Let's talk about 7.0

Kubei-DN

Dumah map is huge and reminiscent of Levinshor, Kaldor, Tiamaranta and Katalam all mashed together. Since there's more gears to obtain (mostly Tier 2) it can actually get confusing so to where to go first. The obvious idea is to do BoS (now solo) and FM (which is 3-man) but they did nerf the PvE attack and defense compared to the older gears. It has more stats but sacrificing PvE Def a lot. After that, it's IDD and PF (easy mode where Frigida doesn't transform)

Painter class is fun for a while until you find yourself repeatedly using 3-4 skills which are mostly the draining ones (where you shoot at the enemy and there's this huge band draining their HP). Despite being physical class, it wears cloth and is equally squishy like a SW or Sorc.

Conclusion: A lot of people will hate 7.0 for sure (what a surprise) and the new class. NA will also nerf lots of things that KR/EU have.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks MooMoo. This info should come in handy to help those that don't have a Korea or EU acct. to get an idea of things before 7.0 hits.

@Kubei-DN I still remember getting bombed for pointing out suttle differences between how things work in Korea/EU vs. how they work here. So I'll only say one word: Irony. Sometimes it feels good to be vindicated. Having played 7.0 now on both my Korea and EU accounts I can safely say that IMHO 7.0 will bring back a lil of what we lost when 6x hit. But your right. I too know there will be those that will complain about something or another instead of appreciating getting some things back. 7.0 is far from perfect I know. I'm just saying that for me at least, it is for the first time since 6x a step in the right direction.

I do plan to try the painter (and finally after all these years create a Songweaver) but only IF, and that's a BIG IF, we get the extra character slots promised us here in NA when 6x arrived. I know that now Korea has 13, and so does EU as long as you don't let your Gold thingy expire (and it's dirt cheap) so, it's about time we get what we should have gotten with 6x.

I still hate transformations and will keep a healthy supply of transparency scrolls handy for those occasions where I have to use one but. All in all, I'm looking forward to 7.0.

Thank you for your post.

beating a dead horse a bit but I'll just dump some links from my Discord;

imageproxy.png

New silence duration for all classes (now same in PVE and PVP):
SC/SM : 8s -> 5s
AC : 8s~10s -> 5s
GN : 5s~6s -> 3s
AT : 7s -> 5s
BD : 5s~6s -> 3s
PNT: 3s

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/7.0_Update_-_Skill_Changes All 7.0 Skill Changes

Teleports
9krnva.png

unknown.png

and bonus;
it looks a tad complicated if you don't know what you're looking at, but it gives you a small idea of what quantities you're expected to farm, more or less, during 7.x. AP is also used for crafting (and disenchanting pvp pieces, same as now) so run your Herelym Mines. Even just speed running the far right path solo will make a difference in the long run c:
A0r1xjz.png
(click to enlarge or here's the google spreadsheet version if you prefer -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GzbWLMDDDKYAJEiLB2kx7Y6mCgktNeaImxuX1o0ZA8A/edit#gid=0 )
The notes at the top left simply say that T1 Ultimate pieces can be purified directly into the T2 Ultimate once they are +15 at the same cost in materials as the Legendary tier 2 (purifying into Ult. T2) would require. Same for Legendary T1 +15 -> Legendary T2 +0 (the cost is the same as Ancient T2 +15 -> Legendary T2 +0). As for Ancient T1 +15 -> Ancient T2 +0, it takes not materials whatsoever (it's free). The compensation set can also be purified, the same way/costs as Genesis gear can. (I didn't create the spreadsheet, it was made by Kyuubear/Pandasenpai from the EU servers.)

9 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Painter class is fun for a while until you find yourself repeatedly using 3-4 skills which are mostly the draining ones (where you shoot at the enemy and there's this huge band draining their HP).

A small but important note about these skills in particular. Just like dots, they do not stack if several Painters use the same skill on the same target. However, unlike dots, you cannot override.

In practice this goes like so: PigmentSniffer uses Zappystring A on Anomos. PaintChurner attempts to use Zappystring A on Anomos as well, but cannot and gets a system message that Anomos is already under effect of Zappystring A. Thus PaintChurner has to wait until PigmentSniffer is done with Zappystring A and instead use something else.

This is pretty small potatoes right up until 5 painters decide they'd all like to use the self-healing zap because they just got smacked by the same aoe, at which point hilarity ensues.

40 minutes ago, Rakesh-DN said:

A small but important note about these skills in particular. Just like dots, they do not stack if several Painters use the same skill on the same target. However, unlike dots, you cannot override.

In practice this goes like so: PigmentSniffer uses Zappystring A on Anomos. PaintChurner attempts to use Zappystring A on Anomos as well, but cannot and gets a system message that Anomos is already under effect of Zappystring A. Thus PaintChurner has to wait until PigmentSniffer is done with Zappystring A and instead use something else.

This is pretty small potatoes right up until 5 painters decide they'd all like to use the self-healing zap because they just got smacked by the same aoe, at which point hilarity ensues.

Actually if you are using LASER A and another painter uses LASER A aswell, it will cancel yours and his will cast. Same goes for him if another painter uses it on top of his LASER A.

54 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Actually if you are using LASER A and another painter uses LASER A aswell, it will cancel yours and his will cast. Same goes for him if another painter uses it on top of his LASER A.

This was distinctly not the case on Aion RU, which is where I've been checking out the patch. Regional differences?

9 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I know that now Korea has 13, and so does EU as long as you don't let your Gold thingy expire (and it's dirt cheap) so, it's about time we get what we should have gotten with 6x.

Actually you need a one time purchase (rl money or broker purchase) to activate the rest of the slots and not continuously paying for it. Create these characters during this active period (30 days) and after it expires you can play all your characters created. You won't have the rest of the benefits or lifted limitations after it expired but you're able to play them all. If you decide to delete one character in the expired period it's obvious that you won't be able to create another one.

And here is a little tip for everyone trying EU for testing purpose and are poor to buy any gold pack from broker. Never sell anything through inventory, especially gear drop. Selling your stuff at any npc will give you 3x the value you get by selling through your inventory. Another tip would be, do luna and look if there is any kinah box craft (10 millions kinah box), and preferable .100%/75% crafts with 3 and respectively 2 luna light and not the ones with 5 and 4.

1 hour ago, Rakesh-DN said:

This was distinctly not the case on Aion RU, which is where I've been checking out the patch. Regional differences?

Could be that because on RU there are very few players all around. I haven't noticed this at all on a small scale on EU but that is because everyone has different rotations. But in anything big (RvR) you will notice this. When you cast a laser, the target has a debuff applied. Anyone casting the same laser having the same debuff, you won't be able to use it. I'll have to get info from Koreans on this. Btw the RU update with 7.0 was an earlier version. EU has the skills patch notes and other features from 31 January 2019 included.

4 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

Actually you need a one time purchase (rl money or broker purchase) to activate the rest of the slots and not continuously paying for it. Create these characters during this active period (30 days) and after it expires you can play all your characters created. You won't have the rest of the benefits or lifted limitations after it expired but you're able to play them all. If you decide to delete one character in the expired period it's obvious that you won't be able to create another one.

And here is a little tip for everyone trying EU for testing purpose and are poor to buy any gold pack from broker. Never sell anything through inventory, especially gear drop. Selling your stuff at any npc will give you 3x the value you get by selling through your inventory. Another tip would be, do luna and look if there is any kinah box craft (10 millions kinah box), and preferable .100%/75% crafts with 3 and respectively 2 luna light and not the ones with 5 and 4.

Thanks. Because I only preview patches with my EU and Korea acct's I didn't know this.

However, since I only use my Korea and EU accounts for Preview purposes thus they each only have 2 characters consisting of my two favorite classes: Sorcerer and Assassin. I've explained in previous posts why I do not wish to create more characters on these accounts. However to put it in a nutshell for the purpose of this reply: It'd just be too expensive for me on Disability to to create/maintain more than two characters on these accounts due to my preference in wings and mounts for which each new character would need to have. The wings I can sometimes buy with Kinah but the mounts, nope, they cost real $$ so for now I'm just hoping we get the character slots promised us here in NA (which is my main account for playing) when 6x was released so I can make a Painter and a Songweaver.

Again, thank you.

8 hours ago, Rakesh-DN said:

Well, both lasers will cancel if it's a Painter vs Painter fight and they both use the same laser on eachother. That action cancels both lasers.

5 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Well, both lasers will cancel if it's a Painter vs Painter fight and they both use the same laser on eachother. That action cancels both lasers.

Are we talking about two different things...? Scenario I'm describing: Painter A uses laser A on Anomos. Painter B tries to use laser A on Anomos, cannot, gets a system message along the lines that target (Anomos) is already under effect of this debuff.

52 minutes ago, Rakesh-DN said:

Are we talking about two different things...? Scenario I'm describing: Painter A uses laser A on Anomos. Painter B tries to use laser A on Anomos, cannot, gets a system message along the lines that target (Anomos) is already under effect of this debuff.

In that case it works just like dots as someone already described above. Painter A will have it's laser cast canceled and Painter B will cast the laser.

Maybe try it again? I'm not sure what you tested.

1 hour ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

In that case it works just like dots as someone already described above. Painter A will have it's laser cast canceled and Painter B will cast the laser.

Maybe try it again? I'm not sure what you tested.

First time I found out about it on a Pandora boss. Just checked again, now on regular Dredge mobs. We had 4 painters in the group sooooo wasn't hard to meet the conditions. Same result:

UgV4V0V.jpg

That says 'Skill cannot be used: the target is under another effect' (implied: of the same type). I forget what the wording is exactly but we have an English version of that string somewhere. Doesn't show up very often.

Unfortunately I do not have high expectations of 7.0.

For me. Some players will come back just to try the new version and will soon leave. They will appear during the first week and after a month only current players will be in the game.

The news will be the new class. This new class will probably be hetter/strong than the others and... It's more of the same and none of this will get me excited.

What really bothers me is the deconstruction of the game, the significant changes from the original game. The fact that the opinion of the player (client) is completely irrelevant to the future of this game.

Well. I like the AION gameplay, but I loved its story. DAEVAS / Wizards and angels fighting dragons. Good times! Today we don't have that anymore. Today we are just pets.

Let's go ahead.

13 hours ago, Gwin-DN said:

The news will be the new class. This new class will probably be better/strong than the others and... It's more of the same and none of this will get me excited.

What really bothers me is the deconstruction of the game, the significant changes from the original game. The fact that the opinion of the player (client) is completely irrelevant to the future of this game.

Well. I like the AION gameplay, but I loved its story. DAEVAS / Wizards and angels fighting dragons. Good times! Today we don't have that anymore. Today we are just pets.

You have no idea of how much I agree with this. This game had such a wonderfully rich story and we were DAEVAS!, as you put it, not pets. To combat today's pet issue I won't even use a transformation unless I have a transparency scroll handy to combat it's ridiculousness. But enough re-hashing. Most here know all too well how I feel about what happened to Aion with 6x.

In moving on. 7.0 just might surprise you if you give it a chance. I've played it on both my preview accts. (Korea & EU) and as someone who has been around since the beginning (release) I'm actually looking forward to it. 

Observations I have found on 7.0 Taiwan so far:

Monster Stats
Physical defenses of monsters Lakrum are the same as from 6.5

• Genesis camp NPCs
    • Level 77: 7116
    • Level 78: 8077
    • Level 79: 9038
    • Level 80: 9998
  • Level 80 wildlife (including elite Kibrium mobs): 9998
  • Center Balaur mobs that drop loot: 11997
  • Bastion of Steel final boss: 6155
    • Same physical defense as Mirash final boss

Monsters in Dumaha don't have lots of physical defense (11209) but they have WAY more HP than Lakrum mobs, so they take more time to kill. Elite mobs have even even more HP than non-elite Dumaha mobs so they'll need a party to kill quickly.

Open World Drops

Monsters in Lakrum / Dumaha that are used for quests do not drop any loot.

Lakrum monsters level 79 and under do not drop magic crystals (the new Guiding stones) - this means the two sides of Lakrum.

Lakrum Ancient Kibrium mobs no longer drop cubicles.

In top center section of the map, killing 150 spiders (not a target of Genesis Crystal weekly hunting quest) yielded the following:

• 53 Ancient crystals
  • 18 Legendary crystals
  • 7 Ultimate crystals

These rates seem to be similar to the 6.5 drop rates in the two sides of Lakrums. But only for monsters that do not count toward any quests.

Genesis Crystals

Genesis Crystal equipment costs have reduced by around 30% and are Tier 2. So Genesis Crystal weapon cost around 157 crystals.

Genesis Crystal camp weekly quests now give 51 crystals each (102 per camp-week).

Genesis Crystal mob hunting weekly quests now give 26 crystals and 6 bronze cubicles each.

Two daily Lugbug quests give out Genesis Crystals:

• 50 Crystals, solo-friendly normal mobs (11209 physical defense)
  • 80 Crystals, you need to party (11209 physical defense too, but loads and loads of HP compared to non-elite mobs! )

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

How much fragments do you get from T2 yellow gear when extracted?

I'm curious about this as well. None of the 7.0 videos say how much you get from extracting now. I know you can buy the new T2 fragments with stellium but nowhere have I found what you get from extracting any grade of T2 weapons.

On 7/28/2019 at 2:27 PM, Gwin-DN said:

Unfortunately I do not have high expectations of 7.0.

For me. Some players will come back just to try the new version and will soon leave. They will appear during the first week and after a month only current players will be in the game.

The news will be the new class. This new class will probably be hetter/strong than the others and... It's more of the same and none of this will get me excited.

Let's go ahead.

I see you post comments like this a lot and I'm gonna address two things real quick.

First of all, Aion still has a strong storyline; just because content was deleted doesn't mean there's no lore anymore. And the story is actually pretty frickin' cool if you look into it. Which leads to my second point- I was talking about this with Aria, and if you poke around a bit you'll realize transformations have been alluded to in Aion for- well, basically forever.

Akeri, a random old NPC in Sanctum has had dialogue surrounding transformations- a few key points (we'll just ignore the bits where she tries and fails to turn you into a ribbit):

"Transformation is a specialized discipline. Most Daevas know nothing about it, and nobody's good enough to deserve the title of expert. Well, not yet"
"It involves channeling power directly from the Empyrean Lord Kaisinel himself. I plan to be the first to achieve mastery at it."

Even disregarding the transformations like Guardian Generals I-V, all the different candies, skills like Mau form, and the 5.0 eforms, we have seen it manifest in various NPCs over the years. Veille and Mastarius both look like normal Daevas most of the time but have the ability to transform into much more powerful beings. Dux and Stallari, the Guardian General NPCs "use of a type of divine transformation, similar to what the Empyrean Lords use, to gain their massive size and power." Minions as well- "Minions are actually lesser spirits, that use the power of Aether to transform themselves and take on the appearances of existing NPC characters in Aion. Higher grade minions can transform into stronger NPCs." Even the Empyrean Lords we see all the time, like Kaisinel and Marchutan, look pretty standard until they (you guessed it) transform. 

I get the impression that before 6.0, the transformations we've seen from characters like Mastarius, Veille, Kaisinel, and Marchutan could only be accessed by their respective characters. Now, more people have the ability to take on those powerful forms. 

Transparent Transformation Scrolls are obscenely easy to come by if you just run your Luna dailies; don't get me wrong, I always prefer looking like my actual character instead of a transform too! :D But there are lore explanations for it that seem to imply this system has at least been a concept for a while, and I can appreciate that. Also- 13/18 Normal transformations are animals, 9/16 Greaters, 4/18 Ancients, and 0/10 Legendary. If you don't want to be a "pet," then I'd really recommend playing more so that you unlock transformations that are a) viable b) not anthropomorphic. Cheers! <3 

Archived