Forums

quitting again

Alaska-KT

@Rapier-DN:

I currently have 8 characters. 7 Asmodians and one Elyos (for when I wanna see how the enemy lives, lol). Furthermore, I do have a Main, Aieryn, and she is a Sorcerer.

I do agree with some comments here saying the Sorc got nerfed a lil. I had my Sorc on the new map last night and it seemed I wasn't doing much damage compared to say my SM or my Assassin. Truthfully, it was hard to stay alive even in only PVE. But, I have to take into account a few things: 1st, I'm currently on vacation so I'm not playing on my regular over the top spec'ed gamer. I'm playing on a laptop I have set up for gaming with extra ram and better than normal graphics but I'm still hampered by lower RAM and CPU speeds. And 2nd, my Main isn't geared as well as my SM or Assassin is. And lastly 3rd. As others have pointed out the Sorc got a nerf in both EU and Korea as well (I know this to be Fact because I have both an EU and Korea acct).

Having said the above and taking it into account I choose not to panic over the nerf Sorc's got. Instead I see it as a greater challenge for me to adapt to it and improve my playstyle which will not only help me with my Sorc, but with my other classes as well. Tho I've been playing since release, there is always room for improvement.

Well, if you took your time to write this thread, I dont think you are really going to quit. 

Aion is part of your life now. :P. You are going to quit for a while, but you will be back after a while just to see what happened. The people who really dont like or care about the game, don´t go to the forums and write something. They just uninstall it and look for another game.(like I did with many games). 

38 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

@Rapier-DN:

I currently have 8 characters. 7 Asmodians and one Elyos (for when I wanna see how the enemy lives, lol). Furthermore, I do have a Main, Aieryn, and she is a Sorcerer.

I do agree with some comments here saying the Sorc got nerfed a lil. I had my Sorc on the new map last night and it seemed I wasn't doing much damage compared to say my SM or my Assassin. Truthfully, it was hard to stay alive even in only PVE. But, I have to take into account a few things: 1st, I'm currently on vacation so I'm not playing on my regular over the top spec'ed gamer. I'm playing on a laptop I have set up for gaming with extra ram and better than normal graphics but I'm still hampered by lower RAM and CPU speeds. And 2nd, my Main isn't geared as well as my SM or Assassin is. And lastly 3rd. As others have pointed out the Sorc got a nerf in both EU and Korea as well (I know this to be Fact because I have both an EU and Korea acct).

Having said the above and taking it into account I choose not to panic over the nerf Sorc's got. Instead I see it as a greater challenge for me to adapt to it and improve my playstyle which will not only help me with my Sorc, but with my other classes as well. Tho I've been playing since release, there is always room for improvement.

That's fine if you want to accept changes that don't necessarily make any sense, as the saying goes "you do you".

However a considerable amount of people in those other regions aren't so accepting of that. I mean, nothing will change by our comments in the forum. I'm just adding this for anyone who is curious about playing the class.  Once you play sorc it really does make playing (almost) any other class much, much easier . However if I was a returnee or new player I would never pick it as a main - not post 5.x.

13 hours ago, Alaska-KT said:

no stun,less silence...so what do i suppose i have to do?Run away?

You lost me with just that, the only skill that lost the stun effect was Flames Waltz, we still have Arcane Thunderbolt, Freeze, Frozen Shock, Summon Whirlwind, Volcanic Wrath and Shifting Magma.

And i assume when you said less silence you mean the silence duration went down from 7 seconds to 5, honestly 2 seconds is not a big deal, besides NC added to the silence skill the effect of bind, which is a big help in pvp vs melee clases.

If you want to quit the game, go ahead, do it, but at least say reasons much more credible than those two.

17 hours ago, Alaska-KT said:

no stun,less silence...so what do i suppose i have to do?Run away? My DPS isn't good in pvp and now is more focused on pve. 

But  slots aren't free until 12 on EU meanwhile here you have to pay to get more than 8?

Sorc is the class with the highest number of stuns, and perhaps more utility than anyone other than ranger, so wtf ?

9 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Sorc is the class with the highest number of stuns, and perhaps more utility than anyone other than ranger, so wtf ?

WTF?? is a good way to put it. I took my Sorc. back to Lakrum as an experiment. And there the same NPC's I was killing in my sleep are now killing me so definitely I've had a change of heart. They went way too far with this.

20 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Well, if you took your time to write this thread, I dont think you are really going to quit. 

Aion is part of your life now. :P. You are going to quit for a while, but you will be back after a while just to see what happened. The people who really dont like or care about the game, don´t go to the forums and write something. They just uninstall it and look for another game.(like I did with many games). 

im saying it just because it's sad..im here since 2012 :/. 
And yes it's hard to quit, almost impossible, but not playing constantly and not focusing so much on it, is basically leaving.

Your nickname sounds italian, are you?xD

11 minutes ago, Alaska-KT said:

im saying it just because it's sad..im here since 2012 :/. 
And yes it's hard to quit, almost impossible, but not playing constantly and not focusing so much on it, is basically leaving.

Your nickname sounds italian, are you?xD

No. I am from Argentina. And actually my real name is not "Maria". I took that name from an anime. I am a guy. :P 

And just like you I play actively sometimes, and sometimes I take some time out of Aion. But I never leave it totally. 

Just now, Azzmaria-KT said:

No. I am from Argentina. And actually my real name is not "Maria". I took that name from an anime. I am a guy. :P 

And just like you I play actively sometimes, and sometimes I take some time out of Aion. But I never leave it totally. 

oh im italian ,for that reason i've asked it. It sounded italian xD

11 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I tried so bad to quit Aion,were playing Apex Legends after a hour with 0 kill I uninstalled it and back to Aion lol xD

Still waiting for a game with perfect gameplay and graphics combination :)

Think I have not truely played since 2014-2015, I feel as you age or find other games to occupy your time, it will get easier. Plus I really did not like the direction of these new expansions. 

Now I just play to use my characters as references in figure drawings (still love/adore the customization and costumes).

14 minutes ago, Tease-DN said:

Think I have not truely played since 2014-2015, I feel as you age or find other games to occupy your time, it will get easier. Plus I really did not like the direction of these new expansions. 

Now I just play to use my characters as references in figure drawings (still love/adore the customization and costumes).

I understand you. In some way I became too lazy. I miss a lot of old and removed content. And sometimes when I try to play for a while, I find that I need to do a lot of effort again. hahaha. 

Archived