Will Vandal Gear Pack Deadline Be Extended?

Kinetika-KT

Since prestige users don't get the promised additional character slots, and typically prestige accounts are already fully loaded with (geared and/or otherwise invested) characters, I imagine, the "FREE Vandal’s Gear Pack Reward" deadline (currently August 28) will be extended until one week after the additional character slots will be made available? So that people can create playable vandals, with all their transformations, cubics, luna and other account-wide benefits. Right?

My take was that current prestige users would get an extension on the deadline. Not sure if us regular players will also get an extension. One would think it would be extended for everyone, because nobody is going to buy a prestige pack before they add the extra character slots.

2 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

My take was that current prestige users would get an extension on the deadline. Not sure if us regular players will also get an extension. One would think it would be extended for everyone, because nobody is going to buy a prestige pack before they add the extra character slots.

That's a very good point.

It's the weekend now so we 100% won't hear anything until Monday.

Honestly, though, I think they have said all they are going to say. That players "with Prestige Pack" will be given extra time for the free bundle. I wouldn't count on anyone that doesn't have the pack getting any extra time. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do. That's sort of the thing around here. You never know quite what to expect. For example, if something breaks you don't know if the compensation will be a single useless lucky vinna or $150 worth of BCM items.

b5ee59cd-8c2a-402d-a325-8f6e4a09fdac_tex

19 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Honestly, though, I think they have said all they are going to say. That players "with Prestige Pack" will be given extra time for the free bundle. 

b5ee59cd-8c2a-402d-a325-8f6e4a09fdac_tex

I thought they're adding extra time for Prestige (seeing how lots of other Prestige aspects are nyerked up at the moment), not for the stuff and skin pack for the new vandals. 

1 minute ago, Afterglow-KT said:

I thought they're adding extra time for Prestige (seeing how lots of other Prestige aspects are nyerked up at the moment), not for the stuff and skin pack for the new vandals. 

Oh. No. That's not how I understood it. If you look at the post here, you see that Cyan specifically puts the added time for Prestige Pack players under not being able to create extra character slots. So I figured he meant "more time" for the free bundle since that ends with maint this coming week.

Though you could totally be right and they actually meant just adding more time to their current sub.

Again.. who the hell knows?

I'm sorry, but this is complete incompetence on NCWest's part. 6 days after the prestige pass screw-up and we've received absolutely no clarification on how the extra character slots are suppose to work, or if the Vandal pack giveaway is going to be extended for those who could not create their ninth toon (Vandal). The deadline for the free giveaway is TOMORROW for nyerk's sake!

It isn't right that this hasn't been clarified. The original post was not very clear and players are obviously confused.

To be safe, if you do not have the Prestige Pack right this moment, I would either delete something and create your vandal (which is what I did on my accounts that are not my main, which has the Prestige Pack) or just assume that you will not get the giveaway.

love how it's been nearly a week since the patch released, and still nothing on any of the forum threads about any fixes, nothing about our missing bc coin, or anything.....same shit... different day....-.- promise i wont be spending any more $ on this shit til some SERIOUS fixes are implemented... they really need to be more active here and answering ppl, before another riot ensues...

7 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

But what are the contents of this Vandal pack, wasn't just a skin or they will give something useful?

Useful for new players, I guess. Not really for the rest of us though.

Irnin's Armor Skin Set

5x [Event] Berdin's Lucky Star

5x [Event] Legendary Transformation Potion Selection Box

• Aion Team

Hi all, 

The Vandal Gear Pack will be extended until after we've received a fix for the additional character slots (won't be this week). We've been working with the development team but still encountering the issue. We'll let you know the extension date once the issue is fixed. 

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hi all, 

The Vandal Gear Pack will be extended until after we've received a fix for the additional character slots (won't be this week). We've been working with the development team but still encountering the issue. We'll let you know the extension date once the issue is fixed. 

Thank you!

any word on what the deal is with prestige we are no longer receiving the daily coins or case and I thought the rewards were to be reworked for the passport

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

(won't be this week)

Um. I beg your pardon? What do you mean it won't be fixed this week?

I've tried and tried and tried not to lose my temper. But what the hello kitty am I paying for as a prestige player at this point? The vending machine (when we get it back) is full of outdated and hideously overpriced items. There aren't quests that give thousands of coins anymore guys, get with the program thanks. Or add more quests that aren't useful. We can't even complete the PF hard mode quest because we don't have PF hard mode in NA yet, and there's a bunch of quests that give a piffling amount of coins. 25 coins towards items that cost upwards of 10k? I'm sighing. A lot. The prestige pass was actually updated for the worse and every other day I get to claim and immediately throw away worthless transformation essences. Currently we don't get daily coins or prestige cases either, very cool very cool. I would love to use those extra character slots to make a Vandal toon on my main account considering it has viable legendary transforms, instead of a rubbish side account that has one ancient to its name, but that's apparently not getting fixed any time soon. 

Sooooo basically I'm paying for some buffs, 40 fragments, an ulti PvE stone, bonus instance entries, and extra siege credit.

Now let's see. The buffs aren't really necessary, are they? The PvE one can be made up for with an artifact buff, XP isn't as necessary now that there are better means of acquiring enchantmnet stones and I'm not bothering to buy bobo coin bundles anymore, drop rate is useless when mobs don't drop anything to begin with, and considering I've started working more hours and can't attend every siege, I don't find it necessary to get the extra AP/GP because I will always end the season very comfortably in the 5* bracket- no more pushing for General. It really sounds like all I need here is bonus instance entries- sure would be nice if we had an entry boost pack. Perhaps a brokerable version!

As promised back in 6.0 :^)

Oof.

15 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hi all, 

Thank you!

tenor.gif?itemid=4525695

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad you answered this question. But, could you or someone else on the team not have told us sooner?

12 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

Um. I beg your pardon? What do you mean it won't be fixed this week?

I've tried and tried and tried not to lose my temper. But what the hello kitty am I paying for as a prestige player at this point? The vending machine (when we get it back) is full of outdated and hideously overpriced items. There aren't quests that give thousands of coins anymore guys, get with the program thanks. Or add more quests that aren't useful. We can't even complete the PF hard mode quest because we don't have PF hard mode in NA yet, and there's a bunch of quests that give a piffling amount of coins. 25 coins towards items that cost upwards of 10k? I'm sighing. A lot. The prestige pass was actually updated for the worse and every other day I get to claim and immediately throw away worthless transformation essences. Currently we don't get daily coins or prestige cases either, very cool very cool. I would love to use those extra character slots to make a Vandal toon on my main account considering it has viable legendary transforms, instead of a rubbish side account that has one ancient to its name, but that's apparently not getting fixed any time soon. 

Sooooo basically I'm paying for some buffs, 40 fragments, an ulti PvE stone, bonus instance entries, and extra siege credit.

Now let's see. The buffs aren't really necessary, are they? The PvE one can be made up for with an artifact buff, XP isn't as necessary now that there are better means of acquiring enchantmnet stones and I'm not bothering to buy bobo coin bundles anymore, drop rate is useless when mobs don't drop anything to begin with, and considering I've started working more hours and can't attend every siege, I don't find it necessary to get the extra AP/GP because I will always end the season very comfortably in the 5* bracket- no more pushing for General. It really sounds like all I need here is bonus instance entries- sure would be nice if we had an entry boost pack. Perhaps a brokerable version!

As promised back in 6.0 :^)

Oof.

You do get bonus entries with the prestige pack.  I would hope you are using those.  To be so entitled in 2019 lul.

21 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

-_-" so 20 minutes of transforms & 20M extra exp... outstanding!

At least i have an artist with Homeward Bound event bag to open, funny an outdated event from 2 years ago will be far more rewarding

Was it 100 yellow crit stones, sheep candies and chicken headgear?

Anyway, i want the skin. Not sure whether it can be obtained in any other way. 6.2 too came with a unique skin that i haven't seen anywhere else.

4 hours ago, GitGud-DN said:

You do get bonus entries with the prestige pack.  I would hope you are using those.  To be so entitled in 2019 lul.

It's entitlement in the same way that I am entitled to the groceries I buy, you silly person.

want to support this game that I play every day, but they are giving me fewer and fewer reasons to. (Both to support it, and to play on a daily basis tbqh.) There is hardly any communication between NC and the playerbase, and I am saying there is basically nothing worthwhile about paying for prestige right now that couldn't be accomplished with a boost pack, which was promised to us in 6.0 and never implemented- aside from the extra character slots. If all we're using prestige for is bonus entries to a select few relevant instances, it is much more cost effective to just buy some Luna for reruns. :1

Is that mean I can have a slot to create Vandal and play with it without worrying about deleting one of my toon?  Thanks.

I think that would be better than making player purchase an additional slot to be able to try out for new class.  

Black Desert does that to player.  They give you a slot when they have new class out so you can create that class and play instead of deleting your other toons to make room.  

Archived