Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 21, 2019

Cyan

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cheesecake-DN said:

Was it WoW or SWG or someone whose servers were down for days on some update?

I don't remember. Been playing too long.

WoW had that a few times in TBC.  Plus everyone that played in TBC knew that patch days werent the best time to raid or do anything meaningful.  

This really isnt new to mmos.  Especially Aion.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Was it WoW or SWG or someone whose servers were down for days on some update?

I don't remember. Been playing too long.

Cake.. remember the update where we all had to download the patch from someone's private upload? When was that? I know you'll remember.

If you were smart enough to SS the transform (as I would have the minute they announced they were shutting down in 10 minutes)  I would go ahead and try to ticket it, worst case they say no but I would bet they fix it since they already have enough people pissed off today.

1 minute ago, Gabe-DN said:

If you were smart enough to SS the transform (as I would have the minute they announced they were shutting down in 10 minutes)  I would go ahead and try to ticket it, worst case they say no but I would bet they fix it since they already have enough people pissed off today.

already did i hope i get something out of it >.<

I suggest as best mode of compensation for users who lost their transformation you should implement ancient/legendary contracts in the gold sand shop once and for all

People's time is valuable too, it can´t be reverted so... i think you could send compensation survey with at least various transformation potions, berdin star, drop/exp buffs or something like that for players who lost not only time but also their new characters.

PD: with others punishment you will get nothing, lets focus on COMPENSATION

2 minutes ago, Lucimon-DN said:

While we're on the subject of "Glitch"  This wasn't a glitch lol - shit doesn't glitch free -  An employee literally edited the costs of the items in the vendor to 0 << let that sink in when you trying to wonder how sad and stupid ncsoft staff is 

Are you sure about this? You sure it has nothing to do with coding. I know in Ark when they added a new type of stone in test server it would give flint+stone on live servers it would give metal. They ended up scrapping the whole stone because they could not figure out how to fix it.

@Cyan I think we all understand that a rollback is completely necessary but for those players that got their legendary fairly, you guys should be sending them at least a legendary contract of their choice. I didn't happen to me but I feel bad for all of them and NC should do something fair for those players. It's a bit unresponsible to say "rollback" and don't take responsibility for the mistake that after all NC made. Players are freaking out. Some CC should be considered.

@CyanSo basically everyone is getting punished, even the people who didn't abuse the damn machine bug, I got a kromede by combining 4 grade B minions I got from runs way before this stupid patch even came , I  saw I had enough items to max out the last and try to combine , I'm from eu playing to na so ping isn't on my side, this is just unfair, isn't there any other way to reverse this without affecting everyone? 

unknown.png?width=765&height=676

Just now, Cheesecake-DN said:

Sounds right. I don't remember 2.0s launch going well...

TBH, I dont remember too many launches going smoothly.  Just the way stuff happens.  Plus we have no jumping manastone events to compensate us

22 minutes ago, Lucimon-DN said:

@Cyan Would it be easier to just ban everyone that took advantage of the bug?  It is in the user agreement lol - there still should be punishment for everyone that took advantage of it  <-  

So after rollback how about laying down the ban hammer?  Because if people wouldn't have abused it they wouldn't be costing everyone else their time and work that some people have already placed into the game. Some of us actually Enchanted, combined, and got some progress done and since the rollback is going to removed successful accomplishments not related to the vending machine - you basically making everyone trying again and failing most likely.   Which will definitely enflame those that didn't break the rules.   

So yes Punishment for those that purchased off the vending machine.

That's pretty much going to be majority of people. They didn't ban people for the tia event when people bought the items and got quickly geared. They didn't ban everyone for the luna daily craft bug either back in the day (just some people). And yet they still don't ban people who use unfair/cheating programs like you which also is against ToS. you used them in the past funny hearing this suggestion from you lol

Just now, HealingSquid-KT said:

Are you sure about this? You sure it has nothing to do with coding. I know in Ark when they added a new type of stone in test server it would give flint+stone on live servers it would give metal. They ended up scrapping the whole stone because they could not figure out how to fix it.

100%   The error you explained in Ark was a "linking" error.   (bad programmers unfortunately)

The error done here in aion was when they edited the vendor specifications (as stated in patch notes vendor items were being updated) they literally 0'd out the costs.   Best example I can give is >> it's a shop >> nothings free in this game >> The costs were intentionally 0'd out.   Whom ever verified their update to the vendor simply believe their one time edit was perfect and refused to review their own work.  A bunch of 0's or empty spaces is an obvious sign something needs to be entered << this person was just uber lazy or wanted to have some cruel fun lol

11 minutes ago, Unskilled-KT said:

I would have perma 100% exp and 50% drop buffs, maybe till AION 15.0

well... im with lucimon on this one... should ban those ppl or some sort of punishment. Cuz thats screwing other ppl. 

Lets pray for a server up as soon as posible =) 

Archived