Jump to content
Cyan

Weekly Server Maintenance - September 4, 2019

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

 

 

It's only a skin, too, not "gear"...

you mean you guys didnt get the Vandal skin? in EU you get it upon geting to lvl 80...from a quest...in Lahkrun...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeyra-KT   

mmm @Aly let's review those maths I need help cuz I'm a bit slow

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Wrong on so many levels.

First, Whales will 100% make characters so they don't have to pay.

Second, we aren't talking 20 characters. We are talking upwards of 200. Look at the screenshot posted above.

  • 1650 frags -> 33 bags of frags -> 660 coins -> w/ avg of 3 coins per character that's 220 characters.

 

 

1650 frags /50 = 33 good (I think I'm doing well) -> 33 bags x20 cauldron coins = 660 cc (yey I'm getting there) -> w/avg of 3 coins per character that's... whaat 220

mmm let's think for a second, how many coins did you get in "1" week (7 days of the event)???? yes avg of 3 coins "per day" sweetheart.

So that was w/avg of 3 coins per char x7 DAYS = that would be 27 coins per char and finally 660/27= 24 +/- toons

Ok, I'm really bad at maths seriously, but in mine unluckiest toon I got 9 coins and in the luckiest got 21. I'm pretty sure you are wrong with the person you are accusing of having 220 toons. Think this, it is impossible that if you logged every day of the week you got in 1 toon 3 coins as average cuz each box warrantied at least 1 cauldron coin.

We don't know why they did this, we can imagine, we can't accuse anyone's fault unless you are NC's secretary or really good at maths...

At the end is good to know that we all agree that they could have handled it in any other way:

- Make items only tradeable by account warehouse
- Push min lvl up to 76
- Make some GM sit and catch bots stalking boxes in the act (I'll delete Aion the day I see that)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can imagine something like this happened:

- Mail comes with the maint. Build (everything cyan posted).

- "We fixed the character slots bug"

- "some other stuff"

- "Also, the fact that cauldron coins are brokerable was actually a bug, so we added a fix to it"

- End of the mail.

 

Based on pqst events, the only thing NA people can do is increase the coins drop, but any tarde/price modification would need Korean changes that happen once per week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
10 minutes ago, Zeyra-KT said:

mmm @Aly let's review those maths I need help cuz I'm a bit slow

1650 frags /50 = 33 good (I think I'm doing well) -> 33 bags x20 cauldron coins = 660 cc (yey I'm getting there) -> w/avg of 3 coins per character that's... whaat 220

mmm let's think for a second, how many coins did you get in "1" week (7 days of the event)???? yes avg of 3 coins "per day" sweetheart.

So that was w/avg of 3 coins per char x7 DAYS = that would be 27 coins per char and finally 660/27= 24 +/- toons

Ok, I'm really bad at maths seriously, but in mine unluckiest toon I got 9 coins and in the luckiest got 21. I'm pretty sure you are wrong with the person you are accusing of having 220 toons. Think this, it is impossible that if you logged every day of the week you got in 1 toon 3 coins as average cuz each box warrantied at least 1 cauldron coin.

We don't know why they did this, we can imagine, we can't accuse anyone's fault unless you are NC's secretary or really good at maths...

At the end is good to know that we all agree that they could have handled it in any other way:

- Make items only tradeable by account warehouse
- Push min lvl up to 76
- Make some GM sit and catch bots stalking boxes in the act (I'll delete Aion the day I see that)

 

Yeah. I caught that as I was going about my morning. That Oops Moment. "I forgot to divide for the days! Thanks for the catch, sweetheart. Kisses!

The bolded is the take away. 

Though I would also add that if someone had actually gone over this event, they would have seen the possible abuses and changed the items to either not able to be sold on the broker or pushed the min level for participation up to 76+ (like they did with snowballs). Had the event been rolled out properly, players would have thought it was a decent event and all would be well. It's that it was bungled badly and then changed midstream that pisses people off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Yeah. I caught that as I was going about my morning. That Oops Moment. "I forgot to divide for the days! Thanks for the catch, sweetheart. Kisses!

The bolded is the take away. 

Though I would also add that if someone had actually gone over this event, they would have seen the possible abuses and changed the items to either not able to be sold on the broker or pushed the min level for participation up to 76+ (like they did with snowballs). Had the event been rolled out properly, players would have thought it was a decent event and all would be well. It's that it was bungled badly and then changed midstream that pisses people off.

If we got this event like it's working today since day 1, we would have the forum flooded with complains about how hard is to get enough coins to buy anything.

I would be happy if at least the coin drops were fixed instead random:

- Little box gives 5

- Big box gives 10

And that would solve a lotta troubles and headaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeyra-KT   

The main thing, I think, is not to jump over each others neck, you have the pay-to-win that sustain whoever decided to fork with our cool event in NC, and the free-to-play players that need to survive however they can (me included) I have many toons as well that is why I knew that amount was about right. Both are legit and keep game alive in their own way.

Gideon in the patch's live stream promised rewarding events, how is this now rewarding? In 1 week I'll get 15 coins to buy nothing important...

That should be what we all should be asking them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, August 28, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CEST. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Changes

  • An issue where Prestige Pass was not providing up to 12 character slots will be fixed.

 

So, @Cyan do you have an answer for us now on if the Free Trial Pass will give us the extra character slots? I don't want to waste my free trail if its not going to give me the slots. Also, when will the Vandal Gear Pack be sent out? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

unknown.png

At least i got 1650 frags out of my alts. That is a win.

That is like 70 hours of kibrium beach farm with 1 account, 45 hours of open world farm for acient guiding and like 3 hours of crafting and extracting gear.

all that just for login alts i think it was a pretty good week, for a lot of players.

I think this was supposed to be a filler/side event as we should get a major event for Anniversary, so don't rage guys keep the good spirits xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like some people to stop assuming everyone has an alt army. I don't have an alt army. I have only 11 toons and still was only able to upgrade one piece of my cleric's armor due to the number of coins that you get in the chests and that was 6 days into this event. Out of my 11 toons 2 have gotten "decent" rewards in 2 days of this event and the rest of the other days have gotten nothing but 1 coin maybe 3 every other day from both the small and big chests. If the coins were not tradeable from the start the forums would have been flooded because the event would be rubbish. Honestly even now it is a bit trashy because you have to sell your coins on the broker with those horrible fees and then buy the coins on your main and the amount of coins you get from the chests. There are some p2w people already in full +15 tier 2 gear and this patch hasn't been out long. Over 90% if the events so far since 6.0+ patches came out have been throw your credit card at your monitor and you get rewards from it. Instead of nerfing this event more how about you re-access how you guys make money. How about making the game playable by everyone and maybe they will be grateful and become a paying customer along with the people who already pay thus making you earn more income? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
28 minutes ago, Briearios-DN said:

I would like some people to stop assuming everyone has an alt army. I don't have an alt army. I have only 11 toons and still was only able to upgrade one piece of my cleric's armor due to the number of coins that you get in the chests and that was 6 days into this event. Out of my 11 toons 2 have gotten "decent" rewards in 2 days of this event and the rest of the other days have gotten nothing but 1 coin maybe 3 every other day from both the small and big chests. If the coins were not tradeable from the start the forums would have been flooded because the event would be rubbish. Honestly even now it is a bit trashy because you have to sell your coins on the broker with those horrible fees and then buy the coins on your main and the amount of coins you get from the chests. There are some p2w people already in full +15 tier 2 gear and this patch hasn't been out long. Over 90% if the events so far since 6.0+ patches came out have been throw your credit card at your monitor and you get rewards from it. Instead of nerfing this event more how about you re-access how you guys make money. How about making the game playable by everyone and maybe they will be grateful and become a paying customer along with the people who already pay thus making you earn more income? 

Right. But it isn't you with your 11 alts that caught the eye of the staff.

We can't know for sure, but I am thinking something like this happened. Going through a normal weekly meeting on games, someone mentions that there had been a dramatic increase in account and character creation in Aion. I think that the staff is aware enough to realize that this isn't due to the amazing things that have happened in Aion lately. So there has to be a reason. All those characters are getting to level 30 and then heading to Pandae/Sanctum, opening boxes and selling the coins. BINGO. Incoming nerf.

The real crime here is that if someone who actually actively plays Aion took a look at this event critically before it was dropped on the live servers, they would have seen that there would be an issue and an adjustment could have been made.

It's changing things midstream that infuriates players most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

It's changing things midstream that infuriates players most.

+++

They continue to have "oh shit" moments because they didn't think things through and then have to "fix" things in the middle of us enjoying them.

- This event with the coins
- The End of the World event with the gems
- Flower event
- Luna craft
- Enchantment stone survey
- Tia Eye event

Probably more I'm just forgetting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VullyEvil-KT said:

you mean you guys didnt get the Vandal skin? in EU you get it upon geting to lvl 80...from a quest...in Lahkrun...

 

He meant that EU got actual legendary gear with stats, we are getting a white item with no stats, just the skins for that legendary gear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Wrong on so many levels.

First, Whales will 100% make characters so they don't have to pay.

Second, we aren't talking 20 characters. We are talking upwards of 200. Look at the screenshot posted above.

  • 1650 frags -> 33 bags of frags -> 660 coins -> w/ avg of 3 coins per character that's 220 characters.

 

 

It is more like 1~5 coins per char per day, an average of 3 coins per char per day is like 21 coins per week per char, so that number would be 31 chars

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaal-DN   
39 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

Maybe if they see a huge response, they will take our thoughts seriously. Lets avoid another catastrophe like today.

 

im losing hope :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all are aware of why the drops are so bad aren't  you? If you get good stuff there is no need to buy The pouches or the Essence from BCM. If you don't get good stuff that might sway you into buying from the BCM. I got some pretty decent stuff before the update. I have 8 toons and between them all I got 9 coins and 1 transformation contract today.

I was really looking forward to buying stuff from BCM this month. I have changed my mind after this nerf. If they can't give, neither can I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all are aware of why the drops are so bad aren't  you? If you get good stuff there is no need to buy The pouches or the Essence from BCM. If you don't get good stuff that might sway you into buying from the BCM. I got some pretty decent stuff before the update. I have 8 toons and between them all I got 9 coins and 1 transformation contract today.

I was really looking forward to buying stuff from BCM this month. I have changed my mind after this nerf. If they can't give, neither can I.

 

 

I did buy pouches and essence from BCM because I felt they were giving so I wanted to give back. It doesn't cost them anything to give does it? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VullyEvil-KT said:

you mean you guys didnt get the Vandal skin? in EU you get it upon geting to lvl 80...from a quest...in Lahkrun...

 

My life has been consumed by work, work2, travel, and school, so my vandal is a whopping level 25. .-.

I'm guessing we didn't, but I don't know for sure. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capa-KT   
4 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

I think this was supposed to be a filler/side event as we should get a major event for Anniversary, so don't rage guys keep the good spirits xD

I wouldn't rage if they tested their events before applying them to live servers.

Either give us the coins brokerable the whole duration of the event, or not brokerable the whole duration of the event.

How the nyerk can you roll out an event, put up items on the BCM for it that people use real money to buy, then change the event after 1/3 of the duration is down because you just didn't predict how people would use the event you yourself designed and implemented into the game you're managing ? You only need one reason for a chargeback, and you blatantly gave it to us this time. You changed the terms of the item you were selling ONE WEEK after you decided to put it on sale- you didn't do any emergency maintenance so it wasn't even a critical bug.

You can't nyerk around mid-way with event items when real money is involved, and you better understand that fast or your whales will be the next out the door.

W7f30mB.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its so much fun to visit NA forums once in a while ;)

Ok here we go, we all know that NA dont check/test they patches, updates, events etc before launch them. That means those ITEMS worked as intended but NA wasnt able to screw player event experience since day 1 (there is no way that it was bug as some noob posted before).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 5:37 PM, Capa-KT said:

I wouldn't rage if they tested their events before applying them to live servers.

Either give us the coins brokerable the whole duration of the event, or not brokerable the whole duration of the event.

How the nyerk can you roll out an event, put up items on the BCM for it that people use real money to buy, then change the event after 1/3 of the duration is down because you just didn't predict how people would use the event you yourself designed and implemented into the game you're managing ? You only need one reason for a chargeback, and you blatantly gave it to us this time. You changed the terms of the item you were selling ONE WEEK after you decided to put it on sale- you didn't do any emergency maintenance so it wasn't even a critical bug.

You can't nyerk around mid-way with event items when real money is involved, and you better understand that fast or your whales will be the next out the door.

W7f30mB.png

true true - I had actually gave in and purchased some alchemy essence to open some boxes tuesday but got a refund after the update notes for maintenance came up.  They changed the way the cauldron coins work mid event which validated my reason for a refund.  @Cyan team quickly reminded me why I had went on strike in the first place but then again I am reminded every week lol figured this event was a slight positive in the right direction but then stupidity strikes again >.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Aion 7.0 ,

Where do we exchange Abyss Points for big potions ? In the new map fortress, in Demarah ?

Where we can spend Abyss Points buying crafting materials, gears, items, etc ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
15 minutes ago, Jessika-DN said:

In Aion 7.0 ,

Where do we exchange Abyss Points for big potions ? In the new map fortress, in Demarah ?

Where we can spend Abyss Points buying crafting materials, gears, items, etc ?

Nowhere. Because you can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×