Forums

Evergale Canyon

Jinky-KT

Last night trying to run this I was kicked 4 times in a row, at that point I logged off and went to bed. Just now I was kicked six times in a row before I finally got in right at the end of a loss. As a returning player who last played when max level was 65 I pretty much need everything from AP to the Etium. Obviously I am not geared past ancient Herald gear. I really do not care if it is win or lose I just want to finish it and move on. What happened to only kicking those that ask? Most of those times I didn't even have time to post "don't kick please". Nice game design here.

It's probably not a spy or someone trying to make your league lose. And it has nothing to do with your gear.

Believe it or not, it's actually someone who is "helping" you. Have you noticed that there are alliances in the EC window that are labeled "Fast Kick" or something like that? There is a bug that people have been abusing ad nauseam since 7.0 released. It's not much of a secret any more, if it ever was. It's been posted about on the forums several times. There are players who have abused this bug so many times that that they acquired the new mats that they needed to upgrade their old gear weeks before it should have been possible and all without spending a single luna. It's sick. It's patently unfair to those who don't abuse it. And.. here is the kicker.. the staff knows about it and has been silent.

So you are correct, @Jinky-KT. Nice game design they have here.

1 minute ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Regardless if this helps or not, they should disable this kick button immediately. 

They are not helping anyone if you just want to lose the EC and go do something else. 

I think you missed my point or I wasn't being clear. 

The OP felt that this was something personal against him and his gear level. That he was being kicked because of who he is. When that really isn't the issue. The person kicking him THOUGHT they were helping. The person kicking THOUGHT everyone wanted a kick because everyone is abusing this bug. The person kicking is a complete and utter window-licking moron.

The very least that NCWest can do is take away the ability to kick in EC.. which was taken away ages ago and for some reason (known only to those who should really know this game but apparently can't even spell AION let alone actually play it) was added back just in time for a new patch that had a nice choke point for gearing up which you can now drive a semi-truck through.

The horses have already run away. Closing the barn door now isn't going to bring them back. It will just keep the donkeys from running off, too. 

Well done, Aion. Well FREAKING done.

giphy.gif

to the jacka s s e s who think they are *helping* by kicking  people who even explicitly ask NOT to be kick-ed WAKE UP geniuses- sometimes the game glitches- the CD can end up being lost (i.e. it bugs) or people can DC, etc.

Let alone the fact that some people actually want to run EC i.e PARTICIPATE  and PLAY. 

@Cyan Until we get a usual vote kick function (and that ain't going to happen) we need the kick disabled ASAP

I thought it was because I am not geared so well, and not known, unless someone remembers my SM from B-C-T dredge days. Playing vandal now trying to gear. I never afk until group is demolished lol, then obviously its a lost cause, or pug rank 1's vs a Gov group kinda know the outcome up front. Would prefer to win but at this point a loss still gives items and ap and a 15 minute run shouldn't take 45 minutes was the point. Wanted to get in dredge and ID also.

27 minutes ago, Jinky-KT said:

I thought it was because I am not geared so well, and not known, unless someone remembers my SM from B-C-T dredge days. Playing vandal now trying to gear. I never afk until group is demolished lol, then obviously its a lost cause, or pug rank 1's vs a Gov group kinda know the outcome up front. Would prefer to win but at this point a loss still gives items and ap and a 15 minute run shouldn't take 45 minutes was the point. Wanted to get in dredge and ID also.

The ones doing the kicking assume the ones quick quing are going to be on all day like they are. Do not sweat it to much if anything despite missing a few runs recently you are still about 6-12 months away from having full ultimate gear if you are still in yellows.

I got kicked 6 times from Evergale in a row...  On the 6th time, I wrote ''DONT kick'' but some idiot still did it so I gave up.....How that supposed to help me?

Also not even giving me a chance to get my lugbug quest done (got kicked few times before timer run out so the match could start)....

@Cyan please disable kick option for EC

3 minutes ago, Hallo-DN said:

I got kicked 6 times from Evergale in a row...  On the 6th time, I wrote ''DONT kick'' but some idiot still did it so I gave up.....How that supposed to help me with I dont even know the EC alliance would lose or win? I got kicked few times before the timer run out LOL.....

@Cyan please disable kick option for EC

Solution: Join or create your own NO kick alliance they fill up in under 40 seconds.

Just now, Hallo-DN said:

Yes I'm asmo. I dont play elyos so I would know whats goes on that side

Well next time it is up form a NO kick alliance you will see they fill very fast. Thanks to this new game design people have 25+ runs and are trying to just use up the CD's.

I wonder if they are going to punish people or not. I'd love to know because I didn't do this yet, not on purpose at least. I've been kicked and rejoined the same alliance a few times (4 or 5 times so far), but I didn't request to be kicked when it happened.

If they are not going to punish people, then I'd like to catch up aswell.

They can only really punish people who dual cliented to kick themselves or the ones kicking/mass kicking because after all, you can't physically force people to kick you, now, can you ?

Nor can you ban 95% of your playerbase, some of which are whales (some people have screenshots of all factions with 20+/2 entries), now, can you ? uwu

And yes, the kicking should've been disabled September 1st, but our devs are a bit on the slow side eh ?

31 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Just make it a "feature". The instance already blows. Making it worse isn't going to hurt anything.

Yes a feature where, on a long-term scale, you can abuse the living shit out of an instance that rewards AP, shards and enchantment stones for the low low price of 0$ spent on the cash shop. Sounds a bit too idyllic to me. Might as well have left the alchemist event as it was... which they promptly fixed. The only reason for the delay is most likely because they don't even understand what the "bug" is nor who to punish.

Usually games find out bugs in a manner of minutes to an hour and post about them telling you NOT to exploit it or face punishment. Neither so far has been posted by NC and the community has posted topics and which have been ignored. It would be in poor taste to start banning people without acknowledging a game bug first. When 90% of your player base is abusing a bug, it's time to fix it straight away.

If you ban the players then who is going to play this game?

It's pretty weird that all the threads reporting it haven't been taken down; usually even posting about these exploits is a big no-no. :1 And I'm super annoyed at all the people I've seen insisting that "everyone" abuses the EC bug, as if that means NC shouldn't penalize players for it. Like, I honestly don't care how many of you are doing it, it's still cheating the system. I hope y'all get temporary bans or all the rewards deleted from your inventories- but it'd be surprising if NC so much as removes the ability to EC kick again. Sigh. ¬¬

I wish I knew if they are going to penalize people or not. I'd like to catch up too if they don't punish anyone. Not gonna lie here, I ended up doing maybe 5 or 6 times but I haven't used any of the rewards yet. They can strip me out of them for all I care, as long as they remove the gear from the people that used the rewards to upgrade their items.

Temporary ban aint gonna cut it for me. If they only do temporary bans and not remove gear I'll quit and never look back to any NCsoft title ever again. And I'll advocate against them every time I'm asked.

This is unacceptable.

Edit:
In fact I'm almost sure they will only do temporary bans IF THAT. Might aswell just get everything that I can out of it and wait for the ban to expire while I gather kinah on alt accounts...

9 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

It's pretty weird that all the threads reporting it haven't been taken down; usually even posting about these exploits is a big no-no. :1 And I'm super annoyed at all the people I've seen insisting that "everyone" abuses the EC bug, as if that means NC shouldn't penalize players for it. Like, I honestly don't care how many of you are doing it, it's still cheating the system. I hope y'all get temporary bans or all the rewards deleted from your inventories- but it'd be surprising if NC so much as removes the ability to EC kick again. Sigh. ¬¬

Do you use the broker to buy items? Well then you are also cheating because your buying from bots.

Do you turn up to siege? Well then you are also cheating because your faction will have hackers that could turn the tide of battle in your favor if your faction is actually working together.

Do you run instances? Well then those people may of bought things from the bots selling items on the broker making your group stronger causing you to be a byproduct of exploiting.

Cheating is a matter of perspective. Now that you know that you could be participating with someone who has cheated are you going to never play with other people? If your answer is shut up squid that logic is stupid then you sir/mam and or non binary are turning a blind eye to what cheating really is and are abusing it.   

P.S Some people have over a years worth of progression from this EC bug so these players will welcome a 14 day rest period with open arms.

Archived