Earlier Seiges

GenericUser36797

Earlier Siege Times  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree sieges are too late or not?

• I wish Sieges were more spread out through the day
    • I like the late night seiging

If like me you prefer to play NA from across the pond you will understand the issues I have. I can gain GP only by Daily quests and if I can stay up - weekend sieges. Now the sieges are even later and the daily Altars are at 1 am for me. 

Although I play a large amount of time during my day I can't always stay up late which kinda pushes me out of the rankings. Other than that I like the new content.

"No" vote here. As you stated, you are from "across the pond". . You haven't specified from where, but you likely already have a region where sieges are in your time zone. and are convenient for you- probably not at all for me, and no way would I ever be able to attend. Which is fine by me.

Siege times are selected to be convenient for NA players- that alone  isn't easy considering they can be located in any of  at least  5 time zones (NL to HST) and some people get left out or inconvenienced.

3 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Siege times are selected to be convenient for NA players- that alone  isn't easy considering they can be located in any of  at least  5 time zones (NL to HST) and some people get left out or inconvenienced.

No, they are not convenient.

I am from the East Coast of NA and having altar sieges at 10PM is annoying as nyerk. : )

10PM is already kinda late to be playing video games on a weekday (=work day or school day), but it just gets better that Demaha and Lakrum sieges will be at 11PM.

It could be easily fixed by using summer time instead of literally not giving a shit about the game, yanno.

16 minutes ago, Capa-KT said:

No, they are not convenient.

I am from the East Coast of NA and having altar sieges at 10PM is annoying as nyerk. : )

10PM is already kinda late to be playing video games on a work day, but it just gets better that Demaha and Lakrum sieges will be at 11PM.

It could be easily fixed by using summer time instead of literally not giving a shit about the game, yanno.

You're confusing 2 things- one is the change in physical server location and the end of the adjustment for daylight savings time.The other is OP's request which is related to him/her not being located in NA.

Originally we had around a dozen servers, which supported both East and West coast. I played on an East coast server.. In addition, the servers were adjusted for Daylight Savings Time. First we lost support for East/West coast with server mergers. Not so great but we adapted. Then NC decided to remove support for Daylight Savings Time. I work..so even worse. Not such a great schedule, I really understand where you are coming from on that point.

OP isn't asking for that. He/she is saying"I'm not from your region, but please adapt my my timezone".  I can understand someone coming here from another region, that's their own business, but they should do so understanding  certain things like scheduled events are optimized for that regions' schedules and preferences. That's what I disagree with, to be clear.

9 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

You're confusing 2 things- one is the change in physical server location and the end of the adjustment for daylight savings time.The other is OP's request which is related to him/her not being located in NA.

*snip*

The bolded it what we need. We need to go back to adjusting the server time for DLS time. As Capa stated, that hour make a whole lot of difference for those that have work or school and live on the East Coast.

14 hours ago, Cerendepidy-DN said:

If like me you prefer to play NA from across the pond you will understand the issues I have. I can gain GP only by Daily quests and if I can stay up - weekend sieges. Now the sieges are even later and the daily Altars are at 1 am for me. 

Although I play a large amount of time during my day I can't always stay up late which kinda pushes me out of the rankings. Other than that I like the new content.

Yeah but good luck on EU players playing on NA, Altar sieges are at 5 in the morning and Lakrum is at 6. And this is with day light saving, during winter it will be 4 in the morning for altars and 5 in the morning for Lakrum. But this region is not made for us, I am not sure who it favors, it is late for USA players, and it is too early (or too late) for EU players and yes the glove has all 24 time zones, someone will find it good, for most of us it will be shitty.

I live in the UK and at present, all sieges are after midnight. I prefer to play NA because a) I have friends here and b)had some serious issues with Gameforge in the past. The old schedule with some afternoon sieges some late at night for me was great as it meant I could attend at least some of them but now I can hardly manage any. I do honestly believe if they were spread out more it would be easier for more people to attend.

On 22/08/2019 at 4:28 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

We did the earlier (3pm Eastern?) sieges at some point during 4.X. They royally screwed over NA players, except for those who played strange hours.

I'd like to see the sieges moved an hour earlier or DST acknowledged, but I, as an NA player, don't want the EU times again.

To be honest even an hour earlier would be good at least it's not the middle of the night then I can manage midnight just 1 am and 2 am is hard especially when seige is about an hour

Archived