Forums

CoE Shugo?

Suspense-KT

COE_1.png

I managed 5 skill books yesterday but as you can see, I am still missing the COE skill.  I think what he means is the shugo was removed from COE, not the game obviously but clearly they don't seem to have a handle on whats going on in their updates and changes.  Its ridiculous that I can farm ALL my other skills and still not have a COE shugo.

10 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

the ancient shugo is obsolete now with 6.5 as theres a legendary version of that skill with an extra effect. you nor anyone else need that skill.

But this was the one skill that you knew you could get easily. It was most people's first (and often only!) skill when they first hit 80.

Removing it prior to 7.x was a really poor decision. The fact that it was removed and wasn't communicated to the community was even worse.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

But this was the one skill that you knew you could get easily. It was most people's first (and often only!) skill when they first hit 80.

Removing it prior to 7.x was a really poor decision. The fact that it was removed and wasn't communicated to the community was even worse.

It was not as much as most peoples first, as it was most peoples only skill, considering how hard it was to get others. now you get a legendary, including a better version of that one on the first week.

13 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

It was not as much as most peoples first, as it was most peoples only skill, considering how hard it was to get others. now you get a legendary, including a better version of that one on the first week.

I know it's a lot easier to get legendary skills now, but there's still so much RNG involved. It's totally possible for people to get repeats of the same skill every week, or be missing the improved version of the ancient skill. And I'm sure it varies from class to class, but for example, as a cleric I would rather use the ancient "Divine Thunder" skill (aoe stun+damage) instead of the legendary "Crashing Thunder" (x3 activation, single target, no stun), if I was still missing the improved variant, "Rolling Thunder" (longer aoe stun+more damage yay). 

And the ancient skillbooks are super useful for combination purposes as people try to unlock all of their skills. There was and is still utility to be had for the CoE shugo drop and removing it without saying anything is just so crummy :/ @Cyan Please bring this back please~

Woah slow down, ancient shugo is not totally obsolete.  If you actually take the time to look at the ranger skills, I would much rather have the ancient skill (of course it is the one that I am missing) then the advanced version.  This may sound strange but what it basically boils down to is a quicker cd skill that rangers have to bury themselves opposed to a longer cd silence that doesn't have to be buried.  I want the ancient skill so I filed a ticket and of course I got the biggest  moron in support who obviously didn't read the ticket and informed me that books I get from shugos are rng on what skills i get from the.  Thanks Sherlock, no shit!  He closed the ticket upon his response so I guess I am stuck never getting a skill I actually need because they have dipshits not only in support but also with game updates.  I am not sure what to do except just maybe wait for 7.0 but that is pretty stupid considering the fault lies with them.

On 29/07/2019 at 11:32 AM, Selande-KT said:

We found him yesterday night in FM, right before the boss 

That's not the same shugo people are complaining!

On 02/08/2019 at 11:19 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

the ancient shugo is obsolete now with 6.5 as theres a legendary version of that skill with an extra effect. you nor anyone else need that skill.

It's not obsolete at all. For some classes, Ranger for example, the Ancient silence is better due to the low CD and higher duration, even though the other one is not dispellable.

On 03/08/2019 at 9:42 AM, Selande-KT said:

I thought all skills could be obtained through crafting. 

Truth to be told, very easy to get 

The Ancient skill cannot be obtained on the crafted box.

It's not obsolete at all. For some classes, Ranger for example, the Ancient silence is better due to the low CD and higher duration, even though the other one is not dispellable.

The ranger might be the exception for some reason. But still, the difference from the regular silence is 2s.

Archived