Weekly Server Maintenance - July 31, 2019

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, July 31, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Summer Block Party will continue for one more week.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

7jyznywlrdc31.jpg  yy3ssspssxc31.jpg 3m67l4zf32d31.jpg

Maybe next week, say something about 7.0 . I think we are not lucky the administration enters once a week to warn that the servers turn on and off but they never motivate players.

My English is very bad, but I have a discontent with the administration that only comes once a week.

3 minutes ago, Asante-KT said:

Piece of shit company with pieces of shit employees

It mind boggles me how people can think like this and not leave and never come back :). I guess some of their consumers are also PoS.

okwktz.jpg&key=381b17d8034c657a48c2f5201

k9WKZ8m.png&key=8880c3fd3a0af48b01ecbbc1

On 2019-07-17 at 0:37 AM, AOEzy-KT said:

To Cyan, Gideon and Hime

I’d like to explain the current situation of Aion in comparison to previous Aion updates and will predominantly use 5.8 as it was the most recent and had the best events, please do remember these virtual items cost you nothing to implement and make the playerbase happy, most of the items I will mention in the reward list below are NOT OBTAINABLE via in game means besides events.

Aion is one of those games where having fun events that are generously rewarding is the reason the game is enjoyable to the vast majority, and completing other content is just something else to do along with PvP instances. Towards the end of 5.8 with the end of the world event and Smoldering fire temple were the best events that I can remember recently, you guys had even stated the rewards would be more generous than previous events, I’m sure you can be aware how much people farmed to get rewarded with items going into the next update and the positive feedback following it, however after 6.2 the events declined to be next to meaningless, and in roughly 2 weeks you could maybe get 1-2 enchantment stones and the “rubbish items” were meant to be useful during 5.8, not now as opposed to the end of the world event where you could use ALT characters to spam the event and receive maybe 100 tempering solutions a week, which back then was enough to enchant all 7 accessories to +8 or 9 if you’re lucky, which was considered above average gear for the time.

Now during 6.7, I have enchanted every item to Ultimate +15 and it took me 500 legendary PvP enchantment stones and 100 ultimate, which takes an extreme amount of time, money and effort to do without events and is almost on the point of impossible for some, The next events should resemble what we had during the end of the world event, its about that time where we will get 7.0 soon and everyone should be able to catch up on gear going into the next ‘gear reset’ (keep in mind I myself have reached the gear cap and am still asking for others to be able to catchup) I will suggest events and rewards and why they are so needed and impossible to get in game.

The 4 major items NEEDED in LARGE quantities are; Abyss points, Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP enchantment stones, Spirit fragments and Manastones.

-          Abyss points are easy for one reason; they can be farmed in game in a reasonable time frame with the help of ap boost events such as the one we just had (200% ap boost).

-          Ancient, Legendary and Ultimate PvP stones are not nearly as accessible as Omega enchantment stones and Tempering solutions were in 5.8 events, and many more of them are needed (e.g. 500 Legendary, 100 Ultimate for 17 items +5-15)

-          Spirit fragments; This item is right now one of the biggest problems, in order to make 1000 of these at the current broker price of 50,000 kinah per ‘Ancient Guiding Stone’ it will cost 950million kinah, which is not very easily obtained following the release of 6.2 if at all. To upgrade 17 items from legendary grade to ultimate grade it costs 4500 spirit fragments.

-          Manastones were a very common item in 5.8 with SELECTABLE +12 manastone bundles and currently the only way to get those were to have them saved from the 5.8 update and you need roughly 100 Manastones to complete an entire set of 17 items.

The following events should not continue to be like what we have now, where you open a box at the end of the instance, giving you currency to buy a singular item at an npc. Events should return to be like Daeva Dash or Smoldering Fire temple which were community favorite events based on the fact you can loot a box at the end of the instance which would give you USEFUL ITEMS for finishing it, rather than nothing until you complete the instance for example; 6 times for enough tokens to buy X. The main problem is all of these items I will list are needed in large quantities and the easiest way is events. (please keep in mind all of these items are virtual and don’t cost you anything to make the players happy)

Minor/rubbish rewards:

-          Spirit fragment x 25

-          Spirit fragment x 50

-          Selectable level 80 Manastone Bundle

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 100

-          Ancient kibrium x 100

Mid-tier rewards:

-          Spirit Fragment x100

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x 5

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x 10

-          Ultimate PvP enchantment stone x 3

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 250

-          Ancient Kibrium x 250

-          Event Skin (?)

-          Legendary Manastone bundle (selectable)

-          Ultimate Manastone bundle (selectable)

Greater rewards:

-          Spirit Fragment x 300

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x15

-          Legendary PvP enchantment stone x20

-          Ultimate PvP enchantment stone x 5

-          Ultimate Anomos Weapon Box (selectable) same as we had provenance weapon box

-          Ancient Guiding stone x 1000

-          Ancient Kibrium x 100

-          Ultimate Manastone bundle x 3

-          Legendary Manastone bundle x 3

This slow down in logins is normal at the end of a patch. We've had this happen prior to every major patch. So that doesn't bother me much.

What does bother me is, as @Nyali-DN points out, there are things that have been broken or desperately need changing from 6.x that haven't been addressed yet. And that we only see information from NCWest on Tuesdays prior to maint is really worrying.

7 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

This slow down in logins is normal at the end of a patch. We've had this happen prior to every major patch. So that doesn't bother me much.

What does bother me is, as @Nyali-DN points out, there are things that have been broken or desperately need changing from 6.x that haven't been addressed yet. And that we only see information from NCWest on Tuesdays prior to maint is really worrying.

we have to wait a whole week to get a RNG answer from dev/cyan.
This is really worrying because every other game I play, the dev team speaks with the playerbase in a much more higher basis

FF 14 and FF Brave Exvius for exmaple

On 31.7.2019 at 4:29 PM, Aly-DN said:

Maybe they start believe that those issues migth resolve with the next patch? Just throwing this out there... *rofl*

And I agree @Lapis-DN, there are even games like BDO which have their own little issues but the communication and service is much better and they always try to improve and make their playerbase happy not like NCWest. This Luna daily box removal still bothers me a little. u.u

I hold little hope anything in this game can be fixed by NCWest

I'm still patiently waiting for them to revert the changes to cleric skills after they imported some dodgy version of 6.7.

Blessed Shield and Amplification used to stack but now each buff overrides each other (no mention of this in any of the patch notes).
Have you also noticed clerics taking ages to res you or your group? Well, Loci and normal resurrect skills also stopped being affected by cast speed buffs and gear. SO painfully slow to res people now. I rarely even bother if a SW or chanter is in my group.  Again, no mention of these changes anywhere or in any patch notes.

But, at the time, NCWest was getting slammed by the fact enchantment rates were also reverted, meaning small changes like this were overlooked and never fixed. So now we're all probably dealing with similar quality of life changes in our classes, which were slowly added to NA over the course of years, removed suddenly because our publisher didn't have the foresight to predict such changes nor the ability or perhaps care to undo them.

The fact we can still be kicked from EC is just another result of an unfixed change from said dodgy patch.

Meanwhile... Borunerk’s Coin was "fixed" last week so that we can only use 1 coin at a time... Yay thanks! 
I wonder if anyone else noticed, but the coin was ninja updated this week to now be called "Bobonerk's Coin"... Priorities.

17 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Maybe they start believe that those issues migth resolve with the next patch? Just throwing this out there... *rofl*

And I agree @Lapis-DN, there are even games like BDO which have their own little issues but the communication and service is much better and they always try to improve and make their playerbase happy not like NCWest. This Luna daily box removal still bothers me a little. u.u

BDO is only at its level of communication due to the effort made by the consumers(players). PA had no intentions of talking to the NA/EU player base at all. I would go as far to say BDO is a great example of a win for a community over a developer. 

Aion's community have never attempted anything like what happened from BDO's community. May of missed the chance as well but we will never know because aion's community probably will never end up getting everyone together anyways. 

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

BDO is only at its level of communication due to the effort made by the consumers(players). PA had no intentions of talking to the NA/EU player base at all. I would go as far to say BDO is a great example of a win for a community over a developer.

Oh yeah, absolutely! Like I said, they have had their own little issues, no game is perfect but even if not every issues has been resolved on BDO, it doesn't feel like it's stuck like the situation with NCWest. Feels like it's going nowhere.

8 hours ago, Bintang-KT said:

Well, Loci and normal resurrect skills also stopped being affected by cast speed buffs and gear. SO painfully slow to res people now. I rarely even bother if a SW or chanter is in my group.  Again, no mention of these changes anywhere or in any patch notes.

This was not mentioned in NA's patch notes, but it was mentioned in a mini-patch in Korea. So it's not a bug; it's an intended change -- most likely to keep clerics/chanters/sws from insta-resing people with cast speed buffs such as Word of Quickness.

Source: https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/KR_-_Update_August_22nd_2018

Archived