Forums

Quiting game

18 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Having some flashbacks to it taking me far longer to level 30-38 than 38-50 back in 1.9 because of twinks. I died less while leveling in the Abyss than I did trying to do Morheim/Beluslan.

When I hit max level, I was dedicating some time of my day in Aion being in Morheim waiting for the twinks. And I remember when they came after low players RIGHT next to me, without fearing me... because inside their tiny heads, they have persuaded themselves of their unwritten rule that if you are past +9 levels of an enemy "you don't attack because it is not fair" or something. They were literally shocked when I would simply 1-shot kill them ruining their fun, of 1-shot killing the lowbies next to me! Then they would log in Asmodian alts just to use LFG and "bash" me for killing their twinks in an Asmodian land because of their own self written rules. They even pretended I was killing the fun of Aion... blatantly!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twinks may have hated it, but the rift buffs in 2.X made the game freaking playable, especially when they did the rotating on/off weeks later on. You could schedule when things were gonna be exceptionally hairy and when things were going to be more chill. I found it a decent balance/compromise for PvP in the home lands.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:46 PM, pena-EK said:

ty Aieryn i will think on it.thank you for your kindness.

Come to think of it, I'm GM of a Legion on DN in bad need of rebuilding. If your interested and willing to switch over to DN I could use the help. However, be forwarned: As Asmodians on DN you will be attacked, you will be ganked, etc., etc., etc., but that's Aion. I could make you an officer coming out of the gate and it would give you extra purpose and something to work toward. Its just a suggestion tho. No hard feelings if you decline as I know helping run a Legion is a big responsibility. I'm GM of a popular guild on SWTOR as well. Anyways, take your time and let me know what you decide.

I base out of Enshar and characters name is Jali if your interested.

9 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

And on top of that, EVERY twink pretended that twinking was not about an intentional low level perma geared character praying on poor ungeared levelers, but instead they wanted to fight vs other twinks!!!

And then when the Fast Track server was implemented, the levelers where in a safe zone now away from twinks, while the twinks could still easily rift to fight with their fellow enemy twinks and live their twink life... so everyone should be happy now right? Well it was the whistle blower when they complained they had nobody to kill now because of FT server made the real maps empty!

Ding Dong mthfkers... FT server had only the levelers, if you wanted twink vs twink fights, you could still do it up to 5.8, you simply wanted to go and kill ungeared low level players and pretend you have a reason to exist! Not to mention MOST if not all twinks were playing the two classes that had the gay hide skill so they could simply go, kill someone and vanish. 90% of the twinks were assassins and archers.

Death to twinking!

Oh my gosh!, lol, he, he, he, he. Thanks. Hurt my ribs laughing at that one. Oh I remember that well. I think we all do, lol, he, he, he.

The twink vs twink brigades, lol.

14 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

When I hit max level, I was dedicating some time of my day in Aion being in Morheim waiting for the twinks. And I remember when they came after low players RIGHT next to me, without fearing me... because inside their tiny heads, they have persuaded themselves of their unwritten rule that if you are past +9 levels of an enemy "you don't attack because it is not fair" or something. They were literally shocked when I would simply 1-shot kill them ruining their fun, of 1-shot killing the lowbies next to me! Then they would log in Asmodian alts just to use LFG and "bash" me for killing their twinks in an Asmodian land because of their own self written rules. They even pretended I was killing the fun of Aion... blatantly!

OMG! I did this, too! I went to Eltnen each morning with my coffee and gathered for metals, gems and petals. While I was there I would go to all the kisk spots and kill them. I would respond to any call of twinks. If I ran across an active rift, I would sit down with a private store that read something like, "No ganking babies while I am watching." For at least that hour or so in the morning, players could get their "Killing for Castor" quest done.

2 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

OMG!!! @Aly-DN why didnt you do that in Siel??? to finish the quests in that area for me was a nightmare thanks to the twinks :(

I was doing it on Siel, but I am an Asmodian. I would also go to help lowbies when they requested help against cancerous twinks. And at that time the majority of twinks were archer (a few were assassins) and sorcs had lvl 1 eye!

the worst part about those twinks was the trashtalk, they made fun of me they could kill me really easy, and at that time, didnt know what a twink was, i though they were low players like me, who were lvling and just wanted to do a little pvp. That really made me hate asmos for a long time that i started to call them assmoles :D

On 7/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Me too. But I think it's valid because it sends you all the way back to the start usually if you fail that glide! Siiiigh.

The quest I hated was that Asmo one out in Brusthonin, the campaign one, where you had to glide from a huge distance all the way and land on a geyser. Then repeat it like 5 more times. If you failed, you drowned. Took me like 3 hours to finish that quest the very first time, and I even had to look up a youtube video lol.

Er, not bragging here,...but,...I did this quest on my first try and actually landed on the ship perfectly in front of the pirate I had to kill to get what I needed from him.

Yes, in latter attempts I had a few close calls however this was usually a "bad timing" issue with the geysers. For which I quickly determined (on the 'Fly'  I might add - No pun intended) to just circle the geyser in question if and when this happened until I achieved the height I needed to move on (I usually had over 2 minutes of flight time by the time I got to this point through various sources, ie: manastones, wings themselves, etc., etc., etc.) which became second nature after the first few times this happened.

Sorry you had such trouble with this one.

I won't even comment on the other "glide quest" y'all mentioned for though I'd be telling the truth as I am here, it would probably sound like bragging if I do, lol.

5 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

the worst part about those twinks was the trashtalk, they made fun of me they could kill me really easy, and at that time, didnt know what a twink was, i though they were low players like me, who were lvling and just wanted to do a little pvp. That really made me hate asmos for a long time that i started to call them assmoles :D

I agree, their trashtalk was awful.

I think I actually watched a few of the Asmodians who took up for those leveling when this happened a few times. And I do have 1 Elyos and I know I saw this happen a few times out in the desert of Elthen when I was on her. I would have joined you but I too was one of those levelers at the time. My 1 Elyos characters name is Naterie so if ya saw her standing around watching, that was me. I created my 1 Elyos only for the purpose of experiencing Aion's story from both sides. I'm Asmodian and proud through and through and always will be. However, it is sometimes refreshing to get to see the story through your opponents eyes, so to speak. Once in a while that is, lol.

Archived