Weekly Server Maintenance - July 24, 2019

Cyan

Aside from all the continuous stupid alterations......

@Cyan did you notice the game is once again experiencing a major lack of activity?

Better question when the weekly gp quests were dailies did yall notice a major surge in activity for those 3 weeks?  Literally could log on any time of the day and find people actively out and about.  Isn't that the point of running a mmo? Having players actively out and about?  Yes people complained but it was actually kind of stupid complaints from people that literally do nothing but leech off others and afk in every instance.  

Which brings me to my next question >> Daily gp obviously isn't game breaking or bad <<  why not return it to daily?  Ranking will still be heavily based on fort attendance and classes that have the ability to fully restore / hide.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Lucimon-DN said:

Aside from all the continuous stupid alterations......

@Cyan did you notice the game is once again experiencing a major lack of activity?

Better question when the weekly gp quests were dailies did yall notice a major surge in activity for those 3 weeks?  Literally could log on any time of the day and find people actively out and about.  Isn't that the point of running a mmo? Having players actively out and about?  Yes people complained but it was actually kind of stupid complaints from people that literally do nothing but leech off others and afk in every instance.  

Which brings me to my next question >> Daily gp obviously isn't game breaking or bad <<  why not return it to daily?  Ranking will still be heavily based on fort attendance and classes that have the ability to fully restore / hide.

The core of complaints with those quests was that waiting for the camp captains to spawn was dull. I'm unsure where exactly you're finding the connection between afking instances and being against waiting for a spawn to complete the quests - though I do have at least one guess, and it's not a sunny place. ;)

Snark aside, I do agree it'd be nice to see more people running around the map. It may help if the daily pvp quests around camps were made more relevant. For instance, throw in a couple of fighting spirit fragments in each of those and I'd be happy.

2 hours ago, Rakesh-DN said:

The core of complaints with those quests was that waiting for the camp captains to spawn was dull. I'm unsure where exactly you're finding the connection between afking instances and being against waiting for a spawn to complete the quests - though I do have at least one guess, and it's not a sunny place. ;)

Snark aside, I do agree it'd be nice to see more people running around the map. It may help if the daily pvp quests around camps were made more relevant. For instance, throw in a couple of fighting spirit fragments in each of those and I'd be happy.

Daily was just too much, having to do it 21 times a week is too much of a headache. Changing it to weeklies was the best change and lets be honest people fought out to be top 100 so it wasn't that many people. I would change it to be biweekly, but no way daily because people have lives.

3 hours ago, Rakesh-DN said:

Gp is a well enough reward ~ the complaint about waiting is just as bad doing pandora gear quests ~ it remains optional so much as the go quests remain optional ~ but yes a couple fighting fragments could be a good influence as well ~ still the complaint about waiting shouldn’t be valid at all <-  effort for rank 

1 hour ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

Daily was just too much, having to do it 21 times a week is too much of a headache. Changing it to weeklies was the best change and lets be honest people fought out to be top 100 so it wasn't that many people. I would change it to be biweekly, but no way daily because people have lives.

Again it’s optional ~ pandora quests are there too get to work 

15 minutes ago, Lucimon-DN said:

Gp is a well enough reward ~ the complaint about waiting is just as bad doing pandora gear quests ~ it remains optional so much as the go quests remain optional ~ but yes a couple fighting fragments could be a good influence as well ~ still the complaint about waiting shouldn’t be valid at all <-  effort for rank 

Optional? You had to 21 of those flipping base quests each week, and doing 3 balaur flips was ridiculous. Pandora is 2 for pvp, and 2 for pve per week. The amount of stress to do the base flips 6 times per day was very stressful and took way too much time in some cases you may have to dedicated playing up to 4 hours of being online to finally see you finish all of them.

2 hours ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

1 hour ago, Lucimon-DN said:

Guys, when I said 'daily pvp quests', I wasn't referring to the ones where you kill a mob, lol. I was talking about the current daily pvp quests that require you to kill 5 players in each camp's area. Those ones are fun because they let you run around and encourage pvp. I'd like to see those made relevant, be it through gp, fragments or whatever.

10 minutes ago, Rakesh-DN said:

Guys, when I said 'daily pvp quests', I wasn't referring to the ones where you kill a mob, lol. I was talking about the current daily pvp quests that require you to kill 5 players in each camp's area. Those ones are fun because they let you run around and encourage pvp. I'd like to see those made relevant, be it through gp, fragments or whatever.

Yes I would like to see them double the exp for them so more gems.

19 hours ago, Cyan said:

Changes

• The amount of Luna available from Luna Crafting will be lowered from 40 to 20.
  • The free daily material chest from the Luna Shop will be removed. Material chests can still be purchased for 16 Luna each.

cheap-bird.png

I mean really?

2 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

The fact that they did this so soon

For me "so soon" is an Emergency mainteinance the day after without any kind of warning like Tiamaranta's Eye event.

Here we had this running for like an entire month and they warned us the day before so we could exchange the lunas, so please let's be a bit less dramatic and a bit more reasonable.

i know everybody is pissed off, anxious about updates and jealous of EU 7.0 but Lets be honest here guys, the rates were too good to last long i was expecting a nerf by the first week.

i'm sure their sales in luna boxes plummeted really hard, look at me as F2P i never had so many paid/premium currency in my entire gamimg life LMAO. And now i have resets for a whole year.

4AcSLR7h.jpg

So Thx NCwest bwahahaha

5 hours ago, Veio-DN said:

That's it, I solved a problem, where 1 bug at the end of the year no longer happens, brilliant it was a lot of work.

LOL I was telling people this last night. Now at Jan 1 midnight Korean times the NA team won't have to worry about the daily luna craft breaking like it has the past 5+ years or however long it has been since luna has been introduced. They won't get spammed here on forums and take 2-3 weeks to fix it now.

4 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

For me "so soon" is an Emergency mainteinance the day after without any kind of warning like Tiamaranta's Eye event.

Here we had this running for like an entire month and they warned us the day before so we could exchange the lunas, so please let's be a bit less dramatic and a bit more reasonable.

i know everybody is pissed off, anxious about updates and jealous of EU 7.0 but Lets be honest here guys, the rates were too good to last long i was expecting a nerf by the first week.

I do not believe there was anything dramatic or unreasonable about what I said in particular, so I'm going to assume you are responding to the community's outrage as a whole.

I understand your point about the luna craft rates, but given the fact it took them this long to give us something we've been asking for for months (skins), only to turn around and take something else away from us shortly after, I hope you can understand where the frustration is coming from (at least on my end).

Advanced issues found

On 7/24/2019 at 8:31 AM, Cyan said:
  • The amount of Luna available from Luna Crafting will be lowered from 40 to 20.
  • The free daily material chest from the Luna Shop will be removed. Material chests can still be purchased for 16 Luna each.
  • An issue where Bobonerk's Coin could be used too quickly, resulting in the coin being consumed but no reward being given will be fixed.

Inb4 they reduce it to 10 Luna a day when additional character slots are added!

PS it's spelt "Borunerk’s Coin". Be sure to give credit to the useless sod who decided to nerf opening Bcoins.... seriously what a pain in the arse move this was. Not even sure what you're talking about. The game never used more coins than it was supped to. It always gave an error saying I didn't have enough XP to use the coin.... reverse this pointless change ASAP.

8 hours ago, Alexica-DN said:

The recipe for crafting Kinah Box from Luna stil exist ?

Yes. I got it on a character yesterday. That hasn't changed.

@Cyan The change to the coins was not only unnecessary, but actually a step backward in quality of life. We still can't use the loot function scripted into our minions which we pay kinah monthly to use when we are in a group, yet the devs spend their time working on a "fix" for something that wasn't actually broken. How pointless.

On 7/24/2019 at 1:31 AM, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, July 24, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Summer Block Party will continue for two more weeks.
  • An issue where Bobonerk's Coin could be used too quickly, resulting in the coin being consumed but no reward being given will be fixed.
  • An effect display issue with the skill Lightning Arrow will be fixed.
  • Minor text and localization issues will be fixed.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

hirb5iwb5rb31.jpg qvyml8fw7vb31.jpg 3irlest5kya31.jpg

Hi,

Hey yo @Cyan do you can really thing that you can be rich in short time, when people seems like don't give a s**t on those event's that you bring to us?

You don't even try to understand our meanings, instead you make only bad decision's. Also i understand, we all understand NCsoft need's money to keep it up but with every weak passed you loose people that they played for a whole time this game, and also loved this game!

You did made some many changes, you stole the ranks from people, give them gold ingots to buy what some pve stones, some Skill sports card? No no no this is wasn't worked for all people.

You should ask everybody what they want, and than you can understand the game, beacause you don't know nothing about this game you know only to cut what is good for us!

And that's all i wanted to say!

Make the game good for all of us not just for you and team NCsoft.

Be fair to receive fairness

Best regards,

Bykata.

Going to give my Pikapinion...

Do not know if this was mentioned already as this thread is already five pages long and I am too lazy to take a look through every post, but does anyone else remember the TIA Eye event and how the merchant was giving mad mad mad rewards that everyone was extremely excited about (omegas, temps, +12 manastones, etc.)?

At least NC did not ninja the merchant (or in this case temporarily remove Luna Crafting), and provided an announcement as a heads up instead...

Anyway TL:DR, a lot of parallels between this backlash and that Tia Event backlash.

12 minutes ago, Pikachu-KT said:

Going to give my Pikapinion...

Do not know if this was mentioned already as this thread is already five pages long and I am too lazy to take a look through every post, but does anyone else remember the TIA Eye event and how the merchant was giving mad mad mad rewards that everyone was extremely excited about (omegas, temps, +12 manastones, etc.)?

At least NC did not ninja the merchant (or in this case temporarily remove Luna Crafting), and provided an announcement as a heads up instead...

Anyway TL:DR, a lot of parallels between this backlash and that Tia Event backlash.

The parallel that I see is the lack of testing and/or understanding of the game mechanics. In the Tia Eye event, the staff didn't seem to understand that you got drops in leagues. They set the rewards with the understanding that the drops would be for one person or at most a group. With the luna crafting, it is as if they didn't understand that players were going to be able to do daily luna on 8 characters on each account and get 320 luna each and every day. 

Is that what you were getting at?

Archived