Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - July 24, 2019

Cyan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I agree that it is better than nothing. My issue is the constant nerfs in this game. They should have had the foresight to see that they were giving us too much. Don't give us something and then take it away.

This.

When we got the luna update, everyone was kinda shocked at our good fortune to be getting 40 luna from that craft. Players were really happy. Seriously happy. Happier than they have been about anything in a very long time. Activity on the server picked up, too. Usually by Monday there were no groups for anything. But since people could easily craft enough luna, they were running instances the whole week and not just the first few days.

As Van points out, it's not like the 40 luna was a surprise to NCSoft! You guys knew the number. Suddenly you think it was too high? Which makes me wonder if you all actually -looked- at the number or did you just add it right out of the box from Korea without looking at it first?

And that I can actually see that having happened is what makes me sad.

11 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

won't give you a cookie. Btw, I agree with you at some extent.
Luna crafting always sounded 'broken' for me, since luna is a pay2play feature.  It was too good to be true...

Taking in account how NCsoft handle free content, it was perfect.

But it was one of the few things that kept players in this boring and unjoyable game nowadays.
(Almost) no one is up to zombie farm kimbrium because the economy is broken. Guiding Stones are gone, manastones are gone, players are gone.

We should be more mindful in a sense of using oversimplified terms and voicing opinions on behalf of others. For me personally, it’s challenging to communicate an intrinsic point of view. That being said... perhaps boring games shouldn’t be played. However, if one appreciates a game in such a way that they will play it while being bored...how much more incredible would it be for said player, or you in this scenario, if it wasn’t boring? 

If you can’t trust someone else to do (the job) or get what you want and need, you have to get it for yourself. Even better, getting to that desired outcome with teamwork. 

If you’re an invented and or long time player, surely there is some valuable ideas, stories, battle ground, marketing, or environmental ideas that we could all come up. Again, if someone can’t do it right, well then go ahead - kind of thing. 

3 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

This.

When we got the luna update, everyone was kinda shocked at our good fortune to be getting 40 luna from that craft. Players were really happy. Seriously happy. Happier than they have been about anything in a very long time. Activity on the server picked up, too. Usually by Monday there were no groups for anything. But since people could easily craft enough luna, they were running instances the whole week and not just the first few days.

As Van points out, it's not like the 40 luna was a surprise to NCSoft! You guys knew the number. Suddenly you think it was too high? Which makes me wonder if you all actually -looked- at the number or did you just add it right out of the box from Korea without looking at it first?

And that I can actually see that having happened is what makes me sad.

A part of me assumes that if they gave us and “end date” as to when Luna crafting we would have ended... a majority of people wouldn’t be playing together because it’s entirely possible they would just huddle up trying to gather resources to get an edge, and we would find less people out playing the game...

10 minutes ago, Quinas-DN said:

well if you wanna play on a server that you cant use 90%of its content without a goldpack go for it

In about 2 weeks I had enough kinah to buy myself a GP from the broker and from there it was even faster. It's possible but with 7.0 they'll cut the kinah gain in instances for sure.

Say took the time to write this out so @Cyan should at least respond but that's probably wishful thinking.  It seems clear to me that NCwest really wants nothing to do with Aion anymore and maybe its KR forcing them to keep the game running.

To Cyan, Gideon and Hime

I’d like to explain the current situation of Aion in comparison to previous Aion updates and will predominantly use 5.8 as it was the most recent and had the best events, please do remember these virtual items cost you nothing to implement and make the playerbase happy, most of the items I will mention in the reward list below are NOT OBTAINABLE via in game means besides events.

Aion is one of those games where having fun events that are generously rewarding is the reason the game is enjoyable to the vast majority, and completing other content is just something else to do along with PvP instances. Towards the end of 5.8 with the end of the world event and Smoldering fire temple were the best events that I can remember recently, you guys had even stated the rewards would be more generous than previous events, I’m sure you can be aware how much people farmed to get rewarded with items going into the next update and the positive feedback following it, however after 6.2 the events declined to be next to meaningless, and in roughly 2 weeks you could maybe get 1-2 enchantment stones and the “rubbish items” were meant to be useful during 5.8, not now as opposed to the end of the world event where you could use ALT characters to spam the event and receive maybe 100 tempering solutions a week, which back then was enough to enchant all 7 accessories to +8 or 9 if you’re lucky, which was considered above average gear for the time.

Now during 6.7, I have enchanted every item to Ultimate +15 and it took me 500 legendary PvP enchantment stones and 100 ultimate, which takes an extreme amount of time, money and effort to do without events and is almost on the point of impossible for some, The next events should resemble what we had during the end of the world event, its about that time where we will get 7.0 soon and everyone should be able to catch up on gear going into the next ‘gear reset’ (keep in mind I myself have reached the gear cap and am still asking for others to be able to catchup) I will suggest events and rewards and why they are so needed and impossible to get in game.

The 4 major items NEEDED in LARGE quantities are; Abyss points, Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP enchantment stones, Spirit fragments and Manastones.

-          Abyss points are easy for one reason; they can be farmed in game in a reasonable time frame with the help of ap boost events such as the one we just had (200% ap boost).

-          Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP stones are not nearly as accessible as Omega enchantment stones and Tempering solutions were in 5.8 events, and many more of them are needed (e.g. 500 Legendary, 100 Ultimate for 17 items +5-15)

-          Spirit fragments; This item is right now one of the biggest problems, in order to make 1000 of these at the current broker price of 50,000 kinah per ‘Ancient Guiding Stone’ it will cost 950million kinah, which is not very easily obtained following the release of 6.2 if at all. To upgrade 17 items from legendary grade to ultimate grade it costs 4500 spirit fragments.

-          Manastones were a very common item in 5.8 with SELECTABLE +12 manastone bundles and currently the only way to get those were to have them saved from the 5.8 update and you need roughly 100 Manastones to complete an entire set of 17 items.

The following events should not continue to be like what we have now, where you open a box at the end of the instance, giving you currency to buy a singular item at an npc. Events should return to be like Daeva Dash or Smoldering Fire temple which were community favorite events based on the fact you can loot a box at the end of the instance which would give you USEFUL ITEMS for finishing it, rather than nothing until you complete the instance for example; 6 times for enough tokens to buy X. The main problem is all of these items I will list are needed in large quantities and the easiest way is events. (please keep in mind all of these items are virtual and don’t cost you anything to make the players happy)

Minor/rubbish rewards:

-          Spirit fragment x 25

-          Spirit fragment x 50

-          Selectable level 80 Manastone Bundle

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 100

-          Ancient kibrium x 100

Mid-tier rewards:

-          Spirit Fragment x100

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x 5

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x 10

-          Ultimate PvP enchantment stone x 3

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 250

-          Ancient Kibrium x 250

-          Event Skin (?)

-          Legendary Manastone bundle (selectable)

-          Ultimate Manastone bundle (selectable)

Greater rewards:

-          Spirit Fragment x 300

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x15

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x20

-          Ultimate PvP enchantment stone x 5

-          Ultimate Anomos Weapon Box (selectable) same as we had provenance weapon box

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 1000

-          Ancient Kibrium x 100

-          Ultimate Manastone bundle x 3

-          Legendary Manastone bundle x 3

Just now, Oceanus-DN said:

you can pay first goldpack wich isnt expensive its only like 5euro after that you problably can buy it again from Broker with kinah they are like 30-40kk so

I remember when Cyan/Hime told us that there are plans of making our Prestige Pack brokerable.

still waiting after 80 years...

Just now, Lapis-DN said:

I remember when Cyan/Hime told us that there are plans of making our Prestige Pack brokerable.

still waiting after 80 years...

yeah when was it? when 6.0 first came out? i remember around that time when they removed  Boost pack something about that

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

We will be making an announcement soonishly.

2 minutes ago, PsychoShooter-KT said:

ahahah xD good guys @Cyan posted a reply on another post about 7.0:

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

We will be making an announcement soonishly.

Not that "angry" anymore xD

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Changes

• The amount of Luna available from Luna Crafting will be lowered from 40 to 20.
  • The free daily material chest from the Luna Shop will be removed. Material chests can still be purchased for 16 Luna each.

Ok, then i can cancel my prestige suscription and ask for refund of this month.

Why? because u decrease in every maintenance the benefits instead increase it to the general community...

Indeed you forgot something that is not related to pay-to-win..... no mather ... more users.. u will have a job.. less users.. ofc less pay-to-win and someone will loose their jobs.

3 minutes ago, Itzmin-DN said:

Ok, then i can cancel my prestige suscription and ask for refund of this month.

Why? because u decrease in every maintenance the benefits instead increase it to the general community...

Indeed you forgot something that is not related to pay-to-win..... no mather ... more users.. u will have a job.. less users.. ofc less pay-to-win and someone will loose their jobs.

Pretty sure the nerf has nothing to do with peoples jobs at stake...

35 minutes ago, Mytek-DN said:

Say took the time to write this out so @Cyan should at least respond but that's probably wishful thinking.  It seems clear to me that NCwest really wants nothing to do with Aion anymore and maybe its KR forcing them to keep the game running.

To Cyan, Gideon and Hime

I’d like to explain the current situation of Aion in comparison to previous Aion updates and will predominantly use 5.8 as it was the most recent and had the best events, please do remember these virtual items cost you nothing to implement and make the playerbase happy, most of the items I will mention in the reward list below are NOT OBTAINABLE via in game means besides events.

Aion is one of those games where having fun events that are generously rewarding is the reason the game is enjoyable to the vast majority, and completing other content is just something else to do along with PvP instances. Towards the end of 5.8 with the end of the world event and Smoldering fire temple were the best events that I can remember recently, you guys had even stated the rewards would be more generous than previous events, I’m sure you can be aware how much people farmed to get rewarded with items going into the next update and the positive feedback following it, however after 6.2 the events declined to be next to meaningless, and in roughly 2 weeks you could maybe get 1-2 enchantment stones and the “rubbish items” were meant to be useful during 5.8, not now as opposed to the end of the world event where you could use ALT characters to spam the event and receive maybe 100 tempering solutions a week, which back then was enough to enchant all 7 accessories to +8 or 9 if you’re lucky, which was considered above average gear for the time.

Now during 6.7, I have enchanted every item to Ultimate +15 and it took me 500 legendary PvP enchantment stones and 100 ultimate, which takes an extreme amount of time, money and effort to do without events and is almost on the point of impossible for some, The next events should resemble what we had during the end of the world event, its about that time where we will get 7.0 soon and everyone should be able to catch up on gear going into the next ‘gear reset’ (keep in mind I myself have reached the gear cap and am still asking for others to be able to catchup) I will suggest events and rewards and why they are so needed and impossible to get in game.

The 4 major items NEEDED in LARGE quantities are; Abyss points, Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP enchantment stones, Spirit fragments and Manastones.

-          Abyss points are easy for one reason; they can be farmed in game in a reasonable time frame with the help of ap boost events such as the one we just had (200% ap boost).

-          Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP stones are not nearly as accessible as Omega enchantment stones and Tempering solutions were in 5.8 events, and many more of them are needed (e.g. 500 Legendary, 100 Ultimate for 17 items +5-15)

-          Spirit fragments; This item is right now one of the biggest problems, in order to make 1000 of these at the current broker price of 50,000 kinah per ‘Ancient Guiding Stone’ it will cost 950million kinah, which is not very easily obtained following the release of 6.2 if at all. To upgrade 17 items from legendary grade to ultimate grade it costs 4500 spirit fragments.

-          Manastones were a very common item in 5.8 with SELECTABLE +12 manastone bundles and currently the only way to get those were to have them saved from the 5.8 update and you need roughly 100 Manastones to complete an entire set of 17 items.

The following events should not continue to be like what we have now, where you open a box at the end of the instance, giving you currency to buy a singular item at an npc. Events should return to be like Daeva Dash or Smoldering Fire temple which were community favorite events based on the fact you can loot a box at the end of the instance which would give you USEFUL ITEMS for finishing it, rather than nothing until you complete the instance for example; 6 times for enough tokens to buy X. The main problem is all of these items I will list are needed in large quantities and the easiest way is events. (please keep in mind all of these items are virtual and don’t cost you anything to make the players happy)

Minor/rubbish rewards:

-          Spirit fragment x 25

-          Spirit fragment x 50

-          Selectable level 80 Manastone Bundle

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 100

-          Ancient kibrium x 100

Mid-tier rewards:

-          Spirit Fragment x100

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x 5

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x 10

-          Ultimate PvP enchantment stone x 3

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 250

-          Ancient Kibrium x 250

-          Event Skin (?)

-          Legendary Manastone bundle (selectable)

-          Ultimate Manastone bundle (selectable)

Greater rewards:

-          Spirit Fragment x 300

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x15

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x20

-          Ultimate PvP enchantment stone x 5

-          Ultimate Anomos Weapon Box (selectable) same as we had provenance weapon box

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 1000

-          Ancient Kibrium x 100

-          Ultimate Manastone bundle x 3

-          Legendary Manastone bundle x 3

BUMP BUMP DONT DELETE THE OP @Cyan BUT YOU CAN DELETE THE SPAM!

2 hours ago, Cyan said:
  • The amount of Luna available from Luna Crafting will be lowered from 40 to 20.
  • The free daily material chest from the Luna Shop will be removed. Material chests can still be purchased for 16 Luna each.

That is sad, but no surprise there.

Better question tho, does anyone else saw that there is no luna icon on Korean's streams 7.2?

Archived