Forums

Alternate history talking : Is 4.8 the beginning of creation of 6.0 ?

Neleth-KT

What if 4.8 didn't happened will it lead to creation of 6.0 ?

First what happened when 4.8 launched was people unable to get to lv 65 by Cygnea quests only that's because NA version had double exp needed to lv 65.While in EU people got no trouble to level to 65 when 4.8 did happened,In NA you need to do BM quests to get exp in order to level to 65.

What made people so upset about 4.8 ? Cause massive leaving from Aion ?

People were upset about 4.8 because deletion of 4 maps Sarpan,Tiamatrantra,Katalam,Danaria.They upset because NC took away method they needing for leveling and gearing such as removed kahrun coins,remove Katalam,Danaria made getting basic pvp gears much harder.Only if they keep Raksang as group instances that rewarding kahrun coins and keep NPCs that selling Kahrun gears,keep Am/EF instances as portals,reduced exp needed for lv 65 and if Levinshor camps wasn't so bad the backslash wouldn't be so bad

Second wave 5.0 Why so hard to exp ?

I understand 5.0 is developed from master server but I see they wanna sell exp potions too but road to lv 75 is too hard.The luna instances were needed because the leveling is so hard they need more exp.If they increased luna exp and instance exp quests that introduced in 5.8 were introduced in 5.0 the backslash wouldn't be so bad and it will not leading to creation of 6.0.Tradable gears was a good move but they should introduced 100% enchantment rate with omega with 5.0 along with omega from luna (This originally introduced in 5.6) and never ever let people enchant gears unlimited to +30 or more

6.0 consequences from the past.

If they alternately did what I said 6.0 would be continues of 5.x development but because since 4.8 it went down hill and keep losing players along the way.So 6.0 happened because all mistakes they did in the past.At this point I say what Aion should do isn't seeking new players but should get old players back.Aion just too old for new players to interested.

7.0 new future comes ?

No I don't think 7.0 will change anything if I'm NC I would reverse time to rebuild Aion based on 4.7.I don't mean classic I mean build Aion based on 4.7 with all modern mechanic.

Thank you I just bored yeah I know still waiting for 7.0 :/ 

You have to understand what 4.0 was. The release of 4.0 was Aion's pinnacle. While we can debate which patch is better from personal experiences 4.0 is the only patch in the game that offered everything below

• Leveling not so hard but not so easy that you could wet noodle it in a day as a new player(took roughly a week). 
  • Gathering
  • Aethertapping
  • Crafting
  • Questing
  • Entry level PvP gear(Bloodmarks)
  • PvP open world(you wanted to hinder the opposite faction so that you could get the edge in siege to obtain medals).
  • PvP siege
  • PvP instances
  • PvP gear progression
  • Guard farming
  • Morphing for profit or for crafting
  • Open world farming for kinah
  • Events not total freebies but also gave cash shop items at a reasonable rate where you still wanted to spend money but could choose not to by spamming on alts.
  • PvE instances

The list goes on, All viable ways to enjoy Aion. Then you get to EBonline patch and what was viable after that period? Siege was pointless because the medals were pointless. PvP started to die off everywhere aside from EBonline instance locations.

Moving in to 4.8 and gathering/crafting was useless because they removed half the stuff you needed to craft X or Y with the removal of kata and danaria sure they had that NPC but it was so expensive it was pointless and now that i think of it maybe it got added at a later date.  Moving in to 5.0 events were the only thing worth playing for because 1 event gave you more account progression then playing for 3 months gave you, This is only with one account you do 40 alt characters and you get more progression than you would of got in a year. 

6.0 comes around and nothing on that list is a viable way of playing the game. 6.0 You either Bot, had riches from previous patches, cash shop or just afk luna/events. There is only so much you can say with out bombing names on the forums about their antics being botters or kinah buyers from external sources so i am going to steer clear from talking about this topic.

People miss Kata/Dana and Tia. They also miss other things as well but ultimately they miss the play style the most that came with those patches and no patch after the original 4.0 patch gave that type of progression it all removed content from the game. 

TL:DR 4.0 took everything they learnt from 1.X>the release of 4.0. After that they kept trying to reinvent the wheel to increase profitability it failed in the west.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

There is only so much you can say with out bombing names on the forums about their antics being botters or kinah buyers from external sources so i am going to steer clear from talking about this topic.

People miss Kata/Dana and Tia. They also miss other things as well but ultimately they miss the play style the most that came with those patches and no patch after the original 4.0 patch gave that type of progression it all removed content from the game. 

TL:DR 4.0 took everything they learnt from 1.X>the release of 4.0. After that they kept trying to reinvent the wheel to increase profitability it failed in the west.

I remember when we lost Kata/Dana and Tia. Gosh I was upset but I had a stopgap. I was even at that time Kinah rich from my previous long time gameplay. Right up until 6x it was nothing for me to spend 10, sometimes 14 hours per day playing Aion. Yea 4x is my fav but even with the loss of those places we loved so much there was still so much to do I never got bored. Only 1 other game I play is like that but it remains so to this day. Now in Aion it's like your fired from a cannon to level 80 and it is there the real work begins.

Oh all that Kinah I mentioned? All mostly gone now since 6x reared it's head. Think about it: 8 characters with billions of Kinah each saved up over my many years of gameplay in Aion now back in the poorhouse, lol, go figure.

As to your very last statement; Yes, it seemed like that to me too however I don't think 4.8, 5, or really any patch led to it. The Powers that Be thought by butchering a 10 year old game's rich storyline, removing 90% of maps, and removing (although maybe now temporary) the one Iconic thing that made the game special in the first place would somehow attract new players to this then 10 year old game when all it did was drive many of we veterans away (I'm not going to re-hash my recent post/s) but that is the long and short of it. Where they got this idea for 6x is beyond myself and I know many here feel the same. I'll leave this here for I've another post explaining all of this.

6 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I remember when we lost Kata/Dana and Tia. Gosh I was upset but I had a stopgap. I was even at that time Kinah rich from my previous long time gameplay. Right up until 6x it was nothing for me to spend 10, sometimes 14 hours per day playing Aion. Yea 4x is my fav but even with the loss of those places we loved so much there was still so much to do I never got bored. Only 1 other game I play is like that but it remains so to this day. Now in Aion it's like your fired from a cannon to level 80 and it is there the real work begins.

Oh all that Kinah I mentioned? All mostly gone now since 6x reared it's head. Think about it: 8 characters with billions of Kinah each saved up over my many years of gameplay in Aion now back in the poorhouse, lol, go figure.

As to your very last statement; Yes, it seemed like that to me too however I don't think 4.8, 5, or really any patch led to it. The Powers that Be thought by butchering a 10 year old game's rich storyline, removing 90% of maps, and removing (although maybe now temporary) the one Iconic thing that made the game special in the first place would somehow attract new players to this then 10 year old game when all it did was drive many of we veterans away (I'm not going to re-hash my recent post/s) but that is the long and short of it. Where they got this idea for 6x is beyond myself and I know many here feel the same. I'll leave this here for I've another post explaining all of this.

4.8/5.0 had a design philosophy to make people want to buy X or Y item due to rarity. No matter what came after kata/dana that same design philosophy would of been followed this is why 4.8/5.0 would of still turned out the same even if they followed a different route lore wise.

10 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

You have to understand what 4.0 was. The release of 4.0 was Aion's pinnacle. While we can debate which patch is better from personal experiences 4.0 is the only patch in the game that offered everything below

• Leveling not so hard but not so easy that you could wet noodle it in a day as a new player(took roughly a week). 
  • Gathering
  • Aethertapping
  • Crafting
  • Questing
  • Entry level PvP gear(Bloodmarks)
  • PvP open world(you wanted to hinder the opposite faction so that you could get the edge in siege to obtain medals).
  • PvP siege
  • PvP instances
  • PvP gear progression
  • Guard farming
  • Morphing for profit or for crafting
  • Open world farming for kinah
  • Events not total freebies but also gave cash shop items at a reasonable rate where you still wanted to spend money but could choose not to by spamming on alts.
  • PvE instances

The list goes on, All viable ways to enjoy Aion. Then you get to EBonline patch and what was viable after that period? Siege was pointless because the medals were pointless. PvP started to die off everywhere aside from EBonline instance locations.

Moving in to 4.8 and gathering/crafting was useless because they removed half the stuff you needed to craft X or Y with the removal of kata and danaria sure they had that NPC but it was so expensive it was pointless and now that i think of it maybe it got added at a later date.  Moving in to 5.0 events were the only thing worth playing for because 1 event gave you more account progression then playing for 3 months gave you, This is only with one account you do 40 alt characters and you get more progression than you would of got in a year. 

6.0 comes around and nothing on that list is a viable way of playing the game. 6.0 You either Bot, had riches from previous patches, cash shop or just afk luna/events. There is only so much you can say with out bombing names on the forums about their antics being botters or kinah buyers from external sources so i am going to steer clear from talking about this topic.

Could not have said better myself. 4.0 had its flaws. Like for example, the fact that we didnt had dredge for awhile.

But still the best patch.

Archived