Rollback incoming?

Esgalhathi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Oceanus-DN said:

i spend shit ton of stigma stones(from bcm not free npc [i didnt know that was a thing until they removed]) my treble cleave was +9 from that gone down to +4 >.>

its normal green stigmas that when u fail it goes to 0. No one is gonna try and +9 or +12 with those stigmas. Its not the same as the ones you get on bcm or weekly Luna

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

So you are going to be super happy if they rollback! Now you know not to touch that stigma!

but i had gotten Irnin xform (new legendary) from combining the ancients that i got from event >.> also bough 20k bcoins i want them bck too if they roll bck to or refund

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Test != Production

Exactly, the fact that simple things like vendor items weren't checked shows a lot of what NCSoft did NOT verify.

All you have to do is open a test server and allow players to provide feedback. There are people playing Aion that would do that for NCSoft but unfortunately they'd rather TEST their code on the production servers. What a novelty.

2 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Did anyone check the lockbox merchant? I notice that is on the list of npcs they had to take away.

The minion contracts and green stigma bundles were free from the lockbox vendor. So, everyone has a ton of guaranteed A minions, not just Cute contracts.The lockbox vendor was also removed.

7 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It is not as if they will roll back days worth of gameplay, they will only roll back to the moment when they just opened the servers right before people saw the bug of the selling npcs.

To be fair, servers were only up for, what, three hours? Hypothetically they could rollback to the premaint backup.

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

To be fair, servers were only up for, what, three hours? Hypothetically they could rollback to the premaint backup.

This is exactly what cyan said will happen. And I find it fair. The only thing unfair is a few people combined their ancient transformations and got a legendary or something and that rollback will revert it to the ancients they had so they will have to play their luck again. But since people got thousands of expensive items for free, that rollback is necessary.

14 minutes ago, Cyan said:

There will be an unscheduled maintenance period today, Wednesday, August 21, 2019 from 12:45 pm to 3:00 pm Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours.

- Changes -

• Prestige Vending Machine & Lockbox Coin merchants will be removed until a later date.
  • Character data will be rolled back to the data during the scheduled maintenance. This means anything done in-game after the servers came online today with the Mark of the Vandal update will be reverted.
    • For any items purchased from the Black Cloud Marketplace after the scheduled maintenance was completed will have items re-sent via in-game mail.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

1 minute ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

This is exactly what cyan said will happen. And I find it fair. The only thing unfair is a few people combined their ancient transformations and got a legendary or something and that rollback will revert it to the ancients they had so they will have to play their luck again. But since people got thousands of expensive items for free, that rollback is necessary.

Yeah, saw that thread right after I posted. Doing everything from phone atm, so can only see what's up one measly thread at a time, and I still had this one pulled up. Qq

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Totally agree but they shouldn't ignore punishing players who abused the bug.   Players that took advantage and abused the system need to be punished!  They did after all screw things up for many others and most likely after people re-attempt their enchants - combines - or anything else that took their time and effort will have been punished for those that decided to abuse the games flaw.  

It's only fair that punishment is returned to those that caused the rollback.  The data is there for them to investigate.

17 minutes ago, Lucimon-DN said:

Totally agree but they shouldn't ignore punishing players who abused the bug.   Players that took advantage and abused the system need to be punished!  They did after all screw things up for many others and most likely after people re-attempt their enchants - combines - or anything else that took their time and effort will have been punished for those that decided to abuse the games flaw.  

It's only fair that punishment is returned to those that caused the rollback.  The data is there for them to investigate.

I heard that people were not punished for duping in the past (not sure what happened as I wasn't playing, but it had something to do with mailing items). If that is true, then this is not going to be punished too.

1 minute ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

I heard that people were not punished for duping in the past (not sure what happened as I wasn't playing, but it had something to do with mailing items). If that is true, then this is not going to be punished too.

Some people have been perma'd for duping if they did it egregiously enough/already had strikes against their account.

I doubt anything will happen with this because everyone is essentially being stripped.

20 minutes ago, Lucimon-DN said:

The problem is that when the GMS offer an NPC with free sh!t they can't expect players not to use the NPC, after all this abuse was done/enabled by NCWest not the players. If you go to an NPC and you buy something and later are told "hey we screwed the price for this, it was not supposed to be 1k kinah but 10m kinah, let me ban you for using the game as we designed it".

In a perfect parallel universe, they would simply remove the items purchased, but then again some of them used the items or sold them etc, so it is would still be impossible to change every single transaction made with the bug and leave everything legit intact.

Or they could roll back the characters that did use the vending machine and leave the others like this.

BUT all this would happen in that hypothetical parallel universe. They will do a simple 2 hour rollback and they will call it a night.

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

If people had only bought one or two, no one would have cared.

One guy bought more than five thousand. .-. Multiply this across people admitting to squirreling away this stuff on alts, and you end up with a catastrophe pretty quick. D:

As we all know, this is definitely Tyd's fault.

Definately was.  I control all the QA of Aion that should of been checked and tested before going live ;-)

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

If people had only bought one or two, no one would have cared.

One guy bought more than five thousand. .-. Multiply this across people admitting to squirreling away this stuff on alts, and you end up with a catastrophe pretty quick. D:

As we all know, this is definitely Tyd's fault.

@Tyd-DN

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Sad that you lost your Modor, though. =(

meh I made a ticket for that since was legit and I have the clip doing it so whatever

https://www.twitch.tv/tydgames/clip/FriendlySneakySrirachaSuperVinlin?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

can see a cute contract not a modor specific lol.  Ignore the language Tyd has potty mouth

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I miss you, Tyd. <3

aww Miss ya to Cheesy.  <3

1 hour ago, Lucimon-DN said:

Okay yeah people being punished for abusing the system and banned but...dont you or use to hack? *sips tea*

Archived