When I actually found out I didn't miss 3.0 or 4.0 but actually missing 5.x

Neleth-KT

Yeah I know I've been a great supporter of 3.0 but actually I found out I didn't miss that patch at all when I playing a private server.

Issues with private server such as
-You can't loot with C.
-Character creation in 3.0 is horrible a lot of bad texture hairs,bad lightning,too few hair styles.
-FPS capped with 60.
-No arrow on quest mobs or quest items.

So what I actually miss in 3.0 ?

-Farmable ancient spirit gears.
-Fabled grade kahrun skins.

Which both can easily put in shop.

Why I miss 5.x instead ?

-Luna craft with a lot of skins.
-You can afk luna for leveling.
-Tradable gears you don't have to go instances yourself.
-Essences that can be use as skill points to get new skills or enchant your skills.
-Ofc scrolls :P but this can be replaced with cheap transparent scrolls instead.

How I'll be happy with 6.x and 7.x

-Bring back tradable white gears.
-Bring back luna crafting skins.
-BCM Shop with all skins like before 6.x
-Cheap transparent scrolls.

I guess that's all I need :P

Respect to you for admitting you were wrong about your previous thinkings! A lot of people (including me sometimes) are unable to do that, especially publicly.

Despite the bad press, I really enjoyed 5.6 and 5.8. 5.6 was still a bit on the grindy side, but eh. I just wished they had made the ENTIRE maps of Norsvold and Iluma more relevant, similar to how all areas of Lakrum are relevant.

55 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Respect to you for admitting you were wrong about your previous thinkings! A lot of people (including me sometimes) are unable to do that, especially publicly.

Despite the bad press, I really enjoyed 5.6 and 5.8. 5.6 was still a bit on the grindy side, but eh. I just wished they had made the ENTIRE maps of Norsvold and Iluma more relevant, similar to how all areas of Lakrum are relevant.

Thank you very much for supporting  @Vantheria-DN,I was expecting the worst(As usually happened with most of my threads) didn't expected a support :)

Anyway I sent a email to support about what I want in 7.x

I told them to send this to their superior if you don't mind and agreed with me please help me send this to support too :D
I believed 2 ways request is better than just posting in forum :P

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

*snip*

These are good suggestions and ones that have been made multiple times by multiple people on the forums. I hope that @Cyan is watching and has sent these up to his superiors as well as you sending them to Support.

I wouldn't worry about what patch you miss as much, Neleth. It's different for every one of us. I miss 1.9, personally. Though that's probably because of the people I played with and the things we were doing rather than the patch itself. It's enough to say that just about every old Aion player misses one patch or another, but things change and we need to change along with them. Though some basic things should be available and your list isn't a bad one. I think I would add "more/better ways to get Fighting Spirit Marks" to that list and I am sure others would add other small things.

To be honest, i miss many things on 5.0 too.

Norsvold and iluma were awesome maps, the music was much better than 6.0 IMO. Too bad they didnt took advantage of that by creating  a model of game that wasnt so good.

On a second note, it seems to be very stupid for a company to waste money developing and creating stuff to be constantly removing from the game.

I have a lot of nostalgia about 3.X, but in fact I was a real noob, I wasn't geared at all, I didn't even know how to gear up properly, I used to suck at both pvp and pve, but also I had A LOT of fun with friends at that time, and that's what I miss the most, having a lot of ppl to play together at any time not caring about stats and ranks. And it was all about fun, no drama, no rage. It's not the patch itself that I miss, (although the patches that came after made all these friends decide to quit).

I also had a lot of fun during 4.X times, some of the friends from 3.X were still playing and I managed to meet other ppl, that kept playing with me until 5.X, but 4.X also had the best sieges and both pvp and pve were really fun.

Leveling to 75 was a pain, and a lot of ppl hated on 5.8, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. I managed to purify, enchant and socket my gear, collect a lot of skins and do a lot of pvp at Illuma and the eye event with friends. The farming was exhausting but was rewarding at least.

Now 6.X feels so boring. Only a few friends left to play with, pvp is not fun anymore cause everyone we face is either super geared or not geared at all. Pve is boring and doesn't feel rewarding since you must run the same instance over and over and over and never drop the pieces of gear you need (and even when it drops, you might lose on rolling dice to someone else). The events we're getting are also super boring and the rewards are too low for the effort of the farming... RNG on transformations is terrible (I play only with magic/caster classes: sm, cleric and sorc, and the legendary transforms I got so far were all the physical ones, Hamerun, Mastarius and Kromede, not a single transform that could be useful for casters), enchanting is also terrible, so I'm not even trying to purify my pvp gear to ultimate anymore.
I also agree on the suggestions about transparent scrolls, skins and fighting spirit fragments, but at this point I don't even have hopes to get any of these in time.

Honestly.

1. Luna skins/mounts 

2. Fighting Frags

3. 27,000 priced trans scrolls

I’ve always wanted to craft the death horse mount but never popped up..

this constant breezy furniture and dark/light skins are getting me real irritated tbh. If anything at all the variety of random luna skins/mounts made me want to login at least.

14 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Why I miss 5.x instead ?

-Luna craft with a lot of skins. AFK activity
-You can afk luna for leveling. AFK activity
-Tradable gears you don't have to go instances yourself.  AFK activity/events
-Essences that can be use as skill points to get new skills or enchant your skills. AFK events
-Ofc scrolls :P but this can be replaced with cheap transparent scrolls instead.  AFK events for scrolls

Have you noticed all your things you miss involved not even playing the game to get acquisition of the items?

Update 3.0:

• Sarpan and Tiamaranta is largely super-massive safe pads where Elyos and Asmodians cannot attack each other.
  • STR_TIP_BASIC070 - Tip: Tiamaranta's Eye is a disputed zone, where enemy players may attack.
  • Gearing up for PvP include two ways:
    • Crucible Arena gear (not the best): Participating in Arena of Discipline mainly. (Harmony is worthless if you cannot win)
      • Each of your character must pick up Arena tickets daily, and expires after 7 days
        • 1 Arena Ticket (Valid for Discipline 1v1 and Chaos FFA)
        • 1 Arena of Harmony Ticket (3v3, previously 2v2v2)
    • Mithril Medal Abyss gear (best):
      • Highest tier reward in Tiamaranta Sieges (Offense only, reverts to balaur 5 minutes before seige time)
        • Lower tiers reward Platinum Medals that are eligible for level 55 Abyss gear
      • Daily quest (limited number of repeats)
      • Weekly quests (Unlimited repeats)
      • Pray god to RNG when dumping your Platinum Medals into the fountain hoping for Mithril Medals

Update 4.0:

• Katalam / North Katalam and Danaria / South Katalam
    • Shared map similar to Lakrum
    • Open world PvP was all about waiting in safe zones and killing anyone venturing out of the safe pads
    • Several big safe zones in Katalak / North Katalam, in additional to the safe pads
    • For the main town of Danaria / South Katalam, despite being a disputed area, NPC guards will instantly kill anyone attempting to PK the other faction
    • 3 siege fortresses
    • Disputed flight zone (Aetherforging spot) in Danaria / South Katalam with 2 camps
    • Later updated raised all the safe pads, which can now be found in Lakrum
  • Gearing up for PvP include few ways:
    • Blood Mark gear (inferior)
      • Do weekly camp quests, similar to the Lakrum ones, but they took a long ass time to respawn (5-30 minutes)
    • Ceramium Medal Abyss gear (best)
      • Sieges (Lowest tiers rewarded Mithril Medals instead in early days)
      • Get S grade in solo instance (extremely hard)
      • Pray to RNG god when converting your Ceramium Fragments into Ceramium Medals
      • Crafting (Only available for certain crafting professions)
    • Balic gear Crafting
      • Requires 500+ proficiency in two different professions using two different characters
  • Composite Manastones introduced - Two different stats on one manastone
    • Major inventory space killer
    • Best combination stats are extremely rare and expensive

I'm glad that more people are realizing that just because they were happier during a certain patch, doesn't mean that version of Aion was actually the best. There have been so many quality of life improvements over the years that we all take for granted! :S I was most active during 5.0-5.8 and there are definitely things I miss (tradeable items/kinah, skins, guestblooms, certain maps, more instances and sieges with nuanced mechanics- just to name a few) but I know a lot of things in 5.0 were completely off the rails. Having to juggle mini xforms for everyone, upwards of +20 gear, essence cores, level reduction, coalitions, the crazy complex manastone system- geez, it was a crazy patch! It makes me appreciate how streamlined things like enchantment stones are in 6.0 (even if the success rates leave a lot to be desired ¬¬) and that gear has a very solid cap to it. I also love that I spend time all over Lakrum, flipping artifacts and pvping and questing and farming mobs! I just wish it was a bit... prettier. Illuma and Norsvold were so colourful and beautiful, I really got spoiled. 

Anyways, all that rambling aside! 6.0 has a lot going for it, and I agree with the suggestions mentioned here to make it a patch we enjoy more thoroughly. People love their customization, so implement cheaper/easier methods of acquiring Transparent scrolls, as well as way way way more skins, and everyone would be a whole lot happier. :P And the rates of failure with legendary and ultimate enchantment stones won't seem nearly so severe if we had some extra ways to get Fighting Spirit Fragments. Please and thank you~ 

On 7/8/2019 at 8:01 AM, Neleth-KT said:

11 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

People love their customization, so implement cheaper/easier methods of acquiring Transparent scrolls, as well as way way way more skins, and everyone would be a whole lot happier. :P

These people speak the truth!

2 hours ago, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

i miss dmg Sheba 12k =/ 

we were so happy at 5.8

PvP as its finest right?

When you could drop 40 to 60% of your enemy HP pool in half a second with a single skill.

Took me a long while to get used to fight ppl with sheba.

Something i don't think many ppl realized is that Enhanced Wolf of Death damage type was Elemental Fire so with with Balic food Sky Dragon and Fire Resist scroll you could reduce sheba dmg by 16%. Up to 22% with Fire Ring and Blessing of Rock.

Anyways minions were Retarded and a their introduction in 5.6 was really unfair, available for P2W only for several months until mid 5.8.

I guess many ppl quit during that time, was really frustrating.

Paralysis Godstones. Especially when used by dual wielding classes with high attack speed. (Offhand godstone have halved proc rates).

Since 6.0, level 76+ characters have +35% godstone resistance.

The newly revamped minions work similarly to godstones in the past, but the equivalent of a paralyze godstone did not return in this form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.x and earlier gears: +10 is not a safe zone. If enchantment fails at +10, it goes down to +9.

Also during 3.x and earlier, you had a whole bunch of different leveled stones eating away a huge chunk of your inventory space. When endgame gear was level 65 eternals, you needed level 95+ enchantment stones in order to get the best success rate for enchantment, which were very rare.

46 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Paralysis Godstones. Especially when used by dual wielding classes with high attack speed. (Offhand godstone have halved proc rates).

Since 6.0, level 76+ characters have +35% godstone resistance.

The newly revamped minions work similarly to godstones in the past, but the equivalent of a paralyze godstone did not return in this form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@TheSecretCowLeve-KT what setup you think it's better nowadays to maximize godstones procs.

Dual wield  two 5.8 swords. (For Higher amount of strikes)

Dual wield two 5.8 daggers (For Higher attack speed)

Dual wield 5.8 Dagger in Main Hand and 6.0 Dagger in off hand  (to minimize the stats lost that could affect Godstones like Magical Accuracy)

To have everything socketed with Precision and Magical Acc manstones could help ?

2 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

They won't proc in PvP because of the 35% godstone resistance of level 76+ players

Haven't tested their damage in PvE yet

Oh boy believe me they still proc i got godstone silenced a lot of times in 6.0 , 95% of the times by sins.

I even got binded with illusion godstone Behemoth's Binding once in arenas by cleric Raindeer,

and blinded with Fegion's trick by a templar in openworld .

Sometimes i change weapons to use +20 skills once doing duels i forget to switch back and procced a paralizys godstone vs SM stevenuniverse 

Every 10 minutes i switch to my tac offcer bow with ressurection skill and lot of times i forget to switch back, i have a strengthened Fregion's Stratagem with 10% bleeding and its amazing how much it proccs.  

And Valonte Strike does like 15k dmg in PvE

so going back to my question from the 3 setup wich one you think would work better?

14 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Oh boy believe me they still proc i got godstone silenced a lot of times in 6.0 , 95% of the times by sins.

Yeah, I've also had godstones proc on me in pvp. It doesn't happen nearly as often as it did in 5.x though, so that's good.

@Neleth-KT

So, lemmie get this straight: you miss laziness, laziness, more laziness, and ultimate laziness? Sounds like it with all the AFK activities you listed as HealingSquid pointed out. Sorry but to me it seems you only miss the fact you could get something for doing absolutely nothing.

Sorry to say this but that seems like a sad gaming existence to me.

As for myself, as many here know my fav was 4x - all of it even 4.8 so, to each their own. For now, we old timers must move on and learn new ways to enjoy Aion as new/old maps are added along with new storyline and most important to me, flying zones are added. It will take patience but Aion has given me soooooo much enjoyment over the last 10+ years that I think I can give a lil something back in the form of my patience and tolerance of a few bugs here and there with new patches.

How about y'all eh?

9 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Yeah, I've also had godstones proc on me in pvp. It doesn't happen nearly as often as it did in 5.x though, so that's good.

Oh I loved my sleeper/paralizing godstones on my Assassin and Gladiator. They got me out of many a Gankfest in Norvisvold, lol. In fact, my Assassin Mhoki developed somewhat of a reputation there, lol. In fact, she still wields the same dual daggers and same dual broadswords to this day. My Gladiator switches back and forth between a new polearm and the same dual broadswords. Those were fun times. 

In the passive skill "Boost Defense / Strengthen Defence Lv 1", the effects are:

• PVEDefendRatio +1000
  • PVPDefendRatio +1000
  • ProcReduceRate +35

So godstone resistance for level 76+ characters should be 3.5% (not 35%)?

Looking at a now-removed skill called "Boost Godstone Resistance / Increase Godstone Resistance Lv 1", it has the effects of

• ProcReduceRate +2 (2 per enchant) - i.e. +0.2% with additional +0.2% per enchantment

Things that were bad in 5.8 were

1) everything was enchantable past +15
2) Deleted maps in 5.0+
3) Godsontes playing the biggest role on pvp outcome, favoring dual weapon users.

Other than that, 5.x was the most free feeling patch ever, everything was tradeable, everything was possible, sure thing leveling was hard but it was doable.

~~

And in every patch the problem is a brokenc class that doesn't die or kills people with 1 second burst. But that was not exclusive to 5.8

8 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Godstones playing the biggest role on pvp outcome, favoring dual weapon users.

Other than that, 5.x was the most free feeling patch ever, everything was tradeable, everything was possible, sure thing leveling was hard but it was doable.

Hey, when your only level 66 and constantlty being ganked by multiple level 70-75's while just trying to level? There were times I thought my sleeper/paralizing Godstones DID come from God, lol. It got to where I wouldn't take a character to Norvisvold UNLESS she had her sleeper Godstone/s because I reeeeeaaaallly hate Bullies and that was my time to shine while teaching them a lesson.

And here's a piece of advice: NEVER try and gank me in mid air unless theres a lot, and I mean, a lot of you. I will outfly you and you will lose no matter what my level is, lol (though all characters are lvl 80 now) he, he. I give this advice only because it seems some flying zones are returning.

Archived