sorc vs. anything but

GenericUser7527

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Painter got HARD NERFED on the last "balance patch" in KR. Lasers are useless for damage now. USELESS. The only true usefull laser is the one that increases your physical and magical def by 2000 for 10 seconds, and can be reused in 10 seconds. It has a 0.5s cast and it has to proc in a player for it to work, but still, that is a good laser (previously the other variation of that daevanion laser did a shiton of damage).

There is no more aetherhold 100-0. There is no stun + laser = dead now. All lasers apply every 1s, and they only start doing damage AFTER 1s of being applied. All painters on KR are running in damage build since the nerf to try and make up for the lasers.

It is still a strong class, but nowere near what it was at the start. For open world I'd still play gladiator. They need to nerf life leech of gladiator. Maybe limit to 1-5k per hit instead of the 20-80k that you can leech now? Roflmao...

3 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Painter got HARD NERFED on the last "balance patch" in KR. Lasers are useless for damage now. USELESS. The only true usefull laser is the one that increases your physical and magical def by 2000 for 10 seconds, and can be reused in 10 seconds. It has a 0.5s cast and it has to proc in a player for it to work, but still, that is a good laser (previously the other variation of that daevanion laser did a shiton of damage).

There is no more aetherhold 100-0. There is no stun + laser = dead now. All lasers apply every 1s, and they only start doing damage AFTER 1s of being applied. All painters on KR are running in damage build since the nerf to try and make up for the lasers.

It is still a strong class, but nowere near what it was at the start. For open world I'd still play gladiator. They need to nerf life leech of gladiator. Maybe limit to 1-5k per hit instead of the 20-80k that you can leech now? Roflmao...

Yes, but that is for 7.2. We're still very much behind 7.0, so 7.2 would come next year at least. Painter's damage is absurd because all it takes is to cast those ropes on ya and your HP is drained in 3 seconds.

^ Ok I actually feel bad for this previous post I made. I went too far with the meming. Making fun of others for something they cant control is degenerate behavior and I apologize. It won't let me edit or delete it :( but I reported it so hopefully it gets taken down.

22 hours ago, Gilan-KT said:

ranger is hard class, kid, you're rubbish...

jokes, besides the fact that we get countered by anything but sorc and perhaps gunner, it's pretty easy (especially when compared to 4.x/5.x) jajer 

+ isn't that the best sorc NA PekPek AKA wasa AKA Jojo AKA finesse aka Appal AKA God Tier NotAion King Super Pawerful Hiper Mega Super Lord esports player?

@Zombiex-DN is that banana your macro button for silence resist + silence resist shield + modor buff?

i play ranger 1 day and win longtime sorc main w/o auto-win sleep arrow, hard matchup for ranger xD

Seriously though, 6.x dumbed down the game and made it a lot more beginner-friendly. It's not just ranger. Pretty much every class was simplified. Many skills were combined, deleted or turned usable while moving. There are less skills to keybind and keep track of and some op skill effect changes. Damage to HP ratios were skewed towards a more tanky meta in 6.2 and in 6.7 not every class was buffed to keep up with the change (especially sorc). With kaisinel we attack, cast and run faster than ever before. Low skillcap 123 skill spam patch lol

There's still definitely a hierachy though. Take AT vs ranger for example. On ranger there are less skills to slideshot but it's still needed to kite and chase properly (especially against decent glads, templars, sins, ATs and chanters) even though you can kinda get away with braindead gameplay at times. AT is still AT. Just use your debuffs correctly and you'll be a god in pvp.

All that being said, it's not like it really matters anyway. Game is too inactive and imbalanced for it to be actually competitive. 

11 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Vandal lasers DPS between 7.0 and 7.2, assuming tick damage is the same (I don't have 7.2 client data):

• Punishment Strap (Aerial Hold conditional)
    • 0.35s tick rate in 7.0
    • 9440 DPS
      • 3304 in 7.2
    • 72688 maximum possible damage
      • 26432 in 7.2
  • Band of Fierceness [Daevanion]
    • 0.35s tick rate in 7.0
    • 6645.7 (65.7) DPS
      • 2326 (23) in 7.2
    • 46520 (460) maximum possible damage
      • 16282 (161) in 7.2
  • Band of Forbearance [Daevanion], Band of Rage [Base]
    • 0.5s tick rate in 7.0
    • 3580 (36) DPS
      • 1790 (18) in 7.2
    • 25060 (252) maximum possible damage
      • 12530 (126) in 7.2
  • Life Binding (life leech)
    • 0.5s tick rate in 7.0
    • 2850 DPS
      • 1425 in 7.2
    • 22800 maximum possible damage
      • 11400 in 7.2
  • Gravity Binding [Daevanion], Time Binding [Daevanion], Time Holding [Base]
    • 0.5s tick rate in 7.0
    • 1554 DPS
      • 777 in 7.2
    • 15540 maximum possible damage
      • 7770 in 7.2

So Vandal lasers got the DPS / total damage reduced by 65% (almost 2/3 of 7.0 damage) for the 0.35s tick rate lasers, and 50% for the 0.5s tick rate lasers?

So Vandal lasers got the DPS / total damage reduced by 65% for the 0.35s tick rate lasers, and 50% for the 0.5s tick rate lasers?

Really ? nerfed that much ? Cause i saw a korean stream this sunday in which painters still pretty much killing anything that moves in 5 sec.

Vandal:

Colour Monster Stage 3, 9750 damage after 2.8s of charging

Colour Fist, 6310 damage instant cast

Sudden Smash + Blow (Shunpo chain), 3171 + 4970 damage instant casts

Sustained Colour Immersion [Daevanion], 3048 (30) x 2 instant casts

Sorcerer:

Nukes got their PvE damage reduced to match PvP damage, and removed PvP damage modifier

Glacial Shard, 5209 water damage, 4s cast time

Storm Strike, 4967 wind damage, 4s cast time

Flames of Wrath, 5635 (87) fire damage, 4s cast time

Summon Rock, 1293 earth damage, instant cast

Empyrean Wrath, 5051 (72) water damage, 2s cast time, 4000 DP

2 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Vandal lasers DPS between 7.0 and 7.2, assuming tick damage is the same (I don't have 7.2 client data):

• Punishment Strap (Aerial Hold conditional)
    • 0.35s tick rate in 7.0
    • 9440 DPS
      • 3304 in 7.2
    • 72688 maximum possible damage
      • 26432 in 7.2
  • Band of Fierceness [Daevanion]
    • 0.35s tick rate in 7.0
    • 6645.7 (65.7) DPS
      • 2326 (23) in 7.2
    • 46520 (460) maximum possible damage
      • 16282 (161) in 7.2
  • Band of Forbearance [Daevanion], Band of Rage [Base]
    • 0.5s tick rate in 7.0
    • 3580 (36) DPS
      • 1790 (18) in 7.2
    • 25060 (252) maximum possible damage
      • 12530 (126) in 7.2
  • Life Binding (life leech)
    • 0.5s tick rate in 7.0
    • 2850 DPS
      • 1425 in 7.2
    • 22800 maximum possible damage
      • 11400 in 7.2
  • Gravity Binding [Daevanion], Time Binding [Daevanion], Time Holding [Base]
    • 0.5s tick rate in 7.0
    • 1554 DPS
      • 777 in 7.2
    • 15540 maximum possible damage
      • 7770 in 7.2

So Vandal lasers got the DPS / total damage reduced by 65% (almost 2/3 of 7.0 damage) for the 0.35s tick rate lasers, and 50% for the 0.5s tick rate lasers?

Are those calculations assuming 1s for all lasers?

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Really ? nerfed that much ? Cause i saw a korean stream this sunday in which painters still pretty much killing anything that moves in 5 sec.

Who were you watching? Because I follow 5 geared Painter streamers, and they only kill undergeared players really fast. Everyone else has a chance to fight back.
http://play.afreecatv.com/zntpfh123
http://play.afreecatv.com/tkdyskfkkk
http://play.afreecatv.com/dtgbku1009
http://play.afreecatv.com/leemin9061
http://play.afreecatv.com/kgp9717

7 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Are those calculations assuming 1s for all lasers?

Who were you watching? Because I follow 5 geared Painter streamers, and they only kill undergeared players really fast. Everyone else has a chance to fight back.
http://play.afreecatv.com/zntpfh123
http://play.afreecatv.com/tkdyskfkkk
http://play.afreecatv.com/dtgbku1009
http://play.afreecatv.com/leemin9061
http://play.afreecatv.com/kgp9717

7.2 laser DPS assumes 1 sec tick rate for everything, based on this document

When the different between (P/M attack + PvE/PvP Attack) and defense stats are really huge (big gear disparity), even a few low damage skills do huge damage...

1 hour ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

7.2 laser DPS assumes 1 sec tick rate for everything, based on this document

When the different between (P/M attack + PvE/PvP Attack) and defense stats are really huge (big gear disparity), even a few low damage skills do huge damage...

The problem is not the damage. The damage wasn't lowered all that much. The trigger rate is were the problem lands. Most times you can't even get the first trigger before being interrupted due to it being such a slow trigger. I'd much rather they lower damage by 50% than change the trigger rate.

Then some people would say "but that's the same thing". No it isn't. Watch the before and after nerf and you will see it would not have been the same.

Archived