Colorweaver ?

Neleth-KT

4 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

It isn't that most of the other expressions aren't odd. It's that that is the -resting- face. The default isn't showing the face as you personally created it to be. Instead they distort the face that the player created into one of those usually odd expressions.

That sums it up well, thanks Aly.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Honestly I have no freaking idea as to why NA changes the original names of stuff. Like why?!!!! There is no reason...

"westernizing the game"

But I think sometimes they do that for no reason and other times because of possible copyright issues.

Anyway, the possibility of names is quite large. Gameforge chose Painter for the English client, Coloristen for the German client and Impressionniste for the French client.

2 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

"westernizing the game"

But I think sometimes they do that for no reason and other times because of possible copyright issues.

Anyway, the possibility of names is quite large. Gameforge chose Painter for the English client, Coloristen for the German client and Impressionniste for the French client.

Please tell me that you are trolling with those names! OMG!

Although I'm 95% sure that NCwest is not going to release it as Painter due to the subclass name being Muse!

I'd love if they admitted that those name changes and transformations changes were a mistake and released 7.0 with those changes on their original state!

1 hour ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

STR_CLASS_NAME_PAINTER

DEU: Colorist
ENG: Painter
FRA: Impressionniste
CHT: 彩繪星

Finally, a voice of reason. Thanks MooMoo. Honestly I have no idea where this name thing got started anyways, lol.

17 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Please tell me that you are trolling with those names! OMG!

Although I'm 95% sure that NCwest is not going to release it as Painter due to the subclass name being Muse!

I'd love if they admitted that those name changes and transformations changes were a mistake and released 7.0 with those changes on their original state!

Not trolling but you should know that the non English version of EU always had different names. Chanter was always kantor on the German version and so on. 

We have plenty of different names, like we have Frozen Monolith while EU has it Holy Tower. Plenty of names are different between the two English publishers and I think EU is closer to the Korean names than we are. Bastion of Souls is "Narakali" I think in EU. Even items have different names and in some cases it is better, like Omega Enchant Stone for us, A.P.E.S. (yes apes) all powerful enchant stone in EU. When I read their forum at one point and everyone kept talking about apes, I was sure they were playing a different game :D

Someone really has a ton of time in their hands rethinking all the names for everything.

47 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

We have plenty of different names, like we have Frozen Monolith while EU has it Holy Tower. Plenty of names are different between the two English publishers and I think EU is closer to the Korean names than we are. Bastion of Souls is "Narakali" I think in EU. Even items have different names and in some cases it is better, like Omega Enchant Stone for us, A.P.E.S. (yes apes) all powerful enchant stone in EU. When I read their forum at one point and everyone kept talking about apes, I was sure they were playing a different game :D

Someone really has a ton of time in their hands rethinking all the names for everything.

I actually prefer NA names better. Veilenthrone, as an example, is a fancier name that has a nice ring to it compared to just "Senekta". Bastion of Souls has kinda more sense to it than Narakkalli.

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I actually prefer NA names better. Veilenthrone, as an example, is a fancier name that has a nice ring to it compared to just "Senekta". Bastion of Souls has kinda more sense to it than Narakkalli.

This creates inconsistencies though. The Aion Power Book uses the original translations for example. Bastion of Souls makes same {"sense" as the Narakkali because at least the Narakkali are the race of mobs that reside there as far as I know, what does "Bastion of Souls" add to the story? Holy Tower also might make more sense than Frozen Monolith. The epople who name those also make the back story so the naming is more relevant, sure thing nobody cares to read any background stories about Aion because the stories are all over the place, but the names we have are most of the times irrelevant to anything.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

This creates inconsistencies though. The Aion Power Book uses the original translations for example. Bastion of Souls makes same {"sense" as the Narakkali because at least the Narakkali are the race of mobs that reside there as far as I know, what does "Bastion of Souls" add to the story? Holy Tower also might make more sense than Frozen Monolith. The epople who name those also make the back story so the naming is more relevant, sure thing nobody cares to read any background stories about Aion because the stories are all over the place, but the names we have are most of the times irrelevant to anything.

That's only because the creator of Powerbook plays only EU and cares little for NA. Narakkalli may focus on the race, Bastion of Soul focuses mostly on the location and what's inside, and the souls can be related to the prisoners of Daevas in it. I never saw how Holy Tower made sense. What's so holy about it? It's a monolith flying in the sky above Nergal. There's no inconsistencies because the story is the same with just different names.

Archived