When I actually found out I didn't miss 3.0 or 4.0 but actually missing 5.x

Neleth-KT

That's bad when people miss 5x. That mess was horrible. Quit your job and become homeless just to make it to level 75 in less than a year. I enjoyed Aion pre 4.8, back before they deleted 2 of the most awesome world pvp maps I have ever been on in any game. Why they would do that still baffles me to this day. Don't you just hate when the world blows up and all your favorite places to go are gone?

20 minutes ago, Raiuken-KT said:

That's bad when people miss 5x. That mess was horrible. Quit your job and become homeless just to make it to level 75 in less than a year. I enjoyed Aion pre 4.8, back before they deleted 2 of the most awesome world pvp maps I have ever been on in any game. Why they would do that still baffles me to this day. Don't you just hate when the world blows up and all your favorite places to go are gone?

How are you going to play Aion if you are homeless ? Keep your computer in the van ?

On the rest I have to agree. Well, at least Katalan is coming back.

Opinions are opinions, and everything is subjective but for me 3.0 was the absolute best patch Aion has ever had and gave me the most good memories of playing Aion as well as frustrating days as well like getting ganked when leveling, but here's why 3.0 was the best.

Playerbase -Siel had so many players then, and any game with a lot of players is a good thing, the community is alive, lots of chances to make friends, be social etc.....

Broker prices - The broker prices in 3.0 was really cheap to about how they are currently. 4.0 everything like skins skyrocketed in price like up to 200mil for a lot of costumes.

Rifting - For me, rifting/pvp was the best thing about Aion as well as one of the most frustrating things about Aion outside of manastone socketing which made many quit.

Pride  between the two factions

abyss wars whether western shard, or forts

hard instances.... As hard as they were, I miss that. Now instances are cupcakes and are jokes.

Maps/Areas..... I miss all those old areas that I leveled through and got so many memories of. Eltnen  being the map I miss the most, and then Katalam, too bad they are all gone, even Veteron, I loved it, so many memories.

Abyss point system - Way better than any other system they tried, or have done. Only if they could have reset every 3 months to zero, and start all over on ranking system, would have been perfect.

Sarpan duels...... Pretty good entertainment at night on the weekends and stuff, they drew quite a crowd sometimes.

I don't miss the old manastone socketing format, that was terrible. I also hated the RNG of getting gear drops from instances that took you hours to do only to walk away empty handed. Those are the two worse things about Aion 3.0

Aion 4.0 was the next best patch  with all the new costumes, and classes. Only thing I didn't like about  4.0 was the change to the GP system, and influx of hackers compared to previous patches. Also gear dictated a lot of things in terms of PvP VS Skill.

After 4.0, or should I say 4.5? Whenever they introduced Cygnea, everyone quit. Removing Katalam and Danaria was the worse decision they ever made.   I'm convinced if they had not removed those maps, the games playerbase or for siel at least would have still been pretty big for a few more years until maybe 2017 at least. It is what it is. 

I could tell many stories from leveling experiences, pvp experiences, social experiences during the times of 3.0 and 4.0. I don't think any new patch would create memories like that. You got from 1 to what, 80 in a day? You coast through instances solo now with a group....... Times have changed.

After 4.0, or should I say 4.5? Whenever they introduced Cygnea, everyone quit. Removing Katalam and Danaria was the worse decision they ever made.   I'm convinced if they had not removed those maps, the games playerbase or for siel at least would have still been pretty big for a few more years until maybe 2017 at least. It is what it is. 

@WinBoat-KT, GP was introduced on 4.5, the AP->GP quest was introduced on 4.7 I think, and Enshar/Cygnea was introduced on 4.8.

The point is Aion used to be an awesome game, remember when you had to craft your own extendibles. And you felt so good when you finally did it, because then you could go round beating people's asses that used to kite you? This game used to be awesome, what happened? They did so many changes to my stigmas, I logged in one day and was just lost, how do I get my stigmas now?nyerk it. Game is rubbish now. Oh shit, I have to pay money to upgrade my stigmas now? Suck my ass.

Archived