Communication and Timing

Guitarra-DN

Hello

First of all, sorry for my english, not my first langueage.

This thread is gonna sound as i tell you how to do your job @Cyan, but wanted to share a couple opinions about communication and timing, and how bad it is rn from the Ncwest side.

There has been a series of bad communication problems going on about the patches, and the topics inside it. 

Mayor example was the luna craft reduction added to the removal of the free gift every day:

1) The reduction is not that bad since alot of f2p players were doing almost the same as paying players which would break the sustantibility of the server BUT the way of communicating this change was really bad: first of all you should have said that this luna craft was in testing , and developing in the first place, this would reduce the pressure from lowering the rates later. having a system added with "subject to change" its an easy way of not having negative efects later cuz of nerfs.

2) Explain to the community why are doing things, some people can deduce that reducing luna was necesary because was removing the need of buying luna at all, etc, but not all thinks the same way.

3) Removing the gift that gives "1 random material a day" , whitout any reason, it looks like you just want to annoy players removing free stuff(which was a really small free gift every day to be taken care off).

4) TIMING about this patch... you are removing/nerfing this features  the same day as the EU servers gets a mayor update, also not showing any indication of if we are gonna get 7.0 at all( that last post about "announcements about what happens with 7.0" was rly vague, which adds up to the problem. Also having a really shitty event at the same time as EU gets a mayor patch makes people just leave the server to check new things, or another guames just because its "annoying" to play here.

This was the first example i got, and which ilustrated my point, but this problem has been going on for months of patches. You are not obligated to talk to the community about the decisions, but would help a lot. Saying "we are taking feedback, and redirecting to the developers" doesnt mean you are hearing the community, it feels like an automated message at this point.

Greetings

Guitarra

So in a nutshell your asking @Cyan-KT for better communication with us here on the forums with suggestions. Can't say we've heard that before.............. lol, he, he. Sorry. Sarcasm was not my intention. More communication here is something I think all of us have asked for I think at one time or another since 6x was released. I and many others sincerely understand where your coming from on this........

The player base has been asking for more communication and have actually been promised more transparency far longer than the release of 6.x. 

So far it hasn't materialized and I would personally say that it has actually gotten worse.

Never to late to turn things around, I guess.

9 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

The player base has been asking for more communication and have actually been promised more transparency far longer than the release of 6.x. 

So far it hasn't materialized and I would personally say that it has actually gotten worse.

Never to late to turn things around, I guess.

Your right of course Aly. I saw it dropping off (tho I wasn't posting then) sometime early on with 5x I think? Might have been earlier I'm not sure.

And definitely it is never too late to fix things both here and with the game (tho I won't hold my breath, lol).

Archived