is a different system to the mother region. 

What korea has is better for the player base they have. It would not work for this player base. But most likely would work way worse for our player base. It certainly is harder for 100% free player there and always was that way, but this kind of player must be almost non existent there, while here, it's already too close to 100% south american player base, which not only has little money, but the currency exchange makes it worse for them to spend.

You certainly hit the nail in the head.

The only people I remember EVER being players that would look for real pvp and actually have a challenge was the funeral/condimentz crew.

While everybody was spying on Id to not fight against pugs, they spied to get a real opponent. All those people from those times are gone anyway.

h i doubt any of their big spenders quit over not being able to see their character. These are the players that will happily buy transparent scrolls from the broker if it is the cheapest option. I agree the current method is bad but only because it is a different system to the mother region. 

Actually is not a different system from the mother region. and certainly here they will not put the transparent scroll on the kinah store while there are still people buying them from the BCM. That's like throwing your cash away.

On 08/07/2019 at 5:32 PM, Afterglow-KT said:

Excellent idea. Though 5 fragments is a ridiculously low amount still, but at least that would help speed up stone morphing if not item promotion.

This is not a ridiculos alow amount its an amazing amout.... the parameter is "zero" as we have today!

Archived