Well, constructive criticism (Thank Say)

Hoarror-KT

To Cyan, Gideon and Hime

I’d like to explain the current situation of Aion in comparison to previous Aion updates and will predominantly use 5.8 as it was the most recent and had the best events, please do remember these virtual items cost you nothing to implement and make the playerbase happy, most of the items I will mention in the reward list below are NOT OBTAINABLE via in game means besides events.

Aion is one of those games where having fun events that are generously rewarding is the reason the game is enjoyable to the vast majority, and completing other content is just something else to do along with PvP instances. Towards the end of 5.8 with the end of the world event and Smoldering fire temple were the best events that I can remember recently, you guys had even stated the rewards would be more generous than previous events, I’m sure you can be aware how much people farmed to get rewarded with items going into the next update and the positive feedback following it, however after 6.2 the events declined to be next to meaningless, and in roughly 2 weeks you could maybe get 1-2 enchantment stones and the “rubbish items” were meant to be useful during 5.8, not now as opposed to the end of the world event where you could use ALT characters to spam the event and receive maybe 100 tempering solutions a week, which back then was enough to enchant all 7 accessories to +8 or 9 if you’re lucky, which was considered above average gear for the time.

Now during 6.7, I have enchanted every item to Ultimate +15 and it took me 500 legendary PvP enchantment stones and 100 ultimate, which takes an extreme amount of time, money and effort to do without events and is almost on the point of impossible for some, The next events should resemble what we had during the end of the world event, its about that time where we will get 7.0 soon and everyone should be able to catch up on gear going into the next ‘gear reset’ (keep in mind I myself have reached the gear cap and am still asking for others to be able to catchup) I will suggest events and rewards and why they are so needed and impossible to get in game.

The 4 major items NEEDED in LARGE quantities are; Abyss points, Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP enchantment stones, Spirit fragments and Manastones.

-          Abyss points are easy for one reason; they can be farmed in game in a reasonable time frame with the help of ap boost events such as the one we just had (200% ap boost).

-          Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP stones are not nearly as accessible as Omega enchantment stones and Tempering solutions were in 5.8 events, and many more of them are needed (e.g. 500 Legendary, 100 Ultimate for 17 items +5-15)

-          Spirit fragments; This item is right now one of the biggest problems, in order to make 1000 of these at the current broker price of 50,000 kinah per ‘Ancient Guiding Stone’ it will cost 950million kinah, which is not very easily obtained following the release of 6.2 if at all. To upgrade 17 items from legendary grade to ultimate grade it costs 4500 spirit fragments.

-          Manastones were a very common item in 5.8 with SELECTABLE +12 manastone bundles and currently the only way to get those were to have them saved from the 5.8 update and you need roughly 100 Manastones to complete an entire set of 17 items.

The following events should not continue to be like what we have now, where you open a box at the end of the instance, giving you currency to buy a singular item at an npc. Events should return to be like Daeva Dash or Smoldering Fire temple which were community favorite events based on the fact you can loot a box at the end of the instance which would give you USEFUL ITEMS for finishing it, rather than nothing until you complete the instance for example; 6 times for enough tokens to buy X. The main problem is all of these items I will list are needed in large quantities and the easiest way is events. (please keep in mind all of these items are virtual and don’t cost you anything to make the players happy)

Minor/rubbish rewards:

-          Spirit fragment x 25

-          Spirit fragment x 50

-          Selectable level 80 Manastone Bundle

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 100

-          Ancient kibrium x 100

Mid-tier rewards:

-          Spirit Fragment x100

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x 5

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x 10

-          Ultimate PvP enchantment stone x 3

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 250

-          Ancient Kibrium x 250

-          Event Skin (?)

-          Legendary Manastone bundle (selectable)

-          Ultimate Manastone bundle (selectable)

Greater rewards:

-          Spirit Fragment x 300

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x15

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x20

-          Ultimate PvP enchantment stone x 5

-          Ultimate Anomos Weapon Box (selectable) same as we had provenance weapon box

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 1000

-          Ancient Kibrium x 100

-          Ultimate Manastone bundle x 3

-          Legendary Manastone bundle x 3

I logged in tonight to do siege, took a short break to craft some ultimate pvp stones. Crafted them and they all failed on my legendary pvp gear. 

To Cyan, Gideon and Hime

I’d like to explain the current situation of Aion in comparison to previous Aion updates and will predominantly use 5.8 as it was the most recent and had the best events, please do remember these virtual items cost you nothing to implement and make the playerbase happy, most of the items I will mention in the reward list below are NOT OBTAINABLE via in game means besides events.

Aion is one of those games where having fun events that are generously rewarding is the reason the game is enjoyable to the vast majority, and completing other content is just something else to do along with PvP instances. Towards the end of 5.8 with the end of the world event and Smoldering fire temple were the best events that I can remember recently, you guys had even stated the rewards would be more generous than previous events, I’m sure you can be aware how much people farmed to get rewarded with items going into the next update and the positive feedback following it, however after 6.2 the events declined to be next to meaningless, and in roughly 2 weeks you could maybe get 1-2 enchantment stones and the “rubbish items” were meant to be useful during 5.8, not now as opposed to the end of the world event where you could use ALT characters to spam the event and receive maybe 100 tempering solutions a week, which back then was enough to enchant all 7 accessories to +8 or 9 if you’re lucky, which was considered above average gear for the time.

Now during 6.7, I have enchanted every item to Ultimate +15 and it took me 500 legendary PvP enchantment stones and 100 ultimate, which takes an extreme amount of time, money and effort to do without events and is almost on the point of impossible for some, The next events should resemble what we had during the end of the world event, its about that time where we will get 7.0 soon and everyone should be able to catch up on gear going into the next ‘gear reset’ (keep in mind I myself have reached the gear cap and am still asking for others to be able to catchup) I will suggest events and rewards and why they are so needed and impossible to get in game.

The 4 major items NEEDED in LARGE quantities are; Abyss points, Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP enchantment stones, Spirit fragments and Manastones.

-          Abyss points are easy for one reason; they can be farmed in game in a reasonable time frame with the help of ap boost events such as the one we just had (200% ap boost).

-          Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP stones are not nearly as accessible as Omega enchantment stones and Tempering solutions were in 5.8 events, and many more of them are needed (e.g. 500 Legendary, 100 Ultimate for 17 items +5-15)

-          Spirit fragments; This item is right now one of the biggest problems, in order to make 1000 of these at the current broker price of 50,000 kinah per ‘Ancient Guiding Stone’ it will cost 950million kinah, which is not very easily obtained following the release of 6.2 if at all. To upgrade 17 items from legendary grade to ultimate grade it costs 4500 spirit fragments.

-          Manastones were a very common item in 5.8 with SELECTABLE +12 manastone bundles and currently the only way to get those were to have them saved from the 5.8 update and you need roughly 100 Manastones to complete an entire set of 17 items.

The following events should not continue to be like what we have now, where you open a box at the end of the instance, giving you currency to buy a singular item at an npc. Events should return to be like Daeva Dash or Smoldering Fire temple which were community favorite events based on the fact you can loot a box at the end of the instance which would give you USEFUL ITEMS for finishing it, rather than nothing until you complete the instance for example; 6 times for enough tokens to buy X. The main problem is all of these items I will list are needed in large quantities and the easiest way is events. (please keep in mind all of these items are virtual and don’t cost you anything to make the players happy)

Minor/rubbish rewards:

Mid-tier rewards:

Greater rewards:

-          Ultimate Anomos Weapon Box (selectable) same as we had provenance weapon box

I'm really surprised that Cyans even deleted the Original Post. That wasn't nice. It feels like you are penalized for voicing out your opinion as a player who likes the game and wants to see the game thrive.

Edit: Please don't spam. The post made by @Say-KT is really good and also reflects the love he has for the game which is a rare sight.

It speaks volumes that all posts were removed and not one was left. All this event means is that my play time and a few others of my friends is max 40 minutes and all of it is afking for luna.

Thank you for making me play Aion less and focus on better games.

That is your feedback.

5 hours ago, AOEzy-KT said:

Minor/rubbish rewards:

Mid-tier rewards:

Greater rewards:

This is the peak of frustration @Cyan. As you can see the reward amount here are so unrealistic due to the pent up frustration of being ignored. These types of rewards are needed to enhance Aion since currently the core gameplay features you have changed has improved the situation only for those who bot it seems. 

While i disagree with many of the amounts it is hard...no wait impossible to disagree that all these materials listed would not help improve the Aion gameplay situation. Adding them in to choice event rewards at a reasonable price and fair amount for said price seems like a fair and valid complaint by the player base. 

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is the peak of frustration @Cyan. As you can see the reward amount here are so unrealistic due to the pent up frustration of being ignored. These types of rewards are needed to enhance Aion since currently the core gameplay features you have changed has improved the situation only for those who bot it seems. 

While i disagree with many of the amounts it is hard...no wait impossible to disagree that all these materials listed would not help improve the Aion gameplay situation. Adding them in to choice event rewards at a reasonable price and fair amount for said price seems like a fair and valid complaint by the player base. 

It’s not even unrealistic for a few reasons; mainly the fact the one reason 1x or 3x omega/tempering was acceptable is because of the 50+ alts you can use to spam events, now the enchantment stones would be untraceable and useless on those alts, meaning 1-3 stones would be almost useless unless it was per a per day guaranteed reward. It’s also almost the end of the patch, it costs nothing to supplement players with virtual items they won’t even let us buy on the bcm to prepare for another gear reset, where all the items are needed for a 2nd time. If you can catch onto this gear reset trend since 5.3 you will see why it’s so hard for a new player to return to the game. 5.3 gear was purified into 5.8 commander gear you then enchanted to +25 with EVENTS and that +25 gear gave you ultimate gear for 6.2, which if you +15’d by now turns into 7.0 gear, the list will go on for future updates too. If they won’t let us buy enchantment stones or materials on the bcm, at least offer them in large quantities in events since it’s quite clear they don’t want to make money off of those items or they could like omega/temperings, maybe if some people didn’t cry about paying to win all day on the forums these items would be more accessible to you all lol..

I had not seen Say's original post, so thank you for re-posting it.

It's pretty disheartening to know that 7.0 is around the corner and I'm still in half-purple pvp gear -- and I know I'm actually better off than a lot of people who still have some/all ancient pieces! I am SO fortunate to have three legendary transforms, and good ones that I actually can use on my toons, but so many people are still running around in ancient or even green transforms. I have to run down undergeared people in pve gear with their green/gold transforms to complete my daily 20gp quest/weekly 40 fragments quest and it makes me feel SO gross. I hate it. It's actually a relief when someone more geared than me kills me because it assuages some of my guilt from the CoE-geared person I just 3-shot. What kind of game is this?

Despite the amount of times that we've made NCsoft WELL aware of this fact, we continue to receive Berdin's Stars and 1 mil kinah in events.

We've told them so many times... Not sure what else we can do at this point. It's a bit upsetting considering how much we all love this game (and we must since we stick around despite the problems).

I understand everyone has feedback, but spamming the forums in this manner is not constructive in the slightest.

@Cyan are you for real? I mean it. You can't possibly be serious.

We are telling you how to make the game experience better to, at very least, try to stop the bleeding, but it doesn't seem that you care at fking all. Do those complaints actually make it to @Gideon? If they do, then there is no hope whatsoever.

Whats the point of censoring  the forums? If you guys (Ncsoft and questionable staff) arent going to do anything to give a better experience and help the players.

People been complaining about drop rates (Shame on you  for nerfing it so hard on craft materiel farming), kinah economy (broker= kinah sink and not enough ways to make kinah), enchantment rng (Some have it worse than others). You guys arent really doing anything to ease our frustration and just simply ignore us when we try to be polite and give our concerns.

People would not be talking about same thing if there wasnt a problem, is that really spam?

I gave my feedback but I have yet to see any changes to done on some issues and its been long time. (I doubt they will happen soon or at all..)

3 hours ago, Say-KT said:

It’s not even unrealistic for a few reasons; mainly the fact the one reason 1x or 3x omega/tempering was acceptable is because of the 50+ alts you can use to spam events, now the enchantment stones would be untraceable and useless on those alts, meaning 1-3 stones would be almost useless unless it was per a per day guaranteed reward. It’s also almost the end of the patch, it costs nothing to supplement players with virtual items they won’t even let us buy on the bcm to prepare for another gear reset, where all the items are needed for a 2nd time. If you can catch onto this gear reset trend since 5.3 you will see why it’s so hard for a new player to return to the game. 5.3 gear was purified into 5.8 commander gear you then enchanted to +25 with EVENTS and that +25 gear gave you ultimate gear for 6.2, which if you +15’d by now turns into 7.0 gear, the list will go on for future updates too. If they won’t let us buy enchantment stones or materials on the bcm, at least offer them in large quantities in events since it’s quite clear they don’t want to make money off of those items or they could like omega/temperings, maybe if some people didn’t cry about paying to win all day on the forums these items would be more accessible to you all lol..

If they are not listening the current advice players are giving to them and backing it up by being a current spending players, Do you think they listened to the advice from those complaining they want less p2w and spent nothing? No.

50 alt strategy was the worst thing to ever happen to this game. This gives you 2 choices. Be a big spender or run 50 alts there is no in-between. If you fall in-between you have no one to play with as your not geared enough to play at a geared level and you have no choice but to wait for players to finish events before you can enjoy the game content which never happens if you have 50 alts with stacked events. 

Mid-Late 5.X was not exactly in a great spot PvP wise when i came back to the game i always saw the same few people asking in LFG please que up for golden arena so that those who enjoy the content can get a pop. If the 50 alt strategy helped so much then people would of eventually start to PvP. Yet when i came back it seemed like the exact opposite.

Are players currently participating in dredge/ID/EC or is it just an Alt queing fest to get ready for 7.0 still?  Maybe this situation has improved it has been a while since i last attempted an LFG group/pre-made due to almost every time i did it we had no enemies. 

What we need is an Abyss Point NPC that sells these materials this way winning even if you get real opponents becomes worth participating for at least 1 fight to gauge your opponent.  Not only does it make running everything worth it but it also makes it a viable way to gear up alts which for many will mean playing with other people making a positive outcome for the community.. 

A change like this aligns with all players and it also aligns with the companies vision/producers letter. Those who want to pay to progress faster can spam mine with abyss stars. Those who play the game can get rewarded for doing so and those who AFK can continue to afk PvP arena's. Give the Abyss Point NPC everything you need to progress through PvP gear. From guiding stones to kibrium all the way through to PvP stones. 

Below is a random rant totally pointless to the post/thread.

In-case you want to bring up the point where they are allowed to change reward tables but not allowed to change gameplay features. Sorry but we do not know if NCsoft have specifically said to NCwest no Fragments allowed in events. Unless you get leaked information that no one else is privy to you can not expect everyone on the forums to assume NCwest tells you what NCsoft allows to be on the loot table. You just make assumptions like the rest of us. 

Tbh for all we know NCwest may of been told by NCsoft that if you are to add PvP progression items to events they have to be 5x more expensive than everything else or have below a .2% chance of obtaining in event RNG boxes. Then NCwest just do not bother adding them in because that would cause an even bigger uproar than not having them in.

This letter should be looked at as a necessity for game health and growth in terms of retaining some new players rather than constructive criticism.  Events are the least difficult way to add the consumables new and veteran players need to progress.  NCwest and any other publisher for other regions of aion have full control over what rewards they put in events and items in the cash shop.  

The current and future patches are fully designed around the cash shop and events.  Asking for custom content just isn't viable.  Events are easy and add some flavour to the routine of the game.  

@Cyan

To majority of players who are still playing and paying - just move on from this game.

Some time ago, I was trying to bring to NCWest attention regarding many issues and how this game could be better - no results, not worth the effort.

"A fish rots from the head down"

It’s obvious the ncwest team just doesn’t play aion anymore. This idea that we should progress through game content (which is skeleton thin btw) proves it. Aion is now built around its bcm. Progression is predicated on having a large supply of stones and fragments which would take way too long to obtain and even then guarantees nothing. You can watch months of savings pissed away in 5 minutes and you end up having gained nothing at the end of the day. The core game design forces you to buy. But what happens when you have management who doesn’t want to sell you the supply? A population that is still struggling to gear itself even with 7.0 not far off. 80% of the population won’t even get the chance to enjoy being max geared before being thrown into having to redo it all over again and that takes a toll on people, making them quit. Ncwest is better off just making it all available on the bcm, REASONABLY priced. Put stuff in bundles and sell them at special prices, whatever. They can get creative but they can’t stay on this point of view of not putting stuff in bcm and not giving this stuff in events.

Selling those items on the BCM is still going to create the same situation as now. The people who don't spend real money will still suffer because they will need to have large amounts of kinah to buy the items on the broker that the paying people put there. You will still needs lots of kinah and if still doesn't guarantee that you will progress in anyway due to rng. Like Healingsquid  was stating it would be 5.0x patches all over again where the people who spent money had commander +25 and over sets and everyone else in prime guardian gear because enchanting your item over +15 was a nightmare and you needed a lot of omegas unless you were lucky. I too saw in those patches people constantly posting on LFG for people to join Gold arena and even 1 vs 1 arenas etc. Simple fact is we need actual ideas that will help everyone. No one wants to fight anyone, including someone the same class as them and you do 560 damage to their 3k damage.

I think people need to come to grips with the fact that aion is no longer subscription based. Everything is monetized in the Korean version. Progression is based on it. I understand why ncwest doesn’t want to put it all in events because at that point, people won’t even bother to play the game, they will just do events and then afk so what would be the point. You’re just playing Events: The Game. Make it affordable. If people don’t want to pay well then this is probably not the game for you anymore.

You are correct when you say everything is monetized in the korean version, but always been that way.

Nevertheless, certain things are dosed like never before and that is a good thing. Long time ago all you had to do was buy EB scrolls and find a group, and pretty much all you needed was there, and mind you, this was considered by many a golden age.

in this version you are supposed to craft and farm in the open world(because the entries in pve/pvp are not enough for you to gear fully), but many people dont like doing that and arent doing it. 

The solution is not temporary events, but increase in the rates and the rewards for those instances, like stones and ap.

They can put it all in the cash shop for all I care, if they monetize it right - which they probably wouldn't because of stupidity. AND MAKE EVERYTHING IN THE CASH SHOP BROKERABLE. All the way up to legendary transformation contracts (not selectable because that would be kinda meh). Legendary PVP Enchants, Minions, Fighting Spirits even.

Archived