Well, constructive criticism (Thank Say)

Hoarror-KT

I don't think it's what Say said that got all the posts removed, it was how others were relaying their support of what he said.

I checked in Tuesday night to look at the maint thread and there were already dozens of reposts to the point that the thread was unreadable. And Say's words were lost in that, shown by how Cyan deleted all the copies -and- the original.

That the community isn't being heard is not in doubt. So there is a break down somewhere. Ideas go from the forums to Cyan to Gideon and then to devs in Korea. (There may be some steps between Gideon and the devs which we aren't aware of.) If you believe that Cyan isn't picking the ideas up from the forums, you could send him a message.. and I am talking a single message. To lend wait to it you could add signatures of main accounts at the bottom or in an attachment. This way he gets one post and still has the weight of many people agreeing. If you think the problem is that the messages aren't getting from Cyan to Gideon, you could send the message directly to Gideon. And so on. Or one person (Say?) could post on an official NCWest social media account and then just let players post in reply that they agree. (Again.. don't spam the message over and over.)

@Cyan Gideon and hime all received direct messages about the issue with that letter a month ago.  Nothing was acknowledged or even seemed to be opened and read(DM) 

Cyan also received a message directly to his discord regarding this matter over a month ago. 

The issue is known and has had zero  response besides locking and silencing players obvious concern and interest in the health and enjoyment of this game. 

53 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I don't think it's what Say said that got all the posts removed, it was how others were relaying their support of what he said.

I checked in Tuesday night to look at the maint thread and there were already dozens of reposts to the point that the thread was unreadable. And Say's words were lost in that, shown by how Cyan deleted all the copies -and- the original.

That the community isn't being heard is not in doubt. So there is a break down somewhere. Ideas go from the forums to Cyan to Gideon and then to devs in Korea. (There may be some steps between Gideon and the devs which we aren't aware of.) If you believe that Cyan isn't picking the ideas up from the forums, you could send him a message.. and I am talking a single message. To lend wait to it you could add signatures of main accounts at the bottom or in an attachment. This way he gets one post and still has the weight of many people agreeing. If you think the problem is that the messages aren't getting from Cyan to Gideon, you could send the message directly to Gideon. And so on. Or one person (Say?) could post on an official NCWest social media account and then just let players post in reply that they agree. (Again.. don't spam the message over and over.)

Soon it's going to look like I'm harassing you, but it's not like that. I swear.

You have got to stop being so naive, though. What just happened proves that they read stuff, but don't care to the point of not letting us know what they think about it or if it has been sent up to KR or not. I know that @Cyan once said that if not is being told is because there is no news about it, but for real???! At this freaking state of the game? I refuse to believe that. Just give management over to Gameforge and be done with this bs.

They need to let us know wtf is going on. Why tf can't KR change craft mats to be account bound? Why can't we get a better gaming experience and progression? If they don't want to give us stuff in events, then increase rewards from instances and sieges, more fragments breaking PVP gear and drops in general. Give us enjoyment instead of frustration when trying to progress.

I don't think that you are harassing me, @KonkersGG-EK. It's fine if you feel that I am naive. It's just that I have been around Aion for almost 10 years. I have seen players bring change to the game and I have seen players be ignored. I have a sense of what works or might work and what won't. Spamming Say's post (which was rather long) several dozens times marginalizes what he is trying to say. That's for certain. I was trying to suggest ways that have worked in the past so that his words can be heard. @Noonga-KT says that Say wrote to Cyan, Hime and Gideon already and received no response. That strikes me as weird as a thoughtful message to Cyan usually receives a response. It was the same message posted on the forums? Hmm. Maybe collect signatures to give it more weight than just one player's words?

As to why Korea told the staff that they couldn't account bind crafting mats.. I don't know and we aren't likely to know the whys. We were just told that they can't for "various" reasons. I agree that's BS. We've found work arounds for passing mats to other characters but it's far from easy and results in the loss of kinah, which is already harder to acquire.

All types of players have been very clear what we would like to see in game. So far, very little of that has materialized. I totally agree that communication between the game and the players is at an all time low. I would also like to see that change. I'm just pointing out what will absolutely not work since it hasn't in the past.

38 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I don't think that you are harassing me, @KonkersGG-EK. It's fine if you feel that I am naive. It's just that I have been around Aion for almost 10 years. I have seen players bring change to the game and I have seen players be ignored. I have a sense of what works or might work and what won't. Spamming Say's post (which was rather long) several dozens times marginalizes what he is trying to say. That's for certain. I was trying to suggest ways that have worked in the past so that his words can be heard. @Noonga-KT says that Say wrote to Cyan, Hime and Gideon already and received no response. That strikes me as weird as a thoughtful message to Cyan usually receives a response. It was the same message posted on the forums? Hmm. Maybe collect signatures to give it more weight than just one player's words?

As to why Korea told the staff that they couldn't account bind crafting mats.. I don't know and we aren't likely to know the whys. We were just told that they can't for "various" reasons. I agree that's BS. We've found work arounds for passing mats to other characters but it's far from easy and results in the loss of kinah, which is already harder to acquire.

All types of players have been very clear what we would like to see in game. So far, very little of that has materialized. I totally agree that communication between the game and the players is at an all time low. I would also like to see that change. I'm just pointing out what will absolutely not work since it hasn't in the past.

Well, it sure got his attention I guess? Yet he didn't say anything about the post itself. A simple "Ok, I heard you guys, we will see if it's possible, I'll get back to you on this". Anything really. I can't believe he has nothing to say about it already.

Edit:

Not specifically about the ideas of rewards that were in the post, but usefull rewards overall.

Archived