Quiting game

15 hours ago, Afterglow-KT said:

Stop making this about OP's gender. As if we lack qq threads created and populated by male players. And as if Aion lacks stuff to qq about. So they clarified something - big deal. Honestly that "bro"-ing does get annoying. Because if you correct them, you kind of divert the topic towards yourself even though you dont mean it. If you don't correct them after being broed 12287th times, you're kind of withholding and in a way pretending being a bro, and though it never should be about gender, somehow it becomes about it either way. Why can't people just say "thank you" instead of insisting on "thank you man" and "thank you bro".

What exactly are you withholding? I don't tell everyone I talk to that I am right handed. Or that I have red hair. Or the color of my eyes. It's not withholding when the person has no need of or right to the information. Your sex or sexual orientation fall squarely into the "you don't need to know" category. I'm a cleric. I can dps or heal. I have the stats and I have run this before. I can come to discord. There. That's it. That's all that random players in this or any other game needs to know.

My female nieces call each other bro. They call their friends bro. It's weird. But it's also really normal.

And the problem is that some players that make a big enough deal about their sex to point out that they aren't a "bro" after some random comment like was made in this thread (or something as harmless as someone saying, "Thanks, bro") have a -reason- behind wanting the gaming population to think or know that they are a woman. It's sad that in this day and age there are still women (and men!) who think that being a female gamer is going to get you something. 

So if your sex doesn't matter in how you play the game and it doesn't factor into how you want to be treated as gamer, who cares if someone thinks or assumes you are caring extra bits in your trousers?

Anyway.. carrying on the discussion.

I have never fallen to my death in an epic wing fail. Ever.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgoNnCA7DP9RwSC-9MnYE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

What exactly are you withholding? I don't tell everyone I talk to that I am right handed. Or that I have red hair. Or the color of my eyes. It's not withholding when the person has no need of or right to the information. Your sex or sexual orientation fall squarely into the "you don't need to know" category. I'm a cleric. I can dps or heal. I have the stats and I have run this before. I can come to discord. There. That's it. That's all that random players in this or any other game needs to know.

My female nieces call each other bro. They call their friends bro. It's weird. But it's also really normal.

And the problem is that some players that make a big enough deal about their sex to point out that they aren't a "bro" after some random comment like was made in this thread (or something as harmless as someone saying, "Thanks, bro") have a -reason- behind wanting the gaming population to think or know that they are a woman. It's sad that in this day and age there are still women (and men!) who think that being a female gamer is going to get you something. 

So if your sex doesn't matter in how you play the game and it doesn't factor into how you want to be treated as gamer, who cares if someone thinks or assumes you are caring extra bits in your trousers?

Anyway.. carrying on the discussion.

I have never fallen to my death in an epic wing fail. Ever.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgoNnCA7DP9RwSC-9MnYE

Indeed, the OP is getting something. Bullying. Suddenly her thread "makes sense" not because she probably likes to frolick around undisturbed (i know tons of male players who do, too), but because she happens to be a female player with such a playstyle. Allow me to share a recent incident. Player A (a "known", geared acquaintance i often run various stuff with). Player B (a legion mate), Player C (a legion mate, in relationship with B). A asks B a favour which B is not able to do. I (afking alt in luna) see mentioning the favor in lfg, switch to main, do the favor. A: "ty bro". Me: "yw. cya" Then C tells me that A was very rude towards B because B wouldnt do the favour. They both block A (A, B and C are often in runs with me, so RIP forming). I ask A whats the matter. A calls B idiot and noob. I explain to him that B could not do what A asked, and why he couldn't do it. A: "B is idiot. is B a woman?" Me: "B is not a woman, but C is and i am." A: (after a long pause)  "sorry. so sorry. i had a very bad day."

To b ehonest it si a "she" and she onlymentioned it in one post. then we shitposted this into existence. Give the chick a go for stating she is a she.

Being in a server where enemies exist is not a reason to complain. This is the point.
Reasons to complain: Broken class system, no-animation hackers, extreme p2w etc

5vjtjfF.jpg

23 hours ago, Rianelia-EK said:

Sorry to hear you're quitting Pena. But I'm a bit confused when you say we were trapped in a lion's cage because we became merged with KT. 

A lot of people quit EK for multiple reasons. One of them being a lack of PvP since we outnumered the Elyos hardcore.

Another reason was because they geared up and ran the same 2 instances a billion times and got bored. 

And rng. Because lets face it, Aion's RNG sucks cobblestone pebbles. 

When you think about it, and if you've been preparing yourself for the merge by gearing up your char, saving up kinah, stones, etc. We're almost equal with the Elyos in terms of gear and players (excluding those who have compensation gear but I rarely encounter them and we have our own players who have it too.) But thats just my opinion.

Can you clarify further what you mean about "being trapped in a lion's cage"? 

lion cage is an old term. To understand this you need a good knowledge of history and general culture.you must strive to learn, not to understand.

start from the ancient greek and roman gladiator arenas.

18 hours ago, Afterglow-KT said:

Stop making this about OP's gender. As if we lack qq threads created and populated by male players. And as if Aion lacks stuff to qq about. So they clarified something - big deal. Honestly that "bro"-ing does get annoying. Because if you correct them, you kind of divert the topic towards yourself even though you dont mean it. If you don't correct them after being broed 12287th times, you're kind of withholding and in a way pretending being a bro, and though it never should be about gender, somehow it becomes about it either way. Why can't people just say "thank you" instead of insisting on "thank you man" and "thank you bro".

good point .this is men world.and they always thinking that war games are for boys .girls need to play with their barbies.I hate that reason and thought.

therefore I told my gender.

2 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Im sorry, but if what you are saying is true, then you have never play Aion, and you just like to hangout in the forums :P

I was being sarcastic, but thank you for playing anyway.

True story.. back in the day (2009) there was a low-level Elyos quest where you had to glide and land on different parts of a statue to pick up rubble. That quest took me -ages- to the point that if ever we needed to jump and glide, my legion would just count on me dying and having to run to catch up with them. "We'll just wait over here until you make that glide, k?" I am much improved at gliding, but I still get squeamish at the end of PF. Have only failed that glide once.. but still it brings back horrible memories. (Anyone else remember the flailing animation we used to have when you were falling? *shuddertwitch*)

So I play. Play a lot. Too much, I think. AND I hang out on the forums. No gliding here!

1 hour ago, pena-EK said:

good point .this is men world.and they always thinking that war games are for boys .girls need to play with their barbies.I hate that reason and thought.

therefore I told my gender.

When I see things like that, it is difficult for me to treat people equally regardless of their gender and to think that it is

she-is-a-princess.gif

lion cage is an old term. To understand this you need a good knowledge of history and general culture.you must strive to learn, not to understand.

They were meaning why you think a merge into KT makes things like a lions' cage. Clarify that further.

Just pay for a transfer to Danaria if you think it's that bad.

10 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I think they were being snarky, too, lol.

I hate when I play GW2 for awhile and then log into Aion.

/glides

/clips wings to fall a bit further and line up better on target

/tries gliding again

/realizes Aion has a CD on repopping wings

/dies horribly

9 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

*snip*

I hate when I play GW2 for awhile and then log into Aion.

/glides

/clips wings to fall a bit further and line up better on target

/tries gliding again

/realizes Aion has a CD on repopping wings

/dies horribly

i-know-that-feel-bro-7070.jpg

21 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

True story.. back in the day (2009) there was a low-level Elyos quest where you had to glide and land on different parts of a statue to pick up rubble. That quest took me -ages- to the point that if ever we needed to jump and glide, my legion would just count on me dying and having to run to catch up with them. "We'll just wait over here until you make that glide, k?" I am much improved at gliding, but I still get squeamish at the end of PF. Have only failed that glide once.. but still it brings back horrible memories. (Anyone else remember the flailing animation we used to have when you were falling? *shuddertwitch*)

So I play. Play a lot. Too much, I think. AND I hang out on the forums. No gliding here!

I still have fond memories of Abyssal Splinter in its original form, when we ran in in alliances and had to jump down and glide to collect AP relics. Falling meant going alll the way back to the beginning.

I was known as being quite reliable in my static,  and was actually one of the better people for opening chests- but when I did miss  then anyone on Discord heard some fairly dramatic screaming lol.

Very interesting this discussion. It reminds me of the series (The Walking Dead). What is the similarity? I'm gonna explain. The world is in ruins, it is dying. Humans are on the verge of extinction and instead the survivors unite to attack and kill each other.

hahahahahaha 

The truth is different.

The AION is bad now because the game has been deconstructed. Because NCS does not listen to the customer, does not make important adjustments and has focus on insignificant things. They still attack the customer, make the trade difficult, sell useless things, and when the revenue goes down, they blame the market. That's the problem.

34 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

but I still get squeamish at the end of PF.

Me too. But I think it's valid because it sends you all the way back to the start usually if you fail that glide! Siiiigh.

The quest I hated was that Asmo one out in Brusthonin, the campaign one, where you had to glide from a huge distance all the way and land on a geyser. Then repeat it like 5 more times. If you failed, you drowned. Took me like 3 hours to finish that quest the very first time, and I even had to look up a youtube video lol.

That's not what I'm asking. I'm aware of what lion's cage means. To refer to someone being trapped with a dangerous threat with an unfair advantage. 

Im asking why you believe being on KT is like that. I'm aware that the Elyos outnumber us now but its not as bad as it was on IS when you were on the Asmo side (Enshar still makes me paranoid despite us being on 6.7) 

Also on the whole gender thing. I dont believe Pena was correcting peeps calling her a guy because of "durhurhur special privileges" or "mah identity" its just sometimes odd or funny being referred to as a guy when you're a girl. I didnt expect the thread to blow up because of this lol.

3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Me too. But I think it's valid because it sends you all the way back to the start usually if you fail that glide! Siiiigh.

The quest I hated was that Asmo one out in Brusthonin, the campaign one, where you had to glide from a huge distance all the way and land on a geyser. Then repeat it like 5 more times. If you failed, you drowned. Took me like 3 hours to finish that quest the very first time, and I even had to look up a youtube video lol.

OH GOD! That was a nightmare. Times like that when you wish there was a "save game" button in an MMO. lol

1 minute ago, Rianelia-EK said:

That's not what I'm asking. I'm aware of what lion's cage means. To refer to someone being trapped with a dangerous threat with an unfair advantage. 

Im asking why you believe being on KT is like that. I'm aware that the Elyos outnumber us now but its not as bad as it was on IS when you were on the Asmo side (Enshar still makes me paranoid despite us being on 6.7) 

Also on the whole gender thing. I dont believe Pena was correcting peeps calling her a guy because of "durhurhur special privileges" or "mah identity" its just sometimes odd or funny being referred to as a guy when you're a girl. I didnt expect the thread to blow up because of this lol.

That's me. It's a big sore spot with me. @Cheesecake-DN can attest to some of the cringe-worthy behavior I have run into from other women in this game. The sense of freaking entitlement just because one happens to be an inny instead of an outy is mind blowing and honestly does set back women gamers decades. I've seen women use men. Men use women. And men use other men while pretending to be women. That behavior is all reprehensible and really just burns my bacon.

Back when the game launched, it wasn't unusual to have someone flip out in voice chat when they found out you were a woman. That doesn't happen often any more, though there are moments when you just want a kick a kitten. (Like the guy who used to whisper me and ask, "You still a girl?" If I didn't have to deal with them for faction stuff, I would have blocked them after the first time.) And now and again I still see players making a big freaking deal about being women.. and then hinting that they want to be carried in a run/PvP. (Happened in legion a month or so ago. Oddly enough that person left legion and I couldn't have been happier. No idea where they landed, but I wish their new legion well.)

So I apologize for getting my back up.

Back to the topic at hand..

As to why the OP is so upset about the imbalance they are seeing on KT, it's because they came from EK where Asmodians outnumbered Elyos huge. Probably even more so than Elyos outnumbered Asmodians back in the day on IS. It can be shocking to go from dominating to being dominated. But rather than seeing this, the OP cries about how NCSoft destroyed the game by merging EK into KT. The merge was 100% necessary. EK players were fairly compensated for that merge. End of story. 

11 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

OH GOD! That was a nightmare. Times like that when you wish there was a "save game" button in an MMO. lol

That's me. It's a big sore spot with me. @Cheesecake-DN can attest to some of the cringe-worthy behavior I have run into from other women in this game. The sense of freaking entitlement just because one happens to be an inny instead of an outy is mind blowing and honestly does set back women gamers decades. I've seen women use men. Men use women. And men use other men while pretending to be women. That behavior is all reprehensible and really just burns my bacon.

Back when the game launched, it wasn't unusual to have someone flip out in voice chat when they found out you were a woman. That doesn't happen often any more, though there are moments when you just want a kick a kitten. (Like the guy who used to whisper me and ask, "You still a girl?" If I didn't have to deal with them for faction stuff, I would have blocked them after the first time.) And now and again I still see players making a big freaking deal about being women.. and then hinting that they want to be carried in a run/PvP. (Happened in legion a month or so ago. Oddly enough that person left legion and I couldn't have been happier. No idea where they landed, but I wish their new legion well.)

So I apologize for getting my back up.

Back to the topic at hand..

As to why the OP is so upset about the imbalance they are seeing on KT, it's because they came from EK where Asmodians outnumbered Elyos huge. Probably even more so than Elyos outnumbered Asmodians back in the day on IS. It can be shocking to go from dominating to being dominated. But rather than seeing this, the OP cries about how NCSoft destroyed the game by merging EK into KT. The merge was 100% necessary. EK players were fairly compensated for that merge. End of story. 

I'm aware of the this. Happened to me all the time while I was a teen. While its not prevalent now, still happens. 

Pena's English isnt very good so I believe you mistook her narrative for "I'm a girl! Be nice to me!" When she just didn't want to be called a guy. 

I'm also from EK. Wasnt the main game plan since I intended to go back to DN but I chose EK to have a fresh start. I know how the situation was. I wanted to hear the answer from her directly but I think she's pretty much over it. 

Keep forgetting to turn on the notifcations for this thread. Not used to posting on the forums. x.x 

On 7/9/2019 at 3:14 PM, Aly-DN said:

i-know-that-feel-bro-7070.jpg

Awwwwwwwe, This is sooooooo adorbs!!

@Pena-EK

Seriously why are you complaining? This is Aion after all. The Gankfests have existed since day one. I know because I was there.

Yes, as many here know I'm female in RL as well as in game. And though I don't do it normally there were times (one just recently - think back to the "sammich" discussion, lol we eventually all had fun with that one, he, he.) where I wasn't in the best of moods and got fed up with certain male comments and spouted my RL gender but those here who have said this are right. Its not about our gender at all nor theirs.

I'm Asmodian and proud. I've been playing Aion since release and Aion has always been known for some of the most intense PVP in the MMO world. This hasn't changed one bit with 6x release and will exist always  here. It is just one of those things you learn to deal with if PVP is really not your thing, as is the case with me. I'm all about the personal flight and the story also exploration. But I can hold my own and will fight back if attacked by Elyos or outfly them (ability coming back in 7x and beyond).

Look, my point being is, you had to know about the PVP being a large focus in Aion before starting the game as it is one of Aion's best selling points no matter which server you came from. I've been through many server merges over the years none of which have been easy but as many of my Guy friends would say: "You suck it up and move on" and believe it or not sometimes you might enjoy the challenge. 

So lastly I say to you: Suck it up and move on, make some new friends, Join a new legion, learn to be competitive and you might just find you enjoy Aion in ways you never thought you could (I never thought I'd be saying this, lol, he, he, he.) Because in the whiny state your in now your giving our gender a bad rap in the gaming and Aion community.

I hope to see you in game but I'm on DN so, unless you move it may not happen.

2 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Awwwwwwwe, This is sooooooo adorbs!!

@Pena-EK

Seriously why are you complaining? This is Aion after all. The Gankfests have existed since day one. I know because I was there.

Yes, as many here know I'm female in RL as well as in game. And though I don't do it normally there were times (one just recently - think back to the "sammich" discussion, lol we eventually all had fun with that one, he, he.) where I wasn't in the best of moods and got fed up with certain male comments and spouted my RL gender but those here who have said this are right. Its not about our gender at all nor theirs.

I'm Asmodian and proud. I've been playing Aion since release and Aion has always been known for some of the most intense PVP in the MMO world. This hasn't changed one bit with 6x release and will exist always  here. It is just one of those things you learn to deal with if PVP is really not your thing, as is the case with me. I'm all about the personal flight and the story also exploration. But I can hold my own and will fight back if attacked by Elyos or outfly them (ability coming back in 7x and beyond).

Look, my point being is, you had to know about the PVP being a large focus in Aion before starting the game as it is one of Aion's best selling points no matter which server you came from. I've been through many server merges over the years none of which have been easy but as many of my Guy friends would say: "You suck it up and move on" and believe it or not sometimes you might enjoy the challenge. 

So lastly I say to you: Suck it up and move on, make some new friends, Join a new legion, learn to be competitive and you might just find you enjoy Aion in ways you never thought you could (I never thought I'd be saying this, lol, he, he, he.) Because in the whiny state your in now your giving our gender a bad rap in the gaming and Aion community.

I hope to see you in game but I'm on DN so, unless you move it may not happen.

ty Aieryn i will think on it.thank you for your kindness.

Imagine if she played while we had the twink cancer back in he days where Morheim was a leveling map. Perma geared twinks killing people with 2 shots while on white-green gear and they complained when a high lvl toon came to scare them away because to them it wasn't "fair".

Thank goodness twinking is dead.

8 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Imagine if she played while we had the twink cancer back in he days where Morheim was a leveling map. Perma geared twinks killing people with 2 shots while on white-green gear and they complained when a high lvl toon came to scare them away because to them it wasn't "fair".

Thank goodness twinking is dead.

SickKlutzyArthropods-small.gif

13 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

SickKlutzyArthropods-small.gif

And on top of that, EVERY twink pretended that twinking was not about an intentional low level perma geared character praying on poor ungeared levelers, but instead they wanted to fight vs other twinks!!!

And then when the Fast Track server was implemented, the levelers where in a safe zone now away from twinks, while the twinks could still easily rift to fight with their fellow enemy twinks and live their twink life... so everyone should be happy now right? Well it was the whistle blower when they complained they had nobody to kill now because of FT server made the real maps empty!

Ding Dong mthfkers... FT server had only the levelers, if you wanted twink vs twink fights, you could still do it up to 5.8, you simply wanted to go and kill ungeared low level players and pretend you have a reason to exist! Not to mention MOST if not all twinks were playing the two classes that had the gay hide skill so they could simply go, kill someone and vanish. 90% of the twinks were assassins and archers.

Death to twinking!

Archived