So this happened..

Aly-DN

So I logged into Aion and, after doing the 10 kill quest, my legion decides to do a legion run for PF. There were a couple of people in the group with good gear, another couple with decent gear, someone really working on gear and an alt with no gear. A couple of us were out and about when the group was formed, so we went right to PF and took the artifact next to it and waited for the others. Apparently there were a bunch of Elyos hanging around outside of Archon, because some of the group couldn't make it to us and had to go around. While we were standing there an Elyos runs right at us, fears us and makes a break for PF. Our templar yanks them back and we kill them. We might have killed another Elyos, but tbh I can't remember. We stand around for another minute or so waiting on the last members of the group and enter as soon as they arrive. Leather drops and ofc we don't have any leather. Typical PF run.

Later I check the forums to see what is happening here and find this in my mailbox..

2keXSbM.png

Does this nyerk happen to anyone else or am I just lucky? What goes through someone's mind that makes them think that hate-mail is the appropriate response to getting killed in a PvP area?

What has happened to me is that by killing a few asmos, some of them log into their elys and start telling me about nonsense, that if I killed them in one of their alters, they will login to their main and that they will nyerk me (I really have been told that), to which i just simply reply please do it fast, because i still need to kill X asmos to finish the daily quests in each area. Always in the game, never in the forum.

I've gotten hate whispers from people when I'm minding my own business PvEing (I keep to myself and don't talk at all aside from simple "Hi, Thank you, Bye" interactions), so somehow this isn't surprising. DN-E are a "special" kind of toxic. I wouldn't think too much into it; it's clearly someone that gets all their validation through in-game achievements and virtual power.

But hey, since they stooped to that level, all the better. Documented evidence of harassment that's easily tracked. Report and hope Cyan or someone else does something about it. We don't need that nonsense here or in-game.

Remember when you'd get hate comments on your online profile back when NCsoft had that feature?

Good times.

I managed to get them, and I sucked at PvP.

10 years, Aion players. Please don't ever change. Salt makes things taste better.

Aly, remember when we were waiting for a camp to flip in Danaria back when the safe pads were still ground level, and some cleric accused us of hacking because they stepped off the pad during their potato on/off pad thing and someone (I think Ahdol?) yanked them and we killed them, and they called us hackers? That was fun.

rubbish talk in game doesn't take any time, you know? It's spur of the moment or it's prepared and translated phrases. It's rarely personal. I did once have a couple of people camp my body for 5 minutes and yell, "Go back to the forums!". But that was a "special" case.

This person logged into the forums and typed up a message! Tons of time to think about it and think, "Nah. It's not that big of a deal. I really shouldn't do this."

15 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

10 years, Aion players. Please don't ever change. Salt makes things taste better.

DUDuuvt.gif

9 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Tons of time to think about it and think, "Nah. It's not that big of a deal. I really shouldn't do this."

To be fair, anyone that rages that hard probably has a difficult time exercising logic...

And setting aside whining and playing victims here, what's your point?
People rage all the time. You killed someone who thought you were camping the entrance (which isn't anything unheard of) and he wanted to "send a message" as lame as that is.
Get over it and don't flood the forums.

3 hours ago, Celestianos-KT said:

Flood, flood,.......................fllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddd. Flood, flood, glurb, glurb. 

I will call down the flood, er, or floods..........

This is an example of a useless post. Not what Aly's talking about k? Yes we've all been there. But sometimes it helps to vent.

2 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

b886ew5.gif

Now this I got a good laugh over, lol.

3 hours ago, Celestianos-KT said:

The game and (by extension) this forum, are both starved for content. Threads and posts of any kind (including "useless" ones) are probably welcome by people that want to keep the place alive.

You could also take your own advice and simply not post on content you dislike. Or are we all just flooding this place?

15 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

The game and (by extension) this forum, are both starved for content. Threads and posts of any kind (including "useless" ones) are probably welcome by people that want to keep the place alive.

You could also take your own advice and simply not post on content you dislike. Or are we all just flooding this place?

Amen - at the risk of sounding uselessly religious, lol. Must be those @$#%'s affecting me again, lol, he, he, he.

Archived