Game won't launch

I've had this issue on one specific computer for a while now, and can't seem to figure out what's wrong

After launching the game from the desktop, I can login fine, but when I click play now, the dragon loading picture pops up, and two seconds later closes. Gives no error message, and does it repetitively. The weirdest thing for me though is that it doesn't happen all the time, sometimes the game will launch no problem, sometimes ill have to  try 20 times before it works, making no changes to  how I  do it. The small ncsoft window with the settings button stays up when the loading dragon disappears tough.

I have noticed that when it does decide to launch, a rectangle with some lady shows up on the bottom right of my screen along with the dragon staying till the full game window appears. 

Sorry if this makes no sense, I have no  idea what I'm talking about really. Just wanna play the game.

Are you using windows 10? Did you do all the necessary updates? Maybe your anti virus program is preventing it? Look into your task manager and force close the process before launching it again? Maybe try re-installing after uninstalling and removing all the files in your drive

Iirc (I have a migraine and a really horrible day, so my memory isn't good right now), the fix for this is to go to your NCsoft/Aion/bin64 folder and rename aion.bin to aion.bin.old.

1 hour ago, SonaOfIonia-KT said:

I've had this issue on one specific computer for a while now, and can't seem to figure out what's wrong

After launching the game from the desktop, I can login fine, but when I click play now, the dragon loading picture pops up, and two seconds later closes. Gives no error message, and does it repetitively. The weirdest thing for me though is that it doesn't happen all the time, sometimes the game will launch no problem, sometimes ill have to  try 20 times before it works, making no changes to  how I  do it. The small ncsoft window with the settings button stays up when the loading dragon disappears tough.

I have noticed that when it does decide to launch, a rectangle with some lady shows up on the bottom right of my screen along with the dragon staying till the full game window appears. 

Sorry if this makes no sense, I have no  idea what I'm talking about really. Just wanna play the game.

Archived