Forums

Access Restriction Notice?

Gallium-DN

13 hours ago, 1s28A9DA-KT said:

I just got this same issue :(.. Tried to log on 3 times but I cant.

You might try logging into the actual website. Like, you'll get that message on the client and it closes out. Then come to aiononline.com and log in at the top right corner of the website. (If you're already logged in, log out then log back in.) Then go back to the Aion client and try again. That seems to work for me.

I get this too but this morning it was a little different message.  It actually told me I tried to enter my pin 9 times wrong and something about if I enter it wrong more times I was going to get locked out.  I did not double click on anything for it to pop up.  I just tried logging in and got no opportunity to enter a pin it just came after clicking on my character I wanted to play on.

The message to me this morning told me that I was restricted from logging in for 8 hours. Lol. Ofc all I had to do was restart the client and try again.

Imagine that popping up to someone that doesn't know that this is a bug?

15 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

The message to me this morning told me that I was restricted from logging in for 8 hours. Lol. Ofc all I had to do was restart the client and try again.

Imagine that popping up to someone that doesn't know that this is a bug?

Yea we'd have a ton of threads on the matter, lol.B|

Can we please get this fixed. Seriously - do you want to have your support desk flooded with calls over this? I don't think so, and it could easily happen if people panic over this.

So far it took multiple attempts - not only logging into the web page first , but also switching to another character before selecting the one I wanted. In all it took me THREE tries to login  to the character I wanted.

On 8/25/2019 at 0:35 PM, Gallium-DN said:

I just logged into my account and selected a character from my main screen and immediately got a Access Restriction Notice. I hadn't even entered my Pin number yet! Has anyone else had this issue and what should I do? I am deeply concerned and confused.

4cLqDf2A5GZBhC0hnK5kbR2PwtWvBRMn0Kmi29qp

I get this a lot.. Opened a ticked on it and support said they already know about it and were working on the problem.  So it's not just you and the solution for now is just login again and usually it doesn't happen the second attempt to logon

I'd like to put forth a theory. Everybody can shoot me down.

Bots seem to me to be an existential threat to NCSOFT. I believe inability to control them is why NCSOFT disabled the economy, leading to a huge amount of negative discussion on these forums.

XIGNCODE was put in to suppress bots. So the one thing about AION that we can have more assurance in than anything is that XIGNCODE doesn't work.

What if NCSOFT understands this and is trying to implement something better than XIGNCODE? If they did this, then maybe they'd roll out the new software a week ahead of disabling XIGNCODE, just to see if anything broke. If that happened, you might expect to see minor glitches in some security features, such as, for example, the PIN. Well, gee wiz, we're seeing glitches in a security feature.

Maybe NCSOFT actually listened. I have no idea. I got a bunch of those messages too, but just in the last week.

11 minutes ago, Glinda-EK said:

XIGNCODE was put in to suppress bots. So the one thing about AION that we can have more assurance in than anything is that XIGNCODE doesn't work.

XIGNCODE is like the software equivalent of America's Transportation Security Administration: Put in place to provide an illusion of security and increased safety, but not actually being effective at its job. AFAIK, they never actually turned XIGNCODE on and left it in "monitoring" mode.

17 minutes ago, Glinda-EK said:

What if NCSOFT understands this and is trying to implement something better than XIGNCODE? If they did this, then maybe they'd roll out the new software a week ahead of disabling XIGNCODE, just to see if anything broke. If that happened, you might expect to see minor glitches in some security features, such as, for example, the PIN. Well, gee wiz, we're seeing glitches in a security feature.

Maybe NCSOFT actually listened. I have no idea. I got a bunch of those messages too, but just in the last week.

You're giving them FAR too much credit. They often break things and leave glitches unaddressed for weeks at a time and this situation is no different. Most of the time, game companies license cheat detection software because it's more cost-effective than trying to develop something themselves. NC is removing XIGNCODE as a cost-saving measure, not because they suddenly decided to throw money to develop or license some shiny new cheat detection program.

Sorry to shoot you down. I like your optimism though.

• 9 months later...

This thread is quite old but, if you go to the website -> account -> authorized location -> remove the recent saved location then put the code that you always receive when you log in a different computer, you`ll be able to fix this problem

Archived