Lore Quesitions from a CBT Founder

2s7DFAA-DN

Hey All!,

So I played the game waaaaay back when it first launched in the US (I still have my collectors edition box, with the Siel figure that came with it xD). I JUST picked this back up, but noticed that a lot has changed in the game. I'm having a very hard time finding a comprehensive timeline of everything that has happened in the story from 1.0 - to Current. I've been looking everywhere, and 99% of what I find are 3.0+ Story Recaps.

I did read somewhere that they basically revamped the entire story with 6.0, or something along those lines? But I'm not sure how true that is. At any rate, I really would like to give this game another shot, but I'm finding it hard to get into it with-out really knowing what has transpired (I can't run around killing things if I feel no purpose to actually killing said things, from a lore stand-point. It just makes everything feel hollow).

And with how many dungeons and quests have been removed from the game (and now I'm learning that the Abyss is no longer a thing?), everything feels like it's just a muddled mess of fragmented information that isn't really teaching me a whole lot, in regards to the main Campaign Quests (currently level 32 on a new Spirit Master I made to "start fresh")

Are there any oldies out there that can recap what has happened in the games story, from 1.0 to now?

I appreciate whoever takes the time to help me out with this <3

P.S - Apparently with all the server merges, all my character names are moot, so now I'm a random mess of letters and numbers Lol. It eve says I've never posted on the forums, even though I clearly did back in the day. It must have reset xD.

To the OP:

I've been playing since release.

Yes, a lot has changed. The story stayed pretty much the same although it did evolve a lot with subsequent patches up until and thru 5x. However it did change significantly with 6x with the loss of most of our maps we loved, the Abyss, and nearly 90% of the story we knew. 

How this was supposedly spun to fit into the story as it is now involves a fight with Ereskegal in the Abyss wherein Daeva's attacked the dragon lord through the eye of Reshanta after the seals that kept her prisoner had weakened which, Beritra had something to do with as he was trying to use artifacts to control her. During the battle Ereskegal was too powerful and let out an icy response that caused what is called 'The Scarring.' This collapsed the upper and lower islands of Reshanta shattering them and caused them to fall in on both halves of Atrea; Asmodae and Elysia, destroying some cities we knew and it destroyed all the Abyss gates (there is still one you can use to enter an instance in Reshanta but nothing like it was before). The plot thru 6x basically leads up to the final battle with Ereshkegal and trying to prevent her from taking a sacred artifact. As of 7x Ereskegal has been defeated and Beritra has been severely wounded hence the 'New Era' advertised.

Well, that's basically it in a nutshell. I could have added a lot more detail but then this reply would have been more like a Novella. I think you can get the gist of it from the short version above tho enough for you to get back to the game if you wish. 7x brings a new map (well, really a revamped old one, lol) and a new flying area + more PVP and some more story to the game if your interested.

Hope this helps.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:51 AM, 2s7DFAA-DN said:

Hey All!,

So I played the game waaaaay back when it first launched in the US (I still have my collectors edition box, with the Siel figure that came with it xD). I JUST picked this back up, but noticed that a lot has changed in the game. I'm having a very hard time finding a comprehensive timeline of everything that has happened in the story from 1.0 - to Current. I've been looking everywhere, and 99% of what I find are 3.0+ Story Recaps.

I did read somewhere that they basically revamped the entire story with 6.0, or something along those lines? But I'm not sure how true that is. At any rate, I really would like to give this game another shot, but I'm finding it hard to get into it with-out really knowing what has transpired (I can't run around killing things if I feel no purpose to actually killing said things, from a lore stand-point. It just makes everything feel hollow).

And with how many dungeons and quests have been removed from the game (and now I'm learning that the Abyss is no longer a thing?), everything feels like it's just a muddled mess of fragmented information that isn't really teaching me a whole lot, in regards to the main Campaign Quests (currently level 32 on a new Spirit Master I made to "start fresh")

Are there any oldies out there that can recap what has happened in the games story, from 1.0 to now?

I appreciate whoever takes the time to help me out with this <3

P.S - Apparently with all the server merges, all my character names are moot, so now I'm a random mess of letters and numbers Lol. It eve says I've never posted on the forums, even though I clearly did back in the day. It must have reset xD.

wow a recap from 1.x huh ... lol  I will try though aion wiki does have most of the lore

Lephar tries to recruit/convince you around lvl 50 ...and depending on which side you are he taunts you with knowing who you actually are ..the memories you've forgotten.

After that jump to a new land it is time to fight tiamat the weakest dragon lord. She is working with Lephar which you learn is also Israphel, empyrean lord of space( creator of the aethertech and gunners) who didn't die when the towers collapsed and is searching for Siel's(Empyreian lord of time,creator is the muses and Vandals, who did die trying to detain the collapse of the tower) relics.

You help out and kill tiamat.. on another quest you find one of Siel's relics do a quest and watch Siel's spirit take Israphel out of the picture.

Berita(another dragon lord) comes in.. he is the one who blocked Tiamat's cry for help to the other dragon lords and let her be killed. Mostly vengeance on Tiamat for killing his lover to take his place.  During this time you meet up with the Reians and their leader Kharun who wants to force the elyos and asmos to work together against the balaur. Therefor there were many places where there was no pvp  in Sarpan . While at some point Kharun disappears and the lands are attacked by baular and the alliance dissolves.

Beritra is still running around with his own mysterious plot you need to figure out, unfortunately when you arrive to another new land you are knocked unconscious in the battle. You wake up 2 months(?)  later with everyone acting nervous and slowly through different campaigns you character is more and more trusting and agreeable. Eventually you learned that your empyrian lord(machitan or Katsinal) were starting to grow concern with your rising power level and wanted to keep your loyal so they messed with your mind.

However it backed fire as Beritra in the form of a elyos/asmo scientist leads you to another place where a Hyperion robot sleeps, the moment you appear you find Khrun unconscious and he is rescued by his parents(who he does not remember due to amnesia when he arrived at the Reians) The Assassin sheidam lord and the Templar Seraphin lord (they had him before the tower's destruction... Aion forbade the empyrian lords from having children but they  went around that and hide him/kept him in the shielded play area in elten. ) 

After that,  you go down and help wake the Hyperion with the scientist who then turns into Beritra and takes it..you survive because the assistant, to which every empyrean lord you serve, rescues you and tell you what they did to you head.. and are not apologetic in the least.

Beritra uses the Hyperion and some destroyed seals? don't remember this correctly, but it  sends some of the lands back into the sea to raise Cygena/enshar from where tiamat sank it ages ago,it used to be Tiamat's land. The point of it all was to wake Ereskegal and control her and you fight trying to stop him but he flies off before you are being able to kill him leaving behind a claw(hand? something).

Ereskegal's people react now ..and I am not quite sure how now .. but the upper Abyss is frozen Divine fortress int he abyss is frozen. Ereskegal  starts trying to collect energy to awake ...a flower of doom thing.. which she does by capturing and torturing Daevas to death. 

At the same time you are told to go to a new land where you technically have no permission being. When you appear you see a fragment of the tower and get visions before falling unconscious. You wake up in jail and this is where it splits again between Elyos and Asmos... Elyos wise... the fortress commander recognizes you as the archdaeva who rescue and raised her as a child(comic), asmo wise a contact helps you. Anyways since you reacted with the tower fragment they let you stay and try to learn more.  Eventually you regain your original Archdaeva powers(you're special.. you didn't ascend you were created by Aion like that? Aion wiki says more! >_>; ) and memories and learn that you were part of the plot ,with a few others, to attack the Dragon lords when they came for the talks ending with the collapse of the tower. 

When Ereskegal finally uses the flower and tries to destroy the elyos and asmos lands the Archdaeva uses all their power to protect some areas...and then it is opne to either they were depowered or they die...but story wise it seems like you die and are reborn again. This time they were waiting for you.. on the elyos side Pernon raises you ...keeps your real name out of the lore books in his house and raises you with a niece? ... basically I have been lazy and haven't finish leveling a new character to know more.  Still at the end Ereskegal died and Beritra steals her power as he originally wanted to do.

May have missed some pieces here and there but that should be the general idea of what happened since.. 1.x? LOL >_>; considering I did that from memory there might be a few things out of order...wrong land names yea.

https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Lore

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Comic_-_Episode_1_Hope

https://www.aionlegionsofwar.com/en/webcomic (The new comic with the mobile game..based after Aion. Annoying because it doesn't seem like your general character has anything to do with the destruction of the dragon lords)

Also also we have new forums.. so that might be while it doesn't  register old posts you did before the change?

1 hour ago, MidnightPhantom-KT said:

Beritra uses the Hyperion and some destroyed seals? don't remember this correctly, but it  sends some of the lands back into the sea to raise Cygena/enshar from where tiamat sank it ages ago,it used to be Tiamat's land. The point of it all was to wake Ereskegal and control her and you fight trying to stop him but he flies off before you are being able to kill him leaving behind a claw(hand? something).

When Ereskegal finally uses the flower and tries to destroy the elyos and asmos lands the Archdaeva uses all their power to protect some areas...and then it is opne to either they were depowered or they die...but story wise it seems like you die and are reborn again. This time they were waiting for you.. on the elyos side Pernon raises you ...keeps your real name out of the lore books in his house and raises you with a niece? ... basically I have been lazy and haven't finish leveling a new character to know more.  Still at the end Ereskegal died and Beritra steals her power as he originally wanted to do.

These two parts are kind of important as through the Lakrum campaign you are guided by a wounded scientist (at least on the asmo version) that keeps holding his arm. He eventually leads you through part of Primeth's Forge (he appears at the beginning and the end) as you clear Ereshkigal's balaur soldiers and successfully reach the gauntlet that was being forged in the heart of the forge (the scientist seems a tad obsessed with the gauntlet hint hint). After the Forge comes the Veilenthrone where you clear Ereshkigal's main underlings and then proceed to fight her in her dragon form. As you weaken her to near death, she attempts to absorb the relic and withers away, while Beritra appears with the forged gauntlet replacing his torn claw/hand, seizing the relic with it and disappearing (this appears in this lore video, which is displayed when you log a character after 7.0).

Berita(another dragon lord) comes in.. he is the one who blocked Tiamat's cry for help to the other dragon lords and let her be killed. Mostly vengeance on Tiamat for killing his lover to take his place.

Also the lover mentioned here is Apsu, which is whose lands we are currently exploring as of 7.0. They look as such (desert, lava, etc) because Tiamat not only killed Apsu to take his place as the new 5th Dragon Lord (which explains why Tiamat was the weakest, and first to fall to the Daevas, as she was not part of the original first 5), but took his lands as well and unleashed draught and devastation upon them.

I haven't done the 7.0 campaign yet so I'll let someone else explain that (if there's anything more to it than "shugos are evil businessmen"), but I believe it's mostly centred around Stellin and Inanna (the girl at 1:10~1:19 in the video I linked). But I think it wouldn't be far-fetched to imagine Beritra will be trying to resurrect Apsu with what he could glean from Ereshkigal and her followers playing around with the flower/Sakrapes, the relic he stole and the altars.

Archived