Forums

5 OF 10 OF THE TOP 10 IN ARENA RANK IS CLERIC

mastergod-DN

Chanter chiming in here. I don't think it's a class imbalance as much as the arenas having those points just lying around. Sure the heals suck, but clerics are healers. It takes a VERY geared cleric to deal immense dmg and keep the heals going. But that one shield that makes them invincible for a time, letting them get the points and then just heal the rest of the fight- THAT is why a lot of clerics are in high rankings. Wait for tenacity to be back. 

Just my 2 cents

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

This is what I basically see are the complaints from NA. Pretty sure if they nerfed Cleric's damage even more people would still go "But their sustain is too much". What I hear is "Yes Clerics can't can't blow you in in seconds but their sustain is too high!!". Which baffles me because if their dps is nerfed and now you nerf their sustain you basically will have a target dummy class. Then no one will play Cleric and we will all be stuck in LFG waiting for the 4 people who still play Cleric to log on. I probably shouldn't judge balance from watching korean videos but they are equal on most things. Gear, ping and transformations. I watch the cleric Jalnu. I watch Better and also Chovgeta. Chovgeta even stated he thinks Spiritmaster beat Cleric since they got buffed in 7.0. None of them complain about Clerics and I have also seen them destroy Clerics but like I said they are fighting on equal terms.

ye people always looking for something to complain about :P
In Korea, no one complains about clerics  and its cuz there's the real endgame, here in NA the difference of gear, ping or transformations decides the pvp,most of the time but not always obviously.

here they want the cleric to be a class with 0 survival and 0 dps ( a target dummy class how u said LUL) :D, but that will never happen in 7.0 or in any version of the game, so if you don't like a class, (like me I don't like to fight against gunner, sorc or sw) learn to fight against those classes :)

Nobody will ever be able to bring absolute balance because that would be impossible. The right thing would be 1v1 arenas to be class based and have ranks for every class individually. This will be the only balance that will ever be. If a healing class can dps, a dps class should heal.

Get ready for aion 7.0, give it 1 month and we will see painters walking around with ultimate +15 killing everyone in the arenas.

Glads dont beat top clerics in Korea, where that even come from. Look at a glad fighting a geared gunner or Cleric, and its a totally one sided match, its not even funny. Sins beat clerics, but sin can burst you once, and then hide the rest of the round, so of course you see that. Even so, in Korea since they play with low ping, a glad or a sin can follow attacking without getting auto attack messages like here, where people play with 100 ping.

16 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Nobody will ever be able to bring absolute balance because that would be impossible. The right thing would be 1v1 arenas to be class based and have ranks for every class individually. This will be the only balance that will ever be. If a healing class can dps, a dps class should heal.

Get ready for aion 7.0, give it 1 month and we will see painters walking around with ultimate +15 killing everyone in the arenas.

Competition rankings seem pretty balanced in Korea from what I can see.

Besides, the guy here who created the topic, is complaining about harmony rankings. Discipline is pretty balanced from what I can see, and an SM is number 1 as no surprise. Now, when I do 3v3, OF COURSE anyone with half brains will want a good Cleric for that, and of course, the teams with the best Clerics will win more. Nothing out of extraordinaire/

12 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

the guy here who created the topic, is complaining about harmony rankings. Discipline is pretty balanced from what I can see, and an SM is number 1 as no surprise. Now, when I do 3v3, OF COURSE anyone with half brains will want a good Cleric for that, and of course, the teams with the best Clerics will win more. Nothing out of extraordinaire/

...in this case I stand corrected, obviously EVERY group in harmony has one cleric so no doubt clerics are going to be overpresented in the harmony arenas. But nobody plays there normally, top people are always teamed with their own alt group.

I thought this was for discipline, I stand corrected.

6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...in this case I stand corrected, obviously EVERY group in harmony has one cleric so no doubt clerics are going to be overpresented in the harmony arenas. But nobody plays there normally, top people are always teamed with their own alt group.

I thought this was for discipline, I stand corrected.

Actually, you are correct. I saw ally's comment about people fighting their own alts, and imagined the subject was harmony, without looking at the original post. my bad.

On 17/08/2019 at 4:06 AM, Zombiex-DN said:

ye people always looking for something to complain about :P
In Korea, no one complains about clerics  and its cuz there's the real endgame, here in NA the difference of gear, ping or transformations decides the pvp,most of the time but not always obviously.

here they want the cleric to be a class with 0 survival and 0 dps ( a target dummy class how u said LUL) :D, but that will never happen in 7.0 or in any version of the game, so if you don't like a class, (like me I don't like to fight against gunner, sorc or sw) learn to fight against those classes :)

what you're really not understanding is its not balanced to be unkillable and do damage at the same time; aka right now, its a little more balanced and makes clerics killable in whatever update korea has which you seem to like giving as an example, where you use sacrificial power and have negative heal boost, or use benevolence and have basically no magic attack, you shouldnt be able to do both at once lol

9 hours ago, Say-KT said:

what you're really not understanding is its not balanced to be unkillable and do damage at the same time; aka right now, its a little more balanced and makes clerics killable in whatever update korea has which you seem to like giving as an example, where you use sacrificial power and have negative heal boost, or use benevolence and have basically no magic attack, you shouldnt be able to do both at once lol

...otherwise everyone should be able to heal+dps, no matter the class.

On 14/08/2019 at 2:51 AM, MechBird-DN said:

Imagine being an AT complaining about a support class damage 

funny, who is the top 1 AT in arena for more than a year?

I have not commented on cleric's damage, but on healing, u deal 20~30k DMG in Cleric and cleric heal 30~50k in same time wow, even a retard who does the minimum of pvp knows it.

Just all of you should accept the reality, not trying to change it. If you can't kill a cleric or chanter, you can't and you won't can. But if you can't win killing search another way, sometimes works, sometimes.

In notaion the heals are nerfed, being not affected by shards. Even so clerics are invencible in .1v1 unless they are unbrained.

You can see some kr videos vs cleric and it dies 0 times, but the enemy did accept the reality and did search another way to win.

I always remember the game Top Gear, it is like aion, you can choose the white car (the strongest) and get easy wins or choose the red car (the weakest) and get sometimes a fun hard win, but you wouldn't get it if there aren't stronger contrincants.

Let's see if in na we see regional nerfs to cleric with 7.0.

where you use sacrificial power and have negative heal boost, or use benevolence and have basically no magic attack, you shouldnt be able to do both at once lol

Well, they should be able to do both at once. They have no silence, cant stun lock, dont aether hold. All they can do is root, blind and soak the damage you do to them. The problem is that the ratio of healing/damage received is not right.

11 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, they should be able to do both at once. They have no silence, cant stun lock, dont aether hold. All they can do is root, blind and soak the damage you do to them. The problem is that the ratio of healing/damage received is not right.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what happens when they rs a stun, have 8 second rs buff, 15 second modor buff, 10sec resistance buff, rs is up again by then so your logic of stunlocking is irrelevant, you don't need silence when you have a 50% cast/attakc speed reduction on a main skill chain for whatever reason. I would trade all my stuns to be invincible and kill people by being afk, if even 1 of my stuns fail to stun through anything I just auto lose

20 minutes ago, Say-KT said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what happens when they rs a stun, have 8 second rs buff, 15 second modor buff, 10sec resistance buff, rs is up again by then so your logic of stunlocking is irrelevant, you don't need silence when you have a 50% cast/attakc speed reduction on a main skill chain for whatever reason. I would trade all my stuns to be invincible and kill people by being afk, if even 1 of my stuns fail to stun through anything I just auto lose

did some cleric traumatize you? Come tell me, cry on my shoulder i know cleric is a stupid class but i never saw so much resentment in a person about a class, I will be your protective dad and I will fight against those clerics, come cry on my shoulder

25 minutes ago, Zombiex-DN said:

did some cleric traumatize you? Come tell me, cry on my shoulder i know cleric is a stupid class but i never saw so much resentment in a person about a class, I will be your protective dad and I will fight against those clerics, come cry on my shoulder

nah I only lost to a cleric twice in arena this patch, however what im saying isn't wrong and ill give it a week before everyone is in tears about painter

7 hours ago, Youmu-EK said:

Just all of you should accept the reality, not trying to change it. If you can't kill a cleric or chanter, you can't and you won't can. But if you can't win killing search another way, sometimes works, sometimes.

In notaion the heals are nerfed, being not affected by shards. Even so clerics are invencible in .1v1 unless they are unbrained.

You can see some kr videos vs cleric and it dies 0 times, but the enemy did accept the reality and did search another way to win.

I always remember the game Top Gear, it is like aion, you can choose the white car (the strongest) and get easy wins or choose the red car (the weakest) and get sometimes a fun hard win, but you wouldn't get it if there aren't stronger contrincants.

Let's see if in na we see regional nerfs to cleric with 7.0.

Um.. What are you talking about? Watch korean videos and clerics never die 1 vs 1. What and who's videos are you watching? I watch Better, Chovgeta and Jalnu a cleric. Better has videos of him against clerics and not only has he killed them, he also won the arenas. Chovgeta says Jalnu is a good cleric and if I remember correctly they are friends and Chovegta has beaten Jalnu sometimes on his spiritmaster. Go to Jalnu's videos on youtube. The very long videos contains arenas where he wins some and loses some. There's some were he lost against glads and sms. Your whole paragraph confuses me.

37 minutes ago, Briearios-DN said:

Um.. What are you talking about? Watch korean videos and clerics never die 1 vs 1. What and who's videos are you watching? I watch Better, Chovgeta and Jalnu a cleric. Better has videos of him against clerics and not only has he killed them, he also won the arenas. Chovgeta says Jalnu is a good cleric and if I remember correctly they are friends and Chovegta has beaten Jalnu sometimes on his spiritmaster. Go to Jalnu's videos on youtube. The very long videos contains arenas where he wins some and loses some. There's some were he lost against glads and sms. Your whole paragraph confuses me.

Hmm, I dont think I ever seen Jalnu losing to a glad on arena or even otherwise. I would like to see that and the name of this glad.

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Hmm, I dont think I ever seen Jalnu losing to a glad on arena or even otherwise. I would like to see that and the name of this glad.

This one he loses to a gunner and 2 sms. Or maybe it was the same sm.

This is one of the streams he loses to a glad. He has more but I can't go through them all to find them. These things are so freaking long. 

I might try to find one more.. M I G H T.. There was one where the glad shreked him so hard he was silent after. It was hilarious.

xD yea you can't really count clerics they're a non competitive class.    NCSoft couldn't decide how to treat cleric since the game needs a healer, but at the same time they want to promote 1 v 1 arenas and what not so they give cleric the ability to damage "heavily" as well.  Same as a few others such as templar,  they're tanks but they're able to dps hard as well but again you gota find the balance some how....its 10 years too late but the best balances for any classs such as cleric or templar

if you go out nuking cleric heals should be cut by 50% or double cooldown time

if templar pop attack skills it should negate defense skills 

just goes to show no one really ever used their head when designing the pvp aspect

Let's see if we have more luck with the extendable weapons, so we can beat clerics with a simple random lucky stumble crit + kromede stun combo.

Cleric have that super long insta blind and heal reducer, completely anti physical. Hp low? Inmortal barrier + amplification + ripple/splendor and almost full hp in 2 seconds. As always they can die when they can do nothing, like being paralized by gunner or the 20s fear combo.

I don't have problems accepting the reality: i can't beat a cleric in equal conditions, the game is made so. But you shouldn't complain saying it is an incomplete class just for lacking silence or stun.

This is one of the streams he loses to a glad. He has more but I can't go through them all to find them. These things are so freaking long. 

If you are talking to those 2 matches around 1:30:00 or something, well, he lost one of them, but both of them were 7:5 in his favor in kills. He lost the last one because he got killed twice in a row on the third round.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, Matsukamy-KT said:

If you are talking to those 2 matches around 1:30:00 or something, well, he lost one of them, but both of them were 7:5 in his favor in kills. He lost the last one because he got killed twice in a row on the third round.

Will you all make up your minds.. A lot of people in this thread are stating "Cleric can't be killed!". "Clerics in korea don't die 1 vs 1!!". I linked 2 videos of a top rated cleric not only dying but one is of him dying to a class people say can't kill a cleric. Now it's "The cleric's kills were in his favor though!!". -_- I swear NA.. Like the complaint back in 3.0 that if you used glacial shard you were bad. Then it was if you are fear you are bad. Now it's cleric is op. Meanwhile in korea Spiritmasters feared the hell out of people, most of them don't even have cleric in their top classes, they flamed people for playing Songweaver and Painter.

On 8/26/2019 at 9:23 PM, Briearios-DN said:

Will you all make up your minds.. A lot of people in this thread are stating "Cleric can't be killed!". "Clerics in korea don't die 1 vs 1!!". I linked 2 videos of a top rated cleric not only dying but one is of him dying to a class people say can't kill a cleric. Now it's "The cleric's kills were in his favor though!!". -_- I swear NA.. Like the complaint back in 3.0 that if you used glacial shard you were bad. Then it was if you are fear you are bad. Now it's cleric is op. Meanwhile in korea Spiritmasters feared the hell out of people, most of them don't even have cleric in their top classes, they flamed people for playing Songweaver and Painter.

When we say that Clerics cant be killed it's obvious hyperbole. Everyone of us already killed a Cleric. The fact is that the cleric simply face tanks the gladiator and is still more efficient in killing then he is. (Not that I'm saying that it should be the opposite). 

• 4 weeks later...

You can see in korea cleric vs melee a match close to be equal because all they have red extendable 7.0 weapon and 95% of us the na players don't have plus 50% of us have more than 100 ms :/ We need asap the extendable weapon box event.

Sm is very strong but in discipline cleric has 1 big advantage, you can lose letting it with 10% hp and then when you ress, the enemy is full again; against sm you can complete the kill with 1 or 2 hits normally.

Server needs more clerics. If you are thinking in returning, it is a good option.

Archived