sorc vs. anything but

GenericUser7527

On 14/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, Unskilled-KT said:

Decent sorcs that re roll to painter will be gods of pvp. Looking forward to see that happening.

They will be deleted by the sorc guild if they ever dare to go to a trully easy class.

19 hours ago, Polychrome-DN said:

Sorcs in Mass PvP is like a game of ding dong ditch. You throw an ice sheet or flame waltz into a big crowd and run run run run run!

(Sadly it works.)

...man I have a better trick, I am close to the front, I make sure a poor melee class is ahead of me taking the hits, I throw an AoE and then I don't even run backwards... I BLINK myself into the crowd. Please, I was a governor for some time, I know how to sneaky-pvp!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They will be deleted by the sorc guild if they ever dare to go to a trully easy class.

...man I have a better trick, I am close to the front, I make sure a poor melee class is ahead of me taking the hits, I throw an AoE and then I don't even run backwards... I BLINK myself into the crowd. Please, I was a governor for some time, I know how to sneaky-pvp!

The remove shock teleport chain skill for sorc.

/stares into the distance

So, vandal gets a class emote. I want one for my sorc. :(

9 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

So, vandal gets a class emote. I want one for my sorc. :(

6 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

life isnt fair i want one too :/

5 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

It could be an Elsa-y emote with snow and ice and stuff. Or fire. SOMETHING!

...didn't someone already make a VD in a 7.0 server and said that the character has a permanent smirk (crooked smile) or something and people hated it? Unless they have an emotion thing that you hit actively like those emotion cards we learn and it is exclusive to their class only.

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...didn't someone already make a VD in a 7.0 server and said that the character has a permanent smirk (crooked smile) or something and people hated it? Unless they have an emotion thing that you hit actively like those emotion cards we learn and it is exclusive to their class only.

They also stand like one of their legs is broken unless you give them a different idle motion.

7 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

The class by itself is very cocky. Leans on one leg, smiles and winks at you. You can always hide it behind the transform tho.

The only class that transformation will actually do the job then. BUT who are we kidding, everyone will make the shortest characters with the tiniest legs, and skinniest bodies and then will waste money on skins pretending it matters. Nobody can see a smirk in the face of a character that is 2~3 pixels max.

On 8/13/2019 at 0:25 PM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Interesting thread. I've been invested in sorc lately and enjoy seeing information/content and opinions on sorc and one thing I've noticed is that this kind of criticism on the class is a commonality across multiple regions. It's not just a bunch of NA bads complaining because they suck despite what some people seem to think (as evident in that other sorc thread under pvp discussion). Sorc is consistently ranked at or near the bottom of the totem pole. You go on the EU forums and can easily find many posts about how sorc sucks now. That 7.0 class tier video linked earlier in this thread ranks sorc as the lowest and has multiple comments about sorc's current situation. The tier list some guy in another recent thread I forget took from some Koreans ranks sorc low as well. Man even the Russian skillcapped sorc god I look up to said that after 6.2 sorc isn't doing well in pvp. Sorc is just in a bad spot lately pvp-wise. Any experienced sorc who reaches endgame-level gear/skill will know this after playing against other endgame-level players and seeing how much it takes for a sorc to even get a kill on pretty much any class these days. Yet when you mention any of sorc's legitimate problems this patch there's always an idiot to tell you "just git gud noob rubbish stop crying jajaja, sorc is strong and op, I saw this video of this Korean sorc who beat this underskilled player this one time in this patch that isn't even in our region yet". eksdeeee

It just doesn't feel like sorc is properly updated for the current patch/meta compared to other classes, both cooldown-wise and damage-wise. Even getting a proper aetherhold after RS is down isn't nearly the death sentence it used to be due to how nerfed the sorc aetherhold damage skills are compared to old patches. Remember when you could delete 60%+ of somebody's hp without using your big burst cds if you caught them with an aetherhold and no RS? Any sorcs here remember when popping wintry actually stopped people from hitting you? Or when you could easily play off absolute zero with somnolence? 

Not to mention how many 1v1 matchups used to be sorc-sided and just aren't anymore, most notably bard, SM and cleric. Sorc used to counter these so well. You used to have to be paraplegic to lose to cleric as a sorc in 1v1 yet now clerics (and bards) can just run around trolling you until you literally run out of skills to burst with. And SM used to get bullied by sorcs. I remember back when SM needed to be on point with the 40m wing root combo to have a chance (outside of the contract+instafear auto-win rotation). After 4.8 when that was nerfed SMs needed to get a perfect spirit wall to win a good sorc. In 5.x they could throw out the need for skill by tacking on a msupp set and tanking a sorc's entire skillbar. Well now there are no msupp sets so it should go back to being sorc-sided right? Nope. On top of the auto-win instafear rotation they now have an almost instant fear shriek. Another auto-win rotation to use. Oh and let's not forget that if you get your magic rush stripped and don't burst with at least magic rush + flame fusion on a SM then you auto lose as they will survive your entire rotation due to how tanky they are this patch with their vision buff or BG. Yet it just takes them one fear then they can bury silence/fear chain u to death. Sorc's most winnable matchups in 6.x are vs glads and gunners in full CD duels, both of which sorc loses to in arena lol (well the true best matchup for sorc is other sorcs tbh). I do arenas every week on my sorc and it's rage inducing at times. You don't even have the toolkit to continuously outplay competent players, especially when you have absurdly long cooldowns and it takes your entire kit to get a kill while most other classes have nonexistent cds or can at least get kills with their basic cds. Never had these problems while playing SM, bard, cleric, AT or even ranger. 

It's not even necessarily that this class is 'hard to play' or all that complicated. It's just underpowered, so to get decent results you have to overcome that outplaying others hard. Sorc just sucks donkey balls in any pvp format besides full CD 1v1 duels and even then sorcs have to play really well and earn their wins. Meanwhile certain other classes can just spam their buttons and win, thus the memes. 

Pretty much that, lol. Was, like, BoQQ + Vaizels + FS + GS or something, almost instacast. I didn't play Asmo sorc until post cast speed nerf. q_q But, man, it was some good times, except for when I was on the receiving end of that.

*sees Asmo sorc*

*GTFOs*

*too late*

*ded*

We just really weren't balanced for this patch (seriously, "git gud" doesn't cut it), and it sucks because sorc is my favorite class. :/ Storm strike is my favorite animation, and I like pewpew big numbers. Guess vandal will be fun.

32 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

We got any +15 ultimate sorcs running around PvPing and recording in NA?

Yes. Me. Well not quite full +15 ultimate but close enough. xD

Already posted on your youtube links thread but here's my channel: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FMQ2Ub862tkFZEsn_-h2A

some sample vids (2 latest ones):

53 minutes ago, wasa-EK said:

Yes. Me. Well not quite full +15 ultimate but close enough. xD

Already posted on your youtube links thread but here's my channel: 

Yea i saw a few of your videos(yukina fight,You,assassin,cleric vs those other 3 and an ID) I just assumed you were like +10-12 ultimate in them not +15 due to seeing higher damage individual skill damage in other videos i have seen. No offence intended so do not take it that way as the other video's i have seen may of been sorcs vs lower geared people.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

We got any +15 ultimate sorcs running around PvPing and recording in NA?

Dont watch many NA videos, but theres naengpa in Korea, who often have pretty nice matches.

Here is his afreeca stream:

http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/46943557

And here is his channel on youtube:

He is not always playing a fully geared toon, sometimes he is playing a sorc with sort of leg/ultimate mix, but he provides nice fights. It's worth paying attention to his rotation and stigma builds.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Yea i saw a few of your videos(yukina fight,You,assassin,cleric vs those other 3 and an ID) I just assumed you were like +10-12 ultimate in them not +15 due to seeing higher damage individual skill damage in other videos i have seen. No offence intended so do not take it that way as the other video's i have seen may of been sorcs vs lower geared people.

Well yeah. If you look at my older videos there might be some damage output/tanking differences because I've been gradually enchanting/improving my gear since I came back to this game at the start of summer and some of those vids you mentioned are weeks old. However, any pvp involving clerics this patch will make anyone's damage look 'meh'. There's also many other things to consider especially if you're comparing with Korean sorcs where they all have easier access to better gear options such as Kaisinel (which is huge for sorc) and full cloud war instead of craft(majority of my gear)/compensation due to stone availability, extendables for melee along with godly ping and better damage in new patch (if looking at 7.x) which is always going to make them look better/faster/more damage etc etc. Not to mention crit rng. There's just way too many factors involved.

All of that is whatever though. As long as you're geared enough for your rotations to kill your opponent when you play well then you're good to go. What you really should be paying attention to in pvp videos are skill rotations, good combos/reactions and other skill-based mechanics, imo.

Archived