Let's talk about 7.0

Kubei-DN

On 8/1/2019 at 10:20 AM, Afterglow-KT said:

For non-crafters who get fragments from deing crystal gear - cheaper/more efficient to do it now or in 7.0?

Aetherforging leveling (should) be a lot easier in 7.0 compared to 6.0:

This is assuming the server-side crafting skill exp charts remain the same as 6.0. (These are not the visible character exp for character levels!)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

In 7.0, Frozen Monolith is most likely going to be the first group instance a new player will ever attempt, and is a huge difficulty spike compared to everything they have completed before (Campaigns, Bastion of Steel), or even compared to 6.5 Cradle of Eternity.

Yes and they are not meant to solo it right after doing campaigns and Bastion of *Souls. They are meant to trio. People in Lakrum gear weren't supposed to solo CoE either, it's an uphill battle the whole run for little to no gain, and there's constantly trio speed runs on LFG. There will still be trio FM speed runs. They can still get certain ancient pieces from BoS iirc. No reason to panic nor to spread panic. Automatically rejecting people who have Lakrum gear (or remaining pieces of it) in trio runs will only cause one thing, and that's for this game to die even quicker.

6 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

I was testing on TW 命運之神-Asmo on a painter. I didn't get any pink quest that awarded that T2 legendary armor set.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Quest/50176 I believe this is the one and I'm fairly sure EU got it.

On 2.8.2019 at 3:48 PM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

7.0 introduce Tier 2 gear which have higher stats than T1 ones, and slightly higher base stats than the next higher grade T1.

The cost of promoting the following are the same:

• +15 Ultimate T1 -> Ultimate T2, +15 Legendary T2 -> Ultimate T2
  • +15 Legendary T1 -> Legendary T2, +15 Ancient T2 -> Legendary T2

Thankies for sharing! I do have a question to that. Does this mean it's good if you make sure to have a +15 Leg/Ulti T1 so you're good to go to get a T2 gear set? And +15 Ancient T1 should be avoided?

18 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

This is assuming the server-side crafting skill exp charts remain the same as 6.0. (These are not the visible character exp for character levels!)

I see. Thank you for sharing. 

By non-crafters I meant alts. My main got AF to 300 back in 5.8,and I don't feel any desire to level the same craft on multiple characters. Maybe will have to. We'll see. 

4 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Thankies for sharing! I do have a question to that. Does this mean it's good if you make sure to have a +15 Leg/Ulti T1 so you're good to go to get a T2 gear set? And +15 Ancient T1 should be avoided?

+15 Ancient T1 with 3 unlocked manastone slots can be upgraded to Ancient T2. No AP or other materials needed.

2 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

+15 Ancient T1 with 3 unlocked manastone slots can be upgraded to Ancient T2. No AP or other materials needed.

+0? RIP all gazillions of stones wasted in 'working as intended' attempts to +15. I guess, its better to promote ancient +15 now, and discard anything lower than that and just start over by buying new T2 gear with crystals? 

On 7/30/2019 at 6:33 PM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Genesis Crystals

Genesis Crystal equipment costs have reduced by around 30% and are Tier 2. So Genesis Crystal weapon cost 57 crystals.

Genesis Crystal camp weekly quests now give 51 crystals each (102 per camp-week).

Genesis Crystal mob hunting weekly quests now give 26 crystals and 6 bronze cubicles each.

Don't bother enchanting T1 ancient and legendary gear anymore. Save your Genesis Crystals, Enchantment Stones, and Fighting Spirit Fragments for T2 gear.

1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

Are the current crafting stuff still available in 7.0? or should they be crafted and de before?

All 6.x Aetherforging recipes continue to be available in 7.0.

Monsters in 7.0 drop new material, but they can be converted into old material in 1:1 ratio:

• Alchemist stone -> Kibrium
  • Magic stone -> Guiding stone

However old material to new material conversion is a 10:1 ratio:

• 10 Kibriums -> Alchemist stone
  • 10 Guiding stones -> Magic stone

2 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Crucible Spire will no longer award Coin of Challenges (Stigmas), and instead award only HP cubicles. Farm them before 7.0 deploys on NA!

They can still be exchanged after 7.0 deployment.

Damn i thought that was a bug in EU 7.0 , so spire will be even more useless, why remove the coins? i don't see the point sad =S

52 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Damn i thought that was a bug in EU 7.0 , so spire will be even more useless, why remove the coins? i don't see the point sad =S

If I'm not mistaken HP Cubics won't drop anywhere else. So, it won't be useless at all unless you already have 50 of each laying around? Even then there is a new cubic level if I'm not mistaken... could be wrong, though.

2 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

If I'm not mistaken HP Cubics won't drop anywhere else. So, it won't be useless at all unless you already have 50 of each laying around? Even then there is a new cubic level if I'm not mistaken... could be wrong, though.

Well yes i already have 50 silver and 45 gold of each type.

But thats not my point i don't understand why make the instance less rewarding by removing the coins instead of adding the cubics on top of them.

Also till around floor 6 highest floot i reach in EU gives only bronce grade and we need platinum =S

On 8/1/2019 at 1:28 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is how much you get from weapon.

unknown.png

It can go up to 8 and lower than 6 but 6 is the most common amount you will get from extracting T2 ancient weapons. Good news is that you can farm around 2k genesis crystals each week if you do the quests. Lakrum camps give 51 for each quest so 102 per camp. There is lugbug daily for 80 and 50 crystals for killing 20 normal mobs and 20 elites. The Lakrum 4x4 blue quest got updated to 25 and there are other ways to get them. A T2 weapon is cheaper than T1, it's 157 crystals. It's not nearly enough but it's a source of fragments.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:21 PM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

On TW, is IDD really getting soloed by people?

On EU as well by people already geared from last patch. It's not really worth it because there is a big chance the boss will reset when you go over the fence to kill the mob. It has 2 skills that when it finishes casting you have to be in the arena but even in the arena it got reset. Then there is one skill that almost 1 shot you and if you don't have full hp for sure will do it. In 10 runs I saw one ultimate drop. It's great for farming shugo tho since the instance is a lot smaller than old narakkalli. 

By the way the instance is not easy by any means. The 2 ads that spawn can kill a cleric in campaign gear in 1-2 shots. They hit harder than anything in Prometun.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:38 PM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Screenshote are from TW, but the English text are from EU.

(Weekly?) purchase limits on TW:

• Legendary Ridium:
    • Manastone socketing stones: 3 times
    • Genesis Crystal: 10 times
    • Beverage chest: 5 times
    • Stellium Bundle: 1 times
    • Food chest: 5 times
  • Ultimate Ridium:
    • Herelym Mine entry coin: 1 times
    • Stellium Bundle: 1 times
    • Lodas stars: 5 times
    • Shard bundle: 5 times
    • Fighting Spirit Fragments: 2 times

Gameforge said this is an event npc and on top of that we didn't get it because it might create bigger discrepancy between old and new players that came back. There is no exchange on EU. The new lydium/ridium, called etium, are quite easy to farm. You have 3 dredgions every day and each named elite drop bags with 2 legendary and 1 ultimate etium and a possible amount of 5 of these mobs. You have 2 runatorium every day and for a winning you get 7 legendary and 4 ultimate etium for winning. You have 1 illumiel every day and that is 3 legendary and 1 ultimate etium for winning. The canyon is bugged and wasn't updated yet and still gives the old mats. You can buy from altars with stellium coins but I do not advice that, keep the stellium for ultimate enchant coupons (70) it might spawn daily at your altar and the weekly legendary coupons.

On 8/3/2019 at 6:45 AM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

7.0 Frozen Monolith is a LOT harder than 6.5 Cradle of Eternity. It is not soloable beacuse Nergal's fight has time limit, where he will disappear if the fights went on for too long.

For me it seems easier in a way but there is no point soloing. You get 1 legendary drop in probably 5 runs. Rest of the things are boxes and stuff  that everyone can loot. I can solo it easily with not even full legendary but duo is just a lot faster. This way I can do it on all my undergeared alts for kinah. Here is the amount of kinah from 4 runs (you can do 5 with scroll from gold sand shop - 2 ingots), each run is 2 boxes so 8 random items you can vendor.

eiVGjZl.png

Note here that on EU you can sell to npc for 3x the price of inventory sell. Do this on alts and it's easy kinah.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:58 PM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Yes and no. I did easy 300 crafting on my painter but that is because I saved lots of mats from the previous patch, combined with matryoshka event and free 200% craft amulet for 10 hours (didn't need that much) and some new mats converted. If you're new or just coming back, the drop rate of the mats got severely nerfed so in a way it's harder because it can be a lot more expensive.

On 8/4/2019 at 0:59 AM, Capa-KT said:

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Quest/50176 I believe this is the one and I'm fairly sure EU got it.

No I think that is the 7.2 update when every new class can get gear and it's a quest and not an event. We got an event npc that is giving you gear only for painter class for reaching level 80 and no other class, even if new. So only painter get the new armor but it's nothing amazing because you can't reroll the stats but it's enough to get going and farm the new legendary.

On 8/5/2019 at 5:00 AM, Kubei-DN said:

I'm not sure whether it's region specific, but the drop rate for the new mats is extremely low as well.

The drop rate was already bad in Korea but in 6.5 we got on EU some permanent drop event for increased chance of mats and new items. Right now it's reverted back to Korea's default so we wait for the change. Right now the drop rate of the new mats is quite bad.

2 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

For me it seems easier in a way but there is no point soloing. You get 1 legendary drop in probably 5 runs. Rest of the things are boxes and stuff  that everyone can loot. I can solo it easily with not even full legendary but duo is just a lot faster. This way I can do it on all my undergeared alts for kinah. Here is the amount of kinah from 4 runs (you can do 5 with scroll from gold sand shop - 2 ingots), each run is 2 boxes so 8 random items you can vendor.

eiVGjZl.png

Note here that on EU you can sell to npc for 3x the price of inventory sell. Do this on alts and it's easy kinah.

Yeah, this one is great, but unfortunately, the sales on NA are 10% or less (inventory sales that is, even lesser at NPC) for both prestige and non-prestige users.

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Yeah, this one is great, but unfortunately, the sales on NA are 10% or less (inventory sales that is, even lesser at NPC) for both prestige and non-prestige users.

The value of the new ancient got increased tho. See the difference between an old Garden of Knowledge (CoE)  feather and a new ancient feather from holy tower (FM). Left is the old one, right is the new one.

SAssOOK.png

Will they be giving us a new character slot this time? I for one would like to try but all my slots are full and some classes I have not been able to experience due to lack of slots! I sure hope so!

With everything, I've been reading its sad that the game has changed so much that the population has decreased as bad as it has. I miss the old areas, and going back to them to reminisce the good old days. LOL

Just now, MrMr-DN said:

Will they be giving us a new character slot this time? I for one would like to try but all my slots are full and some classes I have not been able to experience due to lack of slots! I sure hope so!

With everything, I've been reading its sad that the game has changed so much that the population has decreased as bad as it has. I miss the old areas, and going back to them to reminisce the good old days. LOL

Dont expect answers till 21th (launch day of patch) since there isn't much communication between us and the CM(s).

On 10.8.2019 at 10:32 PM, MrMr-DN said:

It's been addressed many times especially since EU got their slots expanded while ours remained as they are. I guess we'll see on launch day on August 21. I've been waiting for it too since I'd love to have the chance to play all classes on one account. u.u

Archived