Unscheduled Server Maintenance - August 21, 2019

Cyan

My idea would be that in future Ncsoft should just copy characters to a test server, select a limited amount of players to test and bring up that server with the patch just so they can run around and discover this stuff and report it then those who report it should get a small or reasonable compensation on the live server as enticement for doing this then ncsoft can fix the bugs before they go live and you can reward ppl who don't withhold bugs but actually report them stuff like unique items skins or extra consumables and stigmas and mats and the like. I say players cause they know what to look for and ncsoft really seems  way out of touch with aion now in its current state

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Cyan said:

There will be an unscheduled maintenance period today, Wednesday, August 21, 2019 from 12:45 pm to 3:00 pm Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours.

- Changes -

• Prestige Vending Machine & Lockbox Coin merchants will be removed until a later date.
  • Character data will be rolled back to the data during the scheduled maintenance. This means anything done in-game after the servers came online today with the Mark of the Vandal update will be reverted.
    • For any items purchased from the Black Cloud Marketplace after the scheduled maintenance was completed will have items re-sent via in-game mail.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

@Cyan I did some luna instances and crystal item didnt drop from MAD-67. We cannt active cannons! 

on IDD, Beritra didnt drop nothing too! (0 item) (0 Broken Crystal Ball) (0 Kinah) 

'-' 

so this is what i learned about last event! after a maintenance, dont do anything... cuz u will get a kick on the ass by staff. so here we are. I know the feeling, but in order to not feel again like this im in Zen Mode.

Its too bad thats games that are about to get a community shutdown, starts with this problems. 

Best of lucks NCSoft, u guys really arent aware of the dmg u building to this game community.

19 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

recognize what was going on 

I recognize that they released this patch super late, incomplete, and having scrutinized the f**k out of it to monetize or restrict everything they could, yet somehow they missed this.

This is their fault. They should own it.

That some people who didn't take advantage got screwed makes it even worse. 

@Cyan Would it be easier to just ban everyone that took advantage of the bug?  It is in the user agreement lol - there still should be punishment for everyone that took advantage of it  <-  

So after rollback how about laying down the ban hammer?  Because if people wouldn't have abused it they wouldn't be costing everyone else their time and work that some people have already placed into the game. Some of us actually Enchanted, combined, and got some progress done and since the rollback is going to removed successful accomplishments not related to the vending machine - you basically making everyone trying again and failing most likely.   Which will definitely enflame those that didn't break the rules.   

So yes Punishment for those that purchased off the vending machine.

2 minutes ago, Zibrid-DN said:

so this is what i learned about last event! after a maintenance, dont do anything... cuz u will get a kick on the ass by staff. so here we are. I know the feeling, but in order to not feel again like this im in Zen Mode.

Its too bad thats games that are about to get a community shutdown, starts with this problems. 

Best of lucks NCSoft, u guys really arent aware of the dmg u building to this game community.

Try and be fair. 

With the last event, the staff made a change to the event to make it -better- and everyone was compensated for the runs they did prior to the change. So they made it right.

Today is  super unique thing. This is only the second time in Aion history that they have done a rollback. Second time in 10 years. That's not a bad track record. I think we can agree if anything required a rollback, it was today's cluster-f. 

10 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

No, it really was not. In Korea you can buy a select A contract for 10m, how much is it here? 250m?

Getting unlimited contracts is a bit too much but as for players who simply can't afford A minions it was heaven for them, some of my friends included.

Rolling back transformations, gear, farming genesis, all of that is absolutely insane

it was heaven for free bees?

IT IS INSANE NOT TO COMPLETE ROLL BACK. YOU GUYS KNEW IT IS BUG AND DIDNT SEE ROLL BACK IS COMING?

YOU BOUGHT THEM WITH YOUR OWN RISK SINCE YOU KNEW IT WAS BUG! GET OVER IT,

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Try and be fair. 

With the last event, the staff made a change to the event to make it -better- and everyone was compensated for the runs they did prior to the change. So they made it right.

Today is  super unique thing. This is only the second time in Aion history that they have done a rollback. Second time in 10 years. That's not a bad track record. I think we can agree if anything required a rollback, it was today's cluster-f. 

Actually is incredibly horrible......theres a crap ton of mmos out there that never had to perform a single one <-  some running for almost 2 decades now.

But you have employees like Cyan and whomever else just trying to skip on by simply not paying attention to detail on their job that ends up costing time, money, and player support.  

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Try and be fair. 

No, because what they did was a "general" fix. So ppl like me, that i run my entries, i got screw on it. And now, ppl that was really on the time to log in and play, cuz of something they did wrong, they will screw them. Not me, i havent log in yet; but i know that feeling. 

3 minutes ago, 1s8B7B8-KT said:

I recognize that they released this patch super late, incomplete, and having scrutinized the f**k out of it to monetize or restrict everything they could, yet somehow they missed this.

This is their fault. They should own it.

That some people who didn't take advantage got screwed makes it even worse. 

Less salt in the diet.

Plus the way it goes, two choices can be made, keep playing or quit.

This kinda stuff has happened since Aion was released in the west.  Hell I remember when I paid a sub fee and couldnt play till Wed night.

Its patch day people if you haven't figured out the shenanigans that usually happen on patch days in MMO's and are shocked by this kind of stuff you really should know better. There is a general rule about playing serious on patch days because this is really common that there are long down times and emergency maintenance's and yes even roll backs although rare do happen.

2 minutes ago, 1s28D41D-KT said:

12m transformation contract! is what you should be talking about. 

well that is how it is now, they told us about this change already, Everything in the Kinha tab of Gold Sand Traders it's 25% more expensive now, but it is supposed the Kinah gains in 7.0 are higher than 6.X

Just now, Gabe-DN said:

White Knight appears yet again, lets ban them while we are at it Luci!

Abusing glitches is in the user agreement so hell yea punish those that caused the mess that's going to screw everyone else over 

If no one gets punished that means everyone that intentionally took advantage and caused the undue stress amongst their community are getting a free pass.

So if they do indeed get a free pass >> Does that mean everyone else can get a free pass when they break the rules again?  Seems fair right?  One group gets a free pass from punishment -  might as well extend the offer 

17 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Considering how many 10s if not 100s of thousands of shit got bought before they removed the machines, it's unfortunate but necessary to roll back. :/

Sucks for you people who got transforms. You have my genuine condolences there.

I would have perma 100% exp and 50% drop buffs, maybe till AION 15.0

Archived