How do we get NCSoft to listen to us?

fearemall-DN

Simple - with our wallets. Don’t fall for their event scams and don’t pay for stupid things on the BCM with your $$(such as 10 pvp stones for 3400 BCC)....clearly NCSoft won’t listen to what we have to say on the forum so the only way we can speak is by what we pay for because that is clearly what they pay attention to most. Only pay for stuff that benefits you in the long run. Prestige is ok (or the most reasonable thing we can possibly pay for because of the fighting frags)but until we change that I can’t see how they will change anything else. If NCSoft sees they can make money from events like this that will only encourage them to do more and more of the same thing. What do you guys think? Put your wallet out of action and it may speak louder than words because our posts clearly aren’t being listened to. If we just keep opening our wallets blindly, then don’t expect anything to change in my opinion....make ncsoft say “hey, we see high sales from this, so lets put more of this in” to good things and not garbage things like event cash grabs

Is ok lol is NC decision to make more people quitting the game by putting in so much RNG in this game  we spent money to get better chance right ? , but just same old RNG in game doesn't matter how much we pay them , i am starting slowly playing this game and gonna stop my prestige just cus their stupid event and RNG in this game is losing interest and motivation in game  lol

1 hour ago, fearemall-DN said:

What do you guys think? Put your wallet out of action and it may speak louder than words because our posts clearly aren’t being listened to. If we just keep opening our wallets blindly, then don’t expect anything to change in my opinion....make ncsoft say “hey, we see high sales from this, so lets put more of this in” to good things and not garbage things like event cash grabs

People said the same during the Tia Event. NC's reply was to put Omegas and Temperings up for sale and guess what, a good chunk of the community instantly did a 180 and started buying them in heaps. I wouldn't have high hopes for this since hypocrisy is a thing and they know it.

I'm honestly starting to think they've already set a deadline for when Aion PC is set to shutdown, and are just trying to bring it about quicker while trying to squeeze out some last bits. People supporting the game or not may not make any difference anymore at this point.

12 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

I'm honestly starting to think they've already set a deadline for when Aion PC is set to shutdown, and are just trying to bring it about quicker while trying to squeeze out some last bits. People supporting the game or not may not make any difference anymore at this point.

I expect a merge with GF rather than a complete shutdown, but otherwise, yea, in one way or another, this truly is an End of the World "event". 

39 minutes ago, Afterglow-KT said:

I expect a merge with GF rather than a complete shutdown, but otherwise, yea, in one way or another, this truly is an End of the World "event". 

Gameforge's rights for publishing Aion end in January 2020 I believe.

51 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Gameforge's rights for publishing Aion end in January 2020 I believe.

Really ? Are they going to continue the contract ? Honestly I don't support gameforge that much because they going to block countries that outside their services o_o

Maybe Innova better ? O.o Innova performance seems good.

23 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Really ? Are they going to continue the contract ? Honestly I don't support gameforge that much because they going to block countries that outside their services o_o

Maybe Innova better ? O.o Innova performance seems good.

A license has to be renewed periodically. Since EU has the most amount of players beside CN, I'm sure they will renew.

Innova servers are dead. Almost no players. Look at twitch and see that every Russian out there went to private servers and how the official struggle with players. This is what p2w did to the game.

19 minutes ago, 2s105714-DN said:

A license has to be renewed periodically. Since EU has the most amount of players beside CN, I'm sure they will renew.

Innova servers are dead. Almost no players. Look at twitch and see that every Russian out there went to private servers and how the official struggle with players. This is what p2w did to the game.

Hmm I see well that's bad for RU then,I curious what future holding for NA :/

On 2019-08-07 at 4:11 PM, fearemall-DN said:

Simple - with our wallets. Don’t fall for their event scams and don’t pay for stupid things on the BCM with your $$(such as 10 pvp stones for 3400 BCC)....clearly NCSoft won’t listen to what we have to say on the forum so the only way we can speak is by what we pay for because that is clearly what they pay attention to most. Only pay for stuff that benefits you in the long run. Prestige is ok (or the most reasonable thing we can possibly pay for because of the fighting frags)but until we change that I can’t see how they will change anything else. If NCSoft sees they can make money from events like this that will only encourage them to do more and more of the same thing. What do you guys think? Put your wallet out of action and it may speak louder than words because our posts clearly aren’t being listened to. If we just keep opening our wallets blindly, then don’t expect anything to change in my opinion....make ncsoft say “hey, we see high sales from this, so lets put more of this in” to good things and not garbage things like event cash grabs

Cool idea, unfortunately with NA's current business model the people who have reasons to complain don't spend nearly enough on the game to matter. Hence, if you haven't spent 2k$+ in 6.x, you don't really matter, and you can stomp your feet about it all you want, but Ncwest still won't listen to you, even if you uninstall. c:

The only one you're penalising by keeping to buying "prestige only" is yourself, Ncwest isn't hurt by it in the slightest when the guy next to you spends 500 on every event, and more on profitable ones.

But hey... commendable effort I guess.

NC west is really bad at shutting games down. It is really sad that they have screwed this beautiful game up and practically destroyed the world, but it is no surprise to me... Wild Star, dead... COH, dead.... Tabula Raza, dead. Aion… in the process of being killed They really don't have a good standing of taking care of their clientele which is why EOS, BDO, SWTOR, STO, Tera, and a lot of others are doing much better than NCwest.

On 2019-08-07 at 2:11 PM, fearemall-DN said:

If we really want NC to listen to us we should find out who is in charge of the people at NCwest. Gideon is more than likely terminated at this point since he has been MIA since December.  If we can find out who NCwest employees boss is and complain that they are doing a horrible job(they cant even make money in the shop because they dont add skins or motions or anything useful really) They are doing literally less than bare minimum to keep the servers working. They know nothing about aion and nothing about marketing or economics and business. There is huge potential to make money from even "f2p" players in Aion with minimum effort. 99% of random players could increase aion profits and player enjoyment by hundreds of percent with a few suggestions.

1: who is in charge of the people at NCwest?

2: How do we contact him?

3: We need to go over the empty heads at NCwest and talk to their boss.

Well it seems weird but BnS is doing good while Aion suck yet managing by same people.

Btw example of abandoning a game that not making money is not uncommon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament_(upcoming_video_game)
Since July 2017, there have been no new updates. The bulk of the developer team has since transitioned to develop and maintain Fortnite Battle Royale.[11] Development of Unreal Tournament was confirmed to be halted indefinitely in December 2018, though the game will remain available in its current state to play.

We don't really need to contact the CEO of NCSoft. But of NCWest might be a good place to start. As players if we say that we want to spend money but kinda can't because they are not supporting the game/shop in ANY way they might do something if someone writes a letter.

At this point we know the forums are useless and will NOT help us. We know Cyan+Hime+Gideon are all useless as contacts so lets go over their head to their boss and let Yoon know how poor of a job some of the employees are doing at NCWest.

7 hours ago, TylerJuan-KT said:

At this point we know the forums are useless and will NOT help us. We know Cyan+Hime+Gideon are all useless as contacts so lets go over their head to their boss and let Yoon know how poor of a job some of the employees are doing at NCWest.

Odds are they're focusing their attentions elsewhere because Yoon told them to do so. Believe me, if NA Aion was a priority for NCSoft/NCWest, they'd make a conscious effort to keep us engaged. Look at how every other version of Aion (just the game and their events, not staff engagement) is better in comparison to our own. This isn't what NCWest decides, it's simply what's given to them by Korea, which is why they always have to wait for response if anything goes wrong. All this talk about going over people's heads is just going to turn low level employees into scapegoats for poor decision making from the highest levels of the organization.

Guarantee they're just going to give you a canned PR message about how they're going to do better with no real results coming from it.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:50 AM, Forgotten-DN said:

Odds are they're focusing their attentions elsewhere because Yoon told them to do so.

This. Cyan, Hime, and Gideon aren't just NOT doing their jobs, yet still remaining employed. NCWest has almost assuredly told them to focus a lot less on Aion (the lowest moneymaker) and put their time into other games that make more money for the company.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:37 AM, TylerJuan-KT said:

We know Cyan+Hime+Gideon are all useless as contacts so lets go over their head to their boss and let Yoon know how poor of a job some of the employees are doing at NCWest.

Nah, they just got reallocated. Or rather, they are doing exactly what they were told to do: focus on Blade & Soul.

When Blade and Soul's senior producer (Jonathan Lien a.k.a Babbletr0n) and its CM left the team NCWest didn't hire new people, they just reallocated what most know as the Aion folks (Cyan, Hime) to it. Cyan was already writing up much of the BnS website articles and patch notes anyway, now he also does the content streams with Hime so yeah. Aion is on maintenance mode anyway until its inevitable closure, so why not?

Just for the record, BnS is not exactly the promised land either. Game went from 32 to 2 servers within 1.5 years, and bar a few couple hundred dedicated players/whales the game is just about as dead as Aion. It's all about introducing new gear gaps and money sinks with ever-increasing grinds. It's clear where NCSoft/NCWest's future lies (mobages), and once a game is no longer profitable they'll pull the plug without second thoughts (hello MxM - 6 months).

In the past Aion was one of NC's big titles, but now? 6.0 deleted half the game, a lot of the 6.0 monster models and other assets are 1:1 copypastes of existing Blade and Soul assets (someone still has that image?)...you can imagine the rest. 6.x just turned out to be a bad patch managed by worse companies, that only was brought into existence to secure more funds for their upcoming mobage titles.

8 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

...once a game is no longer profitable they'll pull the plug without second thoughts (hello MxM - 6 months).

Question! Do you know if MxM was pulled in Asian countries as well? It failed hard in the West because it couldn't maintain a player-base for matchmaking, but I can't find any articles about its status in Korea or other regions.

13 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Question! Do you know if MxM was pulled in Asian countries as well? It failed hard in the West because it couldn't maintain a player-base for matchmaking, but I can't find any articles about its status in Korea or other regions.

MxM launched in the West first, presumably as a testing run to gauge interest for other regions. There were plans for a Chinese version iirc, but those plans never made it into anything concrete like a public alpha or beta. There hasn't been any news on that for over a year now either, so the whole thing was probably scrapped.

Rumor has it a couple dedicated folks are working on a private server, but with the whole City of Heroes private server thing still fresh in everyone's minds it'll be another few years before anything appears on that. If ever.

2 hours ago, Forgotten-DN said:

1 hour ago, Mirei-KT said:

MxM launched in the West first, presumably as a testing run to gauge interest for other regions. There were plans for a Chinese version iirc, but those plans never made it into anything concrete like a public alpha or beta. There hasn't been any news on that for over a year now either, so the whole thing was probably scrapped.

Rumor has it a couple dedicated folks are working on a private server, but with the whole City of Heroes private server thing still fresh in everyone's minds it'll be another few years before anything appears on that. If ever.

From what I understand, it's 100% trashcanned. :< I can't find anything about it on NC-K's site anymore.

2 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

Nah, they just got reallocated. Or rather, they are doing exactly what they were told to do: focus on Blade & Soul.

When Blade and Soul's senior producer (Jonathan Lien a.k.a Babbletr0n) and its CM left the team NCWest didn't hire new people, they just reallocated what most know as the Aion folks (Cyan, Hime) to it. Cyan was already writing up much of the BnS website articles and patch notes anyway, now he also does the content streams with Hime so yeah. Aion is on maintenance mode anyway until its inevitable closure, so why not?

Pretty much this, and given the fact that a most of the new stuff are copies from other ncgames, the shrinking of the game and the 180 turns that happen on every update makes me think that, even back in kr, theres hardly anyone working on the aion full time wich is a sad state of affairs.

Sadly to say, Aion is a game we love, but NC soft is the company that's been screwing people up.

it's like a bucket when there's way too much disappointment in it, it's better just dump it for good.

Either try play on other servers. you might have higher ping or problem with the siege scedules. but better services, good player base, costs less money, and more enjoyable game experience.

or simply play other games instead. Your voices on this forum have become nothing but some random dog barks. Time to move on guys.

Archived