Enchanting

2 hours ago, Rakesh-DN said:

You may've managed to get good enchanting luck for a while. I've seen consistently awful rates for a looong time. :\

This.

I fail with ultimates constantly and since the patch launched.

RNG is an algorithm made so you will lose, it is not pure randomness like it happens in real life. I have used 9 ultimate stones on my 14 ultimate necklace before it went to +15. Supposedly the chance is something close to 50% (I do not remember the number) but I have never seen anyone succeed 9 times in a row, yet there wer are failing 9 times in a row.

Whatever enchant rates anyone has ever given you in any google spreadsheet or a site link etc, is all absolute bullS*t as the aion doesn't have a real random number generator that takes into consideration the really random player input.

There was a time I failed 19 legendary stones on an ultimate +10 item... all in a row. I left it 2 days without enchanting and then it went straight up to +12 with 2 stones.

So take it from a computer programmer, this is not a real RNG engine here, they have an algorithm and that algorithm is making sure you lose enough to waste more resources (hoping you will pay to get what you failed) but not too much to the point you will quit or something.

~~

* In real life, you can throw a 100% legit dice 100 times and still get "6" every time because it is always possible to get 6 no matter how many times you already brought it, small chance but possible as long as the dice is truly legit.
* In a game's pseudo-RNG algorithm, if a digital dice brings "6" 100 times in a row it means the guy who coded the algorithm just lost his job because he is shitty at coding.

20 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

RNG is an algorithm made so you will lose, it is not pure randomness like it happens in real life. I have used 9 ultimate stones on my 14 ultimate necklace before it went to +15. Supposedly the chance is something close to 50% (I do not remember the number) but I have never seen anyone succeed 9 times in a row, yet there wer are failing 9 times in a row.

Whatever enchant rates anyone has ever given you in any google spreadsheet or a site link etc, is all absolute bullS*t as the aion doesn't have a real random number generator that takes into consideration the really random player input.

There was a time I failed 19 legendary stones on an ultimate +10 item... all in a row. I left it 2 days without enchanting and then it went straight up to +12 with 2 stones.

So take it from a computer programmer, this is not a real RNG engine here, they have an algorithm and that algorithm is making sure you lose enough to waste more resources (hoping you will pay to get what you failed) but not too much to the point you will quit or something.

~~

* In real life, you can throw a 100% legit dice 100 times and still get "6" every time because it is always possible to get 6 no matter how many times you already brought it, small chance but possible as long as the dice is truly legit.
* In a game's pseudo-RNG algorithm, if a digital dice brings "6" 100 times in a row it means the guy who coded the algorithm just lost his job because he is shitty at coding.

This +5000. I kept stating this because it doesn't take much to look into Ncsoft's ideas, mechanics etc for Aion and see the majority of them are made behind the scheme of making money. For example the transformation system. Take attack, casting and run speed off of items and then lock the majority behind transformations that you have to pay for in hopes to get the best and even more so the best for your class. Stigma enchanting. Before we originally had 12 stigma slots until they reduced it to 6 and now we are slowly getting back to 12 but you basically had to buy stigma bundles in hopes of +9 your stigmas. This company's reputation is slowly getting worse until people eventually stop supporting anything they put out.

On 27/7/2019 at 10:22 AM, Briearios-DN said:

This +5000. I kept stating this because it doesn't take much to look into Ncsoft's ideas, mechanics etc for Aion and see the majority of them are made behind the scheme of making money. For example the transformation system. Take attack, casting and run speed off of items and then lock the majority behind transformations that you have to pay for in hopes to get the best and even more so the best for your class. Stigma enchanting. Before we originally had 12 stigma slots until they reduced it to 6 and now we are slowly getting back to 12 but you basically had to buy stigma bundles in hopes of +9 your stigmas. This company's reputation is slowly getting worse until people eventually stop supporting anything they put out.

Their mechanics are what killed the game, but in a way they still do not understand. Let me elaborate, when someone pays to win, he buys plenty of resources in  a small amount of time, if someone who has a ton of p2w items tries to enchant massively he will be hit with Aion's failing algorithm and will lose most of the resources he paid for, while someone who doesn't pay can only enchant an item once every few days thus the algorithm doesn't hit him hard.

Effectively those who were supposed to support the game by paying for it, are those who get hit harder with this algorithm and eventually quit the game, leaving behind people who never pay a dime to play. This algorithm wasn't created with this intentions apparently, but it really hit the core of the people who were paying for the game.

Archived