My Aion Calendar/Schedule + Altars doubt

Zeyra-KT

Hi:

A few months ago I made in Google Calendar a Schedule for myself based on an old spreadsheet that Megaphone use to make, so I could also get alerts while playing Aion or doing else.

Fair warning is in Spanish but I've subtitled it in my perfect (not) engrish :)

It's basically me showing what I made and explaining how to set it up for the ones that had never used a Google Calendar. If you don't use this kind of calendars I've also updated that old spreadsheet so you can also Bookmark it and use it as reference.

Aion's Schedule 6.7 spreadsheet

Since next week we are getting the 7.0 patch update with Altars and new siege times I will be updating the calendar's file as soon as I get the patch notes. On that note, I would like to ask @Cyan if you could clarify something that you guys mentioned in the live stream, are Altars going to be vulnerable only once a day? not twice like in EU/KR?

I truly hope some of this is useful to you as it was for my friends and if I got any time wrongly just tell me.

Lots of love,
Zeyra

Yo, @Cyan, you may want to update the news post about 7.0 then, since it mentions Altar sieges are meant to happen twice a day:

https://www.aiononline.com/news/mark-of-the-vandal-arrives-august-21

Altar Sieges

Scattered throughout Demaha are Altars to the old Dragon Lord, Apsu. Protected by his worshipers many centuries later, Stellin Industries has requested Daevas to reclaim these altars so the company can push forward the development of the area. Every day at 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. server time, you’ll be able to siege the Altars. Conquering the Apmaha Head Priest will claim the Altar for the faction and Legion with the highest contribution, helping turn the tide of battle in your favor.

1 minute ago, Hinotori-DN said:

Yo, @Cyan, you may want to update the news post about 7.0 then, since it mentions Altar sieges are meant to happen twice a day:

https://www.aiononline.com/news/mark-of-the-vandal-arrives-august-21

Yes!! thx!! Now that you posted that I remember it!! So it was just a mistake in the stream!! @Aly check that out, must be a mistake.

1 minute ago, Zeyra-KT said:

Yes!! thx!! Now that you posted that I remember it!! So it was just a mistake in the stream!! @Aly check that out, must be a mistake.

I thought it was twice a day as well and several of us asked specifically. Cyan looked up and said to clarify that altar sieges were -once- per day at 8pm server time. So if they made a mistake on the stream, when asked to correct that mistake they doubled down on that mistake.

@Cyan.. we need an absolute answer on this, please.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

The website had inaccurate info, sorry. Altars will only be available once per day at 8 p.m. I have since updated the website.

ye, that's a sad thing, there are 11 altars, all of them have weekly quests and only 1 legion can get them... it will be harder from it to rotate between legions of same faction. We've 2 factions , 7 days(1 per day to get them) and only the conquering legion can benefit from altar npc( especial one)/weekly quests.

That will limit the progress a lot and restrict the progress to 1/2 legions within the same faction.... you should see/ understand the mechanics of altar sieges...

all other regions have 2 because of this, why change?

13 hours ago, PsychoShooter-KT said:

That will limit the progress a lot and restrict the progress to 1/2 legions within the same faction

It's unfortunate because it's already causing faction disgruntlement. At least on DN-A, we already have 2 "mega legions" which have formed with the intent of always being the ones to take the alters. I expect there will be a lot of lfg drama every time the altars go live just like how it was when flipping camps was a daily thing instead of weekly. Lots of faction fighting. It's pretty sad.

57 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

It's unfortunate because it's already causing faction disgruntlement. At least on DN-A, we already have 2 "mega legions" which have formed with the intent of always being the ones to take the alters. I expect there will be a lot of lfg drama every time the altars go live just like how it was when flipping camps was a daily thing instead of weekly. Lots of faction fighting. It's pretty sad.

A lot of ego in a very small space. If nothing else, it's going to be entertaining!

@Cyan so about altar sieges is this definitely or are you planing on putting twice per day when you add the remaining altars(9th/10th/11th)?

As I and everyone else say before this is a critical thing on the gameplay. Of course that there's other ways of progress but this will limit the faster progress to 1/2 legions within the faction and create rifts/divisions(more) on the faction and this isn't healty.

Please review and take this on consideration

If we want to go old school, the two factions reach an agreement where the dominated faction gets a single altar while the dominant faction gets everything else, and, within that, legions rotate who gets ownership.

And then everything falls apart, everyone blames the other, and it becomes an FFA mess, leaving the dominated faction to transfer/quit while the dominant factions cries that there's no one to pvp against.

Good times.

Note: I don't know how these new altars work and am mostly being snarky. 

13 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Damn, thankies @Zeyra-KT for this sheet! I've been looking for an updated version since the old one got outdated. Looking forward to it! <3

thx for the thxs and yw!!!

12 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So altars will only benefit legions who own them, welcome to the old school drama about legion politics.
This is an update I know I won't bother much with the new content if this is the case. I enjoyed my solo-friendly content in 5.8 and up to 6.5.

@Arhangelos-KT when Asmodians get the altars it will be 1 quest for all the faction and 1 NPC with the weekly quest for the legion that owns it. So it will beneficial but is not like you can not gear if you are a solo player. It will just be slower. It ill also have 1 NPC that sells goodies for the entire faction and 1 special NPC that sell only for the legion that owns. With limitations.

I've asked around in EU servers and players are pretty happy with the update. It's just a matter of trying it.

On 8/18/2019 at 10:10 AM, Cheesecake-DN said:

If we want to go old school, the two factions reach an agreement where the dominated faction gets a single altar while the dominant faction gets everything else, and, within that, legions rotate who gets ownership.

And then everything falls apart, everyone blames the other, and it becomes an FFA mess, leaving the dominated faction to transfer/quit while the dominant factions cries that there's no one to pvp against.

Good times.

Thankfully the altars are too far apart, both factions should be able to split relatively evenly, one day you might get 5 and the other 3 but should be even. 

There are now 2 primary legions on each side I think. Poco/Team Para and two new legions of Asmo-DN. Although on Asmo-DN there is still quite a bit independent significant legions.

2 hours ago, Hellish-DN said:

Thankfully the altars are too far apart, both factions should be able to split relatively evenly, one day you might get 5 and the other 3 but should be even. 

There are now 2 primary legions on each side I think. Poco/Team Para and two new legions of Asmo-DN. Although on Asmo-DN there is still quite a bit independent significant legions.

Hope so! :>

• 1 month later...
On 18/8/2019 at 5:10 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Good times.

There is a similar buff to the siege buff, so when an altar is in siege, it gives a buff to the faction that didn't get it for quite some time. So eventually the faction that didn't own the altar will get like a lvl 5 buff which will gives everyone (lets say) +250k HP so there is no dominating faction in altar sieges.

Still the fact that legions drain the advantage of the altars is what makes the game worse. Legion exclusive content never made a good outcome.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

There is a similar buff to the siege buff, so when an altar is in siege, it gives a buff to the faction that didn't get it for quite some time. So eventually the faction that didn't own the altar will get like a lvl 5 buff which will gives everyone (lets say) +250k HP so there is no dominating faction in altar sieges.

Still the fact that legions drain the advantage of the altars is what makes the game worse. Legion exclusive content never made a good outcome.

its-something.jpg

Archived