Forums

Aion October Preview

Cyan

• Aion Team

Hello Daevas, 

Here is a preview for what to expect in October. Many of the features shared are still in active development so it may be subject to change.

Upcoming Events:

• A new event, Haunted Energy will begin Wednesday October 4. Malevolent spirits have invaded Atreia and need your help to be cleared out.
  • Shugo Sweep will be returning middle of the month!
  • A new Halloween-themed event will begin later in the month. You will search and destroy pumpkins inside of instances and work to spawn a spooky coffin in the capital cities. 
  • The annual pumpkin carving contest will be returning! Details will be available soon.

In Progress:

• Server merges are scheduled for October 11! Get ready!
  • 5.6 feedback survey will be sent out in-game.

Thank you

• Cyan pinned this topic

@Cyan I'm interested in what generally will be in the feedback survey. Is it open ended, is it select a response, is it both? Got some kind of detail with that? I mean you have to at least have a vision right?

@Cyan Another work together event later in the month? If so, can you open up one thread per server for the event dedicated to organizing the community's goals so we don't waste materials on the other options people don't want?

PS: I believe a hunted energy is called a ghost? Seriously though, bad name.

• Aion Team
8 minutes ago, Mookie-TM said:

What about nightmare circus D:

Nightmare Circus has closed down after many successful years of entertainment.

8 minutes ago, SacrificialPower-SL said:

@Cyan I'm interested in what generally will be in the feedback survey. Is it open ended, is it select a response, is it both? Got some kind of detail with that? I mean you have to at least have a vision right?

@Cyan Another work together event later in the month? If so, can you open up one thread per server for the event dedicated to organizing the community's goals so we don't waste materials on the other options people don't want?

PS: I believe a hunted energy is called a ghost? Seriously though, bad name.

The feedback will be like previous surveys. Multiple choice and a follow-up survey if more data is needed to be specific. And, the event isn't as large scale as previous "work together" events. A few players can participate and everyone can benefit. More details will of course be shared as that date nears. 

17 minutes ago, Cyan said:

The feedback will be like previous surveys. Multiple choice and a follow-up survey if more data is needed to be specific. And, the event isn't as large scale as previous "work together" events. A few players can participate and everyone can benefit. More details will of course be shared as that date nears. 

I value prompt responses, but a non-proper 13 minute wait reply? I'm not someone who you can prioritize over others. I'm sure there are people out there, on fire, due to Support, and here I am getting pampered. Seriously, take a cooldown on replying to me. Thank you anyway, for the reply, not for it being quick.

PS: Not being rude, I'm just unable to be nice.

13 minutes ago, Mookie-TM said:

....I was so ready to spend so much money on resets for the nightmare circus specific skins (like the harp and the dress thing) what is going to happen to those, are they gone forever?

Why you want those dumpy skins? Aren't they in the Luna craft options? Idk about you, but I encourage new skins.

6 minutes ago, Mookie-TM said:

No, obviously they are not, because as I said theyre nightmare circus specific. Meaning they only come from the nightmare circus. People have different taste in skins, you may not want them but other people will.

Yes you may have stated it that way, but I remember something being in the Luna Shop.

• Aion Team
1 hour ago, Mookie-TM said:

....I was so ready to spend so much money on resets for the nightmare circus specific skins (like the harp and the dress thing) what is going to happen to those, are they gone forever?

Keep an eye out, they will be made available!

14 hours ago, Cyan said:

Keep an eye out, they will be made available!

While at that, I'll ask again.

PLEASE make the Stormbringer Motion available again somewhere (hopefully on bcm, maybe for a rotation) since you removed it from the loot table of the ONLY event where it was available from (Solorius Toy Festival).

• Aion Team
13 hours ago, Tawny-BR said:

Will weekend buffs continue?

Yes, they will continue to be on rotation.

7 hours ago, Rakesh-IS said:

@Cyan I just wanted to say thanks for writing these monthly previews! They're fun to look at and also give a better sense of what events might be worth setting some extra Aion time aside.

? glad to hear!

I was curious with the merges coming, when those of us who own homes can expect to get our money returned to us for the cost of what we paid.  I ask because I intend to buy a home or two again, and would ideally like to purchase one the first week after merge.  Which, I won't be able to do unless I have the money from my old home purchases returned to me.

Any idea on how housing refunds will work, and when they will be distributed?

4 hours ago, StupidBR-SL said:

While at that, I'll ask again.

PLEASE make the Stormbringer Motion available again somewhere (hopefully on bcm, maybe for a rotation) since you removed it from the loot table of the ONLY event where it was available from (Solorius Toy Festival).

I woul love to see Stormbringer Motion available again as well please.

16 hours ago, MlnakoAino-TM said:

Any idea on how housing refunds will work, and when they will be distributed?

Additionally, if the refunds aren't instantaneous post-merge maintenance, knowing if you will be able to receive the kinah you paid for your housing despite transferring after the merges would be a nice touch.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:44 AM, Cyan said:

• A new Halloween-themed event will begin later in the month. You will search and destroy pumpkins inside of instances and work to spawn a spooky coffin in the capital cities. 

Sweep = Roll dice ? arcade didn't work out ? o-o

Halloween themed event ? destroy pumpkins inside instance = Linkgate ? :D

On 10/2/2017 at 2:44 PM, Cyan said:

Please make sure to update the rewards from Shugo Sweep or people won't even bother spending a dime on it since last time the event happened the rewards weren't very profitable and now they're really outdated compared to what they were worth 5 months ago, especially since this is a VERY BCM reliable event.

(hint, hint: who knows, maybe add a certain motion card that people have been asking for a while and you guys have been ignoring)

• 2 weeks later...

The Shugo sweep used to be 1 item per week so those who dont use bcm were stuck with crap. You could make it 1 per day. Still those who use bcm could refresh the board more often and roll more. 

I get the example from BnS: they make events without putting the store as target and they end up getting more ppl buying from it. Its time Aion get to that stage, dont you think?

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived