Nice Changes, Or So I thought...

GenericUser3777

OK, SOH!! Aion called me back because crafting was made easier. "Nice!", I thought. Maybe now I'll have fun playing the game. HOWEVER, I happened upon the catch. See, when hot, new maps come out they're full of competition for mats. So I'm still stuck because none of the mats I need are in a peaceable zone such as Enshar and when 7.0 is released crafting is changed so that anyone who wants the mats has to compete with the opposite faction for them. MOST OF THE opposite faction doesn't even craft. They just roam around pewpewing at anyone they can find who is a PC making the entire experience of crafting rewardless and empty. I guess the joke's on me. I'm the schizo. I'm the black sheep. I'm the one who just wants to be left alone.

Well this is a PvPvE game and to provide the open world PvP, the designers need to entice players to be out in the open world. That's why they place some of the entrances to instances in areas that you have to run to. That's why they have the weekly artifact quests. That's why the crafting mats need to be farmed in PvP zones. This game isn't like GW2, where you can avoid PvP completely. You can do things to make yourself safer, but you won't ever be 100% safe.

Google "aion translator" and use the website to translate "Please no pvp, I just want to craft." Press U (macro window) and save the translated text to a macro. Drag that icon onto your skill bar so it's easily accessible. When someone of the opposite faction gets close to you, press your macro icon. I'd say probably 50% of people will respect that and leave you alone. I personally will not kill any elyos who asks me not to because if they took all that time to ask, I would assume they really just want to be left alone. But remember, not everyone will care. It should help a little though.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one peeved by these changes. Seems like basic etiquette has been completely lost. I just want to quest and not everyone can PVP for all sorts of reasons. (mobility reasons, etc.). Would be nice if I could do one simple task without being mobbed by a bunch of jerks (because running away isn't enough sign to please don't be a jerk)

Archived