Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - August 7, 2019

Cyan

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:P dont put too much work on them, they'll dissapear again bahahahaha... so disapointed in this "end of the world" event. last one we actually had a chance to progress, and upgrade our gears, to get ready for new patch. nothing here for upgrades, no fragments, stones are shit, maybe increase the enchant rate

15 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone. 

We're going to be making the following changes for the event: 

• You'll get 2 Apocalyptic Ice Gem Chests instead of 1 per run. 
    • As of reading this post (12:18 pm PDT) this is in effect.
  • A sellable version of a Cradle of Eternity Bonus Entry scroll will be added to the Black Cloud Marketplace for 140 Black Cloud Coin. 
    • Due to an issue with the Bonus Entry Scroll for Mirash Sanctum that will not be added to the Black Cloud Marketplace.

We will also be issuing a survey to all level 76 or higher players (redeemable once per account per server) that contains 2 untradable Mirash Sanctum Bonus Entry Scrolls and 2 Apocalyptic Ice Gem Chests. 

Thank you.

Cyan, this is really good, but still. theres low chances to reach that 1200 gems. So plz, try consider either decreasing the prices or increasing the way to obtain the gems. 

Also about this, most of the active player, already burn their entries. Should be a reset entry. Plz consider this as well.

P.S: all the people in the forums and in game, are actually player that are in love with the game. After 10 years they keep playing. Im kinda new, ive been playin since Aion turn from 4.8 to 4.9. And yes thats how new i am. And im still here because i love it... You guys must remember the times before the server merges... Game was almost empty of popullation and u guys can deny that. The merge, events and updates at that time (5.0-6.0) has increased the population again. We all for sure wanna continue playing this game, but dont this to all of us... pls, hear and take notes of your community and execute them. Thx u

Heyyy thanks @Cyan, best thing is to give out a box for each run every player has already done it(since ppl already reseted or burn their runs). 
For those who think that they can't get a legendary one this is the chance.
IF u consider a 12 per box( 5-50) u can get 24 per run. 1200/24 = 50 runs

U have 20 runs if prestige, 16 if not, so you need to reset 30/34 runs. Those resets on luna cost 2400/2720 ( if u only reset 3 of each dg per day)
U can make 1440 lunas per week. so u can do 2880 during this event.
My advice, save the boxes, rest with luna and do your runs. at the end of the week open all the boxes.

• Aion Team
1 hour ago, Gked-DN said:

Hello Cyan,

Thank you for the changes. Any plans of reseting the entries since a lot of us have already run both instances before this update?

They will not be reset. Also, we're having some difficulties with the survey tool and hope to have them out by tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Cyan said:

They will not be reset. Also, we're having some difficulties with the survey tool and hope to have them out by tomorrow. 

ok thx u for the quick response.... 

For all the other ppl, active players, that already did their runs yesterday, like me... we screw. and devs dont care about it =) 

Bye Aion!

3 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Thank you for the update to the event. It does help make it better, but it is a shame for those who ran all their entries yesterday like myself. Thanks for doubling up the rewards though! That is much appreciated for those that still have entries.

45 minutes ago, Cyan said:

If you won't reset the entries how about upping the rewards of the survey for the instances that players already ran instead of an amount that doesn't fully compensate players with multiple characters on one account and prestige, you know that thing some of us still pay for even tho it becomes less and less useful compared to the past. We now seem to get punished for buying it.with no extras from events at all and limited in game (mostly pve) rewards. Remember when prestige was actually beneficial with extra event runs or rewards or keys..?

Just now, Kubei-DN said:

Gee, no reset for entries and they announce the change day after? Sounds exactly like Tia event to me!

Nah Tia was a complete clusterf**k of epic proportions unlike almost any other. This pales to them snatching the reward npc out and making ppl wait over a week to find the new pricing expecting a 4-6 markup only to get boned with a 10 times mark up which really did well by all. Backlash was so bad they had to throw in a power up event for the weekend with no advanced notice claiming it was planned all along.

Still I guess we should be grateful we got a little something in the end here today it is just a shame they couldn't examine the rewards and event BEFORE releasing it to us as they do pretty much all events.

15 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Nah Tia was a complete clusterf**k of epic proportions unlike almost any other. This pales to them snatching the reward npc out and making ppl wait over a week to find the new pricing expecting a 4-6 markup only to get boned with a 10 times mark up which really did well by all. Backlash was so bad they had to throw in a power up event for the weekend with no advanced notice claiming it was planned all along.

Still I guess we should be grateful we got a little something in the end here today it is just a shame they couldn't examine the rewards and event BEFORE releasing it to us as they do pretty much all events.

True to that, but damn, when did NCWest ever double check the rewards and think "maybe this ain't a good idea after all".

21 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

it is just a shame they couldn't examine the rewards and event BEFORE releasing it to us

That has been my main complaint within the past couple months. There is no thought put into anything which results in them having to fix screw-ups.

Examples so I don't look like I'm talking out of my ass:

- This event; didn't do the math on the number of gems/entries needed

- Flower event; didn't do the math on the number of flowers needed

- Luna craft; didn't do the math on how it would affect them financially

- Enchantment stone survey; didn't check their patches which resulted in undoing a fix they had implemented

- Tia Eye event; didn't check to make sure the mechanics (looting) was how they wanted it to be

I'm actually laughing.  Watching the scramble to fix a nerk up.  And you know what..it's not fixed imo.  I see no reason to renew my prestige.  Just the fact they have time and time again shown that it's cash to win at anything, says it will continue to be that way.  I don't mind paying cash for things I want or things that make sense.  I will/used to buy luna for resets, especially the 80+ runs trying to get a voidsoul shirt to drop.  All the people who complain about cash players, don't you realize if there is NO income the server actually does die?  So I understand why they need money, but you can make money by:

1.  Lowering the price of things, 140bc coins for reset ?  lmao...genius mathematicians who work for NCsoft.  Icepicks 80bc coins?  If you lower the prices to what most people find affordable or a value, MORE would buy them thereby making you(NCsoft) MORE money than people who might buy a few high priced items.  I would have bought icepicks if they were 40luna.  That does not mean nerf the drop rate of them more, I managed to get a entire week of instances and not see 1 pick, so you nerfed that up enough ty.

2.  Make more items tradeable or sellable on broker from BC marketplace.  As kinah is now hard to get as a new player sometimes there is no choice but to buy something for money and try to resell for kinah when you get in a bind after enchanting (and failing a lot) only to find out you no longer have enough to transport.

3.  Change the blackcloud lock boxes weekly to items players have requested, skins etc.

4.  I could carry on but I'll stop on number 4.  And this is the most important and probably easiest way to make cash for NcSoft.  LISTEN to your players.  A lot of bright people play this game and there are some very good ideas floating around out there.

You are alienating all the ftp players buy making it impossible for them.  The luna helped, but not everyone has multiple accounts of alts or wants to spend hours a day running boring luna missions.  Lots of ptp (pay to play) players have left.  I see legions falling apart that 3 months ago were top legions in DN.  Every day I log on and there are less and less players in game.  When you loose your FTP(free to play) player base, it will not be long until the ptp are leaving too, and I do believe this is happening already.  

People have pinned their hopes on 7.0 and I can tell you how much I've heard "They will come back for 7.0".  But if 7.0 is anything like the 6.+ it's already failed.  Unless some drastic changes are made Aion will die.  It's on life support right now, but it's not too late.

35 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

- This event; didn't do the math on the number of gems/entries needed

- Flower event; didn't do the math on the number of flowers needed

- Luna craft; didn't do the math on how it would affect them financially

- Enchantment stone survey; didn't check their patches which resulted in undoing a fix they had implemented

- Tia Eye event; didn't check to make sure the mechanics (looting) was how they wanted it to be

NCsoft employee calculating event rewards (2019 colorized):

giphy.gif

Another NCsoft employee testing event mechanics (2019 colorized):

cfc346b63ac9cae87cd8dc223dbd1db0.gif

rubbish event and  rubbish decision

what  players need is pvp stuff like fragment  and pvp stone for  this event

And  all ncwest showing is toying with players 

thank you i don't think  there will be more players coming back for 7.0 instead of quiting the game

Archived